shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom how has your perlee ring held up over time? I have been considering the small or medium width ring. I am leaning toward the small but just curious if you have enjoyed your ring and if it holds up to daily wear. Yours is beautiful.

So sorry I missed this question! I don’t ended up selling it because I don’t reach for it for my right hand. Though actually the funny thing is next year I can see myself wearing it. But that’s ok. A lovely PSer now owns it. It’s great as a stacking piece. But I found it lonely for a RHR.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
A few weeks ago my SA confirmed no more new special orders taken for the remainder of the year. One day I was talking to @m-2-b , and she said I should ask again. I told her I was certain that rule hasn't changed, but I could at least ask the SO prices of the two items I was thinking about. So, I texted the SA my question a few days ago, and she asked if she could call me when she didn't have a customer. It turned out she was busy until closing, but she texted me a video of one of the pieces I had asked about. I said it was beautiful and would likely order it when VCA allows SOs again. She said, "I have one here in the store for you if you want it!!!!" I was kind of in shock but extremely happy to get a SO piece with NO WAIT!!!

So here is my beautiful new classic solid white gold Vintage Alhambra bracelet! I now join @carbonfan and @LLJsmom (anyone else?) as having this one!
(Rainy day, dark pics, sorry! It looks so much brighter in person! I wish I knew the secret of making pictures smaller, too!)

VCAwgAlhambrabracelet1.jpg

VCAwgAlhambrabracelet2.jpg

VCAwgAlhambrabracelet3.jpg

Oh my goodness this is gorgeous on you!!!! Love, love, love! What an amazing and wonderful coincidence they had one!!!

You are going to get a ton of wear from this. It is truly a classic, iconic piece!

Enjoy and we'd love to see more pics as you wear it out and about :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely adore this on you, @diamondseeker2006! This bracelet was meant to be yours, and in the midst of the special order hiatus, too.... serendipity strikes again! I love it when things work out so perfectly! And I echo @LLJsmom's sentiments in loving the solid wg with your VC ring... they look like they were just destined to be worn together! I think you can easily wear either of them (or of course both!) on your right wrist. I really love them stacked, but it is great that either one can be worn as a standalone as well. (As an aside, your alternating wg and onyx bracelet is still on my list... fighting the urge to spring for it! I'm trying to picture whether it would work as a three-stack with the wg and the onyx 5-motifs or whether that would be too much...) Regardless, I am so thrilled for you as this is just such a perfect addition! :love: I truly adore the versatility of my wg 5-motif, and I know you will, too! Congratulations on snagging this beauty. I am just so happy that it made its way to you!

Thank you!!! Your pictures spurred me on to consider the special order next year! And even though you have the two bracelets, I honestly still would get the onyx/pave! You might not wear all three together, but you certainly could wear any two together. The wg/onyx/pave is likely going to be my very favorite Alhambra bracelet of all. Next year I hope to add some wg/mop which I think is gorgeous, too!

Oh my goodness this is gorgeous on you!!!! Love, love, love! What an amazing and wonderful coincidence they had one!!!

You are going to get a ton of wear from this. It is truly a classic, iconic piece!

Enjoy and we'd love to see more pics as you wear it out and about :)

Thanks so much!!! I bought the original solid yg as the iconic staple piece, but I realized that the wg would work SO much better with the rest of my jewelry. I had resisted SOs due to the increased cost, but I had decided this one piece would probably be worth it. I still can't believe I just asked about it and she had one!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
2021 was the year I began my VCA collection. It is small and humble compared to most ladies on here. But I'd like to join the party and show what I have so far.

For my birthday last spring, I received a pair of onyx Vintage Alhambra earrings from my wonderful husband. My MIL gave me a gift certificate that I used to purchase the matching bracelet. I adore them and wear them all the time! They go with so many outfits and they get the most frequent compliments from strangers (most have no idea what VCA is) than any jewelry piece(s) I own.

