shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
2021 was the year I began my VCA collection. It is small and humble compared to most ladies on here. But I'd like to join the party and show what I have so far.

For my birthday last spring, I received a pair of onyx Vintage Alhambra earrings from my wonderful husband. My MIL gave me a gift certificate that I used to purchase the matching bracelet. I adore them and wear them all the time! They go with so many outfits and they get the most frequent compliments from strangers (most have no idea what VCA is) than any jewelry piece(s) I own.

Last weekend, I purchased Sweet Alhambra Earrings in turquoise. Wow, does the color pop! Often I work in the field and so I need a smaller, understated and non-dressy pair of earrings. These are perfect!

My sales associate at the Houston boutique (where I purchased all of them) is one of the best SAs I've ever encountered anywhere. He is always gracious, always hilarious and fun-loving, and always a gentleman. He gives my husband & I little extras, from chocolates, to yummy scented candles, to a lovely book on VCA (see pics below.) He has sold me on the experience of purchasing from VCA and from him.

Without further ado, here is my humble collection...

1 My VCA Vintage Alhambra Family small.jpg

2 IMG_2268.jpg

3 IMG_2277 tweaked.jpg

Absolutely beautiful collection in such a short time. and we have the same salesperson. He is an absolute treasure and such a joy to work with.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
"My trays of sparklies remind me of trays of multi-colored candy in French markets."
:love: :love: :love:

The past few days I've been daydreaming about a 20 too. In rock crystal - the most neutral stone there ever could be. But I don't wear necklaces... So I suspect I would balk before forking any cash over.

I hope they add more WG pieces! They'd be so popular. The SO premium is tough to stomach :???:

Thank you so much for sharing.

I experience the same thing with yellow gems/pearls and even low colored stones. I desperately wanted a warmer colored diamond, and once I got it I realized how poorly it suited me! In a way, it’s a blessing, otherwise I’d be fixated on getting huge GSS pearls! :lol:

I love the YG with black design elements - like enamel, niello and onyx. Perhaps I should give that a try. Your VCA onyx pieces are drool-worthy!

I have also recently become infatuated with our rose gold. You bought a beautiful RG faberge egg pendant, right? It was stunning…I will always have my core “essentials” in platinum, but I think that the secondary metal is going to be rose gold. Totally agree that it’s relief that there a variety of more refined RG pieces…I’m smitten now! I’ve been curious about more “peachy” or “apricot” alloys as well. I just haven’t had the chance to see them in person.

thank you for painting a picture of your “palette” for me - I tend to wear neutrals (lots of cool greys and bright white) but love pops of color with jewelry or patterns in textiles. You’re inspiring me to broaden my horizons!

My two core collections are platinum/wg for diamonds and RG for VCA. Rose gold is my absolute favorite the only issue is that most offerings in the Alhambra line are SO with 30% premium. I have done that for 3 bracelets so far. It was pricey but so worth it to me. Also the RG blends nicely with their YG pieces. Can’t wait to see what you get.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful collection in such a short time. and we have the same salesperson. He is an absolute treasure and such a joy to work with.

Thanks so much Missie!

Your collection is gorgeous! What piece do you have your eye on next?

We should put together a Houston area PS GTG at some point in the future. :) I think there are a bunch of us in and around town.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much Missie!

Your collection is gorgeous! What piece do you have your eye on next?

We should put together a Houston area PS GTG at some point in the future. :) I think there are a bunch of us in and around town.

So I want the turquoise butterfly sweet earrings and 10 or 20 motif RG Alhambra. I can’t decide it what GMOP or MOP. I actually don’t live in Houston although I did go to undergrad there lol. I was trying to get lucky bracelet thru online and the Houston store had it. He was my salesperson and that’s how it started lol. He and I converse and he tells me his thoughts and helps me build out my collection. I’m going to fly in As my stepdaughter is now in school in Houston so I’m available for the met and greet. How fun can’t wait

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few modeling shots.

(The first two were taken last spring and I hadn't had my hair done in a long time, major Covid roots! LOL!)

