shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie your collection is slaying me. Can you take a collection pic so that I can drool over them? Wish I can play with your jewelry box!
You’re so generous icy!!

So I was playing earlier and I took a few group pics… But I seriously feel like a fraud posting a “collection” photo :lol: I’ve only got a handful of very (very!) random pieces - not a collection in any way that counts!!

I do love them all though ❤️ Maybe I can share a “current group” shot and then I’ll say what I want to do next to turn the lot into something that makes sense :twisted2:

So… Here’s the current group. All the dangly bits are bracelets. And missing is the vintage onyx bracelet in YG that my mother has… Well she calls it “borrowed” LOL.

CB99E454-8AE7-407F-99C2-9E15F95A99AD.jpeg

And what I’d like to do…

Earrings.
1. Pave cosmos (same size, WG) have been ordered :bigsmile: and they’ll arrive when they arrive. Super excited about these - my very first pave earrings!!
2. I’m thinking about the plain frivole earclips - the large size. I *think* I’d like something YG? But on the other hand… I have a pair of GSS studs that I adore and that I happily put on when I’ve got yellow on the wrists and want yellow up top to match… So would I get enough use out of the frivole to justify it? :think: I’m not one for matching - I’d never wear both frivole earrings and frivole bracelet. I would wear those earrings with the lapis though…
3. Alternatively, vintage YG pave. MUCH more wearable than the pave cosmos. (Pave small frivole doesn’t work on me). Scratches the YG itch but is sufficiently non-casual to not directly compete with pearl studs.

Bracelets.
1. I was totally against stacking bangles. And then one day I put on both my perlee and my Tiffany etoile. And the switched flipped and I turned totally pro stacking bangles. I definitely want the single row pave perlee, in RG. This bangle has actually been on a friend’s list for a while, so I’d be copying off her - so I’m going to wait until she gets hers first and make a proper monkey-see-monkey-do of it :bigsmile:
2. I love the look of the perles d’or as a stack separator. But I think that one has to be SOd in my size and, yeah, no. So… some finger crossing going on there.
3. @Missie1’s GMOP/pave vintage alhambra. It was on my Maybe list and then she shared her photos and now I know that I need it. :bigsmile:

Necklaces.
1. I don’t wear necklaces. Like, I don’t wear necklaces. But I’m jonesing for a rock crystal set - twenty plus bracelet. Why? A mystery. But normally my necklace phases die off after a week or two and I’ve been on this idea for a couple months solid. Might be a non-starter as I’m betting I don’t have the purchase history to be offered this anyway. Maybe just a prolonged case of wanting what I most likely can’t have :lol:

Rings.
1. Frivole BTF is on the Someday list - behind the bracelets and necklace and maybe more earrings.
2. And the lapis hellebore is on that same Someday list - jockeying for the same position.
I have a feeling I won’t ever actually get to either because I’ve got that pesky non-VCA wishlist as well… :lol:

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These lovelies came in today!!

My camera is out of battery and I have no idea where the charger is ;( So I'm using an older one. And it's kinda not cooperating, I'll have to take some more pics some other time - I'm not even going to attempt earshots with this thing :lol:

These earrings. Even better than I remembered. These earrings are the epitome of feminine. The RG with MOP makes such a romantic duo, and the single pave petal is a delicate hint of sparkle - just enough to light the face and catch the eye in-person :love: And they're SO unbelievably comfortable. With the longer posts and the clips opened a little they really feel weightless on the ears! I see myself reaching for these regularly ::)
And the shape and size and half-on-half-off-the-lobe fit suits *me* so much better than the small size Frivole. I feel very good about choosing Cosmos over Frivole for my first pave earrings :bigsmile:

Background is a beautiful VCA coffee table book named Florae ❤️

B1.png

B3.png

B2.png

B4.png

B5.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

With my Rose de Noel.

The Rose de Noel is MOP in YG and the Cosmos is MOP in RG, and the RdN petals aren't bordered with metal. My SA told me that once upon a time VCA made RdN BTF rings, but they yanked them right away (I don't recall if she said before general release or immediately following) because... The RdN MOP is just pearl that's glued into its backing, as pearls always are, and the daily pressures on a ring would make those long lean petals that much more prone to coming unglued. The Cosmos petals - ensconced in metal bezels - are much more secure!!

