shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your collection!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So things have been slow. I suspect many of us have curtailed spending what with falling exchange rates (for us non-Americans), global economic uncertainty, local economic uncertainty, and maybe we all just finally spent ourselves out. Either that or we've all moved on to other (non-pearl) obsessions. In any case, I thought it would be fun to start a way to show off things that we have that we've probably posted before...but you can never have too much eye candy, right?

So I'll start:

My AP silver/grey Tahitians (I love this strand, but it doesn't photograph as beautifully as it should)

Oooh, a blast from the past! My two Tahitian strands from the PP 2014 August 'Loot 2" sale! The top strand is a blue-green body colour, peacock overtone 18 inch strand (it was a little short in this picture and I have since had it lengthened so now it nests nicely with the other strand if I want it to), and the bottom strand is a green body colour, peacock overtone 20 inch strand (my first Tahitian strand). Both range from 10-12 mm I believe (but the bottom strand is a bit bigger as it is more drop shaped).

Here's my multicolour strand from that same sale. It will also nest fairly well with the 20 inch strand (although I have to confess that I am boring and conservative in my jewelry choices and tend to wear them all as single strands).

_37697.jpg

double_strand_5_cropped_1.jpg

muti-colour_strand__cropped_colour_brightened.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More pictures from the past! This time is my AP triple high grade freshwater pearls. This strand makes me feel like I'm an extra in Downton Abbey! Paired with my freshwater pearl earrings from DH (2014 Christmas present).

box picture:

And some random metallic white drop earring pictures (PP):

Oooh, and who could forget my 'ironic' pearls? (PP large metallics paired with a small metallic rope, doubled - worn to an infamous Christmas party of DH's, where I was asked totally straight faced by a hipster whether I was wearing them 'ironically'. Needless to say, I drank heavily after that to cope):

necks_shot_better_0.jpg

box_1.jpg

earrings_19.jpg

triple_no_jacket_0.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More Tahitians:

My Pure Pearls mulicolour strand. Possible one of the most worn strands I own:

I also wear these earrings regularly (my American diamond huggies with American Pearl Tahitian drops)

You know what's funny...those of you who remember me will probably remember the traumatic hair cut of 2014 where my way past shoulder length hair was accidentally cut into a chin length bob...and while I was quite upset at the time, in looking back at my pictures I'm thinking how cute it actually was, and even more...how much better it showed off the pearls! Hmmmm....

indirect_1.jpg

neck_shot_42.jpg

fullsizerender__003_0.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And my Birks pearl rope. I need to wear this one more (this is reminding me how much I liked it).

The forbidden pendant and Spudnik (from a small shop discovered while waiting for my iphone battery to be changed). I had some explaining to do when I got home!!! (DH rather rhetorically asked "who ELSE goes to the apple store and comes home with pearls???") um, me. I need to remind myself to wear these more.

triple_neck_5.jpg

pendant_19.jpg

side_view_spudnik_0.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaand, what I've been wearing most recently:

PP WSS strand and earrings (I loooooove these. People stare when I wear them).

This is not a great neck shot, but it's the one I have here at work:

And my Tahitian stud earrings:

_37698.jpg

neck_close_0.jpg

in_box__small_0.jpg

fullsizerender__005_0.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so there is more (because I'm *this* close to becoming a hoarder), but I'd love to see everyone else's eye candy too. C'mon. You guys know you want to!!! You all have beautiful collections for us to drool over! Let's put them all in one place!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I'll play!!! Ill break this up into different posts!

First

Pendants and Adopted Children

fullsizerender-170.jpg
fullsizerender_149.jpg

img_5717.jpg
fullsizerender_147.jpg
img_5472_0.jpg
fullsizerender-133.jpg
img_3245.jpg
img_2354-2.jpg
fullsizerender_1_32.jpg
img_1499.jpg
fullsizerender_3_5.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Next Up

Strands

fullsizerender-162.jpg
fullsizerender-149.jpg
img_3854.jpg
fullsizerender-130.jpg
img_3149.jpg
fullsizerender_126.jpg
fullsizerender-116.jpg
img_1208.jpg
fullsizerender_78.jpg
fullsizerender-66.jpg
fullsizerender-48_4.jpg
fullsizerender-28.jpg
photo-7_4.jpg
photo_3_81.jpg

I might have missed a few

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Tin Cups and Bar Necklaces

fullsizerender-161.jpg
photo-26.jpg
fullsizerender-43_1.jpg
fullsizerender-51_0.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Rings, Earrings, Bracelets and misc

photo_2_113.jpg
img_2450_0.jpg
fullsizerender-79.jpg
img_2123.jpg
fullsizerender_1_37.jpg
111myharveststrand.jpg

also there are a few more but I don't want to spend all afternoon searching through pictures

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suddenly I'm feeling the need for a big pendant! I love your mabe ring too. You bought that direct from Douglas, right?

