shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Traditional Charm Bracelets....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This blossoming of threads about charm bracelets (Gayle's, this one, Whitby's) has had me searching the 'net for charms and ideas for charms. First off, after seeing Whitby's bracelet, I added the Tiffany cupcake charm- that had been on my Tiffany wishlist for years and which I had just taken off it about a day before-to my Tiffany wishlist. Then I looked around the 'net for photos of old charms. I want a nice looking frying pan and a nice looking pot, preferably a pot with a moveable lid. I think that if I find good photos, I will one day ask someone on Etsy to cast charms that resemble the charms in the best photos I found in 22K gold.

The other thing I did was to look once more for my university to see if anyone made a charm for it. To my utter shock, someone now did! In the past, it was one of the only schools for which there was no charm available! I was able to get about ten varieties for my husband's schools, but not even one for my own (and it's a huge school, too!). Today I ordered one in 18K gold, which means I will not be ordering any other charms in the near future! This is, as Whitby pointed out, a pricey little hobby! (I spent almost $550.00!)

I am waiting for a serial cable to arrive in the mail so that I can attach my videocamera to the computer. Then I will see if my software is compatible with the computer and if can post the photos I took of my charm bracelet!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/28/2010 4:52:19 PM
Author: AGBF

The other thing I did was to look once more for my university to see if anyone made a charm for it. To my utter shock, someone now did! In the past, it was one of the only schools for which there was no charm available! I was able to get about ten varieties for my husband's schools, but not even one for my own (and it's a huge school, too!).
The charm for my undergraduate school came today and I took it down to a jeweler who for years has been adding charms to my bracelet. It will be ready tomorrow! I still have no cable to connect my camera to the computer, though. One of these days it should arrive!

AGBF
34.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
really looking forward to seeing this deb :)

i''ve been checking back regularly since you said you ordered it - but you *must* find a way to post some photos! and i want to see the whole bracelet!

and i hear ya on the expensive thing; i do 2 a year if i''m lucky. more like one lots of years. gives me plenty of time, tho, to find something really special.

are you after the silver or the gold tiffany cupcake? (i''m guessing the gold one). i love that charm - it''s...it''s..it''s DELICIOUS!

photos pls madam!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/3/2010 6:45:36 PM
Author: whitby_2773

are you after the silver or the gold tiffany cupcake?
The gold one, as you guessed, Kareyn! I am the yellow gold queen (or some would say the high karat gold queen). I have been touting yellow gold here on Pricescope for many years, prophesying that it would be making a comeback since it was on the cutting edge of fashion and the masses would follow where the fashion leaders had walked before them. So, of course, my charm bracelet (like yours) is yellow gold! I tried to get a picture of the charm, too.

AGBF
34.gif

TiffanyCupcakeCharm.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
beyond adorable.

and no wonder we''re all broke!

yay!

i''m with you re yellow gold - i love the warmth. and i dislike the tendency of platinum, when worn and not as highly polished as it needs to be, to look simply grey.

yellow gold, on the other hand, is always yummy :)

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
That cupcake is simply delicious
30.gif

OK, it took about a week to decide what to leave/add to this bracelet, it's white gold and definitely much lighter than the first one I posted [have plans to s-l-o-w-l-y add travel charms on that one]. The purses represent my two sisters and I [we all 3 have the same bracelet w/same bags] as for the rest, just what's going on in my life.....the fir coat was a gift from my mom, I'm always cold lol
35.gif

Diamonds-14kwg.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all the bracelets on here! So cool!

This was made throughout the 60s but I''m not sure it qualifies as being traditional. Each car on here was handmade and given by my father to my mother to add to the bracelet. The detail on the cars is amazing.

However, it''s waayyyyyyyyyyyyy too heavy to wear but I remember my Mum in the 70s and 80s wearing it loads. It makes a heavy jangling sound as it''s moved!

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
This thread is filled with great bracelets, congrats to ALL
36.gif

May I request close ups Rachel? please do if possible, Thanks!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
rachel - lovely combo. and all those charms look to have lovely detail and be beautifully made. nice piece :) i''m with the previous poster who wants more photos...

and lovingdiamonds - WOW! the weight in that looks to be *considerable*! beautiful!

keep ''em coming ladies....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds, The bracelet you posted with the cars made by your father is spectacular! By "a traditional" charm bracelet, I think people meant not an "Italian" charm bracelet, but one with charms that hang from the bracelet. I do not think they were referring to the nature of the charms. Your charm bracelet is not "traditional" in that most people are not lucky enough to have all handmade charms on their bracelets, but it is certainly the traditional style charm bracelet!

