shape
carat
color
clarity

side stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

freedman

Rough_Rock
is there a rule of thumb for $/carat for small side stones? i''m looking at trapezoids .. about .4carats each (brilliant cut) ... any guesses what they should cost?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 11/30/2003 6:45:04 PM freedman wrote:

is there a rule of thumb for $/carat for small side stones? i'm looking at trapezoids .. about .4carats each (brilliant cut) ... any guesses what they should cost?----------------

There is no real discount for the shape and you may encounter some some premium on the 'fancy cut'. However, these special cuts are not all that easy to find retail: usually the jeweler provides the side stones for the client. Not easy does not means imposible though. What color and clarity are you after?

For example, I have been offered (a few month ago) a G-VS1 pair of step-cut trapezoids at 1900 USD. One step down in clarity (VS2) would have brought the price a 1650. For that vensor, this price represented a 20% markup on emerald cut side stones. No idea wether these are representative numbers.

Online I have encountered the 'brilliant' cut version of these at this Source but have not tried them. Hopefully, someone on PS did, as usual
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results