shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your yellow gold settings! and vendor questions...

jrich

Shiny_Rock
I have been a long time lurker and have learned so much. I am trying to finalize what I would like in an e-ring to let my boyfriend know. I know I want yellow gold, just having a tough time finding a setting I love. A lot of the PS recommended vendors don't seem to do yellow gold.

My other questions is- I have been considering Adiamor, but am loving James Allen settings lately. If you choose a diamond from one site and a setting from another, is that going to be a huge pain for him? Will a local jeweler charge a lot to set them together?

And finally, anyone need to convince me to pay the James Allen diamond price over Adiamor?

Thank you so much for the help and advice!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Show me your yellow gold settings! and vendor questions.

I would think all the vendors will work with yellow gold. Just because they have white metals on their website photos doesn't mean they can't get yellow gold.

It would be easier for you to get your diamond and setting from the same vendor. I think there might be insurance issues with asking a jeweller to set your diamond if you didn't buy it there. If you have seen a diamond you like it may be that your preferred vendor can get you the same diamond.

I can't recommend James Allen or Adiamor as I haven't worked with either of them. But I have seen good reviews for JA here on Pricescope.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Show me your yellow gold settings! and vendor questions.

I definitely would recommend getting both from the same vendor. The last I checked, James Allen has photos of the stones and the other may be a drop shipper and not have the stone in-house because they don't have pictures that I can see. Plus James Allen will provide ASET images. I would also image that they can order most of the settings in yellow gold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results