shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I know, here I am responding to another two year old post :lol: I'm going back through this thread whilst pulling photos from my camera. SLOW upload. Plenty of time for a 68-page meander. And I'm seeing so many combos I love!! Some of them I wouldn't have gravitated to six years ago when this thread was first started, maybe even three years ago... I'm learning more about "timelessness" by the year.

And also a good friend's comment - not everything has to be a flower. Yeah, that. Not everything has to be a flower!! I'm actually seeing some things that aren't flowers for the first time these days :love:

My newly acquired agate bracelet - beautifully deep blue :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Agate Bracelet_1.jpg
Agate Bracelet_3.jpg

Wait. @Phoenix.
So you've got blue agate, turquoise, and lapis bracelets? Is that right?
How on earth do you decide which blue to wear!?
And okay, can I request a family shot of alllllllll your blue VCA?
:cool2: o_O:kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my husband got me the Vintage Grey MOP Alhambra pendant for our first wedding anniversary and I'm just so fascinated by the pink/purple flashes it shows! This is getting addictive, can't wait to get another GMOP piece next!

082017B4-677C-4BE9-918F-C052BC9B85FE.jpeg
D0632E05-1041-4182-AE64-7302DFF8E4D6.jpeg
A6F8AEB1-23F7-4232-AE17-67BB4452BD5B.png 1805A840-4320-45D3-813F-C324C6250E83.png ABCFABC7-3BB0-43BE-9D66-B83FBF965920.png

Wow.
No, really. Wow. Seriously.
So much purple and violet and blue in this stone :love: :love: :love: THIS is what I want all my GMOP to look like!! In my dreams.
This motif is like that Lightning Ridge N1 body opal with bright harlequin patterned red flash that you see in the display case and... You want it, but noone can buy it... But here you are - you own it. Lucky you! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess what came today!?
(And photos finally uploaded from my camera!)

This will be my next piece. I’m in love. :love:
Can I be excited here!???

My wonderful, fabulous, darling SA (to whom I was introduced by my wonderful, fabulous, darling PS friends ::)) just got hold of a pair of the mini MOP Rose de Noel earrings. We all know how impossible it is to find basically everything right now... She warned me that getting a pair might take six to nine months - but said she’d see what she might be able to poke up. I fully expected to wait at a year if needed. It took her... Exactly one week.

5838F277-66EC-4A04-8543-AA12F5447CD6.jpeg

Between my Perlee earlier this year, a preloved piece from a dear friend that I haven’t mentioned here yet because I haven’t taken any photos worthy of sharing, and these earrings... I have to say, I’ve had a year of VCA dreams. Cliched and overused and trite as this word is - I do really feel very very blessed right now ::)

They're magical :love:
I was trying to find the right words earlier, in a group chat, but I couldn't... Still can't. So I'll just copy a screenshot.

SCREENSHOT_F.png

I knew I wanted the mini size. There are currently two stone options in this size, MOP (white) and lapis. I chose the MOP because I loved the sheen in photos, and I generally prefer lighter colours near my face and against my hair... Seeing them today - right choice. Definitely definitely definitely the right choice :love:

So I attempted some #Exciting and #AnticipationBuilding unboxing photos. But I, um, don't think I succeeded, they just look sort of morose :lol: Oh well. Points for trying right? :twisted2:

My SA included a candle that rightly smells much too nice to burn. But I adore candles. So burn it shall. ::) Oh, and they're all out of travel pouches!! Inventory issues. Same story as everything else. She threw in one of the bigger pouches and I'll grab the right size next time I go in, assuming there's stock by then.

UNBOX1.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

UNBOX2.png

UNBOX3.png

UNBOX4.png

UNBOX5.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
U_1.png

They're deep enough off the ear to be visible face-forward. I LOVE that. :appl:

U_5.png

U_4.png

U_2.png

U_11.png

Really nice sparkly melee in these!! ::)

U_6.png

Even the backs are pretty :love:

I'll be taking them in at some point soon to have the clips opened a touch and longer posts soldered on. They're pretty ouchey right now. I wore them for a bit around the house anyway. Oh my goodness I love them!! I'll wear them a LOT, I know. Once they're de-oucheyed.
:bigsmile:

U_7.png

Last edited:

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
U_1.png

U_5.png

U_4.png

U_2.png

U_11.png

U_6.png

I'll be taking them in at some point soon to have the clips opened a touch and longer posts soldered on. They're pretty ouchey right now. I wore them for a bit around the house anyway. Oh my goodness I love them!! I'll wear them a LOT, I know. Once they're de-oucheyed.

