shape
carat
color
clarity

Sidestones versus Center stones Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EyeCode

Rough_Rock
After much deliberation and searching I think I have found the setting for my GF''s E-ring.

http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Search/JewelrySearchDetails.asp?Submit=Submit&sSKU=74336

I have 2 issues though. Seems like most side stones are G-H color. How noticeable will this be with say a D,E,F 1 carat stone. I am going to be getting a RB, H&A, SI1-VS2 diamond. I am just down to calling some of the PS vendors and seeing what they have. If the center stone is E and the sides are G-H, will this be noticeable?

Second, I am going to buy my stone from one of the top PS vendors, is it safe for me to have my setting sent there for mounting? Could that be an issue, if I dont buy my setting from my diamond vendor? Also if anyone has some suggestions of where I can look at some more engagement rings settings please add the link.

Thanks

EyeCode

Rough_Rock
Is there anyone that could help me on this please?!?!?!
confused.gif
confused.gif

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
As for color, it depends what size the side stones are. The color difference with smaller sidestones would be no problem at all until you get to pretty hefty sidestones (i.e. 3-stone ring), even then the difference would be minimal at best and probably still not noticeable.

As for shipping a mounting off, it is almost always easier to ship a mounting to the retail diamond vendor for setting than trying to ship the stone to the mounting vendor. A lot cheaper and safer as well.
That being said, I recently had a problem with a stone vendor that didn't like losing a mounting/side stone sale to elsewhere and to be polite, let's just say he was not "comfortable" with the idea of using an outside mount.
So check with your vendor first, but they should have no problem with it all. This happens all the time.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Griffin, that I would look to have the stone vendor do the setting, but I would even take it a step farther. The setting you have selected it beautiful, and might be offered by one of the PS vendors you are talking to. Check with them first to see if they can make the whole ring that you have selected. Otherwise, see if they will do the setting if you send them the mount.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results