shape
carat
color
clarity

SI1 or SI2? For tennis bracelet under 3ct.

SparklySue

Rough_Rock
Which is better and why? Or why not?

Sue

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, of course, SI1 is better. Your question doesn't really make sense so I'm wondering what exactly you are asking?

Is this from the same vendor? Two different vendors? Price difference...etc.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SI1 is a better grand than SI2.

However, would you be able to tell the difference if they were placed side by side without aid?

Are their cut quality the same?

Do they offer the same sparkle factor?

What is your mind clean?

Would your regret getting SI2 at a later date?

DK :))

SparklySue

Rough_Rock
I’m not sure. I see a lot on blue Nile SI2 or I1. I don’t see any SI1. I’m just asking what the better choice would be. I also see I1 on ID jewelry site as well.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ID Jewelry has what we term as "PS quality" stones. I think we pay a tad more for better cut stones which are also eye-clean
(but you need to confirm that with ID Jewelry). So, you might call them and ask for PS quality stones in whatever you are looking
to buy...and what it would cost.

The problem is that you have to rely on whoever is calling the stones SI1/SI2/I1 etc. Make sure who ever it is has a good return
policy in case you get it and its not up to your standard as far as eye-cleanliness/cut.

You might want to search PS for Bluenile and look at some of the items PSers have bought and if they were happy with what the
got. You can also do that with ID Jewelry (IDJ).

Can you tell us what you are looking at? PSers might be able to provide you with more feedback.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I just had this exact conversation with my husband. For what it's worth, I have to throw in my 2 cents here because im all about wearing the doorknockers on my fingers. I buy [I should say used to buy] CE diamonds because you can get more bang for your buck. That is until you lose the enhancement and realize your diamonds will end up looking like cracked glass. But.. when it comes to a tennis bracelet bigger is not better. All you've got is sparkle. What's the point of wearing it [regardless of the size of the stone] if they are duds? And SI 's are usually duds. Even if you have to go smaller carat size for a budget I would recommend going VS quality for the sparkle factor.

See if you can get a video of it in the sun at least, make sure you're getting sparkle for your dollar.

IF budget is a factor consider lab diamonds or moissanite. They will light up the northern sky and not break the bank.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I chose 14k with CZs because, besides the cost savings, the stones are very sparkly. So many of the diamond tennis bracelets and necklaces are made with low quality diamonds.

SparklySue

Rough_Rock
True advice!
Whiteflash does have a 1.00 carat TW BS clarity G/H color for 3000. But Isn’t that like really small? The carat sz? It’s a Simon G Caviar tennis bracelet

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
True advice!
Whiteflash does have a 1.00 carat TW BS clarity G/H color for 3000. But Isn’t that like really small? The carat sz? It’s a Simon G Caviar tennis bracelet

Yes, a one carat tennis bracelet would be very tiny diamonds.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My day to day tennis bracelet is a Rhodium plated silver one set with Swarovski Zirconia stones from Berricles.

The earth-mined diamond one is 5cttw SI2 H/I coloured stones in 14K WG, and only come out occasionally for dressier events. The stones are very white, sparkly and no evidence of salt and pepper face up without magnification, and I am glad I opted for this grade instead of 4cttw in VS2/SI1 for the same budget.

DK :))

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's the point of wearing it [regardless of the size of the stone] if they are duds? And SI 's are usually duds.
I think many people would disagree with this statement. There are plenty of examples of SI1 stones that are not duds. I think it’s fairly common for them to be used in tennis bracelets and necklaces.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think many people would disagree with this statement. There are plenty of examples of SI1 stones that are not duds. I think it’s fairly common for them to be used in tennis bracelets and necklaces.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I did also say, get a video to make sure they weren't duds :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results