shape
carat
color
clarity

Sibling Torture

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
From the ''parenting... is it that hard?'' thread, we now know that Diver''s mom once let her duct tape her brother to his chair (!!!), and I fessed up to once suctioning a turkey baster to my brother''s earlobe, where it remained, dangling, piteously, until we managed to figure out the mysterious secrets of suction so we could remove it. There was an excellent welt. I felt proud of my handywork. Whoooboy did I catch trouble for that one. But it was WORTH IT!

OK, your turn. What''s the worst thing you ever did to one of your siblings?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
broke his collar bone.
Used to pull him while running down the hall by his favorite blanket with him sliding on his back.
He slammed into the door frame about the 5000th time we had done that and broke his collar bone.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
OH man.. this a good thread.. but wow.. I think there are too many to count in my household..

My brother was the king of torture:

1. He used to throw food under my chair at dinner, and I would get spanked by my step-dad (yeah.. we all admit now that was abuse... thank goodness he was kicked to the curb!)

2. He got mad at me for riding on the shopping cart at a grocery store and pushed me into a car.. broken wrist!

3. My friend and I tp''d a house in mid day (dumb dumb dumb) and my bro locked us out of the house.. we got caught.. police came.. we all agreed to keep it from my mom.. until my brother hit me one day and my mom took away his nintendo controllers as a punishment. 2 days later he asked for them back and my mom said "ask your sister if you can have them back" Cue evil laugh from me... I was finally in control.. so of course I say no.. and my brother makes this drawn out plea... "puuuuuhlllleeeeaze can I have them back" Cue me still saying no... Brother: "pooooooliiiiiiceeee can I have them back"
6.gif

As you can imagine.. the proverbial #&*% hit the fan.. man.. I was grounded forever!!!

Now that I think of it.. I really didnt get to do much of the torturing... I was pretty much on the receiving end of that lovely childhood pastime
39.gif

Man... I may need therapy now.. LOL

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Since I''m the youngest, I was the target for my middle sister''s attempts at torturing me. Too many times to count. I got her back real good, albeit pretty violent.

I was about 7 or 8 when this happened. We were at the dinner table and evey time my parents would look away, she would do something: push food off my plate onto the tablecloth, try to tip my cup over, pull my hair, kick my chair, you name it. After her tipping my fuit punch over (I looooooved fruit punch) and my mom yelling at me for staining the tablecloth, I turned and yelled ''stop bothering me'' at the top of my lungs, grabbed my fork and jammed it in her shoulder. We got our own rooms after that.

Years later my dad said it scared him; that he had no idea how angry a child could get.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was the baby, so I didn''t get to torture anybody, not that I necessarily would have. lol My sister, who was 8 years older than me, mildly tortured me, not that I remember, she told me about it years later. I thought that was rather stupid, since she and I didn''t care much for one another, and that didn''t help matters any. Maybe she got delight in it a second time?
20.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I put coal in my sister''s stocking (my dad is Methodist and my mom Jewish, so we celebrated both) during x-mas one year. And I took everything else out. Ohhh boy did she cry and the best part was that my mom and dad were trying desperately to stifle their laughter while yelling at me. Hehe.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hehehehe, my older brother was so mean to me. So... once he was trying to punk me and I grabbed our handy dandy wooden Louisville Slugger, and started acting like I was going to swing it. Well, I dropped it by accident. On his ingrown (and infected) toenail. As he ran me down he kicked the door to my room down. I must have blocked out the rest of that story, since I honestly can''t remember what happened at the end...

Another time we were playing "blind man''s bluff", you know, kind of like Marco Polo, but not in a pool. We were doing it in the house, I was blindfolded trying to find my brother. He opened all the lower cabinets so I would fall over each and every one trying to find him. That sucked.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like nytemist and ellen, I was the youngest (of three--two brothers plus me, the baby!) My brothers apparently adored me until I learned to say "no," mom says they were INCREDIBLY confused that day. No more fetching legos for their masterpieces!

