Which do you prefer?

• BG Black 1.716 F vs2

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • WF ACA 1.876 G vs1

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters

RichardS_VA

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help and comments on my last thread! Decided to go with a local jeweler for the platinum setting with pear shaped blue sapphires on the sides and ordered it yesterday -- jeweler is okay with setting a stone and has the approx dimensions.

Narrowed to 2 diamonds, reserved the BG Black already. Pretty much identical for Ideal-scope, ASET, and hearts imagery. Help me decide!

Crown and Pavilion angle are nearly identical. BG Black has slightly larger table % and less depth %. $954 (4%) difference between the more expensive WF ACA with larger carat size and better clarity but less one color grade than the BG Black series. ALL of the comparable WF ACA 1.7+ F vs2 had visible imperfections on the Ideal-scope, ASET, and hearts so narrowed to this one by dropping a color grade and remaining within $1k range from their collection. BG has much less of a selection, but the BG Black series is a pretty much flawless cut.

BG Black 1.716 F vs2
Measurements 7.68 x 7.70 x 4.73
Table % 56.1
Depth % 61.5
Pav Angle 40.7
Crown Angle 34.5
Wire Price $ 22,960

WF ACA 1.876 G vs1
Measurements 7.89 x 7.91 x 4.88
Table % 55.7
Depth % 61.7
Pav Angle 40.6
Crown Angle 34.5
Wire Price $ 23,914 (+954, +4% diff)

BG: Web page, AGS Report
WF :
Web page, AGS Report

Have been leaning towards the BG Black one for the prestige of the cut as well as the slight bump up in color. Only part that is tempting me for the WF is the slightly larger diamond at nearly the same price.

RichardS_VA

Rough_Rock
Differences by the percentages...

9.32% carat size
4.16% price
2.73% diameter

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 0.2mm difference in diameter is where a difference starts to get noticeable, I believe, so the WF stone should look visibly bigger.

I am a clarity-freak so would prefer VS1 for 'mind-clean' satisfaction.

A G-colour in a SuperIdeal cut will look amazingly white face-on, with only a hint of tint from the side, so IMO it is perfectly acceptable, even to those of us wanting colourless.

I would therefore go with the WF stone myself!

Will you be planning to upgrade later? Check out the upgrade policies so you can make an informed decision :)

Don't forget to check out CBI stones at High Performance Diamonds if Cut and performance is your focus!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd absolutely choose the Whiteflash stone. G VS1 is my true sweet spot, and that size just under 2 cts is highly desirable. The difference in size is noticeable, and an ACA is top cut quality, period.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
G is also my good spot so because of that and the much more flexible upgrade policy, I voted for WF.

Though I do love high DEF colors...!!! My studs are each .70 F and I love them so much— a nice pop of white and brightness... I feel like they freshen me up. Lol.

So I think you can’t go wrong with either choice and now we are being picky.....

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF all the way, if only for the upgrade policy. But the diamond is a stunner too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results