U_7.png

These are truly stunning! Look wonderful on you. :kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
U_1.png

U_5.png

U_4.png

U_2.png

U_11.png

U_6.png

U_7.png

These pieces are just so beautiful. I kinda wish that there is a separate thread for these beauties. :kiss2: Words feel woefully inadequate.

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
U_1.png

U_5.png

U_4.png

U_2.png

U_11.png

U_6.png

U_7.png
Oh wow!!! These are the epitome of jewelry as art…it does indeed seem that the souls of the oysters have been reincarnated and imbued with light. They, and you, are beautiful and glowing with an intangible life-essence. I too hope they get their own thread with more of your artful photography…it would be a privilege to see more of this beauty!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@HollyC, @LLJsmom, @MiniMinerva Thank you!! I've been so caught up in Figuring Out My Wishlist lately that I'd kind of lost the excitement on these - until I opened the box and saw them! And then I remembered exactly why I'd fallen in love so fast :love:

I admit I thought about a separate thread but... I guess it feels more intimate this way, here in the topic thread with just the (relatively) few people who enjoy VCA ❤️

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@HollyC, @LLJsmom, @MiniMinerva Thank you!! I've been so caught up in Figuring Out My Wishlist lately that I'd kind of lost the excitement on these - until I opened the box and saw them! And then I remembered exactly why I'd fallen in love so fast :love:

I admit I thought about a separate thread but... I guess it feels more intimate this way, here in the topic thread with just the (relatively) few people who enjoy VCA ❤️

I totally get that. However, I do think that these jewels are so beautiful that anyone that loves jewelry would love them. How could they not? And I'm not biased at all you know... :lol:

The pieces feel alive, magical, so beautiful that they cast a spell when you look at them. When I look at the ear shots, they look like flying living flowers that decided they would just perch on your earlobes for a bit.

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
Wow.
No, really. Wow. Seriously.
So much purple and violet and blue in this stone :love: :love: :love: THIS is what I want all my GMOP to look like!! In my dreams.
This motif is like that Lightning Ridge N1 body opal with bright harlequin patterned red flash that you see in the display case and... You want it, but noone can buy it... But here you are - you own it. Lucky you! :love:

Awwww thank you for the kind words!! Definitely feel very lucky having this piece, but to manage expectations most of the time it looks more like the video here!

Still beautiful but the artificial lighting in the room definitely helps to make the flashes much more intense compared to natural lighting. Love it either way though![/QUOTE]

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
U_1.png

U_5.png

U_4.png

U_2.png

U_11.png

U_6.png

U_7.png

Wow it looks so ethereal and beautiful on you! Your collection is amazing, love each and every piece and this is such a lovely addition to your collection! <3

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
U_1.png

U_5.png

U_4.png

U_2.png

U_11.png

U_6.png

U_7.png

Wow.. these are truly gorgeous! Even the backs as you said. The stones are magical and the size perfect on your ear. They make a statement but aren't overwhelming in any way. Enjoy them!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
U_1.png

U_5.png

U_4.png

U_2.png

U_11.png

U_6.png

U_7.png
These are just magnificent, @yssie! You choose the most beautiful pieces and VCA certainly makes some of the most beautiful in the world! They look fabulous on you, too!!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
U_1.png

U_5.png

U_4.png

U_2.png

U_11.png

U_6.png

U_7.png

@yssie These are SOOOOO incredibly stunning!!! :kiss2: I’m admittedly biased as I’ve considered them myself but want to try them on. The last time I was in the boutique they only had the mini pendant which is also a work of art. You take such amazing pics and they look perfect on you! Please feel free to post a gazillion more!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww thank you for the kind words!! Definitely feel very lucky having this piece, but to manage expectations most of the time it looks more like the video here!

Still beautiful but the artificial lighting in the room definitely helps to make the flashes much more intense compared to natural lighting. Love it either way though!

