shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Mrs. Box with your rings!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
And I think it's just a bad business decision to take on more orders than what your current production line can handle. I'd rather you tell me hey sorry we are "out of stock" please come back later. Give me a $5 discount for a future order as an apology but also to make sure there's an incentive for me to come back when orders have slowed down. Instead they choose to take on all these orders and we see quality sliding as we get to the more recent shipments. And then incur all these return shipping and return orders. AND possibly lost customers who could've been recurring ones :wall:

TheMrsBox

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi OCgirl and Vampira! :)

Thanks so much for your feedback!

We are always trying to refine our process to make our customers happy. Pricescope customers are obviously some of our most discerning and valued customers, which is why we've logged on to really get your feedback and respond!

This collection launch was much bigger than we anticipated. We are still a small business so we were fairly overwhelmed with orders this time around, which is why our processing times were a little longer than usual. We hand check EVERY SINGLE box, but with such a huge launch, in order to get orders out as quickly as possible, a few boxes may have slipped through that wouldn't normally meet our quality standard. For that, we so apologize! We'd love the chance to send you a better box before you decide whether or not you'll return, but we totally understand! So sorry that the quality let you down, but we promise that we are really incredibly passionate about our product and are pulling out our hair trying to make sure each box is entirely perfect. Unfortunately with a handmade product, there are always going to be variances. This kills us, but we are always working hard to do our best with customer service.

OCgirl, even if your box is monogrammed, we are happy to send you a new box to let you try out another.

We really appreciate your feedback. Please know we are working super hard to get our quality absolutely perfect! Believe it or not, we've made huge strides in this area from our previous collections. Our new velvet is just a little more unforgiving and makes flaws much easier to see, so we are working hard on adjusting the kinks!

Thanks so much you all for being great customers. We really appreciate it! Let me know if you have any other questions/concerns. We're all ears. :)

xoxo

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
TheMrsBox|1441406038|3923744 said:
Hi OCgirl and Vampira! :)

Thanks so much for your feedback!

We are always trying to refine our process to make our customers happy. Pricescope customers are obviously some of our most discerning and valued customers, which is why we've logged on to really get your feedback and respond!

This collection launch was much bigger than we anticipated. We are still a small business so we were fairly overwhelmed with orders this time around, which is why our processing times were a little longer than usual. We hand check EVERY SINGLE box, but with such a huge launch, in order to get orders out as quickly as possible, a few boxes may have slipped through that wouldn't normally meet our quality standard. For that, we so apologize! We'd love the chance to send you a better box before you decide whether or not you'll return, but we totally understand! So sorry that the quality let you down, but we promise that we are really incredibly passionate about our product and are pulling out our hair trying to make sure each box is entirely perfect. Unfortunately with a handmade product, there are always going to be variances. This kills us, but we are always working hard to do our best with customer service.

OCgirl, even if your box is monogrammed, we are happy to send you a new box to let you try out another.

We really appreciate your feedback. Please know we are working super hard to get our quality absolutely perfect! Believe it or not, we've made huge strides in this area from our previous collections. Our new velvet is just a little more unforgiving and makes flaws much easier to see, so we are working hard on adjusting the kinks!

Thanks so much you all for being great customers. We really appreciate it! Let me know if you have any other questions/concerns. We're all ears. :)

xoxo

Mrs Box,

I do appreciate the response. I know starting a business is hard and things can be unpredictable. I do love my box and look forward to get at least another one for my other ring. So I do hope everything can be sorted out so my beloved rings can have cute homes in the near future! :))

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
OCgirl, thanks for posting your Nouvelle box.

I just got mine today and am torn as well. Upon further inspection (compared to my new Roosevelt) the quality on it may be a bit better than my Roosevelt. The grain is straight and I don't notice any glue. My disappointment is the two tone color thing that happens in the cushion area. At certain angles the velvet there looks yellowy (i.e. like old/stained velvet that discolored) You might notice it in the second picture, it seems hard to capture via photography. Since you didn't mention it I assume you don't think yours casts a sickly yellow color in the cushion area?

After reading through this thread I now notice the grain the Roosevelt could be straighter and I can feel the glue on the seem, but cannot see it. I wonder if I should be concerned that the glue would yellow as it ages? I would certainly be unhappy if that happened. Maybe TheMrsBox could answer this question?

It sure seems a velvet that stands up straight is the better option.

img_9217.jpg

img_9218.jpg

Vampira

Rough_Rock
OCgirl, thanks for the commiseration! It's very disappointing to look forward to something so much and then be greeted by so many defects. I love the color of the velvet and, while I never felt any of the vintage velvets, I think it has a very nice texture. In theory, I love The Mrs Box. Just not at all in execution, here. :wall:

TheMrsBox, thank you very much for reaching out to me over email and on this forum. I like the style and size of your product, as I have a small vintage ring, and I was hoping to love my Ellington. I'd be willing to exchange instead of ask for a refund, but only if the quality control was assured. Huge congratulations are obviously in order for your success, but realistically, is it possible for you to make replacements for the defective products you've sent out that will be up to your quality standards at this time?

mrsbox5.jpg

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Vampira said:
I'd be willing to exchange instead of ask for a refund, but only if the quality control was assured. Huge congratulations are obviously in order for your success, but realistically, is it possible for you to make replacements for the defective products you've sent out that will be up to your quality standards at this time?

