shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much for the pics. I LOVE the way it hanged on your wrist. It's a shame you reacted to it. Glad you don't have that problem with your tennis bracelets.

Tell me, did the magic charm used to face up the right way round, can you remember? I remember when I tried it on at the store, it kept facing up the wrong way round (the "underside"), That was when I had it on my left wrist though. I don't think I ever tried it on my right wrist.

The Frivole bracelet is gorgeous too btw.

Oh, which necklace is this? It looks amazing on you!! Is it the 16-motif Sweet pave? or the 20-motif vintage? Motifs look bigger than Sweets. Do you still have it? I remember trying on the 20-motif pave and was absolutely besotted.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@glitterbomb, you really do have an outstanding collection. When are you gonna do a family thread? Just saying...:bigsmile:

How do you decide what to wear each day? Do you choose your clothes outfit and then your jewellery or is it the other way around? Or there's no fixed way? (like I usually wear whatever bling my mood takes me regardless of which clothes or which handbags I am carrying).

When did you start collecting? Have you always been into jewellery? I know you have quite a few Cartier pieces too. Would like to see them all and to hear some background information. How do you decide what to buy and what goes with what? Are your family into jewellery too? Friends? Are you influenced by anyone? I know my dearly departed mother started all this for me. She gave me my first diamond ring (a toi et moi) when I was 16. That was the start of my bling addiction, lol.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Worn by Alicia Keys at the Met! Supposedly this is a one of a kind piece, so this is literally the same exact necklace!

E_ZiF4UXsAA28gv.jpg

Should it carry it premium if it was worn by Alicia Keys? Like Elizabeth Taylor's.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for the pics. I LOVE the way it hanged on your wrist. It's a shame you reacted to it. Glad you don't have that problem with your tennis bracelets.

Tell me, did the magic charm used to face up the right way round, can you remember? I remember when I tried it on at the store, it kept facing up the wrong way round (the "underside"), That was when I had it on my left wrist though. I don't think I ever tried it on my right wrist.

The Frivole bracelet is gorgeous too btw.

Oh, which necklace is this? It looks amazing on you!! Is it the 16-motif Sweet pave? or the 20-motif vintage? Motifs look bigger than Sweets. Do you still have it? I remember trying on the 20-motif pave and was absolutely besotted.

I'm so so glad my tennis bracelets don't bother me!! I actually don't wear any of my VCA alhambra bracelets anymore...something about the chain just irritates my skin. I sold all of them except for two (yellow gold guilloche & rose gold guilloche / carnelian). I just love them too much to sell even though I stopped wearing them ;(

If I recall it faced the right way about 50% of the time, lol. It kept flipping for me too.

I sold the 16 motif sweet pave, I hated how it always flipped. I never had the 20 motif vintage in white gold pave, only the 10 motif and a 5 motif bracelet which I combined in one of the pictures. In this specific picture though I'm wearing the 16 motif sweet pave. I think it just looked larger than normal because I was really underweight at that time lol

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so so glad my tennis bracelets don't bother me!! I actually don't wear any of my VCA alhambra bracelets anymore...something about the chain just irritates my skin. I sold all of them except for two (yellow gold guilloche & rose gold guilloche / carnelian). I just love them too much to sell even though I stopped wearing them ;(

If I recall it faced the right way about 50% of the time, lol. It kept flipping for me too.

I sold the 16 motif sweet pave, I hated how it always flipped. I never had the 20 motif vintage in white gold pave, only the 10 motif and a 5 motif bracelet which I combined in one of the pictures. In this specific picture though I'm wearing the 16 motif sweet pave. I think it just looked larger than normal because I was really underweight at that time lol

It really does look like the Vintage and not the Sweets. Wow! I hope you're back to regular weight now. It really is a shame that you can't wear the VCA bracelets. But you have no problem with earrings, pendants and necklaces?

