shape
carat
color
clarity

SI ultrasonic or Steamer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
I have a white gold diamond ring, no pave. I can''t decide whether to get the SI Ultrasonic, or the steam one that my jeweler sells(not sure of the brand). Ideally I''d like to have both, but right now I can only get one. I normally clean with hot ammonia water and a toothbrush, but I was shocked at the difference when I dropped my ring in my dad''s US. I would go that route, but I also remember how amazing my ring looked when my jeweler steamed it. So if you could have only one, which would it be? What are their advantages over one another?

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
I have both.
31.gif
31.gif
Sharper Image Ultrasonic and the Jewel Jet Steamer

I prefer the steamer - nice hot steam to get the icky stuff off and it''s quick. When I really want to have sparkling diamonds (weekends, social gatherings), I will plop my rings into the US and then steam it when it''s done. I know, it might be excessive but the diamonds are sooooo blinding after.
10.gif
10.gif

Sorry, can''t help you decide but I''m sure whichever one you go with, you will get those babies sparkling!

blingless

Rough_Rock
I use the steamer we have for household cleaning and blow it off with a can of compressed air we use to blow off the computer keyboard followed by a wipe with a soft colth. Fast and easy with no chemicals and no waiting.

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
I think I''m going to go with the steam cleaner, because it seems like it''s the better "finish" cleaner. I have to wait till they open and then I''m going to ask some questions regarding brand, size, ect ect. Oh and return policy just incase I think an US would do better.

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
So there is a big difference using both together? I am wondering if I use hot ammonia water and a tooth brush follows by the steamer if it will look as good as if I di the US and steamer.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
The Jewel Jet is nice, but can''t be compared to the type of steamer your jewel probably has.

Having both is good of course.

I think US is more useful than just a steamer, but I would opt for a better one than the Sharper Image one, but the steamer will remove stubborn stuff due to the pressure of the steam.

I have two steamers ( professional ones ) which do an incredible job, but US is good to have too.

Guess you could choose which one you''d prefer, to start with, but you should plan to include the other eventually.

Rockdoc

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
RockDoc, what kind of US would you recommend?

Thanks!

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
OK, well I bought the Jewel Jet andandthe GemOro Sparkle spa on ebay for $130 shipping included. That''ll kep me happy. And the seller was awesome to deal with. He''s shipping it out today priority for me no additional charge, so I should have it tuesday! Woo Hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results