shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Traditional Charm Bracelets....

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I got this charm bracelet for my 16th birthday (my sister got a similar one) and it only has 2 charms on it. I was never into charm bracelets and my DD definitely isn''t. I will probably sell them

soocool

Ideal_Rock
This was my mom's. As you see it only has one charm on it. For their 10th anniversary my dad gave her a charm bracelet with one charm on it as well( my sister has that one). I guess dad didn't figure out that the charm will go on the same bracelet! lol

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 10:30:18 PM
Author: Gayletmom
I love this thread! Thanks, Ringthings for starting it. I love charm bracelets and as Deb mentioned, I have been thinking about them alot lately.

I inherited one from my grandmother a few years ago and I will post pics soon.

In the meantime, here is the one I recently ordered from Beladora 2 to start my own charm bracelet. What does everyone think?
This is another bracelet that I got from my mom. It looks very similar to the one you ordered from Beladora. I have been pondering about keeping this one as well or selling it, as DD is only into white metals. Do you think she may ever change her mind?

Gayletmom, please post another photo when you get yours!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/19/2010 11:43:16 AM
Author: soocool

This is another bracelet that I got from my mom. It looks very similar to the one you ordered from Beladora. I have been pondering about keeping this one as well or selling it, as DD is only into white metals.
Thank you for posting all those bracelets, soocool. You certainly had a plentitude of them! I am sorry that you are going to sell any, but if your own family will not enjoy them it is better to see them in the hands of someone who will appreciate them!

Why do you call the silver one a, "New Jersey" charm bracelet? Is it because you grew up there? I am afraid that I cannot see the charms well enough on this monitor to tell why they would be distinctively New Jersey. (My monitor in Connecticut is better, however.) If you ever have the time, I would welcome seeing more shots of that bracelet.

I love the last bracelet you posted, because I love that old-fashioned style. I loved Gayletmom's when she found hers, too!

Thanks again for the great photos!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 11:43:16 AM
This is another bracelet that I got from my mom. It looks very similar to the one you ordered from Beladora. I have been pondering about keeping this one as well or selling it, as DD is only into white metals. Do you think she may ever change her mind?

Hi soocool, not sure what her age is but YOU BET! if you wouldn''t mind a piece of advice from a brat here it goes: please don''t sell unless is totally necessary. For one, you may get half ot their value and secondly, DD will change her mind JUST like I DID. I have given away [to older sisters] stuff from mom I thought weren''t my style.......at 34, I have regrets but being my sisters it''s alright. I''ve gone through high karat to white to platinum within 15 years, at this point I appreciate all jewelry any color/karat/size.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, so happy I peeked at this thread! I really enjoyed seeing all of the ''old school'' charm bracelets!

I have two charm bracelets, one is my mom''s, she just gave it to me and the other is mine...they both have charms from all over the US and Canada, where we traveled when I was little. They are all sterling sliver and very sentimental to me.

But the neat thing is, DH and I are going to CA for a vacation next week and I plan to look for some new charms to add to mine! I have a really old one from Disneyland and I hope I can get a new one from this trip to add to it! I had forgotten about my bracelet, but look forward to making new memories and adding some new charms!
36.gif

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/18/2010 12:27:52 AM
Author: monarch64
BTW. Deb, and others: I noticed tonight that there are really dark almost tarnished looking spots uniformly on the actual bracelet. They look like they are at the points where the links were soldered? Any time I''ve taken the bracelet to a jeweler to have the charms soldered on, the bracelet has come back looking perfectly yellow and without the dark spots. Why, when I store the bracelet, is the darkening thing going on? Is there anything I can do to avoid it? I have polishing cloths and a US cleaner but the US doesn''t help in this regard. Polishing with a cloth just doesn''t cut it either. Weird. It''s 14K. I guess I don''t know as much about gold as I thought...very curious.
Thanks for posting individual pictures of your gorgeous bracelet monarch64, still in
30.gif
with the bucket.
As for the dark spots on the bracelet w/o seeing it, that happens when links get attached with slightly lower karat or the actual item was stored in a humid enviroment. Def not a professional here, just a nut. I''m sure your jeweler could polished off or at home with Gemcare''s Radiance 2000 that paste polishes gold, plat and silver..it''s wonderful!

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Hope to see your bracelets soon Ara Ann
35.gif

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 12:42:02 PM
Author: Rachel9

Date: 2/19/2010 11:43:16 AM

Hi soocool, not sure what her age is but YOU BET! if you wouldn''t mind a piece of advice from a brat here it goes: please don''t sell unless is totally necessary. For one, you may get half ot their value and secondly, DD will change her mind JUST like I DID. I have given away [to older sisters] stuff from mom I thought weren''t my style.......at 34, I have regrets but being my sisters it''s alright. I''ve gone through high karat to white to platinum within 15 years, at this point I appreciate all jewelry any color/karat/size.
Maybe I will hold onto the better pieces, but I have a ton of herringbone, rope cut, etc. bracelets, neck chains that I may sell (I''ll keep the better thicker ones). I also have a lot of rings with small gemstones and diamonds that DD has picked through and will keep a few. Otherwise I really don''t want to keep so much jewelry at home or even in my safe deposit box and it isn''t even getting worn. I have been wearing only certain pieces for a very long time and not the others.