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
@glitterbomb, you really do have an outstanding collection. When are you gonna do a family thread? Just saying...:bigsmile:

How do you decide what to wear each day? Do you choose your clothes outfit and then your jewellery or is it the other way around? Or there's no fixed way? (like I usually wear whatever bling my mood takes me regardless of which clothes or which handbags I am carrying).

When did you start collecting? Have you always been into jewellery? I know you have quite a few Cartier pieces too. Would like to see them all and to hear some background information. How do you decide what to buy and what goes with what? Are your family into jewellery too? Friends? Are you influenced by anyone? I know my dearly departed mother started all this for me. She gave me my first diamond ring (a toi et moi) when I was 16. That was the start of my bling addiction, lol.

Thank you!! These are some great questions. I plan to do the family thread as soon as I get those two rings...still waiting for the EC and the radiant. Hopefully by the end of this month!

I tend to go through jewelry phases. I'll wear a specific bracelet (or a specific stack) rings, necklace, earrings, for quite a while, sometimes weeks, sometimes a month or two, until I feel the desire to change it up or wear a specific piece, or if I'm going somewhere extra special.

I had a long VCA & Cartier wishlist for years, so that was what I bought first. I feel like I kind of have an obsessive personality...until I checked those pieces off, I couldn't stop thinking about them! It's funny because a lot of the pieces didn't work out for me and I ended up selling quite a lot, but I guess you don't know until you own something and see how much you really love owning it. The actuality of owning something can be quite different than we imagine. I'm currently very content in terms of jewelry. I still have some dream pieces, but I'm not obsessing over them anymore and don't mind taking my time getting them and making sure it's what I really want. I hope to buy less and sell less in the future.

My family is not really into jewelry (or handbags, clothes, shoes, fashion....) at all. My mom also gave me my first jewelry piece (a yellow diamond pendant from Tiffany), but it was lost over the years (thankfully I didn't lose it, my mom did when I was staying over at her place....so at least she can't blame me for losing it :lol-2:). I have since replaced it and am so glad it have it back in my collection!

I have some very close friends that share my love of jewelry. Hmm I don't know if I am influenced by anyone per se, but I just love large diamonds, especially fancy yellow diamonds, and emeralds, rubies, deep blue sapphires. I admit, I love Blake Lively's engagement ring probably a little too much. I have an entire folder of pictures of it on my laptop. :lol-2: And Kourtney Kardashian's ring.

Actually, I used to stalk pricescope a bit before I got the nerve to post and comment here, and I loooove your collection! You have so many gorgeous pieces!! :love:

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
It really does look like the Vintage and not the Sweets. Wow! I hope you're back to regular weight now. It really is a shame that you can't wear the VCA bracelets. But you have no problem with earrings, pendants and necklaces?

Yes, I finally gained 10 lbs since that picture! I'm still trying to gain 5 - 10 more. I don't have any problems with earrings or pendants / necklaces. Necklaces can bother me a bit if I wear them on bare skin like with a low cut shirt or dress, but I normally wear shirts with higher necklines so the majority of the chain sits on my shirt. I think that's how I get away with it not irritating me.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! These are some great questions. I plan to do the family thread as soon as I get those two rings...still waiting for the EC and the radiant. Hopefully by the end of this month!

I tend to go through jewelry phases. I'll wear a specific bracelet (or a specific stack) rings, necklace, earrings, for quite a while, sometimes weeks, sometimes a month or two, until I feel the desire to change it up or wear a specific piece, or if I'm going somewhere extra special.

I had a long VCA & Cartier wishlist for years, so that was what I bought first. I feel like I kind of have an obsessive personality...until I checked those pieces off, I couldn't stop thinking about them! It's funny because a lot of the pieces didn't work out for me and I ended up selling quite a lot, but I guess you don't know until you own something and see how much you really love owning it. The actuality of owning something can be quite different than we imagine. I'm currently very content in terms of jewelry. I still have some dream pieces, but I'm not obsessing over them anymore and don't mind taking my time getting them and making sure it's what I really want. I hope to buy less and sell less in the future.