Anyway, my middle brother and I were on the outs for most of my life. He just loved to get under my skin!

I went through this phase one hot, hot summer where I just loved to fill up empty spray bottles with water and spritz myself all day to cool off. I must have been about 8 or 9. My middle brother saw opportunity--he filled it up with PICKLE juice! I held my nose whenever I sprayed myself, so as not to inhale the *ahem* WATER. So I didn''t notice the pickle smell until I''d sprayed it all over my face and arms!!! I always like to make him think his plan had backfired--so this time I pretended it felt even better than the water and went ahead with spraying myself with pickle juice all day long. He was pretty frustrated
11.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
OOH! Good thread. Well, I jabbed a safety pin into my baby sister''s soft spot. It was an accident. My parents went out and I was left to watch the two little ones. They were four and about 2 weeks old. I was trying to pin something together (don''t remember what) while holding the baby. Somehow the pin was lodged in her head. I took it out, it didn''t bleed. I told my mom a couple years ago.

My brother and I used to tell both of our younger sisters that if they didn''t do what we said we''d bury them under the house with the rest of our siblings.

There''s a bunch now that I think of it....
1.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I should add that I had just turned ten. It''s not like I was 14.
20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2007 6:53:18 PM
Author: musey

I went through this phase one hot, hot summer where I just loved to fill up empty spray bottles with water and spritz myself all day to cool off. I must have been about 8 or 9. My middle brother saw opportunity--he filled it up with PICKLE juice! I held my nose whenever I sprayed myself, so as not to inhale the *ahem* WATER. So I didn''t notice the pickle smell until I''d sprayed it all over my face and arms!!! I always like to make him think his plan had backfired--so this time I pretended it felt even better than the water and went ahead with spraying myself with pickle juice all day long. He was pretty frustrated
11.gif
lol.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''m the baby and I didn''t torture her, it was the other way around. I''ve never been sneaky or coniving.

Once she got really mad at me and kicked me in the shin and then fell to the floor in tears. I laughed and slammed a door in her face (we were in the hall/bedroom). Turns out she broke and dislocated two of her toes. She convinced me I''d get in trouble if I told, so we told my parents she kicked the door jam. I was so naive. They know now and told me I was an idiot for not spilling. How frustrating to watch her get babied for 6 weeks for kicking me!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My older sister was SO mean to me! She would punch me. She spit gum on the top of my head. It took my mom FOREVER to get all the gum out of my hair. She would call "Time" (a number that just gave you the exact time over and over again) and say she was calling the police to come and get me (whenever we were fighting). On the rare occasion she would play with me she would make me have the ugly Barbie, she would take Ken, the vette, AND I would be in jail (she would visit me). Funny how I still would beg her to play with me until I finally had enough! I am sure I was mean to her but of course it is easier to remember the abuse she caused me rather than what I did to her
12.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummm, the only thing I ever did to my older brother (who was not terribly mean to me) was have a fit of rage once over him pulling the heads off my Barbies and beating the crap out of him. I am 4 years younger and this took place when we were maybe 7 and 11? I knocked him down on the asphalt driveway and slammed his head into the pavement and gave him a bloody lip. It was the only time I ever made him cry, and I felt really bad about it after it happened.
38.gif

That''s the only physical fight I''ve ever been in in my entire life, I think I didn''t realize that I could do that to another human being and after it happened I felt so low about myself even though I had a reason to be angry. I just learned that I blew something completely out of proportion and it wasn''t right what I did, and seeing my strong big brother who''d never really hurt me physically end up crying was enough for me to never do anything like that again.

Neither of us got in trouble with our parents, they just knew it was a learning experience type thing and made sure we were both ok and that was that. Otherwise my brother''s favorite thing to do and torture me with was making me laugh at the dinner table. He was sneaky enough to make faces at me in a way where my parents wouldn''t notice but I would be literally falling out of my chair or spitting food out laughing so hard and then I would get sent to my room for acting up.
20.gif
Once I threw my teddy bear at him and ended up hitting one of my mom''s Lladro figurines and breaking it, which resulted in a spanking, a sending to the room, and her going around the kitchen opening and slamming every single cabinet. To this day my brother still tries to make me laugh at the dinner table when we''re together and I''ll be damned if it doesn''t still happen. LOL!

