shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your whole collection!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are pictures smattered here and there, and a few old threads, but I thought it would be nice to have a new thread for members to show all that they have in one place. Most of us get used to identifying each other by our wedding sets, but there''s so much more to see!

So, post your whole collection!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Great idea! Don''t have much to add yet, but would love to see others!!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Here is the most recent photo of my collection...I have purchased a few pieces since (plain wedding bands and a loose pink tourmaline) and have some older pieces not shown. Great thread!

ETA:
-Blue Nile Platinum earrings approx 0.5ctw GIA "Excellent" cut F VVS1&2
-Jeff White Malaya Garnet in 18K Tacori setting
-Whiteflash 0.83 I SI2 ACA in 18K Legato setting
-Whiteflash custom wedding band approx 0.2 carats, 12 ACA diamonds F-G VS

shimmerscollection1311112.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool topic, Musey!
4.gif

Here''s a pic of my entire collection (so far):

EmmsStudsWithBuddies.jpg

Stats are as follows:

- E-ring has a 0.75 carat radiant center stone (J, SI1), two princess-cut sidestones, and six small round brilliant bead-set sidestones (1.61 ctw) set in 18k yellow gold with a bunch of engraving and milgraining.

- Wedding band is a 0.65 ctw pave eternity band set with round brilliants in 18k yellow gold with milgraining and engraving to match the e-ring.

- Studs are 0.72 carats each (1.44 ctw) princess cuts (H, SI1), set in 14k yellow gold martinis from WhiteFlash.

- Necklace is a 1.00 ctw three-stone necklace with round brilliants (H, SI1) set in 14k yellow gold.

- Bracelet is 4.5 ctw with round brilliants (G, SI1), set in 14k yellow gold.

My Christmas present is still on its way, so my collection will get bigger soon! It''s a Beverley K floral eternity band set in 18k yellow gold. I can''t wait to post pics!
9.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 11:29:31 AM
Author: shimmer
Here is the most recent photo of my collection...I have purchased a few pieces since (plain wedding bands and a loose pink tourmaline) and have some older pieces not shown. Great thread!

ETA:

-Blue Nile Platinum earrings approx 0.5ctw GIA ''Excellent'' cut F VVS1&2

-Jeff White Malaya Garnet in 18K Tacori setting

-Whiteflash 0.83 I SI2 ACA in 18K Legato setting

-Whiteflash custom wedding band approx 0.2 carats, 12 ACA diamonds F-G VS

Wow, shimmer. I love your collection. Everything is so classic, exactly my style!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 11:41:45 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Cool topic, Musey!
4.gif

Here''s a pic of my entire collection (so far):

EmmsStudsWithBuddies.jpg

Stats are as follows:

- E-ring has a 0.75 carat radiant center stone (J, SI1), two princess-cut sidestones, and six small round brilliant bead-set sidestones (1.61 ctw) set in 18k yellow gold with a bunch of engraving and milgraining.

- Wedding band is a 0.65 ctw pave eternity band set with round brilliants in 18k yellow gold with milgraining and engraving to match the e-ring.

- Studs are 0.72 carats each (1.44 ctw) princess cuts (H, SI1), set in 14k yellow gold martinis from WhiteFlash.

- Necklace is a 1.00 ctw three-stone necklace with round brilliants (H, SI1) set in 14k yellow gold.

- Bracelet is 4.5 ctw with round brilliants (G, SI1), set in 14k yellow gold.

My Christmas present is still on its way, so my collection will get bigger soon! It''s a Beverley K floral eternity band set in 18k yellow gold. I can''t wait to post pics!
9.gif
ooh, Irishgirl I love your collection, especially that 3 stone necklace..so pretty!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2009 11:52:50 AM
Author: steph72276

ooh, Irishgirl I love your collection, especially that 3 stone necklace..so pretty!
Thanks, Steph! The necklace was a gift from DH the first Christmas that we were married (2005). In fact, my entire collection is gifts from DH! LOL!
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies for participating! I''ve asked the admin to make this a sticky if it ''takes off.'' I hope it does. Jewelry Pieces is on the slow side, though, so we''ll see!

