shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Shazam22

Rough_Rock
:kiss2: Aren't these amazing? VCA turquoise is stunning!

A few years ago I bought the turquoise sweets because I gave up ever finding a VA turquoise pair. I used to think the sweets were too dainty but I am thrilled with them - they are so easy to wear (they feel like nothing on) and especially great to bring while traveling because they add a nice pop of color without being too flashy. They had a few pairs to choose from; I went with the medium pair (vs the lighter toned one). All personal preference of course. Best wishes with your choice!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
For those who desire turquoise and do not want sweet size, I have these Perlee turquoise earrings which to me are an awesome value (considering VCA) and go with other Alhambra pieces in white gold. I LOVE them for summer, and they are not at all too large. I'd say they have about the same presence as VA, but the diameter isn't as wide, I believe. They have a regular post and La Pousette back. @carbonfan I do love the Perlee bangles, too! There are definitely people who wear them with the VA bracelets!

VCA Perlee Turquoise earrings.jpg

@RunningwithScissors I am right there with you on wanting my studs settled because those are my most important earrings. I am not upgrading to anything as fabulous as yours (!!!), but I did decide I wanted to go larger, or slightly larger and higher color. So I have about 3 potential pairs and am going to try the larger ones first and then decide whether to exchange for just slightly larger and higher color. It's so difficult to choose when I can't go see them all at once!!!

I didn't know about those turquoise earrings. Thanks for sharing these! They are classic and I could see wearing them often. A daydream would be wearing them on summer vacation, while dining outside...perfection!

Exciting to hear about your stud upgrade. Are you waiting to receive the ones you're trying first? Will there be a show and tell soon? Yes, I agree with you that for those of us who like and wear studs, the studs are a true core foundation piece.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't know about those turquoise earrings. Thanks for sharing these! They are classic and I could see wearing them often. A daydream would be wearing them on summer vacation, while dining outside...perfection!

Exciting to hear about your stud upgrade. Are you waiting to receive the ones you're trying first? Will there be a show and tell soon? Yes, I agree with you that for those of us who like and wear studs, the studs are a true core foundation piece.

Yes, I think these turquoise earrings are sooo wearable casually, and I very likely will take them with me to the beach this summer! I am glad you like them!

I sent my current studs back to WF, and they now send the stones back for regrading by AGS to make sure they are in the same condition as when they were originally sold before sending the new ones out. It seems that AGS is slow right now, so it is taking longer than usual to get them back. The pair I am looking at first are a little smaller than the ones you are getting and H color, which is the color I've had all along. However, I am potentially interested in a higher color for my final pair, but the available options are smaller than these. So I have to evaluate size and color with the pair I have reserved first! I am just using inexpensive settings until I am certain which ones I will keep. Once I decide on a final pair, maybe I'll include any that I tried in my thread. I feel like you have made great decisions on yours, whereas I have made too many small increases in size!!! If I could only have one pair of earrings, it would definitely be my studs! I agree that they are a core foundation piece! Thanks for asking!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I think these turquoise earrings are sooo wearable casually, and I very likely will take them with me to the beach this summer! I am glad you like them!

I sent my current studs back to WF, and they now send the stones back for regrading by AGS to make sure they are in the same condition as when they were originally sold before sending the new ones out. It seems that AGS is slow right now, so it is taking longer than usual to get them back. The pair I am looking at first are a little smaller than the ones you are getting and H color, which is the color I've had all along. However, I am potentially interested in a higher color for my final pair, but the available options are smaller than these. So I have to evaluate size and color with the pair I have reserved first! I am just using inexpensive settings until I am certain which ones I will keep. Once I decide on a final pair, maybe I'll include any that I tried in my thread. I feel like you have made great decisions on yours, whereas I have made too many small increases in size!!! If I could only have one pair of earrings, it would definitely be my studs! I agree that they are a core foundation piece! Thanks for asking!