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
My sister and I used more psychological torture than anything else. We got very good at insults that zeroed in on the other''s vulnerabilities.

She did once stab me in the back with a toothbrush! It didn''t break the skin, but it did make a "dented" bruise.

We''re very good friends now, though. She lived with us for 6 months when she moved to DC, and she comes over to our house most weekends. We talk on the phone pretty much every day.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was the baby so didn't get to do much torture. But once I short sheeted (SP) his bed after he got in late from going to the clubs. He was 6 years older than me. My housekeeper who was more like a Mom to me, helped me. We sat awaiting his arrival down stairs. He got into bed, and then started yelling. We flew into her bedroom and locked the door. He said Elizabeth, I know Lisa is in there, I promise I won't hurt her. We were laughing so hard at how mad he was. And no, she never unlocked the door as I would have been toast.
32.gif

He did many things to torture me, but the worst was taking me to see the Movie the Exorcist. He lied and told my parents he was taking me to see the Movie Tommy. Anyway, he was into rigging things. He rigged my bedroom with fishing wire so after the movie things would fly around my room, and they glowed in the dark. Skulls, etc... I went running to my parents bedroom screaming in fright, they said you didn't see the Movie Tommy did you?? I said no, Teddy took me to see the Exorcist. I slept with the lights on for months after that. He loved pulling pranks, and I miss him dearly.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... there was the time my oldest younger brother was hanging from the crossbar on the swings by his knees, and I tickled him until he fell down. The resullt was his first broken arm!
11.gif
I think I was 6 or 7, my brother is 1 1/2 years younger than me. To this day he's never squealed about the incident. And we'd still have each others' back if necessary to this day, even though I don't think either of us would say we're especially close.

Somewhere along the line two of my fingers were broken during involuntary roughhousing with my brothers, so I guess my brother got his payback.
40.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
My brother sat on my chest and stuffed rolled paper towels up my nostrils. They stuck out like fangs. All you could do was scream and cry and try to snort them out.

He also would put me in a head lock and squeeze my head until I got light headed and got all wobbly. Kids still do that ...they call it the funky monkey. I think it is why I have a screw loose. I lost too many little grey brain cells.

DKS

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
You guys make me glad my sibblings were too much older to torture me!

I watch my two boys and I do try to drill it into them not to be mean to each other and what family loyalty is all about. Honestly, I think they''d be very good friends if they didn''t have to live in the same house together, and that if my older one had to be brothers with his best friend it would be a blood bath.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t really remember torturing my younger sister... but I''m sure I did something and just don''t recall it.
11.gif

FI''s brother, though, did some major torturing. FI is what his mother refers to as a "surprise", so he is much younger than his siblings and, of course, got tortured.

Besides the classic sibling torture methods (i.e.: wedgies, noogies, and Dutch Ovens, which for those of you who don''t know, is pinning the person down, placing your rear on the person''s face, and passing gas), his older brother would sneak outside when FI was mowing the lawn on the riding mower and start shooting at him with a paintball gun. FI still recounts how he would try to escape the paintballs but apparently a pokey riding mower and a fenced in yard don''t allow for escape.

FI''s brother got his payback, eventually, though. He was checking the air pressure in the paintball gun and, thinking the gun was not loaded, fired at the palm of his own hand. Needless to say, he had a big, brightly colored flap of skin hanging from the palm of his hand surrounded by a nice big welt. Eeewww!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2007 2:59:56 PM
Author: neatfreak
I put coal in my sister's stocking (my dad is Methodist and my mom Jewish, so we celebrated both) during x-mas one year. And I took everything else out. Ohhh boy did she cry and the best part was that my mom and dad were trying desperately to stifle their laughter while yelling at me. Hehe.
I found this one rather amusing!!
9.gif
You naughty girl NF!!