Last weekend, I purchased Sweet Alhambra Earrings in turquoise. Wow, does the color pop! Often I work in the field and so I need a smaller, understated and non-dressy pair of earrings. These are perfect!

My sales associate at the Houston boutique (where I purchased all of them) is one of the best SAs I've ever encountered anywhere. He is always gracious, always hilarious and fun-loving, and always a gentleman. He gives my husband & I little extras, from chocolates, to yummy scented candles, to a lovely book on VCA (see pics below.) He has sold me on the experience of purchasing from VCA and from him.

Without further ado, here is my humble collection...

1 My VCA Vintage Alhambra Family small.jpg

2 IMG_2268.jpg

3 IMG_2277 tweaked.jpg

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oops...just realized I don't have any modeling pics of the bracelet. Need to remedy that!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
@RunningwithScissors gorgeous collection and gorgeous model! Thank you for sharing your elegant and curated collection. The cheery turquoise Sweet Alhambra pop really does bring everything to life, and I can see how it broadens your repertoire. I‘m inspired, in multiple ways!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors I love the way you tell your stories. Short, sweet, and evocative.

I also have to say that I love your jewellery layout!! Your pieces all look sublime and that photo itself is lovely. Can I ask what tray you’re using there ? A friend wondered if it was a Stackers layer. I also need help just laying everything out to look nice in group photos! I wish I could ask you to arrange all my stuff, and take some nice group pics like the one you just shared :bigsmile:

Onyx is your stone. Wow. It’s so striking on you. I knew it must be!! I think these are the first action photos I’ve seen, of yours, but I may have missed some. The earrings and bracelet make such a versatile set - can’t go wrong!! And the turquoise is such a pretty POP of colour! I see why you fell ❤️

Having a good SA really makes all the difference. Congratulations on finding your VCA SA match!! And I can’t wait to see what you might add next!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
A few modeling shots.

(The first two were taken last spring and I hadn't had my hair done in a long time, major Covid roots! LOL!)

4 IMG_9285.jpg

5 IMG_9295.jpg

Gorgeous gorgeous. I have the same ones and like you, even people that I know have never heard of VCA will notice them and compliment! You know a design is good when this happens, wouldn’t you agree?

I also would love to know about your jewelry box or tray.

Shazam22

Rough_Rock
A few weeks ago my SA confirmed no more new special orders taken for the remainder of the year. One day I was talking to @m-2-b , and she said I should ask again. I told her I was certain that rule hasn't changed, but I could at least ask the SO prices of the two items I was thinking about. So, I texted the SA my question a few days ago, and she asked if she could call me when she didn't have a customer. It turned out she was busy until closing, but she texted me a video of one of the pieces I had asked about. I said it was beautiful and would likely order it when VCA allows SOs again. She said, "I have one here in the store for you if you want it!!!!" I was kind of in shock but extremely happy to get a SO piece with NO WAIT!!!

So here is my beautiful new classic solid white gold Vintage Alhambra bracelet! I now join @carbonfan and @LLJsmom (anyone else?) as having this one!
(Rainy day, dark pics, sorry! It looks so much brighter in person! I wish I knew the secret of making pictures smaller, too!)

VCAwgAlhambrabracelet1.jpg

VCAwgAlhambrabracelet2.jpg

VCAwgAlhambrabracelet3.jpg

That’s so awesome!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VCA looks so pretty in my jewelry box...

IMG_2406 small.jpg

All of your pictures are beautiful! Like you, I am a fan of onyx and turquoise! You are off to a good start on your VCA collection! Do you have any other items on your wishlist?

I do recognize the Stackers super-size as I have the classic (medium) size one with some pearl jewelry in it, and I will get the same one with the lid to store VCA pieces to make them more accessible than they are packed in the original boxes. I don't get the trays that stack with no lid.

Since others may be interested, here is the link:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2021 was the year I began my VCA collection. It is small and humble compared to most ladies on here. But I'd like to join the party and show what I have so far.