It is fun to watch your process, and I look forward to seeing what ones you select. I admire your keen eye and your classic style.

I know it can be a bit nerve-wracking figuring it all out (at least it was for me). To be honest, even though I don't have mine in my possession yet (I'll receive them this weekend) I'm not 100% sure they will be my FINAL version of studs. So I think we should be kind to ourselves and see our diamond journey as just that -- a journey, a winding path to figure out exactly what size/color/etc suits us. Otherwise, there would be far too much pressure if we had to get it exactly right the first time. And that's the great thing about our favorite vendors, they let us make even tiny adjustments.

Can't wait to see what you decide on!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors Thank you so much! I really agree with every word you said in your second paragraph! I am so thankful for these vendors with high quality stones and generous trade-in policies! It very well may be that my final pair isn't even there at the moment! I cannot wait to see yours! !! They'd for sure be a dream pair from my standpoint, as are all your beautiful pieces so far!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I have a question for those of you have been collecting VCA for years.

It seems that inventory is extremely low right now. For example, today I visited my local VCA and was told that ALL of the items I'm interested in are sold out (USA-wide). There are ZERO Vintage Alhambra Onyx 20 motif necklaces available, ZERO Vintage Alhambra Onyx earrings, and ZERO rose gold anything (earrings, necklaces, bracelets, etc) and ZERO yellow gold or white gold Guilloche anything available. And he went on to say that even if I were to put my name on a waiting list for any of them, it would be at least 6 months before I have even a prayer of a chance of buying one, that I'd have to buy immediately, sight unseen, when I got the call.

Is this usual? Or is this because of the pandemic limiting the supply coming out of France? Or is VCA even more in vogue right which increases demand at a time when supply is low?

I asked my SA and he didn't give me a straight answer. He kinda talked in circles.

So I'm asking you ladies who have been buying VCA for years: Has buying a classic VCA piece always been this difficult? Do you expect it to get somewhat easier to purchase after the pandemic is over?

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @RunningwithScissors i think it's a bit of both. Yes supply is limited because production has been slow due to shut downs of the workshops and when they reopened the number of artisans/jewellers that can work in a COVID safe environment was and is reduced. This results in waiting lists for items that is normally on hand for the boutiques. - many people are spending money on jewels as they cannot travel.
P.s, the Carnelian 20 is beautiful on you.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Hi @RunningwithScissors i think it's a bit of both. Yes supply is limited because production has been slow due to shut downs of the workshops and when they reopened the number of artisans/jewellers that can work in a COVID safe environment was and is reduced. This results in waiting lists for items that is normally on hand for the boutiques. - many people are spending money on jewels as they cannot travel.
P.s, the Carnelian 20 is beautiful on you.

Thanks Holly!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors I think the pandemic is definitely affecting supply and demand these days for VCA. Have you tried looking online? The WG VA 20 motif in MOP is in stock (plus returnable if you don't like it). The online package box is fabulous, too!

BTW, we need more pics of your fabulous new studs! :love::love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm, I see the earring, too, @RunningwithScissors ! I haven't looked to see if you have posted them yet, but I can't wait to hear what you think!

Yes, Covid and the numerous shutdowns in Europe have made the supply lower than most of us have ever seen. I know it must be frustrating for the sales people when people want to buy but they have so little to sell!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Okay, good to know that supply isn't usually this low.

Since I've almost completed my stud earring project, which took me about one year, I am now figuring out what my next jewelry wishlist piece will be. I like planning ahead.

I love the VCA 20 motif necklaces, and thought my next savings goal would be for one of them. But I was spooked by the super low inventory. I was worried that even when the pandemic is over, finding one would be a nightmare. I didn't want to set my heart on one, and work towards it for months, only to find out down the road that it wasn't an option.

Regarding the studs...I have the diamonds now in my possession (and on my ears!) BUT they are in temporary settings that I don't care for. So today I'm going to be posting in RockyTalky asking for everyone's help in designing a custom setting. Would love your input!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, good to know that supply isn't usually this low.