I''ll post mine now, it''s in pieces.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 10:49:29 PM
Author: musey
Wedding set:
Engagement ring is 1.96ct Asscher in a Vatche setting
Wedding ring is the 2mm Jazz Band from Tiffany (0.48ctw, they''re just shy of 2-pointers)

Earrings:
No idea on the specs! But the studs came from my parents (21st birthday gift) and the hoops I bought in the LA diamond district pre-pricescope. I know I overpaid ($140 IIRC) and there''s really no sparkle as the diamonds are practically non-existant, but the size is very wearable for me and I still love ''em.
the ring is a real beauty... shows off the asscher well.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Love your collection Musey. I really like those little hoops...very nice for everyday wear and of course, love your wedding set!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Shimmer and Twinkers--lovely collections!!

Musey--you have some awesome pieces! I adore your locket and I love the ring you found at camp!
30.gif
I''ve kept every piece, since I was a kid, and I love that you kept that one! (and you know I adore your beautiful wedding set!)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Shimmer I love your collection.I am drooling over the wedding band.

Irishgrrl, great collection.My favorite is the bracelet.

Musey, you’ve got a beautiful collection.I especially love your diamond and wedding band.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Fun thread Musey, I love everyone''s photos !

Here are my fave/most valuable pieces...I have a few more gold bands that aren''t shown (and then gold-filled/costume stuff)..

Left to Right:

Original ering, 3 stone ~0.8ct total, 18k WG.
Art Carved 14k 2 tone band.
Upgraded ering, 1.25ct Isee2 diamond, K SI1, in 18k 2 tone Legato setting.
and my new baby, bezel pendant - 0.47 G VS2 transitional diamond in handmade 2 tone 18k setting.

Hopefully I will have some coloured stone projects to brighten the mix soon
2.gif

1.gif

DSC01781-resize.JPG

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 4:07:37 AM
Author: arjunajane

Here are my fave/most valuable pieces...I have a few more gold bands that aren''t shown (and then gold-filled/costume stuff)..

Left to Right:

and my new baby, bezel pendant - 0.47 G VS2 transitional diamond in handmade 2 tone 18k setting.

2.gif

1.gif
Very pretty pieces!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2009 12:12:24 AM
Author: marcyc

Shimmer I love your collection.I am drooling over the wedding band.

Irishgrrl, great collection.My favorite is the bracelet.

Musey, you’ve got a beautiful collection.I especially love your diamond and wedding band.

Thanks, Marcy! The bracelet was my present from DH for Christmas, 2006. DH picked that one out all by himself, and I think he did a pretty good job if I do say so myself! LOL!
2.gif
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2009 4:07:37 AM
Author: arjunajane

Left to Right:

2.gif

1.gif
GORGEOUS collection, AJ! I especially love that Art Carved band . . . BEAUTIFUL!!!
30.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Irishgrrrl, I love your e-ring. Could you post more pics of it?

Thanks

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2009 12:36:44 PM
Author: oddoneout
Irishgrrrl, I love your e-ring. Could you post more pics of it?

Thanks
Aww, you are so sweet!
face23.gif

Here ya go:

EmmsWeddingSetProfile.jpg

EmmsRingsWindow.jpg

EmmsRingsWindowHandshot.jpg

EmmsRingsSideDetail.jpg

GeorgeOnEmmsRing.jpg

(Sorry about the tiny snail in that last one . . . it''s just that it''s the clearest handshot that I''ve been able to get! LOL!)
21.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 10:59:06 PM
Author: musey

5. My gold locket, a wedding gift from my husband and something that has a special significance to us. It’s on the ornate/fancy side for me, but even so I wear if very often. It’s a very, very special piece to me.

museynecklaces.jpg

Musey, would you mind telling me more about the beautiful locket? It''s lovely! It looks like it might once have been a watch fob, perhaps for a lady''s watch, though men wore much more ornate jewelry back then than they do now, so it could have been a man''s. Is it an heirloom in your husband''s family? Do you wear a photo inside, or perhaps a lock of hair? Does it spin? It looks as if it might. Is the other side engraved, or perhaps set with a stone?