Exactly, already you can see many of us here are having the same issues. I even had issues with my first box earlier this year (crooked initial, and crooked stamp inside the lid), again both quality control issues. Yes you sent out another box, and yes it was better. But now, again I'm going through the same thing after giving you another chance with my newest order. Sigh :|

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
@The Mrs Box:
I really appreciate how proactive you guys are being with the posts here and with the customer service. Top notch, really. Growing pains are tough, and we are not the average customer here. Thank you so much for your posts and the hard work you guys are doing to get things handled.

Vampira

Rough_Rock
I don't mean to be overly critical or harsh, because obviously there's a lot to love about the product. But I think anyone who paid $75 and received a box with issues like mine would be pretty unsatisfied, and I'm worried about going through an exchange when the company is already so overloaded. Communication and customer service from The Mrs Box has been nothing but lovely, and is very appreciated. It shows huge dedication to your #Perfectionist followers.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
SO pretty!!! Hard to see the stones but it's a great combo.

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
This thread and the other Mrs Box threads that have cropped on PS recently can be credited/blamed for a recent impulse purchase...

I just received the box -- a Victoire, with a silver monogram. This will be a present for an upcoming anniversary, so no ring pictures yet, but I thought some pictures of the box would be relevant to the discussions of color changes and workmanship.

Before receiving the box, I was concerned that the pink color would be too fuchsia (based on the website images), but it is more of a bubble-gum pink, which is what I was looking for. As shown below, the color does change depending on the angle, and the fuchsia-ish hue appears only at a very specific angle:

victoire_4views.png

The interior looked fine to me. I tried lightly poking the foam to see if the velvet would separate from the edge (as in Vampira's Ellington), but did not notice anything amiss. Here is a picture of the interior:

victoire_interior.png

The last picture is the "scariest". In this close-up macro shot, the velvet looks a bit frayed at the seam. To my eyes, without magnification, I do not notice the fraying, however. The first set of pictures above (showing the color changes from 4 angles) is more indicative of how the seams appear to my eyes. I do see a slight "S"curve shape to one of the seams (i.e., it is not perfectly straight), but it does not bother me, knowing that it is a handmade product. Also, to my fingers, I feel no glue residue along the seams.

victoire_seams.png

Overall, I'm happy with the color and quality of the product. I would consider a return only if the fraying became significantly worse with time (e.g., if it becomes noticeable to the naked eye after a short time of use). It remains to be seen whether my fiancee's ring will fit into this tiny box, but if it doesn't we can always use it for the wedding band. :mrgreen:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I sent all six of my boxes back today. Customer service was very nice and free returns are handy. I hope they can get me new Brightstone, Windemere, and Scarlett boxes that don't have fraying edges and unglued corners. I wasn't too excited about the other colors I got, with the two-tone issue. And the Ellington I wanted to love wasn't the color green I expected. My DH liked the Windemere, though, so we'll see. I'm willing to give it another try.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1441808006.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1441808152.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Here's mine!! Just arrived in sunny Australia! Yippee!

_34242.jpg

_34243.jpg

_34244.jpg

_34245.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Motownmama, drk14, and Lauren, I love your boxes, the colors are beautiful, and your rings look so pretty in them.

Sorry to read others are disappointed - I haven't purchased one yet, but I've made a few and I've had problems with the ribbon fraying, it is tricky to work with. I hope those that are reordering are happier the second time around.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
laurenk, in your 1st and 3rd photos along the top edge of the inside of the box is that just a trick of the light or is the velvet slightly frayed? I'm not trying to make you paranoid, I just kinda want one of these and held off due to the quality control and pain of international shipping.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Yup.

I was going to buy a few more boxes but with all these quality issues, I think I'm going to hold off as well.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Rhea|1442133892|3927109 said:
laurenk, in your 1st and 3rd photos along the top edge of the inside of the box is that just a trick of the light or is the velvet slightly frayed? I'm not trying to make you paranoid, I just kinda want one of these and held off due to the quality control and pain of international shipping.

That's exactly how most of my boxes looked--the velvet that covers the pillowy part that holds the ring wasn't glued down so the unfinished edges showed, and they were fraying, which made me a little nervous that they could continue fraying. Maybe I am just extra paranoid, but I wasn't comfortable with that level of "finishing," which is why all six boxes went back.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I did it! I pulled the trigger. Just placed my first ever "The Mrs Box" order. I've been lurking and have been hesitant with the quality control issues they have been having. But I felt like enough time has passed to where they hopefully have all the "kinks" worked out. I'll let you all know how it goes once I have the box in hand and can inspect it. :bigsmile:

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
Here's mine -- can't remember the name of my color, but it's a very lovely rich purple.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1443787264.jpg

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I received my replacements for my Brightstone, Scarlett, and Windemere boxes. This round looks SO much better--I'd say definitely give them a chance if you got a box that wasn't quite right for whatever reason, because this new set of three look really good. :love: I have decided, however, to only keep the Brightstone, as I think my ring(s) look best in the navy. Maybe I'll get another color in the spring for my birthday or something (or maybe they'll make a coral one for a spring collection? Here's hoping!). Attached photos are all of my 5 stone ring outside under a tree, with my 7x Olloclip macro lens on my iPhone 5s.

