shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your wedding pearls!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Now that a pearl conversation has started (yay!), I'd love to see the pearls that the lovely PSer brides, and former brides have to share.

Please, show me your pearls!

ETA: Please also do remember the guidelines to the pearl exception so this thread can be added to! No mention of vendors, outside sources, etc..

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Here are mine:

pandorapearls111.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Another pic...

I''m looking for some colour-matched teardrops to wear as jackets.

pandorapearls313.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Pandora, the second you mentioned your strands on the other thread, I was hoping you'd reply to this thread! They're gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous and I absolutely love the clasp! Thanks for posting them!!

ETA: About how long are they?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!

They are both about 16".

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I suppose if I''m going to ask, I should probably post my own...

elmortpearls1.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Neck shot -- I don''t know how long they are, I''m guessing 18 or 19 inches - we just kept on adding inches of pearls until I liked the length
12.gif

elmortpearls2.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
And because Morty hasn''t been pictured on PS in enough of my jewelry...
10.gif

elmortpearls3.jpg

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
awww. . i love pearls. And i love love love black cats. I have such a soft spot for them. So this might be my new favorite thread. Haha. Your kitty is so freaking cute!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Goodness Elmorton, now how did you know that my birthday gifts were pearls?
face3.gif
The timing is almost eerie!

I was hesitant to post pics because I did a search and didn''t find that many threads on pearls. And what with the scary (!) "No pearls" phrase on the forums page, I was debating whether I should post pictures of them or not. Maybe I really should hold out until the getogether? Hehee!!
11.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I love pearls! Here are mine.

pearls 1.jpg

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I''d post my other pearls, even though they weren''t my wedding pearls, they slightly smaller tahitian studs and pendant.

tahitian pearls.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Bling, I love the size of that first set - they look perfect on you! And those Tahitians are to die for.

Cello, thanks! Morty gets to play jewelry model because I swear, everything looks pretty on his black fur. That and our other kitty would just want to play. Love the little one in your av! What a great face.

Onvacation, teasing is NOT FAIR!!! Pictures, please!
1.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I did a whole thread on mine when I got them!

Here they are!

I had to have the necklace shortened a bit, and it''s still a bit too long, but I''ll deal with that eventually...
sumspearls.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Sumbride, I LOVE that style, ever since I saw the movie Tin Cup!! Those are very, very pretty!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!! My dress was heavily beaded on the top part and I thought the full pearl necklace was a bit much for the dress so I really liked having the spaces between them. I have my grandmother''s pearls in a strand, but they''re a bit more yellow than went with my dress.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Here are mine
9.gif

It's funny because where I'm from it's actually considered bad luck wearing pearls on your wedding day (they say they will bring "tears")...but I wanted to wear pearls, so be it...hehe
2.gif

ETA: That was also my something borrowed (my mom passed thiis bracelet to my sister when she had her first baby)

2_22_08_A&A_wedding-91.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
and my earrings...a x-mas gift from DH

1churchher_aaa1.JPG

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, Mandarine! I can''t believe the detail on your "something borrowed" bracelet. That''s breathtaking!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Ditto!! That bracelet is AWESOME!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliments Elmorton
1.gif

I love that style of necklace sumbride, it''s gorgeous! And what a stunning bracelet mandarine!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine - that is such a pretty bracelet! I love the clasp!

I''m wearing these earrings which fiance bought me for Christmas. And I''ve been strongly hinting at a triple-strand pearl bracelet for my wedding present, similar to this. I need to find a place that will make it custom-length, though, since I have child-sized wrists.

bracear234234.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Basil, those earrings are beautiful! Your fiance has exquisite taste! Love the triple-strand bracelet too. You and I have the exact opposite problem - I too want a pearl bracelet, but I have large, flat wrists, so most that I''ve tried on will clasp but they are uncomfortable. How about we both get bracelets and you can give me your extras
2.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2008 10:10:43 PM
Author: Elmorton
Basil, those earrings are beautiful! Your fiance has exquisite taste! Love the triple-strand bracelet too. You and I have the exact opposite problem - I too want a pearl bracelet, but I have large, flat wrists, so most that I''ve tried on will clasp but they are uncomfortable. How about we both get bracelets and you can give me your extras
2.gif

Haha, El. My fiance has good taste only because he''s really good at taking hints, if you know what I mean!
1.gif

I''d totally give you my extra pearls - I don''t know what I''d do with an inch of pearls anyway!

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
Here are mine. I am seriously contemplating have a pearl on each side removed so that it comes up just a tad shorter. there are small gaps between the pearls (not sure if you will be able to tell by the photo). I tried making pic bigger but it just got more blurry LOL. I really need a better camera....

No earings yet =(

wedstrandlongpearls.JPG

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my pearls from Tiffany & Co that my Mom bought me for my 30th B-day. I love them because they are classic with a twist since they are not a standard round pearl. I love them! They are 16" and so pretty!

my pearls.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
These were the pearl earrings I wore for my wedding. My diamond studs (1.75ctw) with baroque South Seas drops w/tiny diamond accents. I love these earrings and I just dont get enough opportunities to wear them.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
This is my strand of Tahitians, I wanted to wear them on my wedding day but they just didn''t go with the champagne color of my dress, sadly. I do wear these quite a bit though. They are chameleon, and seem different colors depending on what I''m wearing. I probably would have worn them if my dress had been white...

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Another shot of my wedding earrings...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results