shape
carat
color
clarity

Show your everyday bracelet!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you, @missy and @Sparkle_ruckle The sea bracelet is special because my dear aunt (who I speak about on the Caring for Aging Parents thread) brought it back for me from a trip to the Caribbean. She used to have the matching bracelet. At some point, I'd love to find earrings that fit in with the theme. I do have two links I had removed, wish I had thought to have the jeweler remove two of the same animal! Come summer, I will likely wear that bracelet all the time. I should look into having the extra links turned into pendants.

Sparkle-ruckle, for what it's worth, I think the yellow gold looks wonderful on you. I may be a little biased on that, though. 9 years ago, right when I discovered PS, I was on a white metal trend, and that's when I reset my erring to while gold. Now, I'm finding myself drawn to all things yellow again! Melissa, or Wink's Elf, recently recommended a local jeweler for me. I may look into resetting my erring back into yellow gold.

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
thank you, @missy and @Sparkle_ruckle The sea bracelet is special because my dear aunt (who I speak about on the Caring for Aging Parents thread) brought it back for me from a trip to the Caribbean. She used to have the matching bracelet. At some point, I'd love to find earrings that fit in with the theme. I do have two links I had removed, wish I had thought to have the jeweler remove two of the same animal! Come summer, I will likely wear that bracelet all the time. I should look into having the extra links turned into pendants.

Sparkle-ruckle, for what it's worth, I think the yellow gold looks wonderful on you. I may be a little biased on that, though. 9 years ago, right when I discovered PS, I was on a white metal trend, and that's when I reset my erring to while gold. Now, I'm finding myself drawn to all things yellow again! Melissa, or Wink's Elf, recently recommended a local jeweler for me. I may look into resetting my erring back into yellow gold.

Thank you for the vote of confidence on my yellow gold jewellery. I should give them more wear indeed, especially the ones with a simpler and cleaner design. It's true that white metals seem more trendy-looking. What a shame though - yellow gold should have a comeback!

Thank you for sharing your story too! I always love how jewellery can be so incredibly symbolic, personal and celebratory of relationships. It sounds most befitting too that your sea bracelet is from the Caribbean itself. You mentioned that you want some earrings and you have also removed some links from the original bracelet. Could you have the same animal removed and turn those into stud or dangle earrings? My bias is for dangle ones though, because I love dangle earrings! (I think different animals are fine too. It can be a chic mismatched look.) It'll be a beautiful set!

Last edited:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sparkle_ruckle

How smart are you??? I don't know why I didn't think to take the bracelet back to the jeweler and have him swap out links to make a matching pair of earrings. I like the idea of dangles, too. Okay! Now I have another project on my always growing list :geek2:

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Sparkle_ruckle

How smart are you??? I don't know why I didn't think to take the bracelet back to the jeweler and have him swap out links to make a matching pair of earrings. I like the idea of dangles, too. Okay! Now I have another project on my always growing list :geek2:

:appl:One of the best projects in life is *drumrolls...* a jewellery project! Please come back and share with us when you have completed the earrings!

Last edited:

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Revised. This is how I wear my bracelets now. I had the 5 carat one with the rounds and baguettes and last summer I added the 1 carat bangle from Whiteflash!
IMG_1418.JPG

Love the uber luxe and classic bracelet with baguettes and round brilliants!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I alternate between my Return to Tiffany SS toggle bracelet and (more often) this one:
96B2E962-DDAB-43F0-974D-7849336CC55D.jpeg
It’s 4 ctw set in 14k yellow gold. My DH picked it out all by himself! Which was very brave of him because he knows how picky I am about jewelry! LOL! But he did great. I absolutely love it! And I need to get a better pic! :mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I alternate between my Return to Tiffany SS toggle bracelet and (more often) this one:
96B2E962-DDAB-43F0-974D-7849336CC55D.jpeg
It’s 4 ctw set in 14k yellow gold. My DH picked it out all by himself! Which was very brave of him because he knows how picky I am about jewelry! LOL! But he did great. I absolutely love it! And I need to get a better pic! :mrgreen2:

Gorgeous! And I love it with your beautiful band. Perfect together.:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Have no idea about these stones. Nothing fancy or special. Just a pretty bracelet that makes me smile when I look at it. Love the richness of the YG.