Since I've almost completed my stud earring project, which took me about one year, I am now figuring out what my next jewelry wishlist piece will be. I like planning ahead.

I love the VCA 20 motif necklaces, and thought my next savings goal would be for one of them. But I was spooked by the super low inventory. I was worried that even when the pandemic is over, finding one would be a nightmare. I didn't want to set my heart on one, and work towards it for months, only to find out down the road that it wasn't an option.

Regarding the studs...I have the diamonds now in my possession (and on my ears!) BUT they are in temporary settings that I don't care for. So today I'm going to be posting in RockyTalky asking for everyone's help in designing a custom setting. Would love your input!

I totally understand the feeling of being uncertain about VCA inventory! I need to find out myself what's not sold out from my wishlist! There's no telling how long it will take them to restock considering we have no idea if there will be further shutdowns in the next several months.

I've been through the studs settings so many times, so I am sure I'll have input! lol! But I am excited to hear what you are thinking! I have to decide myself and I'll mention that in your thread!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I totally understand the feeling of being uncertain about VCA inventory! I need to find out myself what's not sold out from my wishlist! There's no telling how long it will take them to restock considering we have no idea if there will be further shutdowns in the next several months.

I've been through the studs settings so many times, so I am sure I'll have input! lol! But I am excited to hear what you are thinking! I have to decide myself and I'll mention that in your thread!

Would love to hear what settings you are considering for your new studs and what settings you have had and liked and and haven't liked in the past.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
I have a question for those of you have been collecting VCA for years.

It seems that inventory is extremely low right now. For example, today I visited my local VCA and was told that ALL of the items I'm interested in are sold out (USA-wide). There are ZERO Vintage Alhambra Onyx 20 motif necklaces available, ZERO Vintage Alhambra Onyx earrings, and ZERO rose gold anything (earrings, necklaces, bracelets, etc) and ZERO yellow gold or white gold Guilloche anything available. And he went on to say that even if I were to put my name on a waiting list for any of them, it would be at least 6 months before I have even a prayer of a chance of buying one, that I'd have to buy immediately, sight unseen, when I got the call.

Is this usual? Or is this because of the pandemic limiting the supply coming out of France? Or is VCA even more in vogue right which increases demand at a time when supply is low?

I asked my SA and he didn't give me a straight answer. He kinda talked in circles.

So I'm asking you ladies who have been buying VCA for years: Has buying a classic VCA piece always been this difficult? Do you expect it to get somewhat easier to purchase after the pandemic is over?

Sorry to be late to this...I wanted to talk to my SA first, who told me that the limited inventory is directly resulting from the pandemic. It has been a frustrating year for them. Unfortunately, she couldn’t tell me how long they estimated it would take for inventory to return to “normal” levels. I only started following VCA in 2014 so I’m not a long-timer, but between then and now I’ve never seen the inventory this low. On a different forum that has had a VCA section for a long time, I don’t remember too many people reporting difficulty bringing in core-collection pieces like the ones you mentioned. I was recently looking for a pretty standard VA pendant in solid gold (YG/RG/guilloche) recently but even those are out. Rose gold everything is out (I did manage to find a RG sweet pendant but didn’t end up keeping it). I’m so sorry this has been disappointing for you especially when you’ve been planning for and dreaming of the gorgeous 20 motif! It does look dreamy on you. FWIW I don’t think this is typical of the VCA inventory and I don’t get the sense that VCA is trending in popularity more than usual? I think jewelry sales have been up during the pandemic of course, but I didn’t hear anything suggesting that was VCA-specific. Hopefully this hasn’t spooked you too much away from VCA. I would love to see your future 20-motif! Especially if it‘s the onyx you mentioned...I have that one on my planning list too!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to be late to this...I wanted to talk to my SA first, who told me that the limited inventory is directly resulting from the pandemic. It has been a frustrating year for them. Unfortunately, she couldn’t tell me how long they estimated it would take for inventory to return to “normal” levels. I only started following VCA in 2014 so I’m not a long-timer, but between then and now I’ve never seen the inventory this low. On a different forum that has had a VCA section for a long time, I don’t remember too many people reporting difficulty bringing in core-collection pieces like the ones you mentioned. I was recently looking for a pretty standard VA pendant in solid gold (YG/RG/guilloche) recently but even those are out. Rose gold everything is out (I did manage to find a RG sweet pendant but didn’t end up keeping it). I’m so sorry this has been disappointing for you especially when you’ve been planning for and dreaming of the gorgeous 20 motif! It does look dreamy on you. FWIW I don’t think this is typical of the VCA inventory and I don’t get the sense that VCA is trending in popularity more than usual? I think jewelry sales have been up during the pandemic of course, but I didn’t hear anything suggesting that was VCA-specific. Hopefully this hasn’t spooked you too much away from VCA. I would love to see your future 20-motif! Especially if it‘s the onyx you mentioned...I have that one on my planning list too!