The metal boundary seems to have two effects: It both darkens the MOP and, interestingly, appears to make it more iridescent. On close inspection the cabs in both my RdN and my Cosmos have some texture within the material, and in the Cosmos that texture picks up light and turns it into very subtle colour play, like the flat Alhambra WMOP slabs do - whereas in the RdN all I see is smooth bright white pearl sheen that somehow glosses right over the texture. Both are gorgeous, I have no preference for one flavour over the other ::)

I have to say that I'm loving this WMOP thing. I feel like I need some earrings with MOP in WG to complete the set... :lol:

B6.png

B7.png

And a quickie of the details on the backs - so pretty from this side too :love:

B8.png

These are seriously gorgeous, stunning, so beautiful. :love::love::love:And they look just amazing. I’m so sorry. I can see why you had to have them. Such heavenly pieces…

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
You’re so generous icy!!

So I was playing earlier and I took a few group pics… But I seriously feel like a fraud posting a “collection” photo :lol: I’ve only got a handful of very (very!) random pieces - not a collection in any way that counts!!

I do love them all though ❤️ Maybe I can share a “current group” shot and then I’ll say what I want to do next to turn the lot into something that makes sense :twisted2:

So… Here’s the current group. All the dangly bits are bracelets. And missing is the vintage onyx bracelet in YG that my mother has… Well she calls it “borrowed” LOL.

And what I’d like to do…

Earrings.
1. Pave cosmos (same size, WG) have been ordered :bigsmile: and they’ll arrive when they arrive. Super excited about these - my very first pave earrings!!
2. I’m thinking about the plain frivole earclips - the large size. I *think* I’d like something YG? But on the other hand… I have a pair of GSS studs that I adore and that I happily put on when I’ve got yellow on the wrists and want yellow up top to match… So would I get enough use out of the frivole to justify it? :think: I’m not one for matching - I’d never wear both frivole earrings and frivole bracelet. I would wear those earrings with the lapis though…
3. Alternatively, vintage YG pave. MUCH more wearable than the pave cosmos. (Pave small frivole doesn’t work on me). Scratches the YG itch but is sufficiently non-casual to not directly compete with pearl studs.

Bracelets.
1. I was totally against stacking bangles. And then one day I put on both my perlee and my Tiffany etoile. And the switched flipped and I turned totally pro stacking bangles. I definitely want the single row pave perlee, in RG. This bangle has actually been on a friend’s list for a while, so I’d be copying off her - so I’m going to wait until she gets hers first and make a proper monkey-see-monkey-do of it :bigsmile:
2. I love the look of the perles d’or as a stack separator. But I think that one has to be SOd in my size and, yeah, no. So… some finger crossing going on there.
3. @Missie1’s GMOP/pave vintage alhambra. It was on my Maybe list and then she shared her photos and now I know that I need it. :bigsmile:

Necklaces.
1. I don’t wear necklaces. Like, I don’t wear necklaces. But I’m jonesing for a rock crystal set - twenty plus bracelet. Why? A mystery. But normally my necklace phases die off after a week or two and I’ve been on this idea for a couple months solid. Might be a non-starter as I’m betting I don’t have the purchase history to be offered this anyway. Maybe just a prolonged case of wanting what I most likely can’t have :lol:

Rings.
1. Frivole BTF is on the Someday list - behind the bracelets and necklace and maybe more earrings.
2. And the lapis hellebore is on that same Someday list - jockeying for the same position.
I have a feeling I won’t ever actually get to either because I’ve got that pesky non-VCA wishlist as well… :lol:

So much pretty… :kiss2:

Thanks for posting. I can never get enough eye candy so pls do post more whenever you are in the mood!

Unfortunately (and actually fortunately for my wallet) VCA doesn’t have many WG pieces that I covet so I shall just periodically pop by and ogle all of you lovely ladies’ pieces

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re so generous icy!!

And what I’d like to do…

Earrings.

Bracelets.

Necklaces.

Rings.

May I ask how you feel about the frivole bracelet and durability? I LOVE the look of it so much but I just think I'm too likely to damage it and am eventually better off with the solid Alhambra.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
These lovelies came in today!!

My camera is out of battery and I have no idea where the charger is ;( So I'm using an older one. And it's kinda not cooperating, I'll have to take some more pics some other time - I'm not even going to attempt earshots with this thing :lol:

These earrings. Even better than I remembered. These earrings are the epitome of feminine. The RG with MOP makes such a romantic duo, and the single pave petal is a delicate hint of sparkle - just enough to light the face and catch the eye in-person :love: And they're SO unbelievably comfortable. With the longer posts and the clips opened a little they really feel weightless on the ears! I see myself reaching for these regularly ::)
And the shape and size and half-on-half-off-the-lobe fit suits *me* so much better than the small size Frivole. I feel very good about choosing Cosmos over Frivole for my first pave earrings :bigsmile:

Background is a beautiful VCA coffee table book named Florae ❤️

B1.png

B3.png

B2.png

B4.png

B5.png

With my Rose de Noel.