It's beautiful and fun to wear. I love the colours!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
IMG_20180505_100626.jpg My everyday bracelets...
Hermes Clic clac bracelet in rose grid and diamond bracelet in YG.... IMG_20180505_100634.jpg

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wearing a 24k YG piece
925BC6C8-63EA-4F32-93D4-5422F50D408E.jpeg
Hi LLJsmom! :wavey:
I'm late to the party but I do love your bracelet! I'm looking for a design for all of my poor leftover stones... I'm thinking that your bracelet is gorgeous and might be the one. Do you have any pics of it laid out? Pretty please and thank you!!

Orchids0926

Shiny_Rock
20180212_102555.jpg Hi! I found this website recently while I was on a search for engagement ring ideas. I just joined yesterday and have been binging on all the goodies! I personally don't have a lot to share, but I'm definitely enjoying living vicariously through you ladies. Here's my little contribution.
-Orchids

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi LLJsmom! :wavey:
I'm late to the party but I do love your bracelet! I'm looking for a design for all of my poor leftover stones... I'm thinking that your bracelet is gorgeous and might be the one. Do you have any pics of it laid out? Pretty please and thank you!!

Sorry, meant to tag you @LLJsmom...

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
20180212_102555.jpg Hi! I found this website recently while I was on a search for engagement ring ideas. I just joined yesterday and have been binging on all the goodies! I personally don't have a lot to share, but I'm definitely enjoying living vicariously through you ladies. Here's my little contribution.
-Orchids
Very beautiful bracelet Orchids... Please share the specs of the bracelet...

Orchids0926

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful bracelet Orchids... Please share the specs of the bracelet...
Thanks! It was an anniversary gift. :kiss2: not sure what specs to share... It's 6inches, 28 stones, approximately 11.11c, set in 14k white gold, H/SI1.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @suzanne2. I bought it as a whole piece so I only have pics of it this way. Hope these help. The clasp is bent because I bend it to open and close as is expected with 24k gold.
EDFA7923-CB1E-46F5-A816-295C2B5C2156.jpeg B201712A-AE9C-4D9D-9B71-CE4B10AB2B47.jpeg ED6F8CB7-C00A-4CBA-8095-C31EE13E745B.jpeg 8B621953-D60C-4CFE-8A46-578A0E10ACD2.jpeg 634E6C46-4DFA-437F-8358-981EE6FAF237.jpeg

Thanks so much. I don't know why, but I expected the backs to be open...yet after thinking about it there isn't any reason for that. More light is usually the reason but if the bracelet is snug, there isn't any light anyway.
I knew it had to be snug so the stones would stay on top but for the life of me I couldn't picture the clasp. Now it makes sense.
The medallion looks like the Arabic number 6...
You said you smile when you look at it. Is that because of the richness of the 24ct gold or is that from another memory? I don't mean to pry but I've really been obsessed with this bracelet for the last few days. I like the clean lines, the thick bezels, the different shaped stones and the rich gold. In other words, I WANT YOUR BRACELET!!!
Would you mind terribly if I used it for inspiration? :Up_to_something:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@suzanne2 I am very flattered you like this bracelet so much. I can hardly take any credit because it certainly wasn’t my design so please take whatever works for you. The designer is a company called Just Gold. They work primarily with 24k, and started in Hong Kong 20-30 years ago. They have a modern take on 24k gold jewelry which just looked painfully traditional and outdated to me when I was growing up. You should check out their website to get more ideas.

I smile because the colors are cheerful and it’s a simple and straightforward design that requires little effort to appreciate. The little tag shows the letter G in lower case. Yes I agree that if done will, rich yellow gold can look modern and clean. Hope you will share your piece when you are done. I’ll peruse the website and see if there are other pieces that may inspire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results