shape
carat
color
clarity

Side stone cost question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dfb

Rough_Rock
We have not been through this in 11 years - and we were not all that informed the first time through - but we are looking to upgrade my wife''s bridal set - and considering having a piece built - thanks to this site I can find out all kinds of info on center stones - but can anyone give me an idea of cost of side stones - curious about what we would be looking at if we were looking for the following side stones:

Round
8 - 10 pointers
G/VS type quality

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you might have a tough time pricing just sidestone that small. a lot of vendors don''t sell them. your best bet is to come up with the ring design and then email a few vendors for quotes to make the rings.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
MrsSalvo makes a good point.

Diamonds in the size you want are called melee. (Pronounced like belly.)

Many Vendors generally don't stock melee as a normal course of business. White Flash and Facets would probably be the exceptions. Many Vendors would probably have to source the melee for a project. You probably can't just outright buy melee from a Vendor.

Pricing will vary on melee just like on larger carat weight diamonds. Better cut, higher color and clarity will cost more than lower cut, lower color and clarity melee. F/G, VS, "ideal" cut melee will trade for higher price/stone than H/I, SI, lesser cut melee.

Get an idea of how you want the ring to look. How many stones you'll need. Then contact several Vendors and get quotes for the price of the melee.

dfb

Rough_Rock
thanks guys - I am not surprised by the responses - I fully assumed letting the jeweler that works with us on the piece source those - I was just hoping to get a sense of the magnitude of such a cost - I am so uninformed at this point - I have no idea if 10 higher quality 10 point stones cost $100 (I know that is not right - just making a point) - or in the thousands - we would want to go as suggested with a good quality - I know some of the designers we have been looking at Ritani etc note they use at least G/VS quality for the accent stones they use in their designs - anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to this admittedly ill''informed buyer

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
I would venture to guess you''re probably gonna pay more than $10/stone. I''m thinking maybe $10/stone would just cover the setting costs.

You''re really gonna have to call several Vendors once you have an idea of what you''re project is gonna be, and see what the pricing is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results