shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, that's about all he can do cause he ain't stopping this train!

Yeah, for everyone it's something different. For me it was the Alhambra motifs. Specifically the polish on the perlee edges, how shiny and precisely made they were. I'd stare at them on my wrist. The colored stones with the gold. Just perfect little creations that lifted my spirits. ***sigh*** I'm just an addict at this point. I have only one frivole piece, and one perlee piece. We'll see how long that lasts.

It’s so true!

I can’t get this necklace out of my mind - it’s certainly not in budget right now but perhaps for an anniversary in the future: https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e.../vcarp7ri00---frivole-pendant-mini-model.html

My only fear is that I definitely need the chain lengthened…hopefully VCA offers such services!

Do you have photos of your pieces somewhere? I’m certain I’ve seen them but I can’t recall where!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so true!

I can’t get this necklace out of my mind - it’s certainly not in budget right now but perhaps for an anniversary in the future: https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e.../vcarp7ri00---frivole-pendant-mini-model.html

My only fear is that I definitely need the chain lengthened…hopefully VCA offers such services!

Do you have photos of your pieces somewhere? I’m certain I’ve seen them but I can’t recall where!
That is a gorgeous, low maintenance daily pendant. Pave is great cause you don’t have to baby it.

Yes if you buy from vca they will lengthen for you for free within first 3 months (I think). Confirm with them for number of months.
Go to the forum that shall not be mentioned and search vca there. I’m sure there are pics.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
5447D0C3-385F-440F-B1D0-31276EFAD9E9.jpeg

I wear this combo so much. Can’t get enough of these earrings :love:

I might have the small MOP Cosmos earrings coming my way soon too!! Playing a few timing games on that one. We’ll see end of month if things work out ::)

I also want the small pave Cosmos earrings… Those are apparently now made to order. Which is different from special order in that MTO is for listed items, but they’re not available (in stock) at stores - literally made at customer request. Price is as listed, no SO premium. I’ve been told it’ll take 6-9 months (that wait might depend on the piece/line too).

This set is utterly divine. You always have amazing pieces and they make me stop and ponder. This bracelet is so feminine and now has been added to my list

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
My two Alhambra bracelets ( along with something new!)

IMG_4063.jpg

The blue next to the white is so fresh and lovely. And look at your new piece! Whoo-hoo!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today’s combo ❤️ Lapis from @diamondseeker2006 and the rings are blurry but there’s a small WG Perlee pearls of gold from @LLJsmom in the stack - PS preloved extravaganza :bigsmile:

D472871A-103D-471F-95B0-1B9B444B52DE.jpeg

Attachments

• 0C456A80-B4B3-45D7-A5FE-BE49CDC95C87.jpeg
    0C456A80-B4B3-45D7-A5FE-BE49CDC95C87.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 29
  • F3CFFC08-A38E-48EF-9AAB-0080B574D873.jpeg
    F3CFFC08-A38E-48EF-9AAB-0080B574D873.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
❤️ My ghost will haunt anyone who even thinks about prying those pearls from my cold dead corpse :lol:

What's the size of those babies?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's the size of those babies?
They’re 11.9mm - WSS from Pearl Paradise ::) I’ve been wearing them a lot. This is the biggest I can do without blingdots.

I seriously could NOT make the phone focus on the bracelet - it kept jumping back to my face… Fantastic facial recognition software, just not what I wanted right then lol!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
These are not mine yet (and may never be, but a girl can dream!) - I had a great time trying on the Sweet and Magic pave alhambra earrings in store.

I love a good ear party (I have nine ear piercings in total) and my holy grail look is to stack the Sweet and Magics together.

Screenshot_20211023_105138_com.huawei.himovie.overseas_edit_2079114547511396.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211023_104335.jpg
    IMG_20211023_104335.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 58

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are not mine yet (and may never be, but a girl can dream!) - I had a great time trying on the Sweet and Magic pave alhambra earrings in store.

I love a good ear party (I have nine ear piercings in total) and my holy grail look is to stack the Sweet and Magics together.

Screenshot_20211023_105138_com.huawei.himovie.overseas_edit_2079114547511396.jpg

Ohhh what a combo :love::cool2::appl:Looks fantastic on you!!
Y’know, I’m trying to think and I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone stack these pieces! I’ve seen Frivole stacks but these two… Can’t think of any pics!
#trendsetter!!