Thank you MiniMinerva for your thoughtful reply. I really appreciate you taking the time to talk to your SA and report back to us. This is very encouraging that it is a temporary dip and hopefully, hopefully, the end of the pandemic is in sight. I know we all are looking forward to life getting back to something resembling normal, pre-pandemic times. I feel feel sorry for the SA's not having much inventory to sell, it must have been a difficult year for them. Fingers crossed the future is rosier for everyone!

Thanks again!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apropos of absolutely nothing - today’s bracelet stack ::) Cherry baroque Tahitians and RG Perlee :bigsmile:

AE52C8ED-6ED2-4FF9-AB1C-CC820F8E7389.jpeg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Huge price jump on the VCA website. :(

In the Vintage Alhambra line, the 20 motifs jumped approx $4K, 10 motifs jumped $2K

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
The single motifs jumped about $800.

The Perlee pendant in RG (another piece I had my eye on!) jumped from $4,600 to $5,900

:(

mjea

Shiny_Rock
My husband just gifted the vintage Alhambra carnelian from the online boutique but I think I will have him return it. The color is not as deep/dark as I like with their carnelian. Also when I hold it to the light, the stone has a few tiny air gaps on the sides of the motif? Has anyone had that happen? I’ve read in some places it’s normal but wanted to check here :)
I called the local boutique and they said there’s a shipment coming soon so I’ll roll the dice and hopefully there’s a color I like better in it.

E5E62886-BD95-4BEB-9CA2-2878694FC488.jpeg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@RunningwithScissors Is there any chance you are looking at the Canadian site? That happened to me one time. Right now when I check the single motif MOP yellow gold Vintage Alhambra I see it listed for $2540. Are you seeing something different than this:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors Is there any chance you are looking at the Canadian site? That happened to me one time. Right now when I check the single motif MOP yellow gold Vintage Alhambra I see it listed for $2540. Are you seeing something different than this:

Wow, I don’t know what to think now, but I’m relieved—I see the old prices now! When I opened a new window earlier, I saw the increased prices. The font looked different for the numbers. But it all seems back to “normal” now. I’m not sure what happened. @RunningwithScissors Is it back to the prior prices for you?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I don’t know what to think now, but I’m relieved—I see the old prices now! When I opened a new window earlier, I saw the increased prices. The font looked different for the numbers. But it all seems back to “normal” now. I’m not sure what happened. @RunningwithScissors Is it back to the prior prices for you?

Me too! I don't know what to think either.

I've never been on the Canadian site to my knowledge. I thought I was looking at the same VCA site I've always looked at in the past, but I guess it is possible I got connected with the Canadian site instead. So weird.

Whew, this is super good news the items didn't jump by so much $$!

LOL I'm such a tool! I was really upset for a good part of the day thinking everything had gone up so much.

Sorry for causing panic to everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results