BTW, DD is 17.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 12:36:35 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
2/19/2010 11:43:16 AM

This is another bracelet that I got from my mom. It looks very similar to the one you ordered from Beladora. I have been pondering about keeping this one as well or selling it, as DD is only into white metals.
Thank you for posting all those bracelets, soocool. You certainly had a plentitude of them! I am sorry that you are going to sell any, but if your own family will not enjoy them it is better to see them in the hands of someone who will appreciate them!

Why do you call the silver one a, ''New Jersey'' charm bracelet? Is it because you grew up there? I am afraid that I cannot see the charms well enough on this monitor to tell why they would be distinctively New Jersey. (My monitor in Connecticut is better, however.) If you ever have the time, I would welcome seeing more shots of that bracelet.

I love the last bracelet you posted, because I love that old-fashioned style. I loved Gayletmom''s when she found hers, too!

Thanks again for the great photos!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif
It''s hard to get a close up, so I have broken down and labeled the bracelet for you to see what each charm symbolizes (something to do with NJ). I grew up in central Jersey and moved a bit closer to PA (Lambertville area) and I have been living in PA now for over 20 years.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
next one: oops looks like I missed one charm. to the left of the Newark airport is supposed to be Washington Crossing the Delaware Dec 25, 1776.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
final one:

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I have really enjoyed seeing everyone's charm bracelets. I received a sterling one when I was a young girl. I don't wear it anymore but have picked up some charms as an adult. My daughter got a sterling Tiffany charm bracelet for Christmas. (she is almost 16) I have to admit I really like the chunkiness of her bracelet. Some of the Tiffany charms are adorable. I love some of the Tiffany charms posted above like the cupcakes. I like the snowflake charms too. So far she only has the "Return to Tiffany's" charm. Wouldn't be my thing but kids are into "names".

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soocool, Thank you for taking the time to photograph close-ups of your "New Jersey" charms! I love ''em! Especially the New Jersey sand! They are a real piece of Americana! Sometimes when I get to see charms close-up I am simply amazed at what treasures they are! Each one is precious! You are very lucky. Is there any chance that you or your daughter will start wearing that one?

AGBF
34.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2010 12:59:41 PM
Author: Rachel9

Date: 2/18/2010 12:27:52 AM
Author: monarch64
BTW. Deb, and others: I noticed tonight that there are really dark almost tarnished looking spots uniformly on the actual bracelet. They look like they are at the points where the links were soldered? Any time I''ve taken the bracelet to a jeweler to have the charms soldered on, the bracelet has come back looking perfectly yellow and without the dark spots. Why, when I store the bracelet, is the darkening thing going on? Is there anything I can do to avoid it? I have polishing cloths and a US cleaner but the US doesn''t help in this regard. Polishing with a cloth just doesn''t cut it either. Weird. It''s 14K. I guess I don''t know as much about gold as I thought...very curious.
Thanks for posting individual pictures of your gorgeous bracelet monarch64, still in
30.gif
with the bucket.
As for the dark spots on the bracelet w/o seeing it, that happens when links get attached with slightly lower karat or the actual item was stored in a humid enviroment. Def not a professional here, just a nut. I''m sure your jeweler could polished off or at home with Gemcare''s Radiance 2000 that paste polishes gold, plat and silver..it''s wonderful!
I think i tmust be from humidity, Rachel. I mean the dark spots are on the actual bracelet itself, not the links from which the charms are attached. Hope that makes sense. I will just take it to my jeweler and have them polish it soon. I think it has just sat in my jewelry box for too long. Thank you for the advice!

Sooocool, your NJ bracelet is awesome! I love your other bracelets, too, very pretty!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was unable to post any pictures of my charm bracelet until now due to computer problems (not having a cable I needed to connect my videocamera to the computer). I am now in a location where I have a cable. I am hoping to take some good photographs of my bracelet tomorrow and start a thread about it as Whitby did on hers. For now, here is one photo. I also took a close-up photo of one of the charms: a Labrador retriever made of 18K gold with ruby eyes, but it didn''t come out very well. His eyes look pink ;-).

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

AGBFcharmbraceletyellowgold.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a close-up shot of one of my two Labrador retriever charms. This one is 18K gold with ruby eyes.