As you can tell, I''m fascinated by Victorian jewelry.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Irishgrrrl. If you don''t mind me asking was your ring custom made or did you buy the setting? I really love the engraving and the profile.

Thanks

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Irishgrrrl - Is that a REAL snail? Oh my, that is just too funny and CUTE!!! I''ll have to show that one to my kids.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous collections! I love this thread
30.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 9:40:13 PM
Author: glitterata
Musey, would you mind telling me more about the beautiful locket? It''s lovely! It looks like it might once have been a watch fob, perhaps for a lady''s watch, though men wore much more ornate jewelry back then than they do now, so it could have been a man''s. Is it an heirloom in your husband''s family? Do you wear a photo inside, or perhaps a lock of hair? Does it spin? It looks as if it might. Is the other side engraved, or perhaps set with a stone?

As you can tell, I''m fascinated by Victorian jewelry.
Glit, it''s actually brand new. It''s an heirloom-to-be, as I have no heirlooms of my own
1.gif
I don''t have a photo in it yet, though I plan to put a wedding picture in it once I have the chance.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2009 10:00:57 PM
Author: oddoneout
Thanks Irishgrrrl. If you don''t mind me asking was your ring custom made or did you buy the setting? I really love the engraving and the profile.

Thanks
Actually, we bought the ring pre-set from an eBay vendor. (This was LONG before I discovered Pricescope!)
emembarrassed.gif

The diamonds are probably not the best quality, but I love it anyway!
9.gif

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Great topic Musey!

Here''s my whole collection! I didn''t realize I had this many pieces! I had a lot of fun cleaning them all and having a little photoshoot of them for about an hour... FI laughed at me. Haha.

Top left box:
Jewelry from my grandmother: A diamond starburst broach in rose gold and an emerald and diamond bracelet in yellow gold.

I don''t know much about either piece except that they are old and that her wealthy second husband bought them for her. When I went to visit for my cousins wedding last summer, she gave these pieces to me. I plan on taking them to get appraised so that I can learn more about them. I''m thinking of using the stones in the bracelet to make a ring one of these days as I''m not really a bracelet kinda gal.

Bottom left box:
Garnet pendant from my parents. It was a junior high graduation present and really my first piece of "real" jewelry. Garnet is my birthstone (4 days till my birthday!!).

The diamond circle pendant was from FI back when he was BF. He bought it for me when we went on a vacation to Oregon (my home state, we now live in California). All I know is that it''s 1/2 ctw. I have a sheet somewhere that lists color/clarity but I''m going to assume the stones are H/I and probably SI clarity. But it definitely sparkles a lot and most, if not all of the stones are eye clean. I love it! He said it represented his eternal love for me...
5.gif

Right box starting at the top left and going down:
- My engagement ring! 1.22 ct cushion G SI2. Setting was custom made and I LOVE IT!

- My sapphire and diamond RHR that FI gave to me last Christmas (07). I wear it almost every day and LOVE it! He picked it out all by himself and COMPLETELY surprised me with it! It''s totally my style and I think he did an amazing job!

- 7 stone garnet and yellow gold ring. I have had this ring for a very very long time. I don''t know who got it for me or when but I''m guessing my mom got it for me at some point. Or it might have even been hers at one point. I don''t know. I don''t wear it very often anymore because my e-ring is white gold and I don''t really like the look of white gold and yellow gold together, on me at least.

- My second promise ring from FI back before he was FI! It''s a 1/2 ctw three stone diamond ring from Zales (yes I know... haha). This was pre-ps, but I LOVE this ring! I have no idea about the color or clarity of the stones but they look just as white as my G e-ring stone and I can''t see ANY inclusions in them with the naked eye. And it sparkles like CRAZY!

