shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your yellow gold halos!

ashleyf

Rough_Rock
My fiancé and I have been given an heirloom diamond, which I wasn't expecting. However, it's about a 1ct stone, so I don't think it would look appropriate in the 6-prong yellow gold solitaire setting I had originally planned. So I'm hoping to see some ladies' yellow gold halos to compare! I think they tend to be a rarity, but I LOVE yellow gold, so please post away! Thanks so everyone in advance!!

rennipenni

Rough_Rock
Wish the photo is bigger, but can't find the original so I will upload my profile photo that shows my 1.3 ct oval halo in YG.

_36824.jpg

_36824a.jpg

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
I'll look for examples to post, but I love yellow gold! I think a yellow gold halo would look beautiful, especially if yellow gold looks more flattering on your skin more than white metals. I actually would have preferred a yellow gold ER for that reason, but FI was (unduly, I think) concerned about hardness, protecting the stone, etc. Compromise - I chose the stone, he chose the metal, so the ring reflects our joint decision-making. However, my wedding band is yellow gold. My choice.

Funion

Rough_Rock
Ashley this is my yellow gold, yellow diamond halo surrounding a .34 ct center, it was my MIL's stone.

_36840.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not too many of us yellow gold lovers around. I would also love to see some halos!

PieNecessity

Rough_Rock
I have one and I love it to death! I actually really like that yellow gold halos are so uncommon because 1) it makes my ring a bit different and 2) it makes it so much more exciting when I actually see someone else with one lol.

image33.jpg image49.jpg 20151114_132902-012_2__0.jpg

ashleyf

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! We have decided to go with the halo to give the diamond a little extra oomph. A local jeweler is attempting to copy victor's emilya. Thank you again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results