The Rose de Noel is MOP in YG and the Cosmos is MOP in RG, and the RdN petals aren't bordered with metal. My SA told me that once upon a time VCA made RdN BTF rings, but they yanked them right away (I don't recall if she said before general release or immediately following) because... The RdN MOP is just pearl that's glued into its backing, as pearls always are, and the daily pressures on a ring would make those long lean petals that much more prone to coming unglued. The Cosmos petals - ensconced in metal bezels - are much more secure!!

The metal boundary seems to have two effects: It both darkens the MOP and, interestingly, appears to make it more iridescent. On close inspection the cabs in both my RdN and my Cosmos have some texture within the material, and in the Cosmos that texture picks up light and turns it into very subtle colour play, like the flat Alhambra WMOP slabs do - whereas in the RdN all I see is smooth bright white pearl sheen that somehow glosses right over the texture. Both are gorgeous, I have no preference for one flavour over the other ::)

I have to say that I'm loving this WMOP thing. I feel like I need some earrings with MOP in WG to complete the set... :lol:

B6.png

B7.png

And a quickie of the details on the backs - so pretty from this side too :love:

B8.png

Oh gosh @yssie - these are just gorgeous. The subtle glow of MOP with the rose gold bezels is just perfect. I agree both are beautiful, but I do love the bezel, and how it casts a warm shadow back onto the MOP. Oh how the simplest design choices make quieter materials like MOP sing!

I am also loving these bold floral looks on your generally! They suit you so well. You’re building yourself a veritable garden and I am here for it. :kiss2:

I’ve just added something to my wishlist, now :lol: (Rose gold + MOP…anything!)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t understand the dearth of WG options at all. RG is more my personal comfort than WG but golly, it sure would be nice to have a choice! It’s not like it costs any more to manufacture… Since they seem to pass the costs of rhodium plating onto their customers… :???:

I’m vaguely hopeful they’ll introduce more WG stock. We don’t need random constellation pendants that cost half a black market kidney. Just more WG for designs we’ve already got!! Well… Vaguely hopeful :lol:

So much pretty… :kiss2:

Thanks for posting. I can never get enough eye candy so pls do post more whenever you are in the mood!

Unfortunately (and actually fortunately for my wallet) VCA doesn’t have many WG pieces that I covet so I shall just periodically pop by and ogle all of you lovely ladies’ pieces

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Asscherhalo_lover Y’know, I’d never actually looked at the chains on these things before. I just assumed Alhambra and Frivole had the same chain - nope not even close!! The mini Frivole and the Alhambra sweets do have the same chain but the vintage is wayyyy heftier than the five flower :eek-2: :read:

A4A42D91-DFC7-40D0-A62E-30809E6C479F.jpeg 0CC2B928-CABB-4B11-B385-046CCA91DD56.jpeg

I don’t baby mine and there’s some scratching on the polished gold to show it. I’m generally pretty easy on jewellery though, so that might not be helpful to you. The VA chain is definitely markedly more robust!! And the raised beaded edges protect the motifs better too!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Asscherhalo_lover Y’know, I’d never actually looked at the chains on these things before. I just assumed Alhambra and Frivole had the same chain - nope not even close!! The mini Frivole and the Alhambra sweets do have the same chain but the vintage is wayyyy heftier than the five flower :eek-2: :read:

A4A42D91-DFC7-40D0-A62E-30809E6C479F.jpeg 0CC2B928-CABB-4B11-B385-046CCA91DD56.jpeg

I don’t baby mine and there’s some scratching on the polished gold to show it. I’m generally pretty easy on jewellery though, so that might not be helpful to you. The VA chain is definitely markedly more robust!! And the raised beaded edges protect the motifs better too!

I love everything about VCA chains. I love that each is customized for the specific purpose and size and weight of the motif it needs to support. And the shine! Second to none!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Has anyone here tried this on? It looks stunning.

cheers--Sharon

Yknow. I love the look of it too. But the hollow cutouts on the inside of the shank just drive me bananas ;( Like, c’mon VCA, we’re paying you how much - at least make the dang shank solid?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you! I'll have to actually get brave and go into VCA to see what they have in store. Knowing me I'll feel safer with the heavier chain.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Letterwood in RG and RG hammered gold. Be still my heart. o_O

Pic stolen from the other forum (chanelchic2002).
1636406654527.png

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yknow. I love the look of it too. But the hollow cutouts on the inside of the shank just drive me bananas ;( Like, c’mon VCA, we’re paying you how much - at least make the dang shank solid?

Good point!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
You’re so generous icy!!

And what I’d like to do…

Earrings.

Bracelets.

Necklaces.