- My FIRST promise ring from FI! He gave me this for our first Christmas together and I adored this thing! I still do, but it has issues with keeping it''s stones. It''s missing one right now which is the third one that fell out. I kept taking it back to get the stones replaced each time they fell out, but after the third one fell out, FI just got me the other ring because he said I "needed an upgrade"
9.gif
! He''s a good boy! I think this ring is 1/4 ctw but that''s all I know about it. Also from Zales and also pre-ps. But definitely lower quality than the other Zales ring. In comparison to my e-ring, the stones look a big yellow... But I still love it! And plan to keep it to pass down someday.

- 5 stone diamond ring in white gold. This belonged to my mother but she gave it to me a few years back. I know absolutely nothing about this ring and hardly ever wear it because of the yellow gold, but it''s still a beautiful piece!

- Ruby and diamond ring in yellow gold. This was a gift from my mother for my sweet 16! I wore it every day for probably two years before I started to like white gold a little bit more. I still wear it every once in a while but I think I may set it in white gold because I''d definitely get more wear out of it.

WHEW! Kay that''s all my pieces! But my birthday is right around the corner... So you never know! I may have something new to add to the collection soon!

-

104_0269.JPG

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Irishgrrl I am not generally a fan of yellow gold, but your set changes my mind! I have loved it every since I first saw it posted. Actuallly your whole collection! Makes me want to have a yellow gold suite as well!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Pearl, you forgot to tell us about that beautiful starburst pin/pendant! I looks lovely, is it a vintage piece??

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 1:15:57 AM
Author: PearlDahhhling
Great topic Musey!

Here''s my whole collection! I didn''t realize I had this many pieces! I had a lot of fun cleaning them all and having a little photoshoot of them for about an hour... FI laughed at me. Haha.

Top left box:
Jewelry from my grandmother: A diamond starburst broach in rose gold and an emerald and diamond bracelet in yellow gold.

I don''t know much about either piece except that they are old and that her wealthy second husband bought them for her. When I went to visit for my cousins wedding last summer, she gave these pieces to me. I plan on taking them to get appraised so that I can learn more about them. I''m thinking of using the stones in the bracelet to make a ring one of these days as I''m not really a bracelet kinda gal.

Bottom left box:
Garnet pendant from my parents. It was a junior high graduation present and really my first piece of ''real'' jewelry. Garnet is my birthstone (4 days till my birthday!!).

The diamond circle pendant was from FI back when he was BF. He bought it for me when we went on a vacation to Oregon (my home state, we now live in California). All I know is that it''s 1/2 ctw. I have a sheet somewhere that lists color/clarity but I''m going to assume the stones are H/I and probably SI clarity. But it definitely sparkles a lot and most, if not all of the stones are eye clean. I love it! He said it represented his eternal love for me...
5.gif

Right box starting at the top left and going down:
- My engagement ring! 1.22 ct cushion G SI2. Setting was custom made and I LOVE IT!

- My sapphire and diamond RHR that FI gave to me last Christmas (07). I wear it almost every day and LOVE it! He picked it out all by himself and COMPLETELY surprised me with it! It''s totally my style and I think he did an amazing job!

- 7 stone garnet and yellow gold ring. I have had this ring for a very very long time. I don''t know who got it for me or when but I''m guessing my mom got it for me at some point. Or it might have even been hers at one point. I don''t know. I don''t wear it very often anymore because my e-ring is white gold and I don''t really like the look of white gold and yellow gold together, on me at least.

- My second promise ring from FI back before he was FI! It''s a 1/2 ctw three stone diamond ring from Zales (yes I know... haha). This was pre-ps, but I LOVE this ring! I have no idea about the color or clarity of the stones but they look just as white as my G e-ring stone and I can''t see ANY inclusions in them with the naked eye. And it sparkles like CRAZY!

- My FIRST promise ring from FI! He gave me this for our first Christmas together and I adored this thing! I still do, but it has issues with keeping it''s stones. It''s missing one right now which is the third one that fell out. I kept taking it back to get the stones replaced each time they fell out, but after the third one fell out, FI just got me the other ring because he said I ''needed an upgrade''
9.gif
! He''s a good boy! I think this ring is 1/4 ctw but that''s all I know about it. Also from Zales and also pre-ps. But definitely lower quality than the other Zales ring. In comparison to my e-ring, the stones look a big yellow... But I still love it! And plan to keep it to pass down someday.

