shape
carat
color
clarity

Show your everyday bracelet!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2ED44245-B273-46AC-AE59-FBDFFF82DFCA.jpeg So it’s Saturday and I’m going out so I decided to rock all three of my everyday bracelets that I only wear individually bc hubby says it’s too much. Thoughts? Can I pull this look off daily?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends what you do daily I think. It would probably attract too much huffy attention at my day job.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work from home and I have big, boisterous dogs. So I keep it fairly plain and robust, and all my 'everyday' bracelets are the same ones I wear in the evening if going out. I'm also not a huge fan of diamond bracelets, tho I was mad about them when I was younger and a tennis bracelet was my #1 jewelry goal!

Mostly, I just wear my bangles. They're solid, not hollow, and I add the diamond one if I want a little bling. I believe DH is intending to give me a second diamond one next year for my birthday. This one has about 5.5 ctw of diamonds in it, and is much blingier in real life than it looks in this photo. If I need something dressy at that point, I'll wear just the 2 diamond bangles.

20190129_161428.jpg

I sometimes wear a baroque pearl bracelet. These are baroque akoyas with a 14kt yellow gold clasp. The luster is fabulous!

20190129_161551.jpg

My best friend gave me this bracelet. It was part of her mother's very heavy muff chain, and we both have bracelets made from part of it. I wear this sometimes by itself, but more often with my bangles, or with my pearl bracelet.

20190129_163336.jpg

I often wear my charm bracelet. The links are solid 14kt and the charms are pretty much all 18kt, if I recall correctly. Each one is significant and has a specific memory attached to it. It's lovely to wear, and I often wear it with my gold bangle.

20190129_161539.jpg

20190129_161521.jpg

And here's a group shot. :)

20190129_161703.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work from home and I have big, boisterous dogs. So I keep it fairly plain and robust, and all my 'everyday' bracelets are the same ones I wear in the evening if going out. I'm also not a huge fan of diamond bracelets, tho I was mad about them when I was younger and a tennis bracelet was my #1 jewelry goal!

Mostly, I just wear my bangles. They're solid, not hollow, and I add the diamond one if I want a little bling. I believe DH is intending to give me a second diamond one next year for my birthday. This one has about 5.5 ctw of diamonds in it, and is much blingier in real life than it looks in this photo. If I need something dressy at that point, I'll wear just the 2 diamond bangles.

20190129_161428.jpg

I sometimes wear a baroque pearl bracelet. These are baroque akoyas with a 14kt yellow gold clasp. The luster is fabulous!

20190129_161551.jpg

My best friend gave me this bracelet. It was part of her mother's very heavy muff chain, and we both have bracelets made from part of it. I wear this sometimes by itself, but more often with my bangles, or with my pearl bracelet.

20190129_163336.jpg

I often wear my charm bracelet. The links are solid 14kt and the charms are pretty much all 18kt, if I recall correctly. Each one is significant and has a specific memory attached to it. It's lovely to wear, and I often wear it with my gold bangle.

20190129_161539.jpg

20190129_161521.jpg

20190129_161703.jpg

Banglelicious!:love: And I love your charm bracelet too.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @missy. :))

My bangle / bracelet collection is pretty utilitarian, but various pieces or combinations cover all scenarios, so it works for me. And all the diamonds in the bangle are ideal cuts and the solid metal bangles were all custom made for me. The bracelet has obvious sentimental value as the lady who originally owned it is deceased now and sharing parts of the original chain with my BFF means a lot. Since she's in Australia and I'm here now, it's just one little 'tie that binds'. The pearls are from Australia, are my birthstone, and were bought for me by my DH for one of our anniversaries, and the charm bracelet, as I said, has significance in every charm.

So it's a classy group, tho casual, and means a lot to me.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20190129_161428.jpg

20190129_161551.jpg

20190129_163336.jpg

20190129_161539.jpg

20190129_161521.jpg

20190129_161703.jpg

Those bangles...... :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those bangles...... :love:

Thanks, @Alex T! I love them, too. They're so easy to wear, but they're substantial and made to fit my wrist exactly. I am planning one small thing to go with this selection tho; I have a bunch of leftover little OECs, and I'm going to ask DKJ to make me a small disc charm with the diamonds set in a cobblestone finish. I'd like to have this charm set permanently, dangling from the middle of the chain. It's just a little extra glam. That, plus my upcoming second diamond bangle, will see my bangle collection out. At this point, I'm just trying to use up all the leftover pieces I have. Anything I can't use will ultimately make its way to the Pre-loved board.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b , how did you choose the relatively narrow width of the bangles?

I am giving up trying to find bangles that fit my wrists & my taste, deciding what to have made instead.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @Alex T! I love them, too. They're so easy to wear, but they're substantial and made to fit my wrist exactly. I am planning one small thing to go with this selection tho; I have a bunch of leftover little OECs, and I'm going to ask DKJ to make me a small disc charm with the diamonds set in a cobblestone finish. I'd like to have this charm set permanently, dangling from the middle of the chain. It's just a little extra glam. That, plus my upcoming second diamond bangle, will see my bangle collection out. At this point, I'm just trying to use up all the leftover pieces I have. Anything I can't use will ultimately make its way to the Pre-loved board.

I absolutely LOVE a beautifully done disc charm & cannot wait until you have one to show us! Can you post a wrist shot of your bangles? (Haha! Honestly, if people could see some of the things we ask people to photograph & put on this forum, they would DEFINITELY think it was dodgy & call the cops!! :lol-2: )

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b , how did you choose the relatively narrow width of the bangles?

I am giving up trying to find bangles that fit my wrists & my taste, deciding what to have made instead.