I hope you don't mind me hijacking your post to use the kickbutt emotie, I have been itching to use it!

kickbutt.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Here are a few more stories courtesy of my dad.

My dad is the fourth of five brothers. He kicked his little brother in the head after they had been walking beans. (Which means he had a razor blade imbedded in the tip of his boot so he could cut weeds out of the bean field.) Needless to say, a great injury occurred. Then, he convinced the brother to say he fell off a fence. He also threw a pitchfork at one of the older brothers while his back was turned. At the last minute he yelled "duck!" My dad''s oldest brother convinced him to smoke cornhusks at the tender age of six. They nearly burnt down the barn. The older brothers also got the bright idea to send my dad off the roof of the barn on a sled into the snow. He was eventually dug out. The oldest brother cut off his own finger with the auger. He sent my dad to find it and wouldn''t let him in the house until he had the digit in hand. It was found in the glove. (and reattached!)

Those farm stories are the best!
41.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
OMG -- is it wrong that I''m laughing myself to tears here?

I wish my sister hadn''t been so darned MOODY -- we would have tortured each other and had great stories to tell now.

(And is it wrong that I''m feeling an overwhelming urge to prank my DH? Not with farm tools or anything...because we don''t have any)

Hee. Love this thread. Which may make me a big ol'' sicko.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/11/2007 1:31:04 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Here are a few more stories courtesy of my dad.

My dad is the fourth of five brothers. He kicked his little brother in the head after they had been walking beans. (Which means he had a razor blade imbedded in the tip of his boot so he could cut weeds out of the bean field.) Needless to say, a great injury occurred. Then, he convinced the brother to say he fell off a fence. He also threw a pitchfork at one of the older brothers while his back was turned. At the last minute he yelled ''duck!'' My dad''s oldest brother convinced him to smoke cornhusks at the tender age of six. They nearly burnt down the barn. The older brothers also got the bright idea to send my dad off the roof of the barn on a sled into the snow. He was eventually dug out. The oldest brother cut off his own finger with the auger. He sent my dad to find it and wouldn''t let him in the house until he had the digit in hand. It was found in the glove. (and reattached!)

Those farm stories are the best!
41.gif
OMG your dad''s stories are HILARIOUS, something shiny!!! The worst ones I know of were classmates shooting each other with their bb guns...many of the people I grew up with still have bb''s embedded in their bodies, typically their bellies or legs.
20.gif
My brother knew I was afraid of bees growing up and would throw rocks at hornets'' nests near me and we had to run like hell to get away from them when they came out of the hive. Once he was practice target shooting with his bb gun and told me to go stand next to the can of purple spray paint which was serving as his target...guess what, I ended up covered with tiny specks of purple spray paint, it''s a miracle I still have both my eyes. And I was specifically threatened not to tell mom or ELSE.
9.gif
I think I told her a few years later, by then enough time had passed that we could all laugh about it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
My sister''s pranks were really on the cruel and mentally abusive side, really mean and nasty, but we had some funny ones.

We shared a bath and when we fought it would become the ZONE. We would throw things at eachother through the bathroom. The toilet was on MY side and the shower on hers. I would put masking tape on the floor down the center of the bathroom and tell her she COULDN''T CROSS it. Because she had done that to me once and it really pissed me off. When she did it to me, I did not care about the shower, I had already had mine. But the toilet, I am sure she needed!

Another time she filled a spray bottle with water and hid in my room on one side of my second twin bed. I could not see her from my bed. I was on my princess phone blabbing away and she would aim a squirt of water at me. I would look around, think something was leaking, and then go back to my call. She kept doing it, and I would then get up and go to find my mom to see if there was a leak. I would go out one door to the hall and look for my mom, she would then quietly scoot back to her room via our bath, and act nonchalant, coming out into the hall to ask what was up. Then she would sneak back in my room while I was chatting with my mom, and do it some more. This went on for a while til she was cracking up so much I discovered what she was doing! It was pretty funny to us at the time.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Monarch''s bb gun stories reminded me of a couple of my own.