- 5 stone diamond ring in white gold. This belonged to my mother but she gave it to me a few years back. I know absolutely nothing about this ring and hardly ever wear it because of the yellow gold, but it''s still a beautiful piece!

- Ruby and diamond ring in yellow gold. This was a gift from my mother for my sweet 16! I wore it every day for probably two years before I started to like white gold a little bit more. I still wear it every once in a while but I think I may set it in white gold because I''d definitely get more wear out of it.

WHEW! Kay that''s all my pieces! But my birthday is right around the corner... So you never know! I may have something new to add to the collection soon!

-
Pearl...some info on grandma''s jewelry...
The starburst/sun/burst pin was made hugely popular by Tiffany and Company in the last part of the 19th century/early 20th century...diamonds were popular as was pearls and opals...keep in mind that there was a re-serge of popularity of this pin in the 1950s...so it could be from the mid-20th century also....the cut of the stones and gold work will determine era....the bracelet with its square emerald and herringbone chain and side stone is most likely from the mid/ late 1980s to mid 1990s...the pin is stunning and should be worn often after stones are checked for security...thanks for sharing!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is *most* of my collection. Listed from top to bottom. Sorry about the bad lighting.

Necklaces first:
Left:
Chalcedony and silver lariat
Unknown blue stones with intricate silver filigree work

Right:
Light blue bezel set sapphire necklace from FI, WG
Blue topaz and diamond step cut necklace, starset, WG
Long skinny windowed aquamarine in silver
Love Bunny necklace from Clay Pot in silver

Rings, from left to right:
Top line:
Blue topaz and couple of diamonds in WG goes with starset necklace
Light yellow citrine in 10kt YG antique
Blue/purple sapphire and diamond find from ebay
Garnet and silver emerald from Kabana
Blue topaz, silver tension set ring from an artisan on ebay
8mm cushion amethyst with tiny diamonds in YG

Second from top:
London Blue topaz round silver bezel
Swiss Blue topaz trillion silver bezel
Oval peridot silver bezel
starset light purple tanzanite in silver bezel
champagne colored stone in silver bezel (not sure what the stone is)
trillion cabochon opal in silver bezel

Third from top:
Dark red skinny oval garnet in silver bezel
round blue green cabochon in silver bezel
oval blue green stone in silver bezel (maybe this and the one above are tourmaline?)
pear cabochon in silver bezel (don''t know what this is)
black onyx oval in silver bezel
a CZ (oops) trillion asymmetrical design

4th from top:
love knot promise ring (not mine, I found it)
pearl and bead ring
cloudy green cabochon oval in silver with YG accents
Very light purple amethyst ring with flower detail
Light purple amethyst heart in silver bezel with filigree work

5th from top:
Swiss blue topaz eternity band (Christmas present from FI)
My mom''s created college ring (all 14kt)
Dark (but still has life) blue sapphire in 14kt
ERING! (1.2ct blue spinel in 14kt)
Elsa Peretti stacking tsavorite band
My mom''s pink tourmaline ring

6th from top:
blue stone oval in silver
Marquise amethyst
another CZ (oops) with silver filigree
coated mystic topaz in silver bezel

7th from the top/2nd from bottom:
coral ring from the Bahamas
moon poison ring (left over from high school)
garnet poison ring (also left over from HS)

Last row (sorry for the horrible photography skills):
24ct blue topaz in silver
silver puzzle ring
silver book ring
Plain silver band

I say most because I don''t keep most of the really sentimental pieces in my jewelry box. If I had been thinking I would have moved them in there just for the photoshoot. (This includes an opal/onyx ring of my mom''s, the opal ring I was going to give her for Christmas, her HS graduation ring, my 13th birthday diamond birthstone ring, a diamond ring I found in a parking lot, and then my mom''s diamond and her wedding ring-neither of which I have right now. And probably more I can''t think of. Oh, and both of my bracelets...)

IMG_3165 freke.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results