shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Off Your 'D' Colored Diamonds!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
ringenvy|1394671683|3632990 said:
My icy D colored 1.30 carat VS center stone oval with D colored half moons. The eternity band is 1.9 carats/E colored.

Ovals w/ half moons and three stone ovals are two of my favorite styles!! More pics please :D !

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
soxfan|1394719812|3633249 said:
My D color .87 VS2 marquis

Soxfan, I had to pause and tell you that I love your set and wish you'd post hand shots as well. I've never seen a halo'd marquise, and yours is beautiful :cheeky: :love: !!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
endless_summer|1394997374|3635326 said:
I have really enjoyed looking at all of this icy eye candy! Really every single one of you has a lovely ring that I'm sure you'll enjoy for many years to come!!!

Thank you endless_summer, it's just fun to have a site to share sparklies w/ other jewelry lovers :wavey: !

I must admit that there were so few D's being posted at first that I began to think that maybe "D" is the most underrated color vs G or I or J LOL :lol:.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madam B - the colors coming from that Asscher are everything I love about a perfectly cut diamond.

Roxy - You are very lucky to have that stunning set! Do the diamonds go all the way around? As you know, I was extremely precise with what I wanted too, which amazes my non-jewellery friends when all I have to show for it is, well, my original diamond in a perfectly ordinary looking new ring! But I appreciate every detail of this ring every day. It doesn't leave my hand. It could have always be a bigger rock of course, but I was quite specific about stats & didn't want to compromise on my 'ideal' stone with the budget I had when we went looking for it originally. So I share the journey you had with GOG with my fab jeweler here in the UK. I hope to add more rings if we win the Lottery, but my big bottomed pear will always be my engagement ring :love: Keep taking pictures!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I'm loving the sight of all the D-lightful, D-lish D-D-DiamonDs. Do keep them coming, please. :cheeky: :love: :appl: :bigsmile:

Jimmianne|1395060391|3635725 said:
Here is my 0.60 D. She has a long & winding story which makes her all the more special to me.

I thought you sold that one. :confused:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1395144593|3636361 said:
I'm loving the sight of all the D-lightful, D-lish D-D-DiamonDs. Do keep them coming, please. :cheeky: :love: :appl: :bigsmile:

Here is my 0.60 D. She has a long & winding story which makes her all the more special to me.

I thought you sold that one. :confused:

Andelain. yes, but heart-to-heart with buyer...could tell buyer really wanted a larger stone, we cancelled the sale.
meanwhile, had been sent to JA for sizing... it has just come back from JA, where it was resized, reset & the appraisal upgraded. =)

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roxy|1395107204|3636179 said:
soxfan|1394719812|3633249 said:
My D color .87 VS2 marquis

Soxfan, I had to pause and tell you that I love your set and wish you'd post hand shots as well. I've never seen a halo'd marquise, and yours is beautiful :cheeky: :love: !!

Thanks, that is my old set. I traded in the wedding band and wear the marquis ring as a cocktail ring. ;-)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gothgrrl|1395083724|3635949 said:
Madam Bijoux, that emerald cut diamond is stunning!

Thanks, Gothgrrl!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1395138387|3636323 said:
Madam B - the colors coming from that Asscher are everything I love about a perfectly cut diamond.

Roxy - You are very lucky to have that stunning set! Do the diamonds go all the way around? As you know, I was extremely precise with what I wanted too, which amazes my non-jewellery friends when all I have to show for it is, well, my original diamond in a perfectly ordinary looking new ring! But I appreciate every detail of this ring every day. It doesn't leave my hand. It could have always be a bigger rock of course, but I was quite specific about stats & didn't want to compromise on my 'ideal' stone with the budget I had when we went looking for it originally. So I share the journey you had with GOG with my fab jeweler here in the UK. I hope to add more rings if we win the Lottery, but my big bottomed pear will always be my engagement ring :love: Keep taking pictures!

Thank you, Alex T.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks! And yes, the bands are full eternities. All 3 rings have diamonds going all the way around.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a little D coming soon!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1395214992|3637116 said:
I have a little D coming soon!!

Hope you post a photo when it arrives!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Jimmianne|1395156746|3636462 said:
Andelain. yes, but heart-to-heart with buyer...could tell buyer really wanted a larger stone, we cancelled the sale.
meanwhile, had been sent to JA for sizing... it has just come back from JA, where it was resized, reset & the appraisal upgraded. =)

If it ever needs a new home where it's loved and appreciated.... :naughty: :naughty:

Speaking of D's around that same size, guess what showed up at my APO today! :tongue: :bigsmile: :love: :cheeky: Now if only I could get a D-cent pic of it's awesome D-ness..... :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

And yeah, I stole it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Andelain|1395256030|3637441 said:
Jimmianne|1395156746|3636462 said:

If it ever needs a new home where it's loved and appreciated.... :naughty: :naughty:

Speaking of D's around that same size, guess what showed up at my APO today! :tongue: :bigsmile: :love: :cheeky: Now if only I could get a D-cent pic of it's awesome D-ness..... :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

And yeah, I stole it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andelain, I keep coming back to check and see if you've posted any more pics of another "D"elicious stone!!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Alex, I snapped a few more pics on my cell phone of my ring after a recent cleaning. I tried something new to clean them and wow, my oval really lit up!

It's so much fun to try different shots from different angles, and I tried to capture just how icy white the diamond is and just how unique the faceting patterns can be in an oval.