Rachel, please do post more close-ups of your lovely, white gold bracelet. I would like to see the charms more clearly! I can make out the fur coat, but I''d love to see the detail on it and on the purses, etcetera!

AGBF
34.gif

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
LovingDiamonds--

What a special bracelet. What was the story on it.. did he really like cars.. did she? It''s so neat that he made all of those himself. I bet it is heavy!

By traditional charm bracelets, I just meant the bracelets with charms that hang off like this. (Instead of Pandora/bead or Italian charm bracelets.) :)

AussieNic

Rough_Rock
WOW, so many pretty charm bracelets. I love the memories that everyone has attached with them all too. Makes them just so priceless I suppose.

I thought I would post a couple of pics of my DD's charm bracelet. She got it for her 8th birthday. It is a Thomas Sabo (so is silver...if that's ok i post if i post it)

It is a nice heavy Belcher Bracelet. (I think it's called a Rolo Link in USA? am I correct?) Her first charm was the Scottish Dog. She fell in love with it in the shop, kept asking to go in every time we walked past, until one day we went in and it was gone! Little miss was most upset, and let loose with attitude about how someone bought 'her' dog lol...It was safely tucked away in a drawer in my room at the time. She just about fainted when she opened it.

The pink Zirconia was her first xmas present from her baby brother, and the dolphin she bought herself with money she had saved, and with money she had received for christmas.

I love how the charms can clip on and off too.

aussienic002.JPG

AussieNic

Rough_Rock
A full pic of the bracelet :)

aussienic003.JPG

AussieNic

Rough_Rock
Sorry my photo skills aren''t the best..

Last photo.This is a corded necklace/necklet (not sure on it''s proper name) BUT, it has the remainder of her Thomas Sabo charms.
An Eiffel Tower - because DD would like to go there one day, she just doesn''t want to get on a plane from Australia though!
Her Initial from her first name, present from her baby brother for christmas last year, along with the cord.
and lastly, her most recent purchase with money from christmas again - and a bit of help from mum ;-) is the Christmas Pig! She loves this pig because of the red hat and it''s little red heeled boots.

I love the Thomas Sabo range for her, as the charms can be easily interchanged. There are different styles of bracelets, in silver and a beaded version of some sort, along with the different styles of necklaces and even earrings, where you can clip the charms on to as well.

aussienic001.JPG

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Pretty Special bracelet there AussieNic
30.gif
An Eiffel Tower is also on my list
21.gif

Thanks all for your kind comments, here are a few 'closer' pictures as requested, hope not to be a major threadjack:
New horse, the twins love them!, original zebra purse [middle sister Zennah], new computer charm, black diamond dress [wear black dress code for work] next cake charm [kid's 8th B-day] 18k w/g diamond heel, a gift from DH [I love shoes] first chalice [kid's communion]:

14kcharm.JPG

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Larger purse represents my oldest sister J, good neighbor best friend.

14kback.JPG

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
New poker playing cards I'm too sure about, the clip is quite stiff, diamond flip flop came with the bracelet when I purchased back in '06. The small diamond cut purse represents me as the youngest sister, as I said the fir coat [plat] was a gift from mom, the big apple =DH [ruby birthstone] last, 2nd diamond chalice.

14kChsd.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AussieNic and Rachel-

Thank you so much for posting the beautiful close-up photos of your beautiful charm bracelets (and corded necklace)! You both have gorgeous bracelets, and the close-up photos make an enormous difference in how much we can share the bracelets with you! Thank you so much for taking the time to photograph and post the charms!

I would like to post pictures of my bracelet, too, but cannot do so yet. I called Sony about my missing cable. (The reason I cannot post photos recently is that I currently have no cable to connect the computer to my videocamera in Connecticut.) My order was lost. I re-ordered, but my cable is backordered, so it will be a while before it comes. I may return to Virginia, where I have a cable, before it arrives!

Thank you again. I am going back to look at the pictures of your charms again!!!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2010 7:16:02 PM
Author: ringthings

LovingDiamonds--

What a special bracelet. What was the story on it.. did he really like cars.. did she? It''s so neat that he made all of those himself. I bet it is heavy!

By traditional charm bracelets, I just meant the bracelets with charms that hang off like this. (Instead of Pandora/bead or Italian charm bracelets.) :)
Thank you for asking ringthings.

My Father was a racing car driver and each of the cars are exact replicas of ones he raced (not all of them). On the rear of the round disc with the St Christopher in ever decreasing circles is engraved the names of some of the race tracks around the world where he raced. So as you can imagine it is incredibly special to me.

