shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Paisley2628 . Funny right? The thought of my old studs does nothing for me now. I'm actually thinking of more sweets in my collection. @MiniMinerva and @carbonfan I could use your help. You guys don't seem averse to smaller earrings. (Everyone loving VCA seems to go bigger and I am headed in the opposite direction.) I am seriously considering adding either WG and turquoise sweets, WG and carnelian vintage SO, YG and carnelian sweets, or WG and onyx sweets SO. I just know when I put on sweets I don't worry AT ALL about them weighing down my earlobes or stretching my piercing. At first I was set on WG and carnelian vintage SO but I'm concerned those will be as heavy as the pave vintage alhambra studs, which I have but rarely wear due to weight. The turquoise and carnelian sweets are easy, cause you can get them (at least when supply is back up). The other two are SOs, and aside from the premium, I hate waiting so long. Any thoughts? And although this is VCA, there is one Cartier pair I for sure will add...

Are you finding the small Frivole too heavy and uncomfortable on the ear? I wasn't able to try them on, as the boutique didn't have any in stock.
You mentioned the sweets. Have you tried on the mini Frivole? They are my daily go to earring.
The turquoise sweets are so pretty - especially since you own the turquoise bracelet!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They fabulous on you @carbonfan . :kiss2: That means they found the perfect home. So happy they will make it into your regular rotation. Can't wait to see your upcoming pieces. That solid WG 5-motif will fit right into your collection seamlessly. How long did they say it would take?

Aww, thank you so much, @LLJsmom! I am beyond grateful, as you have inspired me in so many wonderful ways, and I absolutely adore these hoops! :love: As far as the solid WF 5-motif bracelet, they quoted up to 6 months excluding August, so that will be October at the latest. And strangely enough I enjoy the delayed gratification aspect of a SO, and this piece is such a definite that I don't even mind the wait! But I have to say that seeing your beautiful VCA pieces gave me the courage to take the leap, so thank you again!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@carbonfan I love those, too, and I cannot understand why VCA doesn't continue to offer them? They'd sell so many! I also love the idea of the solid wg vintage Alhambra bracelet, but I am so hoping they will add it to the regular line because I hate the thought of paying a special order premium to get a different color gold!

Thank you so much, @diamondseeker2006! I am baffled by this as well, and I would not be surprised if they bring these hoops back (or a new iteration of them) at some point. The style is so versatile! In fact, I am tempted to get a matching bracelet for stacking, but can't quite picture how that would work with a 5-motif Alhambra and I think I would wear the Alhambra more. But I am not ruling out another VCA bracelet or two for stacking in the future!

And I completely agree with you about hoping they will add the solid wg Alhambra bracelet (and more wg pieces in general) to their regular line. They totally should, and who knows; maybe they will! But I am excited to secure this bracelet for now, as it has been haunting me for a while (in a good way!) and although I am normally quite patient, I am not quite patient enough to see if they add it to their line in the next few years, LOL! So I finally caved and ordered it!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ohhh...love these!

Love your Perlée hoops! Such classic yet fashionable piece :kiss2:

Thank you so much @RunningwithScissors and @thecatmom! I love the style as well, and I am not as creative with my jewelry pairings as some of you all are, so I need pieces that I can mix and match easily and that will serve me for a long time to come. So I am thrilled with these!

@RunningwithScissors, I am curious to know if you have narrowed down your wish list and which piece(s) you are leaning toward! My VCA wish list just keeps growing, I'm afraid... :lol:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Paisley2628 . Funny right? The thought of my old studs does nothing for me now. I'm actually thinking of more sweets in my collection. @MiniMinerva and @carbonfan I could use your help. You guys don't seem averse to smaller earrings. (Everyone loving VCA seems to go bigger and I am headed in the opposite direction.) I am seriously considering adding either WG and turquoise sweets, WG and carnelian vintage SO, YG and carnelian sweets, or WG and onyx sweets SO. I just know when I put on sweets I don't worry AT ALL about them weighing down my earlobes or stretching my piercing. At first I was set on WG and carnelian vintage SO but I'm concerned those will be as heavy as the pave vintage alhambra studs, which I have but rarely wear due to weight. The turquoise and carnelian sweets are easy, cause you can get them (at least when supply is back up). The other two are SOs, and aside from the premium, I hate waiting so long. Any thoughts? And although this is VCA, there is one Cartier pair I for sure will add...

@LLJsmom, I can totally appreciate the conundrum, particularly as there are so many tempting options! But I can also fully understand your preference for smaller, lighter earrings, and I think that the vibrancy of the turquoise or the carnelian would provide that extra "pop" of color while still staying in your comfort zone with regard to weight. And you have lived with the wg pave sweets for long enough to know that you love them, so there's that! I could easily picture you in any of the other sweets you mentioned as I know you would rock them all. But I'm thinking it would easy to try the turquoise sweets to see if you love them, and plus they would coordinate so beautifully with your other pieces and with your butterfly bracelet. :love:

Just my two cents, and of course you can't go wrong with the carnelian or the SO onyx, either! There is really no wrong choice, just the one that speaks to you the loudest... does one of these options grab you more than the others?