I see a fair amount of purple even in this lighting :love: It is *much* more purple than my GMOP, mine has a lot of pink (which I like) and green (…meh). GMOP goals! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@astaeria, @Rubies-R-Me, @bling_dream19, @diamondseeker2006, @ac117 Thank you!! :bigsmile:

These are def a bit outside VCA’s normal (not high jewellery!!) lines - most of their flora is pretty stylized, these are almost photographic by comparison! Which is of course what I love about them ::)

I was wearing a black boat-neck T-shirt in those pics and the MOP didn’t darken at all - it’s totally opaque, and the sheen doesn’t seem to shift with lighting or environment. Pearls are SO persnickety, I assumed that glow would be more muted in unfavorable lighting? But cabbed WMOP is apparently much more forgiving!

My SA strongly recommended the mini size over the small for earrings. She said the small “looks like a woman plucked a tropical flower and put it up to her ear” - perfect for a pendant or brooch but too much for most people for earrings. And I can’t even imagine how much they must weigh :eek-2: The mini are 22.5mm diameter and 7.8g each - they aren’t small! BlingDots required for me.

@ac117 Fingers crossed you can try them on soon! Inventory is all over the place - seems to be luck as much as anything else. Curious what you think of MOP vs. Lapis, if you’re able to see both. I know the lapis is much harder to get, and it has more cachet… Would be stunning on someone who wears lots of brights, or has a lighter complexion than me!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
U_1.png

U_5.png

U_4.png

U_2.png

U_11.png

U_6.png

U_7.png

They are just beautiful, @yssie ! So perfect with your dark hair and against your skin. Wear them in good health and happiness!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
The frivole is here. The pictures won't be great, I am currently sporting a gorgeous rash on my neck . I will be walking around the house like Lady Macbeth this week; out, out, damned spot. But below the rash we have this: 20210809_121854.jpg

Maybe I need some kind of chic scarf to wrap around my neck. In the meantime I have slathered the area with calamine lotion, cortisone and antibiotic cream. Just picture me here, the wound care nurse at work:

I absolutely love this. No one is looking at your skin because all eyes are drawn to the flowers

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
U_1.png

U_5.png

U_4.png

U_2.png

U_11.png

U_6.png

U_7.png

These are so gorgeous and unspeakably beautiful on you, @yssie! That shimmery pearlescence just has a mystical quality to it! :love: They are perfection on you and just give that inexplicable glow. I am so happy for you and hope you enjoy every second of wearing them!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@iluvcarats, @canuk-gal, @carbonfan Thank you so much ::)

I love these!! They're so happy :love: In my head I'm calling them daisies for grownups :bigsmile:
This is the top half of today's WFH outfit. Yup. I'm this shameless :lol:

7E73F50E-AF7F-48CD-8981-035BF7356747.jpeg

Beautiful ear rings @yssie, they look so lovely on you. Haha I just notice the buzzy bee on your T-shirt, great choice of of shirt for your daisies.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I see a fair amount of purple even in this lighting :love: It is *much* more purple than my GMOP, mine has a lot of pink (which I like) and green (…meh). GMOP goals! :love:

I love her GMOP as well. The saturation is all over the place in terms of the different pieces but that’s what makes them special. I have diamond and gmop 5 motif ordered. Yep I’m obsessed with this stone. Hope it matches my current pieces

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love her GMOP as well. The saturation is all over the place in terms of the different pieces but that’s what makes them special. I have diamond and gmop 5 motif ordered. Yep I’m obsessed with this stone. Hope it matches my current pieces

The stock version in RG or is yours an SO? This bracelet is high on my list as well… And RG vintage pave earrings :))

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
The stock version in RG or is yours an SO? This bracelet is high on my list as well… And RG vintage pave earrings :))

