shape
carat
color
clarity

shrinkage!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Sorry if this is not the right place to ask my questions, just move the thread if I''m at the wrong place.
As some of you know, I live in Belgium.
I have 2 diamonds: 2.08 K-VVS2 EightStar and 1.26 N-VVS1 Cut by Infinity.
I want to sell them because I have a bigger project.
I know a place in Antwerp where the seller does it for you, but he will pay you approximately 50 percent of the Rapaport report.
For such great diamonds, I think it is not fair.
(Especially for the EightStar, it was a J before the recut.
29.gif
)
Another problem is to sell it on internet: I don''t dare to ship the stones before receiving money, and of course people don''t dare to send money before viewing a diamond.
Can a diamond appraiser be the third person?
How much customs an American buyer will have to pay on a ring shipped from Europe?

Thanks for all the helpful answers!!!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stephan it is so good to see you!!! Did you see that 3c J on WF''s site? hehe..

I am not sure if an appraiser would be able to be third person esp if means ''finding a buyer'' for you, that would seem like it would not be impartial at all since they get a cut. There are a few places that do consignment (Pearlmans, Wink) that you would know and trust from PS so I would start by talking to them.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2009 11:15:30 AM
Author: Mara
Stephan it is so good to see you!!! Did you see that 3c J on WF's site? hehe..

I am not sure if an appraiser would be able to be third person esp if means 'finding a buyer' for you, that would seem like it would not be impartial at all since they get a cut. There are a few places that do consignment (Pearlmans, Wink) that you would know and trust from PS so I would start by talking to them.
Thats what I would do Stephan. Do you have your eye on a particular diamond? If so it might be worth asking the seller if he would take your other 2 in trade?

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Stephan it is so good to see you!!! Did you see that 3c J on WF''s site? hehe..
Hi Mara! It''s a pleasure to see you too!
Yes, I did see it, but I won''t buy it. ;-)
I am not sure if an appraiser would be able to be third person esp if means ''finding a buyer'' for you,
No, what I mean is if somebody is interested, can he choose a pricescope-known appraiser, pay him to have the diamond appraised, take a look at the diamond with the appraiser? The role of the appraiser would also be to forward the ring once the payment made.

There are a few places that do consignment (Pearlmans, Wink) that you would know and trust from PS so I would start by talking to them.
I''ve once had a diamond sold by Wink (3.02 M-VS2 Infinity), yes I probably could do it again.
Thank you for this suggestion!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Mara, the major problem with your solution is that I have to ship the rings to know how much I will get.

Hi Lorelei!!!

No, I don't see any diamond on the internet at this moment.
Once all the money collected and saved, I will contact Brian for a tailor-made stone...
;-)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stephan,

I don''t have any advice, but I just wanted to say it is sooooooo good to see you again. You have been missed, my friend.
35.gif
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Linda

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 1:26:12 PM
Author: Linda W
Stephan,
I don''t have any advice, but I just wanted to say it is sooooooo good to see you again. You have been missed, my friend.
35.gif
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Linda
Hi Linda!
I''m happy to see you again too!
35.gif

Our diamond addiction always keeps us together on this forum.
11.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Where in Belgium do you live? I so dearly miss Belgium. I spent 2 months there in 2001. I took a job and I was suppose to be there a year. I came home 2 months later. It was not the right time of my life to successfully handle living solo in a foreign country. I wish I had stuck it out but it was the right decision at the time. Now I wish I could have that opportunity again. I lived in Turnhout. I still have friends there and I have been back once in 2006. Belgium holds a special place in my heart.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 1:54:19 PM
Author: hoofbeats95
Where in Belgium do you live? I so dearly miss Belgium. I spent 2 months there in 2001. I took a job and I was suppose to be there a year. I came home 2 months later. It was not the right time of my life to successfully handle living solo in a foreign country. I wish I had stuck it out but it was the right decision at the time. Now I wish I could have that opportunity again. I lived in Turnhout. I still have friends there and I have been back once in 2006. Belgium holds a special place in my heart.
Hi Hoofbeats95!
I live in Uccle, it is a part of Brussels.
Strange enough, I don''t feel at home here.
I think Belgian people (so am I) are very rude and uneducated.
11.gif

I had much more fun visiting family in Germany, friends in Saigon or Brian in Houston.
I''ve only been twice in the US, and I must say I love the Texan people!
5.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 2:04:01 PM
Author: QueenMum

Hi Hoofbeats95!
11.gif

I had much more fun visiting family in Germany, friends in Saigon or Brian in Houston.
5.gif
In general I think Europeans are better educated than Americans. But that''s just my opninion. Belgian people did seem somewhat rude to me. But I attributed that to two reasons. First is when they were speaking Dutch I couldn''t understand them and that is a strong language and it just sounds rude no matter what they were saying! Though one day I was walking down the street and two neighbors were yelling at each other. That was quite impressive in that language! Second is when people were speaking English I think they just said things stonger and often times the intonation was rude, but what was said wasn''t. But that''s from an American perspective. The people I worked with were quite nice. I worked in Beerse. Brugge was by far my favorite city! Amazingly beautiful. I''d almost love to get married in Belgium, but I thought it would be quite complicated and scratched that idea. :)

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I speak Dutch at work, German with my sisters, Vietnamese at home and French with my friends.
Well spoken Dutch (ABN) is nice, but in Belgium, most people speak Flemish dialects.
Same comment for French spoken in Belgium (Walloon).
:)

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 2:04:01 PM

Hi Hoofbeats95!