My family is not really into jewelry (or handbags, clothes, shoes, fashion....) at all. My mom also gave me my first jewelry piece (a yellow diamond pendant from Tiffany), but it was lost over the years (thankfully I didn't lose it, my mom did when I was staying over at her place....so at least she can't blame me for losing it :lol-2:). I have since replaced it and am so glad it have it back in my collection!

I have some very close friends that share my love of jewelry. Hmm I don't know if I

Awww. I love your story. My story is not too different from yours. I'd coveted the Cartier ceramic pave Love bracelet for many many years. Had the means to pay for it but wanted to focus more on investments (real estate, stocks etc). I finally pulled the trigger some 6 years ago. VCA was a different story. We didn't have a boutique here until something like 2014. Meanwhile, I'd been reading about and ogling the pieces here on the Designer thread. I certainly had been admiring the Perlee Clover for a while and that was my very first VCA piece. I've been faithfully following the brand since then. But tbh, I think I am reaching saturation point. There aren't too many more pieces that I'm still lusting after, maybe 2 or 3 more pieces and then I am done.

I haven't made too many VCA or Cartier mistakes, thank God for that. But smaller less expensive pieces, I've made plenty. You're right, you don't really know your taste until you've had a chance to own the pieces and wear them.

What was your very first VCA piece? Cartier? Do you still have them? I too love emeralds, rubies and sapphires. I've owned some smaller (much smaller) pieces in the past. I am utterly in love with a HW emerald ring but it's something like half a mil and I am not gonna spend that kind of money on a piece of jewellery. If I ever inherited a small fortune, then maybe. Both my parents have passed and my relatives don't have that kind of money so I can forget about that, lol. Everything I own, I've had to work hard for, so yeah not gonna happen.

You're very kind but my collection pales in comparison to yours. I am really looking forward to your thread.

Last edited:

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Awww. I love your story. My story is not too different from yours. I'd coveted the Cartier ceramic pave Love bracelet for many many years. Had the means to pay for it but wanted to focus more on investments (real estate, stocks etc). I finally pulled the trigger some 6 years ago. VCA was a different story. We didn't have a boutique here until something like 2014. Meanwhile, I'd been reading about and ogling the pieces here on the Designer thread. I certainly had been admiring the Perlee Clover for a while and that was my very first VCA piece. I've been faithfully following the brand since then. But tbh, I think I am reaching saturation point. There aren't too many more pieces that I'm still lusting after, maybe 2 or 3 more pieces and then I am done.

I haven't made too many VCA or Cartier mistakes, thank God for that. But smaller less expensive pieces, I've made plenty. You're right, you don't really know your taste until you've had a chance to own the pieces and wear them.

What was your very first VCA piece? Cartier? Do you still have them? I too love emeralds, rubies and sapphires. I've owned some smaller (much smaller) pieces in the past. I am utterly in love with a HW emerald ring but it's something like half a mil and I am not gonna spend that kind of money on a piece of jewellery. If I ever inherited a small fortune, then maybe. Both my parents have passed and my relatives don't have that kind of money so I can forget about that, lol. Everything I own, I've had to work hard for, so yeah not gonna happen.

You're very kind but my collection pales in comparison to yours. I am really looking forward to your thread.

Oh wow, that's so interesting you didn't have a local VCA boutique until 2014!

My very first VCA piece was a white gold pave lotus pendant, I don't have it anymore...I actually returned it shortly after buying it, it was killing the back of my neck! Luckily I haven't had that experience again with any other necklace or pendant.

My first Cartier piece was a size 15 yellow gold 4 diamond love bracelet. I sold it after gaining those 10 pounds, as it no longer fit me. It was pretty sentimental to me, but I didn't see a purpose for keeping it, and I sold it to FP for a fair amount despite it being very well loved. I wore it almost daily for six years!