AGBF
34.gif

AGBFcharmbraceletyellowgold2.jpg

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 3:57:30 PM

soocool, Thank you for taking the time to photograph close-ups of your ''New Jersey'' charms! I love ''em! Especially the New Jersey sand! They are a real piece of Americana! Sometimes when I get to see charms close-up I am simply amazed at what treasures they are! Each one is precious! You are very lucky. Is there any chance that you or your daughter will start wearing that one?

AGBF
34.gif
I put that charm bracelet on today and my dog kept trying to get the charms. (He''ll attack anything, esp socks while they are on your feet.)

I don''t think we will wear it, but I have an idea of putting it in a display case/shadow box along with a collection of pins that DD has collected during our travels and some Olympic pins I have collected over the years. She wants to hang it her room.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 6:50:36 PM

This is a close-up shot of one of my two Labrador retriever charms. This one is 18K gold with ruby eyes.

AGBF
34.gif
Ooh! I love this one so much..

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, your bracelet is just gorgeous!
30.gif
So glad you were able to take some pics and post them tonight, I''ve been looking forward to seeing your bracelet for weeks. Also, I''m really sorry to read about your daughter and the destruction of her jewelry. I know some of the story and I have to say that I admire your strength in coping with the situations you''ve had to deal with. All I have to say is that some of us are made of tougher stuff than others and are better at drawing from within when it comes to life''s difficulties. I hope that you take care of your own needs and do not fault yourself for your daughter''s issues. I gave my parents a fair amount of grief when I was growing up, but I never blamed them for anything even though they had their own dysfunctions, and I will always be grateful to them for trying their hardest to provide good parenting.

I love all the cupcake charms you posted earlier today!!! I am not a cupcake baker or I would put one of those on my wish list!!!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
AGBF

i''m so sorry about the loss of your daughter''s jewelry

i dont know what to say - words just fail me - so i''m just gonna leave it at that. i think you know i truly care....

xo

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/21/2010 12:31:42 AM
Author: whitby_2773

i''m so sorry about the loss of your daughter''s jewelry

i dont know what to say - words just fail me - so i''m just gonna leave it at that.
Thank you. I hadn''t meant to discuss my daughter and all her problems in this thread. She could take up fifty threads all on her own and this should be about traditional charm bracelets. I shared about my upset over the bracelet here because I knew that people reading this thread understood that it was often meaningful for a parent and child to share a charm or charms. I love you. I want to see more charm bracelets!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/19/2010 5:42:57 PM

I was unable to post any pictures of my charm bracelet until now due to computer problems (not having a cable I needed to connect my videocamera to the computer). I am now in a location where I have a cable. I am hoping to take some good photographs of my bracelet tomorrow and start a thread about it as Whitby did on hers.
I did start a thread on my own bracelet. If anyone wants to see it, he can click here.

AGBF
34.gif

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Soocool, I am drooling over your bracelet-thanks for sharing. You''re right that it''s similar to my recent acquisition. I love the width of yours and I am holding out hope that your daughter will appreciate it someday.

Our weather is so overcast lately that I haven''t had a decent day for picture taking. I hope to get to some this weekend and will post when I do. I wore the bracelet for the first time when I went out to dinner recently and had one of those nights where I kept gazing at my own jewelry! For me, that''s a sign that I got just the right thing.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/18/2010 11:24:40 AM

Here is another lovely =tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]cupcake charm I found on Etsy. This one is solid, fine silver and the artist making it will make minor changes in it for you (see the description). I love the sprinkles!
I decided to have this charm made in gold by the Etsy artist who made this cupcake charm in silver. Right now a jeweler is adding a small, 14K gold saucepan and lid to my bracelet, too. I had already bought that charm when I took pictures of my bracelet, but the charm wasn''t on the bracelet yet, so I didn''t photograph it.

AGBF
34.gif

AussieNic

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 7:33:28 PM

Date:
2/18/2010 11:24:40 AM

Here is another lovely =tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]cupcake charm I found on Etsy. This one is solid, fine silver and the artist making it will make minor changes in it for you (see the description). I love the sprinkles!

I decided to have this charm made in gold by the Etsy artist who made this cupcake charm in silver. Right now a jeweler is adding a small, 14K gold saucepan and lid to my bracelet, too. I had already bought that charm when I took pictures of my bracelet, but the charm wasn''t on the bracelet yet, so I didn''t photograph it.

AGBF

34.gif

Ooh, can''t wait to see some photo''s of that cupcake in gold!

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
My vintage charm bracelet. Some charms are new, others are vintage spinners and traditional.

IMG_2120.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
ringthings -

just lovely :) takes me back to a certain era in my mind - a very happy place...

wonderful :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RT--really pretty. Thank you so much for sharing. I look forward to more pics!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/25/2010 11:08:40 PM
Author: ringthings

My vintage charm bracelet. Some charms are new, others are vintage spinners and traditional.
ringthings-It is wonderful!!! Please give us some close-ups of those charms! I would especially like to see anything you call a, "vintage spinner".

AGBF
34.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results