shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your high jewelry!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I'm fascinated by the beauty and design of high jewelry. I especially love intricate settings and art forward designs with lots of different stones - both diamonds and gemstones. Would love to see the high jewelry that PSers have!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
This may be a dumb question, but what is considered high jewelry? Does the term mean modern/abstract, or super expensive (like the Harry Winston ads one sees in upscale magazines?) Or a combo of both?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
This may be a dumb question, but what is considered high jewelry? Does the term mean modern/abstract, or super expensive (like the Harry Winston ads one sees in upscale magazines?) Or a combo of both?

This is the best definition I've found of high jewelry:

I tend to identify it as something super fabulous and unique. To me, it doesn't have to be a brand name, but it is often expensive given the stones, design, and workmanship.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
This is the best definition I've found of high jewelry:

I tend to identify it as something super fabulous and unique. To me, it doesn't have to be a brand name, but it is often expensive given the stones, design, and workmanship.

Gotcha.

I don't think I own any.

But I can't wait to see what other people post. Remember that PSer who owned the 2.5-ish ct blue diamond ring? She had amazing high jewelry!

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I follow a guy on Instagram who has amazing high jewelry. Check out "efrenstyle". But, (warning) he lives an alternative lifestyle, (his page contains nudity and crossdressing) so if that type of thing offends you, don't visit his page.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is what I thinking when I hear “high jewelry.” Utterly fantastical!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I own none! But it would be the highest end jewels that VCA, HW, Graff, Cartier, and other top luxury jewelers produce.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gotcha.

I don't think I own any.

But I can't wait to see what other people post. Remember that PSer who owned the 2.5-ish ct blue diamond ring? She had amazing high jewelry!
Yes, still waiting to see the GIA color report...:whistle: It isn't everyday we PSers get see a intense blue IF diamond ring worth over $2 million.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
The VCA high jewelry is gorgeous! Are there non-branded jewelers that create this type/style of jewelry, perhaps with less expensive stones?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Yes, still waiting to see the GIA color report...:whistle: It isn't everyday we PSers get see a intense blue IF diamond ring worth over $2 million.

Gah where was that?!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, but I sure like to look at it.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
@Bron357 Beautiful! Love the flashes of color in the opal and the intricacies of the setting!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Your ring is better than “high jewellery” it’s museum quality.
Apart from its maker, Cartier, that Australian Black Opal is simply superb.
Opals are judged by the amount of Red shown (red is the rarest colour because it requires the largest size silica sphere to form undisturbed) and the amount of visible colourplay. Your opal is essentially 100% colourplay and that is rare. Combined with substantial red and eye pleasing pattern, it’s a true wonder and miracle of nature.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Gorgeous!!! Your opal ring is one of my all time PS favorites!!

Thank you!

Opals are judged by the amount of Red shown (red is the rarest colour because it requires the largest size silica sphere to form undisturbed) and the amount of visible colourplay. Your opal is essentially 100% colourplay and that is rare. Combined with substantial red and eye pleasing pattern, it’s a true wonder and miracle of nature.

Thanks so much @Bron357 that means a lot coming from you. ❤️

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Some older articles I remember reading and ogling at the pieces:

Chanel:

Various brands:

I’ll love to have a Cindy Chao! Alas, beer budget but champagne taste...

TravelKat

Rough_Rock

I did remember the ask for it but by the time I got everything back in it’s place once the remodel was done I just didn’t feel safe sharing anything anymore. I know a lot of people share certs, and I know this is probably dumb, I just really hadn’t thought about the valuation of that stone and the others in my collection until things went properly crazy in March. With the pandemic all the non-stop travel stopped and I had a lot more time to enjoy the forum so I was tempted to share it, or at least share why I hadn’t, a few times over the months. But, I actually thought there is so much else going on, probably no one cares. Lol. And, tbh, I thought admitting how scary things felt in the forum might seem weird. But I have to just own the fact that the world just seems on edge and I’m feeling less safe then I used to.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow. You’re so knowledgeable @Bron357

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results