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

Very pretty! Love your Tiffany Bean necklace too!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw this today and was so tempted to buy it — it’s incredible, truly wearing art

B6416449-B6F2-4E36-A6F5-027746D9F686.jpeg

The guilloche is so shiny!! I don’t have any but I totally get the appeal ❤️

You could do the carnelian and guilloche too, if you wear a lot of red… ::)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw this today and was so tempted to buy it — it’s incredible, truly wearing art

B6416449-B6F2-4E36-A6F5-027746D9F686.jpeg

That is a hard to find piece! Are you seriously considering?

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
It’s so true!

VCA does resize items for 90 days. (Free, later there is a charge.) They even send you a prepaid label for FedEx express shipping so all you have to do is ship it if you're not near a store. So feel free to shop away! ;-)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VCA does resize items for 90 days. (Free, later there is a charge.) They even send you a prepaid label for FedEx express shipping so all you have to do is ship it if you're not near a store. So feel free to shop away! ;-)
I’ve actually never paid an alteration fee with VCA - even for online purchases that I dropped off at random boutiques to have adjusted years after purchase.
What @Cinders says is the official policy though. So I definitely wouldn’t count on any freebies after that window.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was an exciting VCA day in Yssieville!! :read:

My SA has my Cosmos MOP earrings! Mine are the small size. I’d asked her to adjust them before mailing them out to me - I wanted the short stock posts replaced with longers and soldered in, and the clips opened a touch. She mailed them out today and I’ll get them tomorrow!! :love:

And my pave Cosmos earrings are officially in the books!! :bigsmile: I’ve been warned that it’ll likely take 6-9 months - nothing’s happening anytime soon. So… I *can* wait but… Yeah I’m pretty sure I’m gonna get pretty antsy pretty quick here :lol:

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
The guilloche is so shiny!! I don’t have any but I totally get the appeal ❤️

You could do the carnelian and guilloche too, if you wear a lot of red… ::)
The shine on that bracelet was unreal!! It felt just as luxe as wearing shiny diamonds, which sounds like a crazy thing to say! I fell hard.

That is a hard to find piece! Are you seriously considering?
It’s funny, I wasn’t sure VCA would be my style, but I figured I should take the opportunity to browse the boutique. And then I tried on the guilloche and LOVED it.

I seriously considered buying it on the spot but it wasn’t something I was planning on, and I had just been to Cartier and I think I want to get a RG juste en clou bracelet first. But man it was so hard to take that bracelet off, and sure enough, it sold a couple hours after I passed on it haha. So now I have something else to put on my wish list for a second bracelet after the Cartier!

I need beautiful skin like this!!!!!!!

Haha - that was actually the pic from the SA; I was so excited that I forgot to get any good pics :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The shine on that bracelet was unreal!! It felt just as luxe as wearing shiny diamonds, which sounds like a crazy thing to say! I fell hard.

It’s funny, I wasn’t sure VCA would be my style, but I figured I should take the opportunity to browse the boutique. And then I tried on the guilloche and LOVED it.

I seriously considered buying it on the spot but it wasn’t something I was planning on, and I had just been to Cartier and I think I want to get a RG juste en clou bracelet first. But man it was so hard to take that bracelet off, and sure enough, it sold a couple hours after I passed on it haha. So now I have something else to put on my wish list for a second bracelet after the Cartier!

Haha - that was actually the pic from the SA; I was so excited that I forgot to get any good pics :D

Welcome to the follow addicts club! Jump right in! The water’s warm. :lol-2: I’m sorry you started with that bracelet. I bet that bracelet won’t leave your consciousness anytime soon.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went to VCA today. Rather than helping prune the wishlist - I think I’ve added to it…

644EC8FB-00C4-4E76-B49C-386AF0D16051.jpeg

D019060A-8A90-4783-B716-025A922111F8.jpeg

F4CFF3CD-01DB-4D5B-9D3C-C7E3B8CC2B8F.jpeg

78FB38F7-2A23-4B60-A7DD-A85709288DAA.jpeg

These lovelies came in today!!

My camera is out of battery and I have no idea where the charger is ;( So I'm using an older one. And it's kinda not cooperating, I'll have to take some more pics some other time - I'm not even going to attempt earshots with this thing :lol:

These earrings. Even better than I remembered. These earrings are the epitome of feminine. The RG with MOP makes such a romantic duo, and the single pave petal is a delicate hint of sparkle - just enough to light the face and catch the eye in-person :love: And they're SO unbelievably comfortable. With the longer posts and the clips opened a little they really feel weightless on the ears! I see myself reaching for these regularly ::)
And the shape and size and half-on-half-off-the-lobe fit suits *me* so much better than the small size Frivole. I feel very good about choosing Cosmos over Frivole for my first pave earrings :bigsmile:

Background is a beautiful VCA coffee table book named Florae ❤️

B1.png

B3.png

B2.png

B4.png

B5.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

With my Rose de Noel.