For my birthday last spring, I received a pair of onyx Vintage Alhambra earrings from my wonderful husband. My MIL gave me a gift certificate that I used to purchase the matching bracelet. I adore them and wear them all the time! They go with so many outfits and they get the most frequent compliments from strangers (most have no idea what VCA is) than any jewelry piece(s) I own.

Last weekend, I purchased Sweet Alhambra Earrings in turquoise. Wow, does the color pop! Often I work in the field and so I need a smaller, understated and non-dressy pair of earrings. These are perfect!

My sales associate at the Houston boutique (where I purchased all of them) is one of the best SAs I've ever encountered anywhere. He is always gracious, always hilarious and fun-loving, and always a gentleman. He gives my husband & I little extras, from chocolates, to yummy scented candles, to a lovely book on VCA (see pics below.) He has sold me on the experience of purchasing from VCA and from him.

Without further ado, here is my humble collection...

1 My VCA Vintage Alhambra Family small.jpg

2 IMG_2268.jpg

3 IMG_2277 tweaked.jpg

Wow!! Runningwithscissors!! Your VCA collection is amazing and you truly look like a model. And you do look like young Jessica Lange in her "Tootsie" days!:appl:
I always chuckle at your avatar as I loved the movie "Running with Scissors."
It's our family joke to quote from it saying "Mother did this " or "Mother did that" with my kids.
Like I never would want to buy them a water bottle unless "Mother was thirsty."
Or eat dinner late unless "Mother isn't hungry.":lol:
Thanks for the laugh.
Enjoy all your VCA finery!! It's awesome.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors gorgeous collection and gorgeous model! Thank you for sharing your elegant and curated collection. The cheery turquoise Sweet Alhambra pop really does bring everything to life, and I can see how it broadens your repertoire. I‘m inspired, in multiple ways!

Ahhh...thank you @MiniMinerva! Your kind words have put a big smile on my face today. :love:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
HI:

Gorgeous stuff @RunningwithScissors !! Looks beautiful on you! Those sweet earrings are perfect! I'd love some!

cheers--Sharon

Thank you Sharon! You are very kind. :)

The Sweets are easy to wear and comfortable, I highly recommend. The only thing is that the backs they come with are la pousette style, so are a little difficult for my fumbling fingers to squeeze to get them on/off, so I use other backs with them (usually "Chrysmela Extras") and those work great.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors I love the way you tell your stories. Short, sweet, and evocative.

I also have to say that I love your jewellery layout!! Your pieces all look sublime and that photo itself is lovely. Can I ask what tray you’re using there ? A friend wondered if it was a Stackers layer. I also need help just laying everything out to look nice in group photos! I wish I could ask you to arrange all my stuff, and take some nice group pics like the one you just shared :bigsmile:

Onyx is your stone. Wow. It’s so striking on you. I knew it must be!! I think these are the first action photos I’ve seen, of yours, but I may have missed some. The earrings and bracelet make such a versatile set - can’t go wrong!! And the turquoise is such a pretty POP of colour! I see why you fell ❤️

Having a good SA really makes all the difference. Congratulations on finding your VCA SA match!! And I can’t wait to see what you might add next!

:wavey: Hey Yssie! Thanks for your kind words. I have so much fun laying out my jewelry in my Stackers boxes. My trays of sparklies remind me of trays of multi-colored candy in French markets.

The tray in my photo is the top level of my box. I have three more levels below it, but I keep my most worn and loved items in the top two.

So many more VCA pieces are on my wish list. I have to say I'm devoted to the Vintage Alhambra line. I just like its graphic quality and un-fussy simplicity. I'm all about bold, clean lines. I 'd love a 20 motif in either rose gold or carnelian. I'd love the diamond melee earrings in rose gold or yellow gold. I'd love the diamond melee pendant in rose gold. If I could have their authenticity verified, I'd love some of the retired turquoise and white gold Vintage Alhambra pieces. But I am hesitant to spend a lot of money on something that's not directly from a boutique and that I know is real. Ditto the lapis pieces. (I'm not nearly as keen on the blue agate pieces.)