For some reason, I can only load one pic at a time, so ...

oval_facets__amp__1.jpg

BlondeAries

Rough_Rock
Lovely Roxy!!

Absolutely LOVE this thread :love: - it's one of the reasons my fiancé and I decided to go with a D. I only wish we could get some better pics! :oops:

.88 D SI1 GIA XXX James Allen True Hearts Ideal, Ring Size 4.25

img_2195.jpg
img_0731.jpg
img_2204.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BlondeAries|1396366220|3645042 said:
Lovely Roxy!!

Absolutely LOVE this thread :love: - it's one of the reasons my fiancé and I decided to go with a D. I only wish we could get some better pics! :oops:

img_2195.jpg
img_0731.jpg
img_2204.jpg

So happy for you. Keep taking pictures! and I loved that one you posted of the two of you - what a beautiful couple.
all the best!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
ddiamond.jpg

Your ring is a real beauty Jimmianne!!! It's like looking into a crystal clear pool of icy water, I just LOVE it. And the twists on the band are absolutely divine :love:!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
BlondeAries|1396366220|3645042 said:
Lovely Roxy!!

img_2195.jpg
img_0731.jpg
img_2204.jpg

Thanks so much! Your ring is gorgeous and looks perfect on your finger.

I know it’s a firecracker on your finger when your hand's moving around during the day!!! Congrats on a beautiful ring (and on a wonderful engagement :love:)!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roxy|1394611644|3632336 said:
Here's my D oval! I need to take more closeup pics of the oval, but here's what I have so far ....

Hi Roxy, love seeing your magnificent oval here. ;-) It's an amazing set. Can't imagine staring at that every day. :shock: Get nothing done. I want to see that video...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madam Bijoux|1395083314|3635941 said:
Old Miss Evil is a 1.42 emerald cut and The Little King is a 1.26 carat Royal Asscher.

Madam B - a D emerald cut?? I DIE... :-o :appl: :-o :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh Roxy.... That new picture is drool-tastic! :love:

And I love all the new additions on here that have been added whilst I've been gone the last week! Beautiful!

BlondeAries

Rough_Rock
Thank you Roxy and Jimmianne!

Jimmianne - I was just reading your thread! I absolutely LOVE the setting you decided to go with :love:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1396414519|3645610 said:
Roxy|1394611644|3632336 said:
Here's my D oval! I need to take more closeup pics of the oval, but here's what I have so far ....

Hi Roxy, love seeing your magnificent oval here. ;-) It's an amazing set. Can't imagine staring at that every day. :shock: Get nothing done. I want to see that video...

Thanks LLJsmom! You're always so sweet and encouraging to everyone, and I really appreciate your saying that.

I finally dug up the link. I hadn't watched it since getting my rings, and had forgotten just how much the melee goes nuts in front of GOG's camera LOL :D. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0iJJ9uCSbg&feature=youtu.be

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Alex T|1396444310|3645754 said:
Ooooh Roxy.... That new picture is drool-tastic! :love:

And I love all the new additions on here that have been added whilst I've been gone the last week! Beautiful!

Thanks!! I know I'll never get a good shot w/ my cell phone, but I was having fun trying out the tips on the "Taking Pictures" thread anyway :)).

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roxy I've just watched the YouTube video. Stunning. That is all :love:

BlondeAries

Rough_Rock
Oh, Roxy!! That's such an incredible video! Thank you for sharing :appl:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Alex T|1396515876|3646456 said:
Roxy I've just watched the YouTube video. Stunning. That is all :love:

Oh! THANK YOU!! :wavey:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
BlondeAries|1396536346|3646594 said:

Thanks so much!!!! LLJsmom had mentioned it previously, so when she asked this time I thought I'd go and dig it up. I always tell everyone that working w/ GOG is amazing and Jonathan (and his team) are seriously some of the best folks to interface with.

This was actually the second video he made for me, the first was of the oval alone in a bunch of different lighting conditions where he actually walked me through all of the aspects of my stone and how they matched up with the data and reports (ASET, etc) that I had seen posted on his website. He did this after hours, and "on the fly", and I was blown away by his excitement, honesty and transparency about the great (and not so great) things about the stone!

Sorry, I kinda get carried away :oops: ... seriously, thanks for taking the time and saying such kind things about something that I hold so dear. I really appreciate it :)) !

BlondeAries

Rough_Rock
Roxy|1396578815|3647058 said:
BlondeAries|1396536346|3646594 said:

Thanks so much!!!! LLJsmom had mentioned it previously, so when she asked this time I thought I'd go and dig it up. I always tell everyone that working w/ GOG is amazing and Jonathan (and his team) are seriously some of the best folks to interface with.

This was actually the second video he made for me, the first was of the oval alone in a bunch of different lighting conditions where he actually walked me through all of the aspects of my stone and how they matched up with the data and reports (ASET, etc) that I had seen posted on his website. He did this after hours, and "on the fly", and I was blown away by his excitement, honesty and transparency about the great (and not so great) things about the stone!

Sorry, I kinda get carried away :oops: ... seriously, thanks for taking the time and saying such kind things about something that I hold so dear. I really appreciate it :)) !

Of course! I just love all of the passionate people on this site. I had no idea how much fun diamonds could be!! Even though now I'm sure my family/friends/coworkers are ready to smother me :halo:

I almost bought my diamond through GOG since they seem to go so above and beyond for their clients, but the stone I was looking at, although also a .88 D, only had a "Good" polish and was SI2.

Funny that there ended up being three .88 Ds that I looked at, especially since my fiancé and I had our first date on 8/8 :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results