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I AM LOVING THIS!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1467753018|4051758 said:
Suddenly I'm feeling the need for a big pendant! I love your mabe ring too. You bought that direct from Douglas, right?

Yes, it wasn't listed on his site. I want to contact him and get a matching set of earrings soon!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Also CMD I always love gazing at your amazing collection

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a collection to post too, my pearl friend!

I found a particularly good picture of my silver-blue Tahitians. They aren't quite this way in most lights. They're smaller than my other strands but the color pops out on them.

_4675.jpeg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1467765432|4051813 said:
cmd2014|1467753018|4051758 said:

Yes, it wasn't listed on his site. I want to contact him and get a matching set of earrings soon!

Earrings would be fantastic! I love the chunky band paired with the more delicate bezel...and those colors!

I wish I had your creativity. I love how your harvest strand and bracelet combo turned out. Today was a nice reminder of some pieces I had forgotten (yours and mine). I hope other people want to join in!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Wow gorgeous collections ladies!

Cmd - I absolutely love your Pure Pearls multicolour Tahitians (they look a stunning blue green to me) and the American Pearl Tahitian drops. The colours are spectacular. Are your Huggies also from AP?

Ckrickett - wow your Tahitian harvest strand is a work of art. Do you have a thread on it?

It's winter here so no daylight after work unfortunately but I'll try to post some photos on the weekend! :wavey:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Siameseroo|1467794115|4051969 said:
Wow gorgeous collections ladies!

Cmd - I absolutely love your Pure Pearls multicolour Tahitians (they look a stunning blue green to me) and the American Pearl Tahitian drops. The colours are spectacular. Are your Huggies also from AP?

Ckrickett - wow your Tahitian harvest strand is a work of art. Do you have a thread on it?

It's winter here so no daylight after work unfortunately but I'll try to post some photos on the weekend! :wavey:

Yes, my huggies are from American Diamond (a subsidiary of American Pearl). When you go to the American Pearl website there is a tab for American Diamonds that will take you into the site. If you are thinking of getting some, my recommendation would be to upgrade the diamond quality. I didn't notice that option when I bought mine, and on close inspection one of the very bottom diamonds has a visible inclusion that kind of bothers me (you can't see it when it's on, but in my mind I know it's there). In hindsight, I wish I had paid the small upcharge for better quality melee.

If you want to buy the pearl drops to go on the huggies, the way to do this is on the WSS Kate earrings page. You can buy the pearls and their (different) huggies (styled to match the Kate earrings more closely) or just the pearls themselves. The pearls come in WSS, a whole bunch of Tahitian colours, and freshwaters (under the customization tab) and you can get them with either yellow or white gold findings. The huggies come in yellow and white gold (14 or 18K) as well as platinum I think.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks cmd! Huggies with drops are on my wish list and yours are lovely. Thanks for the tip on the diamonds too.

LtypeI

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oh my goodness, what fabulous collections you both have! CMD your Tahitians are incredible, and ckrickett you know how I love all of those gorgeous pendants of yours!

I'll dig through my collection and see what I can post - my etsy shop is basically dead but I think I can't post stuff that I made myself bcs I'm technically trade? I'll see what I have that I can post here, though.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes please! :bigsmile:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My collection is huge so I'll stick to some favorites.

img_12248.jpg

hisanoakoya.jpg

ccripples1.jpg

_37755.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ccpinkpeachripples.jpg

_37756.jpg

_37757.jpg

_37758.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

_37759.jpg

ppmixedss.jpg

ppfwrope.jpg

ppbluebakoya1.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

_37760.jpg

ppdoublescreamer.jpg

rosebudgroup10.jpg

_37761.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your collection BN. I aspire to be as considered in my purchases as you are with yours. I love how you think ahead and buy double or coordinating strands. I always talk myself out of this and regret it later. Those baroque white Akoyas look perfect on you, as do the blues and your tiny Vietnamese strands too. I love Pkkinew's rehomed items on you as well. The GSS/WSS strand just glows on you, as does the Tahitian and white strand. And those Golay strands!!! Holy cow!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

_37762.jpg

_37763.jpg

ccsilvripples.jpg

ppwhitesoufflerng.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

soc10.jpg

pptandwss.jpg

ppsoufflering4.jpg

ppedbaroques1.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

pppistachiop.jpg

ppshorttincup.jpg

_37764.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1468183642|4054071 said:
I love your collection BN. I aspire to be as considered in my purchases as you are with yours. I love how you think ahead and buy double or coordinating strands. I always talk myself out of this and regret it later. Those baroque white Akoyas look perfect on you, as do the blues and your tiny Vietnamese strands too. I love Pkkinew's rehomed items on you as well. The GSS/WSS strand just glows on you, as does the Tahitian and white strand. And those Golay strands!!! Holy cow!

Aww, thanks cmd! I can say the same things about your purchases : )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results