I can relate to your love for the HW emerald ring! Which ring is it? I feel the same way about the VCA emerald ring I tried on recently. But it was around 300k, and I'm not interested to spend that amount on one emerald ring.

What are the 2 or 3 VCA pieces you are thinking of buying? :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that's so interesting you didn't have a local VCA boutique until 2014!

My very first VCA piece was a white gold pave lotus pendant, I don't have it anymore...I actually returned it shortly after buying it, it was killing the back of my neck! Luckily I haven't had that experience again with any other necklace or pendant.

My first Cartier piece was a size 15 yellow gold 4 diamond love bracelet. I sold it after gaining those 10 pounds, as it no longer fit me. It was pretty sentimental to me, but I didn't see a purpose for keeping it, and I sold it to FP for a fair amount despite it being very well loved. I wore it almost daily for six years!

I can relate to your love for the HW emerald ring! Which ring is it? I feel the same way about the VCA emerald ring I tried on recently. But it was around 300k, and I'm not interested to spend that amount on one emerald ring.

What are the 2 or 3 VCA pieces you are thinking of buying? :love:

I think so, IIRC. It was rather good that i wasn't tempted by VCA earlier.

Oh really? I have the Lotus ring which I absolutely adore and matching earrings. I was tempted to buy the large Lotus pendant but I think I shall pass.

I actually bought the Love bracelet in WG 4-diamond too, first. But I decided it wasn't blingy enough (lol) and exchanged it for the ceramic pave, which I'd been lusting after and have loved so much since then.

This is the HW ring. I'd love any iteration of this, if I had a money tree:

1660918789934.png

Which is the HW ring you like? Would love to see a pic,

The 2 VCA pieces? Onyx Ltd Ed earrings which I had and loved but they got lost (prob stolen) and a 10-motif grey MOP which I hope VCA will introduce at some point soon. The manager of my local boutique, who's my de facto SA, has put in a request for the onyx earrings. I hope it'll be approved by Vendome.

The 3rd piece (IF I buy it) will be either the pave Love bracelet in YG or the VCA Magic pave bracelet that I posted about earlier.

The first 2 VCA pieces, I feel are missing pieces in my collection and would complement other pieces that I already have. The 3rd piece would just be a nice add-on, not a must as such (as much as jewellery can be "must's", lol).

Last edited:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nothing really excites me in this upcoming perlee launch that I've seen thus far, unfortunately!

BTW, if anyone is in the market for turquoise perlee WG earrings, @diamondseeker2006 is selling hers on preloved for a discount with no sales tax! 8)

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing really excites me in this upcoming perlee launch that I've seen thus far, unfortunately!

BTW, if anyone is in the market for turquoise perlee WG earrings, @diamondseeker2006 is selling hers on preloved for a discount with no sales tax! 8)

Same. These do not excite me except for possibly the Perlee lapis pendant. I have the full Small (not mini) lapis RdN. But I am interested in seeing how the Perlee would look on me.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same. These do not excite me except for possibly the Perlee lapis pendant. I have the full Small (not mini) lapis RdN. But I am interested in seeing how the Perlee would look on me.

I can’t imagine the Perlee eclipsing or even keeping pace with your rose de noel piece, but it might make for fun stacking options!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t imagine the Perlee eclipsing or even keeping pace with your rose de noel piece, but it might make for fun stacking options!

I'd like it as a casual piece. The RdN is quite formal / more serious looking, to me anyway.

I had the TQ Perlee in a glorious deep blue colour turquoise. Alas, it was amongst the items being stolen. Looking to replace this too.

Last edited:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Sanity check, please!

The special occasion for which I purchased the onyx/pave Alhambra bracelet is finally here, so I am able to wear it at last. It is gorgeous and I absolutely love it!

