shape
carat
color
clarity

Side Stones - Baguettes or Pears

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kel

Rough_Rock
I have a solitaire brilliant round diamond which I would like to add side stones to - what''s everyone''s personal preference, baguette, more round or pear?

And pics please!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size is your stone? That could affect whether baguettes or pears would look better with it. I suggest that you visit some stores to to compare which side stones look better with your size central stone. Good luck!

Kel

Rough_Rock
My centre stone is 0.75 ct.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, I would go with the baguettes. I think that pears tend to look better next to bigger stones such as 1 carat plus. But use your judment. Have you gone into any stores to look? See if you can place some samples next to your ring at a store, though it may be hard with the baguettes, I don''t know if alot of stores would have loose baguettes?

anyway, my vote is for the baguettes!!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not a fan of baguettes with rounds because of how little light they return. I would prefer small pears on each side because at least they have a facet pattern that is more similar to the round and will show more of a uniform sparkle. Kaleigh's ring with the pears is a stunning example of a 3 stone IMO...check it out!

Oh but since you included it, I actually think two rounds would be great as a compliment to the center stone! I love round 3 stones in unique settings.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for baguettes too. Such a beautiful classic look. Yes, hard to believe that Pearcrazy doesn't vote for the pears for once!! I think that baguettes will highlight your center stone better without being too busy.

Kel

Rough_Rock
I think I prefer the look of pears - personally because I think they shine and twinkle more like a round diamond so would compliment the centre stone better. My centre stone is semi bezel set and I can only think of adding side stones to jazz it up a bit. At the moment it has tiny blue square stones set in the band.

I''m so worried the jeweller won''t change it! Does anyone have any examples of semi bezel settings with side stones? THanks so much for all the advice - finally found a place on the internet to answer my questions! And get some wonderful ideas.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Have you considered round sidestones? My center stone is also in a semi-bezel setting and so are the round side stones. The pave shank also adds a little extra bling.

semibezelsides.JPG

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I think that tapered baguettes will look beautiful!! I love the way that the sleekness of the baguettes balance out the brilliance of a round!!
30.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Not to hijack the thread, but Sundial I love when you post your ring! I always sigh in admiration, it''s beautiful!

Kel: I think small pears, or tapered baguettes would go great with your center stone. I lean toward the tapered baguettes because I think the center stone would be showcased.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for round sides! Maybe 0.20-0.25ct each? That would look great in a unique setting! It will just be a whole finger of round sparkles! That would look fantastic!!
10.gif

BTW Sundial. I absolutely love love love your ring! It is so gorgeous!!
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pears of course, that''s easy!!!!!
36.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Kaleigh''s ring. ''Nuff said. :)

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
Rounds, then pears, then baguettes!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I vote for pears!!!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I go for rounds. However, have you tried going on www.adiamondisforever.com ? There is an interactive tool there that will allow you to view how your stone (i.e. cut and size wise) would look with various side stones. Hey, home come my link is not linkable?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I''m all for the pears!! kaleigh''s ring...
30.gif
30.gif
one of my all time favs

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for pears obviously:) But the interactive sites such as the one mentioned above will help you look at the options. That and visiting some local stores and just looking at the different combinations. Now, my pears are sapphires, I don''t know if I''d still say pears in diamonds unless you could find some really nice ones. My stone is larger though at 1.5 ct with .5 each of side stones.

anika

Shiny_Rock
Bagette sides are a good way to make the ring still look like a classic solitaire while ''filling up the finger" but I do think they don''t sparkle as much. I say a setting which was a whole lot of bagettes put together so it appeared like one big bagette which looked a bit more sparkley.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two relatively large & long pears - the difference of shape and settingthe center stone higher will make it stand out anyway, and then pears tend to be rather large for the weight. All in all, the finger gets a substantial diamond bridge and your diamond gets to show off too. It can't be that bad!

Using two long baguettes (and they can be brilliant, only it is difficult to find well cut ones) would result in a daintier ring. Perhaps better if the ring size is very small (3 or so), but even then... I would prefer hear shaped sides over pears !
2.gif

Speaking about long pears, here's what I mean:

10550j.JPG

That ring has a 1 carat center and half carat total pear sides - but rather long & large ones for their weight.

10550f.JPG

I would keep it that way for a 6mm center stone and set if a bit higher over the pears.

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
At first I was going to say baguettes based on the size of your center but the ring valeria posted looks great. I was thinking the baguettes would make the center stand out more, but the pears will help fill and add sparkle to the finger. (all in all, I like this look better myself too, I like pear sides on rounds, pears, ECs... you name it).
2.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Oooooo!!! Pears would look awesome next to your round. In the 3+ carat ranges, pear solitaires look sooo yummy and striking!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results