I will say that it might not be totally fair to take macro shots, since all the little details get magnified to a large degree, but these boxes really are very lovely and those of us looking for absolute perfection under a macro lens might just need to accept that these are handmade, and put the macro lenses away (hmm, that refrain sounds familiar...). ;))

_34756.jpg

fullsizerender__1_5.jpg

fullsizerender__2_9.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The navy is SO PRETTY.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1444049500|3934961 said:
The navy is SO PRETTY.

Ooh yes I LOVE the navy. It really makes the diamonds pop! :love:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
So it's not a Mrs Box, but have any of you gotten/seen the new handmade velvet boxes from JuliaB on etsy? I ordered one and it arrived a couple of days ago, and I love it. It's bigger than the Mrs Boxes, has two slots instead of just one, and the quality is much better than latest batch of Mrs Boxes. And they're half the price!

Thought you all might be interested! I stumbled across them by accident and I'm so glad I did. I just ordered another one today.

uploadfromtaptalk1444416446512.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1444416504|3936716 said:
So it's not a Mrs Box, but have any of you gotten/seen the new handmade velvet boxes from JuliaB on etsy? I ordered one and it arrived a couple of days ago, and I love it. It's bigger than the Mrs Boxes, has two slots instead of just one, and the quality is much better than latest batch of Mrs Boxes. And they're half the price!

Thought you all might be interested! I stumbled across them by accident and I'm so glad I did. I just ordered another one today.

Wow that is really pretty star sparkle! Beautiful color and looks well-made; really nice to be able to store a wedding set in one box.

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
junebug17|1444419320|3936742 said:
star sparkle|1444416504|3936716 said:

Wow that is really pretty star sparkle! Beautiful color and looks well-made; really nice to be able to store a wedding set in one box.

I loved the vintage velvet quality of the first few batches of Mrs. Boxes- now that they are using "premium" velvet instead, I am way more open to checking out others. Excited to check out the colors JuliaB has!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that's gorgeous, star sparkle! Your rings look beautiful in the box. Thanks a bunch for sharing! I ordered one!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently ordered two boxes - the Victoire and the Nouvelle. I have mixed feelings about the Mrs Box.

I love the Victoire - the delicate pink is beautiful and I see no problems with the quality on this box. I <3 this ring box so much! It made me realize what the fuss is about.

As for the Nouvelle, I just emailed to see if I could return it. I love the minty green color in some lighting, but a lot of the time, the velvet of top of the ring pillow had a weird striped effect that made it two-tone yellowish green (like it was dirty or something!). I didn't even photograph the two-tone color because I found it so ugly. :( Moreover, when I put my ring into the box, the velvet popped out and I could see the frayed threads on the side and the stuffing underneath, similar to what Vampira experienced with her Ellington. For $75, I expect at least quality that's on par with the FREE boxes that I get when I buy jewelry... I'm very disappointed with this box, as I had such high expectations for it and I love mint green colors. I think I will try to exchange it for a Windermere since I'm not confident that exchanging it for a new Nouvelle would solve the two-tone yellow-green problem. :cry:

I will wait and see how Mrs Box responds to my email request for an exchange. Unfortunately I ordered the boxes and had it shipped to my SIL when I was visiting her in the US last week. Now I'm back in Hong Kong so now it's an international return/exchange. Argh.. :( I had hoped both boxes would be perfect. I would have returned The Nouvelle immediately while I was still in the US had I noticed the problem with it earlier.. *sigh* I had read everyone's previous reviews with much trepidation and wariness, but decided to give the Mrs Box a chance anyway in the hopes that the quality issues had been sorted out. I love the Victoire, but the disappointment with the Nouvelle makes me hesitant to purchase from them again until the time if/when the Quality Control issues are sorted out. $75 is not cheap for a box that has inconsistent quality and insufficient velvet and fraying threads... :angryfire:

12145454_886426951452538_2029232464_n.jpg 12135475_786877364754904_1226168876_n.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
star sparkle said:

Star Sparkle, you inspired me to look into this. I've loved the Mrs. Boxes but really wanted a box with two slots. I had a hard time deciding the color, but ended up choosing the Coral. Is that the color shown in your picture? Sorry to be a copy-cat, but both my kids and I thought it would look best with my rings. I'm curious as to which other color you ordered. I really loved the light blue (sky?), too.

Anyway, I'm thrilled there is another less expensive option with two slots out there. Thank you for posting!

Edit to add: Your rings are absolutely gorgeous, too! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results