The Rose de Noel is MOP in YG and the Cosmos is MOP in RG, and the RdN petals aren't bordered with metal. My SA told me that once upon a time VCA made RdN BTF rings, but they yanked them right away (I don't recall if she said before general release or immediately following) because... The RdN MOP is just pearl that's glued into its backing, as pearls always are, and the daily pressures on a ring would make those long lean petals that much more prone to coming unglued. The Cosmos petals - ensconced in metal bezels - are much more secure!!

The metal boundary seems to have two effects: It both darkens the MOP and, interestingly, appears to make it more iridescent. On close inspection the cabs in both my RdN and my Cosmos have some texture within the material, and in the Cosmos that texture picks up light and turns it into very subtle colour play, like the flat Alhambra WMOP slabs do - whereas in the RdN all I see is smooth bright white pearl sheen that somehow glosses right over the texture. Both are gorgeous, I have no preference for one flavour over the other ::)

I have to say that I'm loving this WMOP thing. I feel like I need some earrings with MOP in WG to complete the set... :lol:

B6.png

B7.png

And a quickie of the details on the backs - so pretty from this side too :love:

B8.png

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These lovelies came in today!!

My camera is out of battery and I have no idea where the charger is ;( So I'm using an older one. And it's kinda not cooperating, I'll have to take some more pics some other time - I'm not even going to attempt earshots with this thing :lol:

These earrings. Even better than I remembered. These earrings are the epitome of feminine. The RG with MOP makes such a romantic duo, and the single pave petal is a delicate hint of sparkle - just enough to light the face and catch the eye in-person :love: And they're SO unbelievably comfortable. With the longer posts and the clips opened a little they really feel weightless on the ears! I see myself reaching for these regularly ::)
And the shape and size and half-on-half-off-the-lobe fit suits *me* so much better than the small size Frivole. I feel very good about choosing Cosmos over Frivole for my first pave earrings :bigsmile:

Background is a beautiful VCA coffee table book named Florae ❤️

B1.png

B3.png

B2.png

B4.png

B5.png

With my Rose de Noel.

The Rose de Noel is MOP in YG and the Cosmos is MOP in RG, and the RdN petals aren't bordered with metal. My SA told me that once upon a time VCA made RdN BTF rings, but they yanked them right away (I don't recall if she said before general release or immediately following) because... The RdN MOP is just pearl that's glued into its backing, as pearls always are, and the daily pressures on a ring would make those long lean petals that much more prone to coming unglued. The Cosmos petals - ensconced in metal bezels - are much more secure!!

The metal boundary seems to have two effects: It both darkens the MOP and, interestingly, appears to make it more iridescent. On close inspection the cabs in both my RdN and my Cosmos have some texture within the material, and in the Cosmos that texture picks up light and turns it into very subtle colour play, like the flat Alhambra WMOP slabs do - whereas in the RdN all I see is smooth bright white pearl sheen that somehow glosses right over the texture. Both are gorgeous, I have no preference for one flavour over the other ::)

I have to say that I'm loving this WMOP thing. I feel like I need some earrings with MOP in WG to complete the set... :lol:

B6.png

B7.png

And a quickie of the details on the backs - so pretty from this side too :love:

B8.png
These are both incredibly gorgeous! Lucky you to not have to choose just one pair! I love them both, but my favorites are the Cosmos. They are perfection in every respect! They both look great on you, too!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are both incredibly gorgeous! Lucky you to not have to choose just one pair! I love them both, but my favorites are the Cosmos. They are perfection in every respect! They both look great on you, too!

Thank you!! I’ve been surprising myself with how often I wear the RdN so I’m confident these will get lots and lots of use!

I always thought I was a #SingleStoneStud or #Dangle girl. But single stone studs do err super casual, and let’s face it - they can get a bit boring after a while! And dangly earrings feel SO not-casual to me. All dangly earrings. For whatever reasons. So this whole “fancy studs” thing is a woefully unfulfilled niche in my jewellery wardrobe :bigsmile:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@yssie your collection is slaying me. Can you take a collection pic so that I can drool over them? Wish I can play with your jewelry box!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results