11.gif

5.gif
Well that''s good because they just declared sovereignty from the US! Yeah, I wish I was joking. I don''t know how to sell your diamonds, but good luck!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2009 3:37:30 PM
I speak Dutch at work, German with my sisters, Vietnamese at home and French with my friends.
Well spoken Dutch (ABN) is nice, but in Belgium, most people speak Flemish dialects.
May I ask why you speak Vietnamese? Are you Vietnamese by origin?

I ask because I''m Vietnamese. It''s nice to have a fellow Vietnamese on PS!
35.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 1:15:37 PM
Author: Phoenix

35.gif

QueenMum, how incredibly educated and worldly you seem to me!
Phoenix, hi!

THREADJACK!I''m not Vietnamese btw, I am stiflingly anglo, and really can properly speak only one language... how dull.
The small amount of translated Vietnamese poetry I have read is incredibly evocative of nature.
THREADJACK OVER please continue to talk amongst yourselves!
9.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
Hi Phoenix,
It would be fun if my answer was in Vietnamese, but I think foreign languages and characters are forbidden on Pricescope.
I was 18 when I fell in love with Vietnam.
It began with the food.
After it was the music that I heard in karaoke-restaurants.
Wile I was listening to the songs, I have found that the pronunciation strictly followed the spelling, unlike French or English.
The tones used in the traditional music, called dan ca, fascinated me.
So I bought a book to learn Vietnamese basics.
I began to attend assiduously Vietnamese karaokes, to listen and to read song lyrics.
As time passed, I had more friends in the Vietnamese community in Belgium.
Since then, I went eleven times to Vietnam and got married.

I think my Vietnamese is pretty good: before my marriage, I sought love over the Internet via voice chat. Many were those who stopped our conversation and took me for a liar: "You are not European, you are Vietnamese, bye!"
33.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 1:35:39 PM
Author: LaraOnline

35.gif

QueenMum, how incredibly educated and worldly you seem to me!
Phoenix, hi!

THREADJACK!I''m not Vietnamese btw, I am stiflingly anglo, and really can properly speak only one language... how dull.
The small amount of translated Vietnamese poetry I have read is incredibly evocative of nature.
THREADJACK OVER please continue to talk amongst yourselves!
9.gif
Hi there Lara,
35.gif

Yes, Queenmum does seem very worldly and educated.

Vietnamese poetry is really awesome. VN literature is very good too. I used to write poetry and was very good at literature, til I left VN and then seemingly all of a sudden, all my creativity just evaporated!
4.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 2:56:02 PM

I ask because I'm Vietnamese. It's nice to have a fellow Vietnamese on PS!
35.gif
Hi Phoenix,
It would be fun if my answer was in Vietnamese, but I think foreign languages and characters are forbidden on Pricescope.
I was 18 when I fell in love with Vietnam.
It began with the food.
After it was the music that I heard in karaoke-restaurants.
Wile I was listening to the songs, I have found that the pronunciation strictly followed the spelling, unlike French or English.
The tones used in the traditional music, called dan ca, fascinated me.
So I bought a book to learn Vietnamese basics.
I began to attend assiduously Vietnamese karaokes, to listen and to read song lyrics.
As time passed, I had more friends in the Vietnamese community in Belgium.
Since then, I went eleven times to Vietnam and got married.

I think my Vietnamese is pretty good: before my marriage, I sought love over the Internet via voice chat. Many were those who stopped our conversation and took me for a liar: 'You are not European, you are Vietnamese, bye!'
33.gif
Wow, you really are an awesome dude!!
36.gif
I'm totally in awe, and on top of all of that, you speak German, French, Dutch and Flemish too?

I can't believe you like traditional Vietnamese music!! It's very much something that really hard-core patriotic Vietnamese love. Some people don't even like it, including myself (I know!
3.gif
), as I find it too sad to listen to. I think all of that came about because of all the hardship the Vietnamese have had to endure. They use music and the lyrics within the songs to express their feelings.

I wish my hubby spoke Vietnamese. Funny thing is he, an American, speaks fluent Chinese and when I tried to teach him Vietnamese, he would pronounce the words as if they were Chinese, when in fact the pronunciation is actually very easy as you said, you just basically follow how the VN words are written. This would explain my difficulty with learning Chinese though, because Chinese charaters (real Chinese charaters, not the pin yin (sp?) version) do not look anything like how they sound!

You're really such a cool dude! Hats off to you!
36.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Vietnamese culture seems incredibly sidelined, in comparison to the HUGE part its geographical entity has played in modern history...

when I first heard Vietnamese poetry, recited by two Vietnamese girls I met, I was totally floored, it was incredible poetry!!!

I would be interested to hear the music...must toddle off to youtube... I like Dangdut musik of Indonesia, a lot... but of course is not likely to be at all the same...

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 5:00:55 AM
Yes, Queenmum does seem very worldly and educated.
I''m perhaps worldly but not educated. :)
I didn''t study a lot, and I don''t buy expensive clothes, even if I love to wear diamoinds.
The first time I went to visit Whiteflash, I was afraid they wouldn''t let me come in.
9.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 7:08:39 AM
Author: LaraOnline
I would be interested to hear the music...must toddle off to youtube... I like Dangdut musik of Indonesia, a lot... but of course is not likely to be at all the same...
Especially for you, some easy to listen "dan ca" music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K88xjmqYMJU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62v20uwkN74
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CupsCbIaM2A

I don''t dare to post "tan co giao duyen" or "cai luong" links without Phoenix''s permission.
2.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I speak South Vietnamese, but can understand people from the other regions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results