shape
carat
color
clarity

Sidestones sizing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Jewelers I have gotten in contact with have suggested I go with .30 heart shaped side stones for my 1.29 center stone. I''m not sure if I want to go that low or go with .40.

I''d like solid finger coverage (4.5) but also to have a good proportion to the stones. I don''t want a look where they all look the same size, but neither do I want a look where they look so much smaller.

Does anyone have any advice? If anyone has pictures please post so I can get a good idea! Also, throw in the pear or trillion side stone pictures since they''re more commonly paired with RB and I''ll still get a decent idea of proportions.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 12:16:07 AM
Author:lilythespitfire
Jewelers I have gotten in contact with have suggested I go with .30 heart shaped side stones for my 1.29 center stone. I''m not sure if I want to go that low or go with .40.

I''d like solid finger coverage (4.5) but also to have a good proportion to the stones. I don''t want a look where they all look the same size, but neither do I want a look where they look so much smaller.

Does anyone have any advice? If anyone has pictures please post so I can get a good idea! Also, throw in the pear or trillion side stone pictures since they''re more commonly paired with RB and I''ll still get a decent idea of proportions.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Re. your heart diamonds dilemma - are you able to look at different pairs of hearts from with your diamond either in person or via photos as that way you can decide which look you like best?

In the meantime, I am posting pictures of two rings with pear sides:
The first one has a 1.65 carat F VS1round brilliant with pear diamonds totalling 0.71 carat F VS
The second one has 1.08 carat G SI1 round brilliant diamond with total 0.49 carat F VS pear diamonds

Design 87a round and pear diamonds.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think .3 carat heart stones would look excellent with a 1.29 carat stone. I personally wouldn''t go as large as .4 because you want your center stone to shine. I have 4.25 sized hands and I think this combination would be great finger coverage on me with the .3 stones!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if this builder is exactly accurate, but it might help give you an idea. You have to take a very short survey first, and then you can play with the ring builder. This is where I first fell in love with the combo you''re using.

http://www.adiamondisforever.com/dyoer/

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the pictures! The first picture is nearly spot on in terms of how I want my setting to look like but with no knife edge.

No I haven''t been able to yet however, I''m meeting with the jeweler this Friday to see the side stones in person and see how they match up.

So wish me luck! Hopefully they will be perfect.

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 7:55:10 AM
Author: Ellen
I don''t know if this builder is exactly accurate, but it might help give you an idea. You have to take a very short survey first, and then you can play with the ring builder. This is where I first fell in love with the combo you''re using.

http://www.adiamondisforever.com/dyoer/

Ellen thank you so much for the link. I don''t know how accurate it is, but I tried to get as close to my center size and I happen to really love the look of the .40s. So I''m off to see the stones (hopefully) this Friday!!

It may or may not be overkill since I have small, long fingers. But, hey, I don''t want to regret choosing too small either. This will be the final setting for the rest of my married life. FI is adamant about that. So, I figure if I go bigger now at least I won''t suffer too much from DSS later on.

Will keep you posted!
3.gif
I know that you''d probably stab nudge me if I didn''t give you the details.
11.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 2:31:36 AM
Author: Indira-London
here is the second picture
Now that is a very nice ring!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 10:46:02 PM
Author: lilythespitfire

Ellen thank you so much for the link. I don''t know how accurate it is, but I tried to get as close to my center size and I happen to really love the look of the .40s. So I''m off to see the stones (hopefully) this Friday!!

It may or may not be overkill since I have small, long fingers. But, hey, I don''t want to regret choosing too small either. This will be the final setting for the rest of my married life. FI is adamant about that. So, I figure if I go bigger now at least I won''t suffer too much from DSS later on.

Will keep you posted!
3.gif
11.gif
lol.gif
I would.
11.gif
Can''t wait to see what you end up with!

And, SYC posted her lovely ring, and I do think those proportions go very nicely. Although different sides can carry weight differently, so I really do think seeing them will be best.

*sitting on the edge of my seat*

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 7:51:27 AM

Will keep you posted!
3.gif
11.gif
lol.gif
I would.
11.gif

And, SYC posted her lovely ring, and I do think those proportions go very nicely. Although different sides can carry weight differently, so I really do think seeing them will be best.

Well Ellen, here''s the update:

I will tease you a bit and tell you that I went for the unexpected: I went with .20 on each side. The designer I went with actually advised me to go smaller rather than larger (dare I say PS blasphemy? I can hear the gasps already), and since he''s pretty...ahem...well know on this site, I opted for his experience and expertise.

Betcha you''re dying to know who, huh? *grins evilly*
11.gif

No way!
27.gif
I will reveal all in a few weeks when I will be popping into the SMTR thread.

*muahahahahahahhaha*

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 5:52:39 PM

Date: 4/2/2009 7:51:27 AM

Will keep you posted!
3.gif
11.gif
lol.gif
I would.
11.gif

Well Ellen, here''s the update:

I will tease you a bit and tell you that I went for the unexpected: I went with .20 on each side. The designer I went with actually advised me to go smaller rather than larger (dare I say PS blasphemy? I can hear the gasps already), and since he''s pretty...ahem...well know on this site, I opted for his experience and expertise.

Betcha you''re dying to know who, huh? *grins evilly*
11.gif

No way!
27.gif
I will reveal all in a few weeks when I will be popping into the SMTR thread.

*muahahahahahahhaha*
I think this is going to look great and the smaller sides will make your center stone pop! I still think you will have some great finger coverage though, no worries. I can''t wait to see it!

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
I''m sure it will look amazing! I can''t wait to see it in SMTR! Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
I think this is going to look great and the smaller sides will make your center stone pop! I still think you will have some great finger coverage though, no worries. I can''t wait to see it!

Thank you for the kind words kcoursolle! It was one of my big concerns that I wouldn''t get the coverage I wanted. I may not truthfully, but at the same time, I have to say that coverage doesn''t outweigh aesthetics for me. Hopefully it will look as delicate and lovely, but still be a knockout on the hand coverage wise!

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 6:14:25 PM
Author: vgirl17
I''m sure it will look amazing! I can''t wait to see it in SMTR! Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks! I can''t wait to show it off...it''s this little masterpiece that''s just taking it''s time! I''m so antsy just thinking about it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results