shape
carat
color
clarity

Shower etiquette - confused!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone:

My shower is Sunday and I have been trying to plan out the travel logicstics with FI. As we were talking I started to wonder if it is necessary for him to make an appearance at the shower at all.

I''ve been to many showers where the FI is present but I wanted to keep the event a women only event. Initially FI was going to make an appearance at the end of the affair. The shower is quite a distance from our home - almost 2 hours away. I am on the fence regarding proper etiquette - is the man supposed to make an appearance at the shower?? I felt that because the shower was being thrown in my honor FI has no obligation to attend.

I''m fine with either scenario but wanted some opinions on what is considered proper.

Thanks!

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think it''s necessary if you are keeping it all female. Seems like a waste for him to drive 4 hours and hang out in order to make a half hour appearance. Unless it''s primarily his family (and you feel more comfortable with him coming) or he has some other reason to make the trip, I''d let him off the hook.
2.gif

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
in my experience attending bridal showers, the fi usually only attends/makes appearance if it is being hosted by one of his family members or close family friends. if it is hosted for the bride, it is usually women only, with no appearance by the fi. hope this helps! i think whatever you all decide together will be fine!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your helpful responses!!

The shower is actually hosted by my mom (she didn''t feel comfortable having my bridal party pay since she went a little over the top with things). FI''s mom has done absolutely nothing in connection with the shower. As for FI''s family...HA! Not a single person is attending - not even his sister. I won''t even touch upon how nice that makes me feel
7.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
If there are any other males that might be on the fence about traveling with their so, maybe the women folk can organize for them to hang out? While certainly not necessary for your fi to attend, I would try to make it happen if there will be guests who have never met him. If on the other hand, most all know who he is, have had a chance to at least say hi and be introduced in the past I wouldn''t worry about it.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
In my bridal shower experiences, the FI has really only shown up to haul the haul to the car, lol.
9.gif

So if you think you can load up all the goodies on your own...let him stay home, and then make him do all the unloading.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results