4 IMG_9285.jpg

5 IMG_9295.jpg

The YG and onyx are your colors. I totally get the traumatized-by-Alexis-Colby's -giant-YG- doorknob-earrings syndrome but VCA is the best antidote for it. This combo is stunning on you because both colors pop on you, but there seems to be enough warmth in your skin tone not to reject the black, yet you're fair enough that YG pops too. I can really see a 10 motif YG and onyx on you right in this picture. Is that on your list? The TQ sweets is a super pretty and light look which is great for 24/7 wear (other than it can't get wet). I can also see you getting a pair of YG and onyx sweets just to change things up. What else are you considering?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I have to say that the turquoise earrings are the most beautiful ones they make and they look amazing on you. I'd really love a pair - put it on the wishlist.

Me too, I love turquoise and VCA’s is perfection.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
My small, but hopefully growing, family of VCA:

IMG_3772.jpg

Oh my! May I ask what size are your frivole earrings? I have my eye on the minis but it’s hard to tell how they are proportionally different!

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! May I ask what size are your frivole earrings? I have my eye on the minis but it’s hard to tell how they are proportionally different!

They are the mini and small. I love both sizes. The mini's are my perfect everyday earring. I don't enjoy wearing diamond studs any longer, and the VCA mini has more visual impact on me.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
The YG and onyx are your colors. I totally get the traumatized-by-Alexis-Colby's -giant-YG- doorknob-earrings syndrome but VCA is the best antidote for it. This combo is stunning on you because both colors pop on you, but there seems to be enough warmth in your skin tone not to reject the black, yet you're fair enough that YG pops too. I can really see a 10 motif YG and onyx on you right in this picture. Is that on your list? The TQ sweets is a super pretty and light look which is great for 24/7 wear (other than it can't get wet). I can also see you getting a pair of YG and onyx sweets just to change things up. What else are you considering?

Thank you so much LLJsmom! I'm totally in love with your jewelry collection, so your words of encouragement mean a lot! :)

Yes, I would really like a 10 or 20 motif necklace. I can't decide which stones (or no stones.) The contenders are: RG by itself/no stones; onyx & YG; carnelian & YG. If I had all the $ in the world, I'd love a lapis or TQ 10/20 motif, but that's not going to happen in this lifetime.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
My small, but hopefully growing, family of VCA:

IMG_3772.jpg

LOVE LOVE LOVE your collection!!!!

Those MOP YG pieces I especially adore! Was the WG guilloche pendant a holiday piece? Its gorgeous!

Would love to see some action shots if you feel comfortable sharing.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
They are the mini and small. I love both sizes. The mini's are my perfect everyday earring. I don't enjoy wearing diamond studs any longer, and the VCA mini has more visual impact on me.

wonderful. i am realizing im not much of a "diamond studs girl" myself

if it isn't too much trouble, i would be curious to see a size comparison!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
It's been a while since I've visited this thread and I am so enjoying looking at everyone's collection.

They are so well curated and cohesive and so much thought goes into which piece to get next. My purchases are much more disorganized and a mix of pieces from different lines.

I haven't bought any VCA for a while now (last purchase was the 3 flower socrates earrings last year) but I wanted to share this ring that I recently tried on that gave me the chills. The mystery set perfectly fitted cabochon rubies and the butterfly motifs were just amazing. So iconic.
Please excuse my taped up finger and the photo is so compressed that's the rubies look so washed out. In person they were very lively.

IMG_3333.PNG

I couldn't stop smiling until I heard the price. I knew it would be expensive but wow, never in my lifetime. Still, I was disappointed to hear it sold the next day! lol!

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE your collection!!!!

Those MOP YG pieces I especially adore! Was the WG guilloche pendant a holiday piece? Its gorgeous!

Would love to see some action shots if you feel comfortable sharing.

Thank you! I was a bit "late in the game" in discovering VCA - I feel like I need to make up for lost time!

It is the 2020 HP- I was glad to have been able to purchase it. I wear it regularly!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been a while since I've visited this thread and I am so enjoying looking at everyone's collection.

They are so well curated and cohesive and so much thought goes into which piece to get next. My purchases are much more disorganized and a mix of pieces from different lines.

I haven't bought any VCA for a while now (last purchase was the 3 flower socrates earrings last year) but I wanted to share this ring that I recently tried on that gave me the chills. The mystery set perfectly fitted cabochon rubies and the butterfly motifs were just amazing. So iconic.
Please excuse my taped up finger and the photo is so compressed that's the rubies look so washed out. In person they were very lively.

IMG_3333.PNG

I couldn't stop smiling until I heard the price. I knew it would be expensive but wow, never in my lifetime. Still, I was disappointed to hear it sold the next day! lol!