And I am running into the issue that it is the absolute devil to put on. Thanks to @RunningwithScissors I do have a bracelet putter onner device (seriously, thank you!). The issue seems to be that my SA recommended that we remove two links. They removed those two links closest to the clasp on both sides, so now there is hardly anything to grasp to open the clasp.

My question to y’all is, should I have links put back in? I think this is actually the right length bracelet to keep the pave motifs from flipping and to keep the bracelet out of my palm. Will I get used to putting this on? I can get it on by myself but it does require using the putter-onner device.

047EB8DB-221A-4BB8-B0E1-4411597F5E95.jpeg
Links left around the clasp. Hard to tell from photo but the main issue is opening the lobster clasp. I really need two hands to do it. Even my teenage daughter cannot do it without two hands.

083E0EE9-A176-47FC-9523-71180B456B78.jpeg
This is how far it falls down my arm.

7C349102-3386-412C-95A3-F1862EC02D1D.jpeg

It does not fall into my palm. I am concerned that if I put links back it will fall into my palm.

9F8F9308-55B0-4CD0-B8EE-60757A68D2BA.jpeg

This is how much play there is looking from the bottom of my wrist. I believe two links out = 7 inches, and I do regularly wear 7 inch bracelets.

Advice welcome!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sanity check, please!

The special occasion for which I purchased the onyx/pave Alhambra bracelet is finally here, so I am able to wear it at last. It is gorgeous and I absolutely love it!

And I am running into the issue that it is the absolute devil to put on. Thanks to @RunningwithScissors I do have a bracelet putter onner device (seriously, thank you!). The issue seems to be that my SA recommended that we remove two links. They removed those two links closest to the clasp on both sides, so now there is hardly anything to grasp to open the clasp.

My question to y’all is, should I have links put back in? I think this is actually the right length bracelet to keep the pave motifs from flipping and to keep the bracelet out of my palm. Will I get used to putting this on? I can get it on by myself but it does require using the putter-onner device.

047EB8DB-221A-4BB8-B0E1-4411597F5E95.jpeg
Links left around the clasp. Hard to tell from photo but the main issue is opening the lobster clasp. I really need two hands to do it. Even my teenage daughter cannot do it without two hands.

083E0EE9-A176-47FC-9523-71180B456B78.jpeg
This is how far it falls down my arm.

7C349102-3386-412C-95A3-F1862EC02D1D.jpeg

It does not fall into my palm. I am concerned that if I put links back it will fall into my palm.

9F8F9308-55B0-4CD0-B8EE-60757A68D2BA.jpeg

This is how much play there is looking from the bottom of my wrist. I believe two links out = 7 inches, and I do regularly wear 7 inch bracelets.

Advice welcome!

I am in the same situation preferring 7" but not really wanting to take out two links. Are you sure that is where they took out links? Because I actually have three single links on each side of the clasp...two of the more rectangular links and one round link. Lay your bracelet on a flat surface and let us see it. Because your bracelet does not appear to have any links removed between the last motifs and the clasp/end. I have never heard of VCA removing links there, either.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I am in the same situation preferring 7" but not really wanting to take out two links. Are you sure that is where they took out links? Because I actually have three single links on each side of the clasp...two of the more rectangular links and one round link. Lay your bracelet on a flat surface and let us see it. Because your bracelet does not appear to have any links removed between the last motifs and the clasp/end. I have never heard of VCA removing links there, either.

Omg, DS, you are correct!!!! Thank you!!!

I took the bracelet off (groan, now I have to put it on again), and examined the link spacing.

639DA0B5-62AE-463C-BF90-874534B7F61C.jpeg
Apologies if this is hard to see—I tried multiple surfaces in my house and this was the one where it was easiest to see the links.

So I think the confusion was when my SA told me they would remove the links in the part closest to the clasp. I assumed that meant what I had in my first post (given how hard the clasp is to manipulate—she put it on my wrist at VCA so I hadn’t tried it). But I can see how this would be entirely consistent with “the part closest to the clasp.”