*Sigh* too many items on my wishlist!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"My trays of sparklies remind me of trays of multi-colored candy in French markets."
:love: :love: :love:

The past few days I've been daydreaming about a 20 too. In rock crystal - the most neutral stone there ever could be. But I don't wear necklaces... So I suspect I would balk before forking any cash over.

I hope they add more WG pieces! They'd be so popular. The SO premium is tough to stomach :???:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous gorgeous. I have the same ones and like you, even people that I know have never heard of VCA will notice them and compliment! You know a design is good when this happens, wouldn’t you agree?

I also would love to know about your jewelry box or tray.

Thanks Diamondyes! I totally agree about getting an extra boost from receiving compliments from people who don't know about VCA -- proof the pieces are just beautiful on their own. :)

My trays are the Stackers Supersize (in color taupe) that Diamondseeker linked. You can mix and match the different trays so the arrangement suits your needs. They do sell lids for the ones that don't come with a hinged lid if you want them.

Cheers!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
All of your pictures are beautiful! Like you, I am a fan of onyx and turquoise! You are off to a good start on your VCA collection! Do you have any other items on your wishlist?

I do recognize the Stackers super-size as I have the classic (medium) size one with some pearl jewelry in it, and I will get the same one with the lid to store VCA pieces to make them more accessible than they are packed in the original boxes. I don't get the trays that stack with no lid.

Since others may be interested, here is the link:

Hi Diamondseeker! Thank you! You are absolutely right, my tray is a Stackers.

Yes, so many VCA items on my wishlist. Diamond melee earrings and 1 motif necklace really make my heart sing. I'd also like plain RG earrings and a 20 motif necklace to name a few.

In the meantime, I'll just admire the beautiful pieces that you and the other ladies on here have -- beauties all of them! :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! Runningwithscissors!! Your VCA collection is amazing and you truly look like a model. And you do look like young Jessica Lange in her "Tootsie" days!:appl:
I always chuckle at your avatar as I loved the movie "Running with Scissors."
It's our family joke to quote from it saying "Mother did this " or "Mother did that" with my kids.
Like I never would want to buy them a water bottle unless "Mother was thirsty."
Or eat dinner late unless "Mother isn't hungry.":lol:
Thanks for the laugh.
Enjoy all your VCA finery!! It's awesome.

Ahhh...thanks so much Rubies!!! I'm blushing at your compliments. :)

I adore your style and your jewelry pieces -- many are in my inspiration file!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
VCA looks so pretty in my jewelry box...

IMG_2406 small.jpg

Oh wow, look at that!

I love your collection. It has a balance and cohesiveness to it that is so pleasing. It is evident that you are committed to classic, high-quality pieces that harmonize with one another.

I suspect we have very similar coloring, actually. I suspect it based on the color palette you've chosen, which is very distinctive and very similar to what I gravitate towards.

I love those black and gold pieces–I love yellow gold, but I struggle with it on me. May I ask, how do you style your YG pieces? I am wondering if you feel the black balances it out, or if you frequently pair YG with white pearls? Was just curious.

**EDIT - WHOOPS! I missed your images above. Yes, we have almost identical coloring! :lol:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much. I am seriously addicted to the GMOP stone.....I find this stone to be so flirty & a true neutral . I had serious help from our amazing SA.

It's really beautiful! I want one rose gold necklace for my collection, and was considering the GMOP/RG single motif necklace. Thank you so much for sharing your pics, it really helps me envision how special but also versatile this combo is!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, look at that!

I love your collection. It has a balance and cohesiveness to it that is so pleasing. It is evident that you are committed to classic, high-quality pieces that harmonize with one another.

I suspect we have very similar coloring, actually. I suspect it based on the color palette you've chosen, which is very distinctive and very similar to what I gravitate towards.

I love those black and gold pieces–I love yellow gold, but I struggle with it on me. May I ask, how do you style your YG pieces? I am wondering if you feel the black balances it out, or if you frequently pair YG with white pearls? Was just curious.