Is it heavy? Oh yes! I''ve never weighed it (should do really) but how my Mum wore it for hours and still had normal length arms is beyond me!
9.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
lovely charms, AussieNic

really appropriate for a little girl, without being cutesy or cheap looking. something that will translate elegantly into an adult''s charm bracelet. very pretty - and i love both the mix of charms in general and the eiffel towel charm in particular. :)

rachel9 - WOW!

platinum coat??? my word! love it!

lovely bracelets, ladies!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally, I took some pics of my charm bracelet tonight. Granted, they are not great pics, kind of dark, but here they are. My parents gave me the bracelet, and the palm tree and starfish charms for my college graduation. I have always loved Florida and all things tropical. The manatee is symbolic of a family vacay when my dad and I were sitting on the beach and saw an elusive manatee. The sombrero dude is from a trip to Mexico. The flip flops are from a trip to Jamaica. The beagle is because I''ve had two beagles, I currently have my BFF Daisy. The beach bucket with shovel is from a family vacation as well. I hope to add more to this bracelet in the years to come. My mom says it''s full, but I''d like to load it up completely!

hcharmblet001.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hcharmblet004.JPG

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 9:04:46 PM
Author: whitby_2773
lovely charms, AussieNic

really appropriate for a little girl, without being cutesy or cheap looking. something that will translate elegantly into an adult''s charm bracelet. very pretty - and i love both the mix of charms in general and the eiffel towel charm in particular. :)

rachel9 - WOW!

platinum coat??? my word! love it!

lovely bracelets, ladies!
Yes! Holly Guacamole....RACHEL you are killing me, wouldn''t even bother to ask the price tag on your bracelet.....with all those diamonds!!! THANKS for posting close ups
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

They are all so special, what a great group of inspiration
35.gif

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Lulie, Whitby, AGBF for your kind comments!
Monarch64, I adore the beach bucket, gorgeous bracelet, thanks for posting it
21.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch-

I love your bracelet and I appreciate your posting photos. I do not know if you have the stamina to take any more photos of the bracelet, but if you do, I would like to see more photos. As with Rachel''s bracelet, I have the feeling that your first photo(s) are not showing us everything. The first photo is obviously the correct (or close to the correct) yellow gold color, but it is not close enough to show any detail on the charms. The second photo is closer up, but the color is off and it still isn''t close enough!

If possible, I would love to see a few more photos and really see all of the charms close up. It is a beautiful bracelet (I, also, love the pail) and I really want to look at it! Thank you for posting, Monnie!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 10:22:03 PM
Author: monarch64
Finally, I took some pics of my charm bracelet tonight. Granted, they are not great pics, kind of dark, but here they are. My parents gave me the bracelet, and the palm tree and starfish charms for my college graduation. I have always loved Florida and all things tropical. The manatee is symbolic of a family vacay when my dad and I were sitting on the beach and saw an elusive manatee. The sombrero dude is from a trip to Mexico. The flip flops are from a trip to Jamaica. The beagle is because I''ve had two beagles, I currently have my BFF Daisy. The beach bucket with shovel is from a family vacation as well. I hope to add more to this bracelet in the years to come. My mom says it''s full, but I''d like to load it up completely!

well missy, i just love me some gold charm bracelet! this looks like a good, solid bracelet - and your charms are lovely!

as to your mother''s comment....

''full''??? i can still see *plenty* of empty links! heck, i dont even think *mine* is full! and i can think of quite a number of situations in your life these days that you might consider to be rather...charming...

9.gif

i''m sorry i couldnt respond before now - i haven''t been able to access the PS forums for a few days - i have no idea why. all of a sudden, all now seems well.

so. what would your next charm? i vote ''heart''.

9.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh- just found this thread- haven''t been on PS in a while.
I have 3 charm bracelets- 2 sterling and 1 gold and my mom started a sterling one for my daughter- who is 2!
I will have to snap some pics!

Also - for people looking to "start" a bracelet- if you are looking to do silver, check out ebay- I bought a bunch of vintage/used sterling charm bracelets on e-bay and then dismantled them and swapped charms around and made charm bracelets (took them to a jeweler and had the charms reattached - want to say I was charged $3 or $6 per charm) for most of my wedding party the Christmas after we got married. I still have a BUNCH of old charms and some bracelets in a box somewhere, but it was really fun to put together the bracelets for my friends- I started them out w/ 7 charms each (lucky number.)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my classic charm bracelet. I think I got it in junior high school and added charms to it through high school.

ETA: Note the little treasure chest with "emeralds" and the heart with a "ruby". LOL.

charmbraceletmcy.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That "treasure chest" looks like Cinderella''s coach to me! Are you sure it wasn''t a magic coach changed from a pumpkin to take her to the ball? Great bracelet, Marcy!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Deb. You are right the Cinderella coach has a gem on it too.
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results