Now THAT is a BTF.
Do you really need a house?
What if you learnt to photosynthesize?
o_O:lickout::shifty:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! Wow they are both lovely, but I see why the minis are perfect for everyday. I love them! I wish they came in rose gold…but c’est la vie! They both look great on you
You do really need to try them on though. The small size especially. The mini is a stud, easy enough. But the small is designed to sit ON the earlobe, vs. half-on-half-off like Vintage/Cosmos/etc. They look lovely on @Paisley2628!! But honestly they were super unflattering on me.

I know that rose gold as a special order has been approved in the past. No idea what they’d say right now though, I’m sorry to say!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5447D0C3-385F-440F-B1D0-31276EFAD9E9.jpeg

I wear this combo so much. Can’t get enough of these earrings :love:

I might have the small MOP Cosmos earrings coming my way soon too!! Playing a few timing games on that one. We’ll see end of month if things work out ::)

I also want the small pave Cosmos earrings… Those are apparently now made to order. Which is different from special order in that MTO is for listed items, but they’re not available (in stock) at stores - literally made at customer request. Price is as listed, no SO premium. I’ve been told it’ll take 6-9 months (that wait might depend on the piece/line too).

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
You do really need to try them on though. The small size especially. The mini is a stud, easy enough. But the small is designed to sit ON the earlobe, vs. half-on-half-off like Vintage/Cosmos/etc. They look lovely on @Paisley2628!! But honestly they were super unflattering on me.

I know that rose gold as a special order has been approved in the past. No idea what they’d say right now though, I’m sorry to say!

Oh interesting! This is good advice. I have no business shopping for VCA but one must have a wishlist for future anniversaries :lol:

I wouldn’t have even thought they’d consider a special order! I may have to inquire when the time comes…

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

I might have the small MOP Cosmos earrings coming my way soon too!! Playing a few timing games on that one. We’ll see end of month if things work out ::)

I also want the small pave Cosmos earrings… Those are apparently now made to order. Which is different from special order in that MTO is for listed items, but they’re not available (in stock) at stores - literally made at customer request. Price is as listed, no SO premium. I’ve been told it’ll take 6-9 months (that wait might depend on the piece/line too).

So beautiful. And that bracelet! It’s just impossibly feminine.

I honestly never pictured myself a VCA girl until I saw the Frivole line and this bracelet is my favorite.

It feels like Frivole was a gateway drug and now I find myself ogling other VCA pieces…I should tell my husband to buckle up! :lol:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous! What an exquisite ensemble.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much LLJsmom! I'm totally in love with your jewelry collection, so your words of encouragement mean a lot! :)

Yes, I would really like a 10 or 20 motif necklace. I can't decide which stones (or no stones.) The contenders are: RG by itself/no stones; onyx & YG; carnelian & YG. If I had all the $ in the world, I'd love a lapis or TQ 10/20 motif, but that's not going to happen in this lifetime.

Thank you so much. Your collection is always so thoughtfully curated. I know your pieces will work beautifully together. I am voting for the onyx and YG 10 motif. I can already visualize that on you. I'm not a person for sets but my gut says the 10 motif would look uhmayyzinggg with your onyx and YG earrings. You have the perfect complexion for VCA YG and onyx.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just love love love that you wear them. And of course you would. They look made for you. I'm talking about the Noels. The bracelet at this point just looks like a regular daily wear bracelet, nonchalant luxury.

But what's weird is that looking at the Noels in the case, they look fancy. But on you, they're just super pretty earrings that work with a casual cashmere v-neck, hair down. I sooooooooo love that. You bring them down to earth. When you have a chance, post more random pics of the Noels on in your everyday outfits. Can't wait to see the MOP cosmos!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful. And that bracelet! It’s just impossibly feminine.

I honestly never pictured myself a VCA girl until I saw the Frivole line and this bracelet is my favorite.

It feels like Frivole was a gateway drug and now I find myself ogling other VCA pieces…I should tell my husband to buckle up! :lol:

Yeah, that's about all he can do cause he ain't stopping this train!

Yeah, for everyone it's something different. For me it was the Alhambra motifs. Specifically the polish on the perlee edges, how shiny and precisely made they were. I'd stare at them on my wrist. The colored stones with the gold. Just perfect little creations that lifted my spirits. ***sigh*** I'm just an addict at this point. I have only one frivole piece, and one perlee piece. We'll see how long that lasts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results