shape
carat
color
clarity

Show your Chrome Tourmaline!!

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have two..sorry if you've already seen them in another post, but I wanted to get this started so I could see other's stones...

My first one is a brighter medium green, from Jeff Davies (JeffDvs101 on eBay). Its 1.50ct, and measures 8.3x6.3

Second one is a darker green, from Gene at Precision Gem, its .98cts and measures 7.08x5.75

Third one, which is on its way, is from Gary at Finewatergems (thanks J.H!), its 1.48ct and measures 7.8mm

I tried to take a pic of my two stones, but my camera darkens and de-saturates my stones so badly. When I posted it here, it de-saturated even more, to the point where the stones aren't even remotely close to how they look for real. So I just deleted the pic. It serves no purpose other than making the stones look bad. I need to get a camera, this camera in my phone isn't cutting it..lol

LETS SEE YOUR CHROME TOURMALINES!!!!

_357.jpg

_358.jpg

garychrome.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please post your own photos - its hard to tell much about the stones from the "glamor" shots of the vendors...that's why everyone always asks for hand shots and additional photos, to see how they compare.

Thx.

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for being a tease in the other thread, but these things (as I'm sure you well know) are SO hard to photograph. I finally got a couple I think are decent, but they still don't do justice to the stone IRL. I'll post John's picture first, then 2 of mine, then 1 of the CT next to my tsavorite (which is also gorgeous IRL but looks blech in pics).

I will say that I think John's pic is very accurate with how it really looks to my eyes, except I can't visually make out all the faceting in the pic. It's Christmas-tree green.

_359.jpg

ct1.jpg

ct2.jpg

ct_and_tsav.jpg

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
In the pic, my tsav looks very dark, as dark as the CT, but IRL, it's not.

It's a med-dark but manages to look green in ALL lighting, whereas the CT blacks out in low lighting but will still throw green fire IF light catches it. Otherwise, though, it's really dark. I'm working on setting the tsavorite soon, but the CT is still being evaluated for possible return just because even though it is absolutely KILLER at times, like heart-stopping-in-your-throat killer (and if you think it looks good in my pics, man oh man should you see it in direct daylight sun...but my camera wouldn't pick it up), I'm not sure about setting it. Argh!

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
love it!

Minous, not going to happen with my current camera, best I can do is the vendor pics, sorry! My pic was so de saturated by my camera, and then again by PS when I posted it, that it looked nothing at all like it does IRL...oh well

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My chrome tourmaline earrings set in 14kt yellow gold. I had these made by Stephen Vincent in Minneapolis many years ago. I saw the loose stones in his shop and fell in love with the rich green color.

grtour1388b.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
This chrome tourmaline pair is from GemRite. I used them as side stones in my Zambian amethyst from Mastercut Gems. The ring was put together by my local jeweler from parts of two different Stuller ring settings.

I still love the intense green color. :cheeky:

_364.jpg

amethystring8340.jpg

ammyringsideview_8376.jpg

ieatbugs

Shiny_Rock
FlyGirl, that is a STUNNING color combination!!! Gorgeous!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
This is my chrome tourmaline and one photo is with a chrome diopside that is very similar in color IRL.

chrome_0.jpg

chrome_1.jpg

chrome_tourmaline3.jpg

chrome_tourmaline5.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results