shape
carat
color
clarity

Sidestones or no???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Reenie

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Am looking for a bit of advice. Have had an asscher aqua cut (which is so georgous and the colour is amazing) and am in the process of getting computer renderings through on the bespoke setting.

Am going for a plain split band setting and have had a couple of versions through now and the images are now getting close to perfect. However, the one quandry i have is whether to add a side stones (i was thinking perhaps 3 little blue sapphires or perhaps a sapphire trilliant on each side) down the band but dont know if this will detract from my main stone or not. I dont know what to do and whether this would be too much. I attach a couple of pics of my latest rendering. Any comments on the design and whether side stones would enhance the stone or detract from it. Also what side stones you would add and what shape. Too many decisions!!!

I look forward to your input!

Thanks very much.

xx

Reenie

Rough_Rock
First pic

Render1.jpeg

Reenie

Rough_Rock
Next one...

Render2.jpeg

Reenie

Rough_Rock

Render3.jpeg

Reenie

Rough_Rock

Render4.jpeg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful color aqua Reenie. I am with SDL, I wouldn''t change a thing. I would just want to focus on that beauty.
30.gif
30.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t go for side stones as it will change the whole design. It''s lovely and in your images the aqua takes centre stage which is what you want.

If the aqua is small and that''s why you want the side stones then I can understand (would still prefer without though!) but you''d have to change the design to add them or have them so far down the shank that I wonder if you''d see them when the ring is on your finger?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
It is AWESOME, as is!!!
30.gif

Lori

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
That''s just gorgeous, as is. Don''t add the sidestones - it looks incredibly classic and beautiful on its own!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Reenie,

I would also let the aqua speak for itself. That is a really beautiful and unique design. Awe inspiring :)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leave it be. It''s going to be one gorgeous ring. In this case, less is way, way more!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If this were your typical split shank design with straight lines, I''d probably suggest some tapered baguettes or graduating trapezoids between the splits, but since it''s a bit unusual, I''ll join the bunch and say leave it as is. But if you''re really keen on having some bling on it, maybe some pave work on the gallery could be done - but make sure it''s not too...loud.

Reenie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the comments so far! LD - i think my stone is a good size for my finger - is it a 2.5ct acqa measuring 8.5mm x 8.5mm so a really nice size. I attach a picture to give you an idea how it will look in the setting IRL.

Thanks again for all the comments. Keep em coming!

xx

Aqua.jpeg

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Reenie, it is GORGEOUS and that setting is beautiful - I wouldn''t change a thing so add me to the list that says ''perfect as it is!'' - can''t wait to see your finished ring!
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooo, gorgeous aqua and I can''t wait to see it done!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Aqua! I too agree with everyone! The design is wonderful and it lets the Aqua be the showstopper as it is!! Less is more in this case!!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I vote no to sidestones too. It can definitely stand alone.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely as it is, very elegant. Please take photos of the finished ring!
12.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not add any other colored stones to that ring. Right now the Aqua is the star. The setting looks like it''s been made to show off that stone, I''d leave it that way. Lovely stone by the way!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 1:16:49 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Its beautiful Reenie.. I wouldn''t change a thing. I wouldn''t want anything to distract from that gorgeous stone. :)
Ditto!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this is definitely a case of less is more . . . LOVE that aqua, and that setting will be a lovely showcase for it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not put sapphire sidestones because their rich colour and sparkle might take some attention away from the aquamarine. In any case, the design is already beautiful as it is, so I vote to leave it as it is.

Reenie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your input everybody! I have given the go-ahead to the jeweller to begin casting my ring as per the latest design with no side stones. Hopefully the ring will be cast early next week and set by the end of next week. Could be through customs in less than 3 weeks time. Am so excited!!!

Think my jeweller was a bit disappointed that i didnt want any more changes as he was enjoying working on it and likes practicing his modelling skills - i am normally so picky too - but hey i guess he just read what i was looking for from my pictures and our emails.

I will post pictures of it when it arrives so you can all have a peep.

Thanks again everyone for your input - you really helped me make my mind up.

Cheers,

xx

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yeah.. Looks beautiful, and can''t wait for more pictures. btw...your stone is absolutely gorgeous too!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Glad you''re going with no side stones, too. It is going to bea fabulous
36.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
side stones?! absolutely NOT.

mz

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
as is. it will be beautiful!! i can''t wait to see it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful. I wouldn''t change a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results