shape
carat
color
clarity

SIG certified stones?

NicolasTheJeweler

Rough_Rock
Trade
Has anybody had experience with stones certified by SIG lab from Singapore. How are their grading standards?

darkadam

Rough_Rock
Not sure who else uses it, i only know Meyson Jewellery in singapore uses SIG and only mainly to grade their Hearts and Arrow.
Meyson's price is pretty decent, pretty much the cheapest B&M chain you can find in singapore.

As to how their grading goes, i tried to call them early in the year to ask how much it would cost to grade a stone, but they said their grader had just left, so i don't think they're a very big outfit.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
From my limited experience of living in Asia and seeing only 3 diamonds graded by them I would group them with the EGL international level. I wouldn't worry too much about color, but clarity might be an issue. The 3 I saw were SI1/SI2, but they have little carbon spots that you could see with the naked eye from about 3 inches away. Not obvious. I don't think the owners even noticed them.

I was under the impression they were a tiny lab. I know several people took the SIG grading to be more of an appraisal vs. lab report. Hope that helps.

darkadam

Rough_Rock
Now that you mentioned it, I think Sig is allowed to represent EGL Asia and issue EGL Asia certificates in Singapore.

diamond-enthusiast

Rough_Rock
Looked at some SIG diamonds under the loupe before. I would say the clarity grades are pretty accurate compared to GIA for SI diamonds. Can't use this as a basis to generalize their grading though. Color wise, mounted rings that I had seen don't give a fair assessment.

NicolasTheJeweler

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you all. I really appreciate it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results