shape
carat
color
clarity

Side Stone Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrianHP

Rough_Rock
Hello,If I could just get a little more help.... She would like side stones on the diamond that was purchased and I could use some help.Center stone is G .71 SI1 premium cut. Looking at .25 side stone on each side.Should I really go for rounds and get a VG good cut or would a VG cut in bagets, pears tri etc... show okay?Are Rubies or Sapphires a negative? Or do they have any effect on the fire good or bad of a center diamond?I have a big concern that I could take away from this beautiful diamond.P.S.
I perfer rubiesThanks,
Brian

BrianHP

Rough_Rock
Wow, now that put it that way.....

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Brian,I think it is much up to personal taste. Side rubies could really look nice...
2234.JPG
You might want to browse this site with the hudreeds engagement ring movies:
www.drostes.com/shopsmart/index.cgi/Engagement_Rings

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Brian,What do you think *she* likes? Have you gone by any jewelry stores with her and noticed what she likes-or which of her friends' rings she loves?Maybe some close family or friends could help you figure this out.It is nice when the side stones sit close to the center stone (big gaps can be ugly) and it's nice when "stones" take up much of the metal around the finger. I like pears with a round center stone.You'll also have to figure out how large a ring size she wears. I have a small ring size so I wouldn't be able to wear some rings. Have fun! The possibilities are endless.There is a lot to look at at www.tradeshop.com and so many other sites.
lawmax

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results