We were really broke when I was growing up, so keep that in mind.

We (my older brother and I) ran out of bb pellets. Living in the South, and being quite familiar with the Roly Poly (or pillbug), we decided to make our own. It was my idea to scare the little bugs so they would curl up and then put them into the bb gun. My brother, being the pessimist, insisted that it would never work. So, I "loaded" the gun, took aim, and shot my brother. The Roly Polys were indeed a suitable substitute.

One day, my brother and I were fishing for turtle in the back lagoon. We would put pieces of bullfrog and put them on a hook and hold the string in our hands to catch them. We went under the old pig shed that overlooked the lagoon and found the bullfrogs. We would bring them up top (on concrete) and shoot them with a bb before butchering them. I was holding a particularly feisty one still as my brother went in for the kill. He shot the frog, the bb ricocheted off the concrete and straight up my nose. I started bawling (I was 6, he was 8) and he kept telling me not to suck in (through my nose )while I was crying. However, because I was so upset, I DID suck it up further into my sinuses. My brother, being the hero, decided he should smack me around the head to make it come back out. I eventually coughed it up. (EWW!)

1.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
This is actually something my older sister did to me.. She had a friend over and they were playing in make-up. They wanted to be extra beautiful and have bright colored eye lashes, but they decided to try it out on me first. So they put nail polish on my eyelashes. I begin wailing, my dad picks me up, and rinses my eyes for several minutes in the sink while on the phone with the physician. Luckily, I was fine. But my sister and her friend got in soooo much trouble.

Now here is a story about me being mean... I have three cousins who I am very close to (they have always lived within a mile of us) as well as three sisters. Now the older two were off doing something else so I got to be the oldest of "the cousins" for an afternoon. I gather them up and ask them if they want to know the secret of the club. They get all excited and of course they reallllly want to know the secret of the club! So I have them do things for me like brush my hair, massage my feet, clean up my toys, etc. I kept this Queen Bee charade up for about an hour. I finally said "Ok guys, I think you''re ready to know the secret of the club." They jump up and down and can barely stand it. Then I say to them "The secret of the club is.... there is no club!" Haha oops!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oupearlgirl, yikes to the nail polish. Funny story about the secret club. I use to teach aerobics to the neighbors when I was young. I would turn on music and have the neighbor girls follow along; I was about 7 yrs old. heeeheee

Well my sister and I are 2 years apart so when we were about 10 and 8 I would put toothpaste on her toiletseat and she would put garlic powder on my toothbrush. We had fun though; we were never too evil to each other. heeeheee

Okay, the funniest story is of my friend when he was a kid. He was the oldest and would have his brother and sister jump off of high places w/trash bags convincing them they could fly; of course they got hurt and were younger then him so they would listen to his crazy ideas. He also convinced his sister she wouldn't get hurt if she laid down and held a small mattress over her while he rode over it with his bike!!
6.gif
His story's always crack me up!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
is have an older brother by only 18 months and a twin sister, so we're pretty close in age. I think that my brother felt left out and jealous because E and I were always together, and he was a PEST. He had (still has) one heck of a temper, so it could turn ulgy sometimes. He wasn't very nice to us I have to say!

One thing he loved to do was to make offensive noises to annoy us. Man, we could never get him to stop. He'd occasionally punch, pinch and stuff. I tend to just leave things in the past though, so I don't remember much, and no funny stories come to mind. I think the worst torture was more the string of crazy girlfriends he started getting year after year since 13...
14.gif

I'm glad to say my relationship with my brother has improved, though! Current girlfriend is not quite as crazy as the previous ones, and the brother and I treat each other with respect. As long as we don't see each other everyday we're fine.
28.gif

My dad has a hilarious story though... Youngest of 13, on a farm... He was about 10, and two of his brother put mice in his rubber boots. He is since deathly scared of them. Poor guy!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
tried to flush her down the toilet when I was three and she was a few months old-never succeeded though
38.gif
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results