The stock version in RG. My SA told me it will be next year before it comes in. I put down deposit on it. Glad for my pocket that it won’t be here till the new year lol. I have been toying recently with idea of RG vintage pave earrings or rg pave necklace either vintage Alhambra or Frivole. My concerns are as follows: with the earrings is how much will I actually wear them as I love my diamond studs and want to upgrade them from 3.4 to 4 carats. For the necklace the pave vintage would need to be in RG and I could stack with my rg gmop vintage Alhambra necklace. That would be so fabulous with new bracelet. I can’t do SO if it’s not available in RG because 20 motif RG in either mop or gmop is on my list to get and that’s going to be SO. I haven’t decided on the stone yet. The Frivole I love but that would be my only piece from that collection and not sure how it will work with my other VCA pieces. Would love to get everyone’s input as I’m all over the place

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Missie1 Your post is precisely the sort of merry-go-round I was taking some PS friends on just a couple of hours ago :lol:

My SA said the same thing, that several products wouldn't come in until 2022 - I'd specifically asked after Frivole earrings. I'll put a deposit down to get on the waitlist - and I, like you, am not exactly sad to know they won't show up until next year :halo:

For me studs come before any other earrings. Studs are my staples - no matter how many other earrings I have, I'll always wear my studs most often. So my opinion would be - if you're the sort of person who loves studs, then you can't go wrong prioritizing your 4ctw upgrade. I know that not everyone feels that way about diamond studs!!

I don't love having just one piece from any collection, because I like the option to match as well as coordinate. "Matching" for me means wearing in collection pairs... Earrings and ring, earrings and bracelet, earrings and necklace, necklace and bracelet, necklace and ring. (Well - I don't wear necklaces, but in that spirit). Would RG Frivole earrings and BTF ring be of interest to you? That combo would sandwich your Alhambra bracelet(s)/necklace(s) beautifully!

I'd like the large YG Frivole earrings, WG pave Frivole earrings, and @diamondseeker2006 reminded me tonight of the Two Butterfly BTF with pink sapphires - I need that ring. Just waiting on the money tree to sprout...

Last edited:

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
@Missie1 Your post is precisely the sort of merry-go-round I was taking some PS friends on just a couple of hours ago :lol:

My SA said the same thing, that several products wouldn't come in until 2022 - I'd specifically asked after Frivole earrings. I'll put a deposit down to get on the waitlist - and I, like you, am not exactly sad to know they won't show up until next year :halo:

For me studs come before any other earrings. Studs are my staples - no matter how many other earrings I have, I'll always wear my studs most often. So my opinion would be - if you're the sort of person who loves studs, then you can't go wrong prioritizing your 4ctw upgrade. I know that not everyone feels that way about diamond studs!!

I don't love having just one piece from any collection, because I like the option to match as well as coordinate. "Matching" for me means wearing in collection pairs... Earrings and ring, earrings and bracelet, earrings and necklace, necklace and bracelet, necklace and ring. (Well - I don't wear necklaces, but in that spirit). Would RG Frivole earrings and BTF ring be of interest to you? That combo would sandwich your Alhambra bracelet(s)/necklace(s) beautifully!

I'd like the large YG Frivole earrings, WG pave Frivole earrings, and @diamondseeker2006 reminded me tonight of the Two Butterfly BTF with pink sapphires - I need that ring. Just waiting on the money tree to sprout...

OMG we are so similar .....since I absolutely love love my studs and they are the priority no additional earrings. So the weird thing is that I’m not really a necklace person either. I am a bracelet lover and spend all the coins on my wrist. With my VCA wrist obsession I felt like another piece was needed to make set and tie in the arm. Since I only wear studs I decided to get few necklaces to have options-I currently have mop lucky butterfly and gmop vintage. The 20 motif Im on fence because I’m not sure how much wear it will actually get.

I’m not sure I would wear BTF Frivole ring. I don’t think it’s practical for my life. I need to try few on and see. I have appointment in Chicago next month so hopefully thru have stock for me to play around with. I do love the butterfly ring that piece is absolutely stunning

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a bracelet lover and spend all the coins on my wrist.
This is me in a nutshell!! I’ve only very recently started branching out from the wrist!

A twenty is a really expensive piece, and with the SO premium on top… Especially if you aren’t sure you’ll love it and wear it to bits… Imagine how many bracelets you could buy for that amount :lol:

It’s almost next month already! August flew! I hope your appointment is illuminating - I REALLY hope there’s enough for you to try on to get an idea of where to go next!! Spending thousands - tens of thousands - without being able to try things in first is thoroughly nerve-wracking!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results