Show us your Holiday Tree

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20231112_200757.jpg

20231114_010225.jpg

This is now his favorite spot...
20231118_185420.jpg

Omg this is DIVINE. Or avian. Or both. Love the colors, proportions, all of it. The cage ornaments and the larger cage at the base really make it! Well done.

I have to tell you, one of my father’s “Kobe” presents to my mother was a beautiful music box of caged birds that sang instead of a time being played. I just happened to find it and am posting the link. When I was very small, I wanted nothing more than to play with that music box. Obviously it wasn’t meant for children’s hands, so there were VERY few occasions I asked to see/listen to it and was indulged. Thank you for sharing your beautiful tree!

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Omg this is DIVINE. Or avian. Or both. Love the colors, proportions, all of it. The cage ornaments and the larger cage at the base really make it! Well done.

I have to tell you, one of my father’s “Kobe” presents to my mother was a beautiful music box of caged birds that sang instead of a time being played. I just happened to find it and am posting the link. When I was very small, I wanted nothing more than to play with that music box. Obviously it wasn’t meant for children’s hands, so there were VERY few occasions I asked to see/listen to it and was indulged. Thank you for sharing your beautiful tree!

Thank you, I love all things that are bird themed. My hall tree ledge...
20231124_115109.jpg

And my tree from a few years ago..
20211110_204659.jpeg

And oh my gosh Monarch, that music box is exquisite!! Did you/will you be inheriting it? That is such an heirloom piece...maybe even better than jewelry. ;-)

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is last years tree and the year before. We have not put up a tree yet. I’m tempted to put up a Barbie pink tree that I got sale last year from King of Christmas but I don’t really have decorations for it. I guess we shall see! IMG_0833.png IMG_0831.png IMG_0832.png

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20231202_205314.jpg
We put up our tree today, I love Christmas decorating with the kids.

20191201_095053.jpg
A few years ago, after our tiny hurricane (cat) was left unattended with the poor, defenceless tree for all of an hour!

FB_IMG_1701511188076.jpg
One of my favourite ornaments...the tree is littered with butterflies and gold dragonflies, but this silver one is a special reminder of a dear friend who passed away this time a few years ago. She adored dragonflies.

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Put up my tree this afternoon. This year’s theme is gold and crystals (fake). It looks much nicer in real life than in photo. Trust me!!

Now it is time to fill up the bottom with presents.

3CA60791-2129-48FB-92A1-FBB67097B59C.jpeg

2C802EC1-F4CC-4A5C-9CF6-D20F87578BF6.jpeg

B162CEB9-84A3-4234-8A4F-482A46193F2A.jpeg

54D4C092-0D39-44B4-AAD9-01CB283255D0.jpeg

Last edited:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
today is December first
i still cant do it

I feel you on this too!! I got ours up right after Thanksgiving because I knew I’d just keep pushing it off and that’s way too easy with kids and work. Last year I didn’t get tree up until a week before Christmas. Whatever you can do is enough! My mantel and outdoor lanterns are still in their autumn decor from LAST YEAR :lol:

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
@CMN Absolutely love your Christmas decorations, very Melbourne/Sydney inner city aesthetic!
Just got back from spending 5 days in Sydney - We spent time with close friends who live in The Rocks. Your photos remind me of their home & I’m missing them terribly (along with eating at ‘Bennelong’ at the OH, visiting Lavender Bay, spending at Paspaley & staying in the Harbour Club Suite at the FS).
Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I love seeing all the trees! My son and family are moving out this week after 16 months. They built a new house! I will be doing a deep clean before decorating and putting up a tree. And figure out when to get multiple batches of cookie dough made. Can’t get much done with the 2 1/2 year old here. “I help you Grandmom!” All day long. lol

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I put the tree up for the lights a week ago--gets dark here early--but threw on few decorations today. Mostly the stuff my DS made when he was in grade school--and stuff from our travels. I really don't want much. I did buy two huge red poinsettias though! Might be another one in my future.....white or candy-cane..... LOL (I still have 3 pumpkins LOL and they are under the tree)

cheers--Sharon

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I feel terrible, but I haven't done jacksh*t:lol:
I think we may throw up the tree this weekend. I also have to make some cookies for a charity event and I'm dragging my feet.
I don't even know where this is originally from, but if I could get away with it I would.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Borris found the xmas wreath by getting her claw stuck in it, she's not a drama Queen cat but it was a bit of an eposode
ive fixed the wreath up
but if i put it up too early the Pōhutukawa flowers will fade in the sun
the front door gets very strong afternoon sun
i leave it up till new year

in xmas tree news im thinking of just defaulting to the fiber optic one, its over 20 years old but Gary still enjoys it when its up and its kitty proff
we will see what happens ....
i will get the nativity out soon, i have two large ones, trying to remember which one was out last year so i can use the other

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @jeaniefish & @Dandi :kiss2: It looks WAY more spectacular than I imagined it to look!

As you can imagine, it’s been a blank canvas this year & we’ve had to start from scratch, so I had to walk around & plan before setting off to the Xmas wholesale place. Illuminating the big stairs is definitely my favourite thing so far & it feels a bit Downton Abbey when you go up or down.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we may throw up the tree this weekend. I also have to make some cookies for a charity event and I'm dragging my feet.
I don't even know where this is originally from, but if I could get away with it I would.
fac7c6_10007d8f570943d29c739e052fa1b8d7_mv2.gif

Don’t feel terrible! In recent years past, I have only done trees or decorated because I have a young child. If that had not been a motivator I would’ve done either very little or nothing at all. It can be a pain in the ass!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Don’t feel terrible! In recent years past, I have only done trees or decorated because I have a young child. If that had not been a motivator I would’ve done either very little or nothing at all. It can be a pain in the ass!

It is:lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ItsMainelyYou, listen, if I didn’t have kids then this would be the only tree in my house.

Last year I was so bah that DH and the kids put the tree up so yeah, not terrible at all :lol:

728EBD2D-7207-4D1D-B0D5-201A56303851.jpeg

Piper70

Shiny_Rock

I enjoy decorating for Christmas and baking all the cookies, etc. But in 2014, our son played in a college football bowl game in Detroit on December 27 so we were gone for Christmas and I did not put up a tree or decorate. It was amazing!! Lesson learned, I have taken all the decorating, etc. down a notch unless I’m entertaining or my grandkids get old enough to appreciate it.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I think this is part of it, the youngest is 16, the other is in college. As they get older, they want less but somehow the cost keeps increasing. There is no mass of presents anymore.
There are still a bunch of little nieces/nephews/cousins so they still pull out the stops for the family gatherings. Eh, we'll go look at their decorations soon.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is part of it, the youngest is 16, the other is in college. As they get older, they want less but somehow the cost keeps increasing. There is no mass of presents anymore.
There are still a bunch of little nieces/nephews/cousins so they still pull out the stops for the family gatherings. Eh, we'll go look at their decorations soon.

Not to threadjack or derail but I do feel your pain on the presents. This year the our 16 year old asked for:

A computer
A PS5

The nine year old asked for:

An IPad
Mario Wonder Game
About $400 in Legos

So fewer presents but way more money!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to threadjack or derail but I do feel your pain on the presents. This year the our 16 year old asked for:

A computer
A PS5

The nine year old asked for:

An IPad
Mario Wonder Game
About $400 in Legos

So fewer presents but way more money!

Parents should have an “opt out” button for this sh*t.

My ex is Jewish so my DD gets Hanukkah gifts before Christmas and is satisfied before the Santa stuff. Not saying this as a flex but it sure is nice to have the other parent doing the bulk of the gifting. Lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results