**EDIT - WHOOPS! I missed your images above. Yes, we have almost identical coloring! :lol:

Hi Cerulean!

Thanks for your kind words. :)

I went off of YG entirely for about twenty years (2001 - 2021). All the YG jewelry of the 1990's got too much and I thought I was done with it. I wore only the cool metals (plat and WG) until earlier this year when I started getting a hankering for YG again.

I don't look good in many types of yellow jewelry. Fancy yellow diamonds, though I think they are gorgeous on their own and on other people, look terrible on me! And diamonds that are warmer than G/H look dreadful on me too. Yellow pearls -- no can do!

What brought me back to yellow gold? Several different things. One was that I just needed a change from all my cool metals. Yellow gold is popular again which helped me get over seeing it as a frumpy 90's era thing. People are now styling YG in a way that's fresh again.

But the biggest reason I came back to YG was that I fell in love when I tried on the VCA onyx earrings. When I put them on, they just did it for me -- I had to buy them! And so, since I had a new piece of jewelry, I needed to match it with something! I started getting out my old (1990's!) yellow gold pieces and low and behold they actually looked good again!

I also used to not like RG because all I had seen up until that point was BAD rose gold (the kind at maul jewelry stores that was ghastly pink and involved far too much micro pave.) But as I started to expand my jewelry horizons, I began seeing beautiful, subtle rose gold at high end jewelry and watch houses such as Faberge, Breguet, VCA, etc. The antique look of the tones had me hooked! It was like tasting a homegrown tomato for the first time when all you'd eaten prior are hot house ones from the grocery store.

Now, my jewelry repertoire includes cool metals, rose gold and yellow gold. I can honestly say, after having a serious look in the mirror wearing the different metals and different outfits, that each color metal has its place in my wardrobe. Each looks good on me when I wear certain colors.

For example, when I wear all black, the YG looks better because it warms things up. When I wear magenta, or robin's egg blue, I prefer the coolness of platinum. When I'm wearing heather gray, RG looks stunning. When I'm wearing white, a pop of color such as turquoise looks great, or a contrasty black onyx is also fab.

So for me, not liking YG was more a metal block (I was scarred by the 90's fashion!) than it was about not looking good with my complexion.

Unfortunately, I've tried yellow diamonds, gemstones and pearls again and they still don't work with my skin. :( Even SAs in jewelry stores grimace when I put them on, and they are trying to sell them, LOL! Love them on other people, but sadly not on me.

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hi Cerulean!

Thanks for your kind words. :)

I went off of YG entirely for about twenty years (2001 - 2021). All the YG jewelry of the 1990's got too much and I thought I was done with it. I wore only the cool metals (plat and WG) until earlier this year when I started getting a hankering for YG again.

I don't look good in many types of yellow jewelry. Fancy yellow diamonds, though I think they are gorgeous on their own and on other people, look terrible on me! And diamonds that are warmer than G/H look dreadful on me too. Yellow pearls -- no can do!

What brought me back to yellow gold? Several different things. One was that I just needed a change from all my cool metals. Yellow gold is popular again which helped me get over seeing it as a frumpy 90's era thing. People are now styling YG in a way that's fresh again.

But the biggest reason I came back to YG was that I fell in love when I tried on the VCA onyx earrings. When I put them on, they just did it for me -- I had to buy them! And so, since I had a new piece of jewelry, I needed to match it with something! I started getting out my old (1990's!) yellow gold pieces and low and behold they actually looked good again!

I also used to not like RG because all I had seen up until that point was BAD rose gold (the kind at maul jewelry stores that was ghastly pink and involved far too much micro pave.) But as I started to expand my jewelry horizons, I began seeing beautiful, subtle rose gold at high end jewelry and watch houses such as Faberge, Breguet, VCA, etc. The antique look of the tones had me hooked! It was like tasting a homegrown tomato for the first time when all you'd eaten prior are hot house ones from the grocery store.