Hi @AV_ :wavey:

They're not that narrow in real life, tho they're not wide, either. I wanted them substantial enough to wear alone, but narrow enough to be able to wear a couple together. I can't remember exactly, but they're either 4 or 5mm wide and the diamond one is 3mm. I wanted the diamond one markedly thinner, as I wanted it to be like a thin ribbon of bling that emphasized the plain metal ones. When I get the second one, tho, together they'll be 11 ctw, so not nothin'!

Last edited:
Reactions: AV_

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T -

I LOVE disc charms, and I have 2 on my 'wedding pendant' - the pendant we made from the leftover gold after we had our wedding rings and my engagement ring melted down together to make new wedding bands. Here's a photo of that:

20181225_115337.jpg

And here's a photo of the Singlestone charm that was an inspiration for my charm:

Singlestone charm.jpeg

Mine will be similar to this, but a bit more curvy, I think, tho we'll have to see how it comes out.

And here are my bangles:

20170403_214744_resized.jpg

20170403_214832_resized.jpg

And one for perspective:

perspective_3_0.jpg

I hope this helps!

AV_

Ideal_Rock

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going through this thread admiring all the bracelets! I am a total bracelet fiend. Be still my heart! I realized I never added my opal bangle IMG_3805[1].jpg bracelet.

IMG_3771[1].jpg
IMG_3790[1].jpg

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
My daily bracelets are pretty simple.

The Cartier Love was a push present from DH when our son was born. It stays on my wrist 24/7.

Then the diamond bangle was a recent addition, custom made by IDJ to match the Love in size and shape.

It was a milestone birthday present from my parents. They left it entirely up to me to pick out what I wanted (smart, lol) and just paid for it in the end.

But my mom surprised me by having it engraved. So on the back of the bangle, it reads "a loving heart is the truest wisdom". I love the quote as much as the bangle itself.

IMG_20190114_132152828.jpg

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I came across this photo this morning - a couple of excellent bangle guardians! :))

20170403_214940_resized.jpg

20170403_214739_resized.jpg

@mrs-b Can I ask how you carried out the process of sizing the bangles specifically for you - how did you specify/communicate getting the perfect shape (oval or round, to best fit your wrist) as well as the perfect size?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @lissyflo :))

To be honest, I already had a bangle whose size I liked, so I just asked DKJ to copy it. The one I had was a tube, so I asked them to make it flat and not hollow. We had to remake it once, but after that, it was fine. If you're after a bangle, I'd suggest using a piece of string to work out how low you want it to hang on your hand, or, if you want something that will hold a round shape, a piece of thin wire. Then you can just tell them what you want the inner circumference to be, and it's a straightforward procedure from there.

Are you considering bangles?

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @lissyflo :))

Are you considering bangles?

Not specifically! Bangles always end up irking me as the fit is never quite right, so I thought I’d ask while it was fresh in my mind that you’d had some specifically made for you. Wire is a good idea - it’s the shape as much as the size that I find annoying, and a wire would show the exact oval outline to follow. Thanks, and I hope your Yoram OECs turn up soon (different thread, I know)!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @lissyflo - and yes, they're here. :mrgreen:

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

20190129_161428.jpg

20190129_161551.jpg

20190129_163336.jpg

20190129_161539.jpg

20190129_161521.jpg

20190129_161703.jpg
Just lovely Mrs b! Love the passport charm ❤️

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just lovely Mrs b! Love the passport charm ❤️

Thank you, @EllenS1! A group of friends gave it to me to celebrate my taking American citizenship. It has the date of my citizenship engraved on the back. :)) I am now a dual Australian / US citizen.

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I wasn't a bangles-and-bracelets girl before this, but I'm giving my bracelets more wear now:

20190220_192648 resized.jpg
20190220_192713 resized.jpg
20190220_192627 resized.jpg

A tri-colour bracelet I inherited from a late aunt. I don't know anything about it, except that it is made of 14K Italian gold.
A diamond tennis bracelet that looks better than I can capture. The diamonds are F colour with diamond diameter just under 3mm.
An 18K gold bracelet gifted to me as a young child from my mum. It has a bell that I will be removing soon. Too noisy for me! Ha.

Thanks for looking!

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I was going through this thread admiring all the bracelets! I am a total bracelet fiend. Be still my heart! I realized I never added my opal bangle IMG_3805[1].jpg bracelet.

IMG_3771[1].jpg
IMG_3790[1].jpg

Wow, this is a piece of art! AND it goes beautifully with your opal ring and opal earrings!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is a piece of art! AND it goes beautifully with your opal ring and opal earrings!

Thank you Sparkle_ruckle! I love all the detail work in it and the opals aren't bad either, lol. Your bracelets are beautiful. I used to have a tri-colored gold watch that had the same type bracelet. Tri-colored gold was all the rage back in the 80's and early 90's.

cmsgeneve.jpg

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you Sparkle_ruckle! I love all the detail work in it and the opals aren't bad either, lol. Your bracelets are beautiful. I used to have a tri-colored gold watch that had the same type bracelet. Tri-colored gold was all the rage back in the 80's and early 90's.

cmsgeneve.jpg

Thanks for sharing your lovely watch! And I think it sounds about right - my aunt loved fashion, so she must have bought this when the trend caught on. I'm glad to have something to remember her by!

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
4E364AD6-8A19-4841-94B9-20DB940CFF22.jpeg
My two favorite bracelets, Ceylon sapphire on the left and a simple bar bracelet engraved with my dog’s name on the right! Thanks for looking =)2

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@scouty_gems your bracelets are divine! I love the proportions of your sapphire bracelet, may I ask where it's from? Gorgeous!

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
@Dandi thanks, I got it from Natural Sapphire Company!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results