Rings.

So lovely! Its really fun to see your collection all together (and YES it absolutely is a collection and a stellar one)!

I can definitely envision the additions you list fitting in perfectly with the rest of your VCA family. Looking forward to seeing them as you check them off your wish list!

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
after drooling for a long time I'm finally considering a pair of sweet Alhambra studs, but a lot of things seem to be out online. is it the same in their stores, does anyone know? or it depends on the store?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today's outfit - RG and MOP and diamonds!! :bigsmile:

VCA Cosmos earrings, VCA Perlee bracelet, Tiffany Etoile bracelet, VCA Perlee ring from LLJsmom, Tiffany Cobblestone ring, and two plain RG bands from e-weddingbands ::)

COSMOS_1A.png

COSMOS_1B.png

COSMOS-3.png

COSMOS_2B.jpg

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
after drooling for a long time I'm finally considering a pair of sweet Alhambra studs, but a lot of things seem to be out online. is it the same in their stores, does anyone know? or it depends on the store?
Online inventory and in-boutique inventory don't match. They can share inventory - as in trawl specific requests from each other, but in general boutiques and department store locations are supplied differently and will have different demand. But inventory is *low* right now across the board, so there's some chance what you want just isn't available... If there's a store near you definitely call in and find out!

What are you looking for specifically?

Klaus

Rough_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VCA Cosmos earrings, VCA Perlee bracelet, Tiffany Etoile bracelet, VCA Perlee ring from LLJsmom, Tiffany Cobblestone ring, and two plain RG bands from e-weddingbands ::)

COSMOS_1A.png

COSMOS_1B.png

COSMOS-3.png

COSMOS_2B.jpg

Omigoodness. These cosmos look amazing on you. I can see why it’s LOVE. Gosh. So so so beautiful. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: Can I request a daily pic of your vca outfit everyday?

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock

COSMOS_1A.png

COSMOS_1B.png

COSMOS-3.png

COSMOS_2B.jpg

Goooooorgeous! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: So luxe, but somehow understated.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

COSMOS_1A.png

COSMOS_1B.png

COSMOS-3.png

COSMOS_2B.jpg

Sublime! Really love how you've pulled the different designs together to form a unified, sophisticated and feminine ensemble.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omigoodness. These cosmos look amazing on you. I can see why it’s LOVE. Gosh. So so so beautiful. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: Can I request a daily pic of your vca outfit everyday?

+ a billion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

COSMOS_1A.png

COSMOS_1B.png

COSMOS-3.png

COSMOS_2B.jpg
Goals!!!!!!!!!!! Love every bit of this! And you look beautiful, too!

Is anyone else into the new Zodiaque collection? https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/other-collections/zodiaque.html

I've been jonesing for January Jones' (haha) antique Virgo pendant since I first saw it about a year ago, and tried to track one down online but they're so rare, and just randomly heard that they re-released the line! Scooped this baby up already!

1636519869618.png

I am really not into zodiac or astrology, but I am a Virgo and really actually think that is one of the best pendants! I like the unicorn! Come back with a picture wearing it when you can!

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
Online inventory and in-boutique inventory don't match. They can share inventory - as in trawl specific requests from each other, but in general boutiques and department store locations are supplied differently and will have different demand. But inventory is *low* right now across the board, so there's some chance what you want just isn't available... If there's a store near you definitely call in and find out!

What are you looking for specifically?

I was looking for the Sweet Alhambra studs with diamonds in WG. I called the nearest store and they are out. I wanted to try them on before purchasing... or buy online and return if I don't like them. I guess I'll wait and see if I still want them in a couple of months

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was looking for the Sweet Alhambra studs with diamonds in WG. I called the nearest store and they are out. I wanted to try them on before purchasing... or buy online and return if I don't like them. I guess I'll wait and see if I still want them in a couple of months

Yes - if you buy online you can return for refund, which is really nice!!
I suspect inventory is going to get worse before it gets better - Christmas will probably empty all US and Europe stores and sites :???:
So if this is something you’d want in the next couple months - probably worth buying and trying, if they’re available right now online…
Just my opinion…

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
Yes - if you buy online you can return for refund, which is really nice!!
I suspect inventory is going to get worse before it gets better - Christmas will probably empty all US and Europe stores and sites :???:
So if this is something you’d want in the next couple months - probably worth buying and trying, if they’re available right now online…
Just my opinion…

Unfortunately, they are not available online either..

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh phooey. Can your closest store trawl a pair from another boutique?

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
Oh phooey. Can your closest store trawl a pair from another boutique?

they didn't offer that and I didn't think of asking that. if the earrings are still on my mind by next week I'll call again. thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results