Ok, so SOLVED!

Whew.

Now I just need to practice getting this bracelet on. I think it is the best length to keep the motifs from flipping, which is a nice thing. The backs of the pave are nice and all, but I really prefer the fronts.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, DS, you are correct!!!! Thank you!!!

I took the bracelet off (groan, now I have to put it on again), and examined the link spacing.

639DA0B5-62AE-463C-BF90-874534B7F61C.jpeg
Apologies if this is hard to see—I tried multiple surfaces in my house and this was the one where it was easiest to see the links.

So I think the confusion was when my SA told me they would remove the links in the part closest to the clasp. I assumed that meant what I had in my first post (given how hard the clasp is to manipulate—she put it on my wrist at VCA so I hadn’t tried it). But I can see how this would be entirely consistent with “the part closest to the clasp.”

Ok, so SOLVED!

Whew.

Now I just need to practice getting this bracelet on. I think it is the best length to keep the motifs from flipping, which is a nice thing. The backs of the pave are nice and all, but I really prefer the fronts.

Glad that is solved! Your experience does concern me in regard to shortening mine. It is a little too long but I also don't want to struggle even more getting it on and off!

Enjoy your new bracelet! It is my favorite!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Glad that is solved! Your experience does concern me in regard to shortening mine. It is a little too long but I also don't want to struggle even more getting it on and off!

Enjoy your new bracelet! It is my favorite!

I wouldn’t be concerned about shortening yours—let me clarify my issue and see if it helps,

My issue is trouble opening the clasp without two hands because there’s not very much chain/place to grasp the clasp before that first motif. And apparently they have not taken out any chain at all there. So I would be having trouble grasping it whether they had shortened it or not. I’m not sure I would be having much of an easier time with it if it were two links longer as the issue doesn’t seem to be length but rather my fingers and the clasp (I would say my fat fingers, but my daughter has teensy fingers and she struggled with it as well).

Does that help?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I struggled mightily with chain bracelets at first but somewhere along the line I got used to doing it myself. So I can’t speak for anyone else but I can say that it seems very possible it’ll get easier for you to DIY without the additional device ::)

Glad you’re keeping it shortened @Tonks, the flopping down the palm feeling drives me batty and I think it puts undue stress on the chain, too. Yours looks to have about exactly the same amount of give that I like in mine!

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, I do not own VCA but love to look over your lovelies. I wanted to post an idea just because I have always appreciated y'alls help on my own sparkly journey. To provide more room at the clasp, would it be possible to remove links from areas 3/4 and then add to 1/6? Please excuse the mock up. It may affect how the central motifs lie unfavorably but wanted to throw it out there for those with more experience. Image 8-23-22 at 11.20 AM.jpg

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
@Tonks

OK, don’t laugh at me lol. I think I already admitted earlier in this thread that while I have the bracelet device, I just use scotch tape lol

Here is a pic of how I do it… ridiculous, I know but it’s the easiest way for me lol

I tape the hoop side down, rest my forearm on a flat surface and use my right thumb to pull down the lever.

It took a little practice but now I’m used to it. I think when I started, I even taped down the hoop itself to REALLY hold it in place.

96B487EA-84FC-415A-9971-4753BB2074F7.jpeg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@Tonks

OK, don’t laugh at me lol. I think I already admitted earlier in this thread that while I have the bracelet device, I just use scotch tape lol

Here is a pic of how I do it… ridiculous, I know but it’s the easiest way for me lol

I tape the hoop side down, rest my forearm on a flat surface and use my right thumb to pull down the lever.

It took a little practice but now I’m used to it. I think when I started, I even taped down the hoop itself to REALLY hold it in place.

96B487EA-84FC-415A-9971-4753BB2074F7.jpeg

You can use a bracelet helper

6093F1A6-4B90-4428-A725-E5FC0F6E14EC.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results