Now, my jewelry repertoire includes cool metals, rose gold and yellow gold. I can honestly say, after having a serious look in the mirror wearing the different metals and different outfits, that each color metal has its place in my wardrobe. Each looks good on me when I wear certain colors.

For example, when I wear all black, the YG looks better because it warms things up. When I wear magenta, or robin's egg blue, I prefer the coolness of platinum. When I'm wearing heather gray, RG looks stunning. When I'm wearing white, a pop of color such as turquoise looks great, or a contrasty black onyx is also fab.

So for me, not liking YG was more a metal block (I was scarred by the 90's fashion!) than it was about not looking good with my complexion.

Unfortunately, I've tried yellow diamonds, gemstones and pearls again and they still don't work with my skin. :( Even SAs in jewelry stores grimace when I put them on, and they are trying to sell them, LOL! Love them on other people, but sadly not on me.

Thank you so much for sharing.

I experience the same thing with yellow gems/pearls and even low colored stones. I desperately wanted a warmer colored diamond, and once I got it I realized how poorly it suited me! In a way, it’s a blessing, otherwise I’d be fixated on getting huge GSS pearls! :lol:

I love the YG with black design elements - like enamel, niello and onyx. Perhaps I should give that a try. Your VCA onyx pieces are drool-worthy!

I have also recently become infatuated with our rose gold. You bought a beautiful RG faberge egg pendant, right? It was stunning…I will always have my core “essentials” in platinum, but I think that the secondary metal is going to be rose gold. Totally agree that it’s relief that there a variety of more refined RG pieces…I’m smitten now! I’ve been curious about more “peachy” or “apricot” alloys as well. I just haven’t had the chance to see them in person.

thank you for painting a picture of your “palette” for me - I tend to wear neutrals (lots of cool greys and bright white) but love pops of color with jewelry or patterns in textiles. You’re inspiring me to broaden my horizons!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for sharing.

I experience the same thing with yellow gems/pearls and even low colored stones. I desperately wanted a warmer colored diamond, and once I got it I realized how poorly it suited me! In a way, it’s a blessing, otherwise I’d be fixated on getting huge GSS pearls! :lol:

I love the YG with black design elements - like enamel, niello and onyx. Perhaps I should give that a try. Your VCA onyx pieces are drool-worthy!

I have also recently become infatuated with our rose gold. You bought a beautiful RG faberge egg pendant, right? It was stunning…I will always have my core “essentials” in platinum, but I think that the secondary metal is going to be rose gold. Totally agree that it’s relief that there a variety of more refined RG pieces…I’m smitten now! I’ve been curious about more “peachy” or “apricot” alloys as well. I just haven’t had the chance to see them in person.

thank you for painting a picture of your “palette” for me - I tend to wear neutrals (lots of cool greys and bright white) but love pops of color with jewelry or patterns in textiles. You’re inspiring me to broaden my horizons!

I totally agree with you about having our "core essentials" in platinum! That's how I'm collecting too.

I bet you would look fabulous in RG. Please keep us posted as you acquire these new pieces! (Or even if you are just out in the world trying them on -- I would love to see!)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I totally agree with you about having our "core essentials" in platinum! That's how I'm collecting too.

I bet you would look fabulous in RG. Please keep us posted as you acquire these new pieces! (Or even if you are just out in the world trying them on -- I would love to see!)

you’re sweet! I will definitely keep you posted. I just bought my first rose gold piece - an antique curb chain bracelet - I’ll tag you! I’ll be eyeing your posts for new acquisitions too :)

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
It's really beautiful! I want one rose gold necklace for my collection, and was considering the GMOP/RG single motif necklace. Thank you so much for sharing your pics, it really helps me envision how special but also versatile this combo is!

I have that necklace as well. Here’s a pic so you can see them together as a set

Attachments

• 07227B44-D689-4F9D-80BB-2C2B9DC8A37C.jpeg
    07227B44-D689-4F9D-80BB-2C2B9DC8A37C.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 69
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results