shape
carat
color
clarity

SI1 with a knot, problem?

SI1Shopper2016

Rough_Rock
All,

I have appreciated all of the insight on this forum in my buying process.

I am now about to pull the trigger on a G, SI1, triple X, 1.55 carat. Here is the GIA report: http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=1156230719

My hesitation at this point comes from the knot that's shown as the first blemish/inclusion on the GIA report. I have confirmation from my jeweler that the stone is 100% eye-clean, although the knot can't be hidden in a setting (not from a visibility perspective, but due to placement). I will likely go back in to view it one more time before pulling the trigger as well.

But before I do, does it seem like this knot will be a problem for those of you that know?

Thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I know is a jeweler here said a knot could potentially come out. It is a surface reaching inclusion. I personally wouldn't consider a stone that had one on the table of the stone.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
That is a fairly large knot too. I looked at one but it was on the upper girdle/bezel facets. It was eye clean and the appraiser said it was unlikely to come out but I could also hide it under a prong for extra security. He said that if the knot doesn't come out during cutting or polishing then it'll probably be fine. Not sure when it extends to the table if that compromises it more. If they have a good return policy you could buy it and have an independent appraiser evaluate it.

inclu.jpg

SI1Shopper2016

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the perspective. I am looking into return policies and seeing it one more time in person.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results