Last edited:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I know you didn't tag me but I'm not averse to smaller earrings or the sweet line at all! Some people like dainty, are more comfortable in dainty, or look better in dainty (maybe that's why those who don't call them childish?) but to each their own! Since you LOVE your pave sweets, I would eliminate the SO carnelian - while this might be a wish list item, I think you'll reach for them less since they will be heavier...and then what would be the point? My selection for you would be the turquoise. A gorgeous pop of color in a smaller size that will be extremely comfortable and fun to wear. The carnelian sweets are in rose so I don't prefer those (I think you also have the yg/carnelian vintage necklace?) and the onyx/wg sweets SO just wouldn't be worth it to me...as in they would be neutral so you could easily reach for your pave sweets instead. Excited to hear what you choose!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww thank you so much everyone! Before getting this pendant I've been religiously stalking through all the GMOP photos that everyone has posted and it has really helped a lot in helping me decide what type of GMOP or Carnelian I'd love to have! The VCA collections posted here is truly at a whole new level!

My SA in Singapore, Ion Orchard was really fabulous and I'd absolutely purchase from her again! I went in thinking of getting either the Perlee Couleurs in Carnelian or Mini Frivole pendant, or maybe the Vintage Alhambra pendant but that was very stone-dependent so it was less likely for me to get it as I've gone in a couple of times before and none of them really stood out to me. She was very friendly and helpful in recommending and taking out many pieces for me to try on and match, and I just fell in love with the GMOP version when I first tried it on!

After deciding on the GMOP from the display piece which already had a lot of the pink iridescence I was looking for, she brought out another 2 new pieces and one of it was this piece, which she was right in saying that it was darker than the other GMOP pieces but has the most beautiful purple/pink flashes and boy, was she right!

Here are some more photos/videos of the pendant in the day and when it's not actively flashing purple/pink, as I got it yesterday night and couldn't get day shots earlier!

17251A60-6D03-4B48-AF23-CE9EC862B613.jpeg BB6EB9F3-5E71-4FB6-A1AF-A3B8BB599C5C.jpeg A4E57215-31FF-4593-A7EE-F5DA016A1C3C.jpeg 1D7BD13C-C2CF-4F53-B057-541D21E52D51.jpeg

Congratulations! The flashes of color in your GMOP are gorgeous! :kiss2:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so enjoying seeing everyone's new VCA additions! And I must also admit that I seem to be gleefully diving headfirst into VCA obsession! My latest VCA snag is a pair of white gold Perlée hoop earrings that I absolutely adore. I have to give a huge shout-out to @LLJsmom for bringing these to my attention... thank you so much for putting them on my radar! They are so versatile, so "me," and they fit in perfectly with my collection!

I can feel the VCA fascination quickly sinking in... next on the list is a custom order solid white gold vintage Alhambra bracelet, and I'm still trying to decide on a few other potential pieces! Such fun decisions to be had! But for now, I am majorly loving these hoops! :love:

IMG_2661 (cropped).jpg IMG_2326 (cropped).JPG

Oh yes the slippery slope!! These look gorgeous on you and will also pair beautifully with your holiday pendant and/or your wg 5 motif when you receive it! It's great that you're choosing pieces that already go with what you have and what you know will be used long term! (I was a bit more impulsive but now trying to be more thoughtful/tie things together).

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! The flashes of color in your GMOP are gorgeous! :kiss2:

Awww thank you! Love your guilloche earrings and carnelian pendant too, they look stunning! so many temptations in this thread haha!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much @RunningwithScissors and @thecatmom! I love the style as well, and I am not as creative with my jewelry pairings as some of you all are, so I need pieces that I can mix and match easily and that will serve me for a long time to come. So I am thrilled with these!

@RunningwithScissors, I am curious to know if you have narrowed down your wish list and which piece(s) you are leaning toward! My VCA wish list just keeps growing, I'm afraid... :lol:

Hi Carbonfan!

I like your approach (and share it) of getting classic pieces that mix and match with your other jewelry.

You asked if I had narrowed my VCA wishlist. Yes! I LOVE the 20 motif Vintage Alhambra necklaces, so that's what I'm aiming for. I have narrowed it down to three: the onyx in yellow gold, the all rose gold, or the all yellow gold. I love the white gold one, but I can't afford it (it's significantly more $$$ because it contains the diamond melee).

My husband and I just purchased a stud earring upgrade, so my Sparkly Fund is back to zero at the moment! LOL. So VCA is going to have to wait awhile. (But my new stud earrings are on the way and I'm super excited!!)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
How ADORABLE is the new line of ladybug jewelry??!!!!! Lucky Spring I think it's called.

mail.png

Attachments

• mail-3.png
    mail-3.png
    405.1 KB · Views: 15
  • mail-2.png
    mail-2.png
    706.9 KB · Views: 13
  • mail-1.png
    mail-1.png
    692.7 KB · Views: 12

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
You are right @LLJsmom I am not averse to smaller earrings at all! The small Frivole are the largest earrings I have. When I tried on the VA, I thought they looked larger than the small Frivole, maybe because they primary plane of the earring is flat, whereas the Frivole are 3D?

In any case, I am like you about this too: always doubting myself because I am drawn to the Sweets yet humbly taking to heart all the advice to go bigger. For me that advice is definitely true for the pendants — I like delicate pieces but the Sweet pendants are too small — but for earrings I think there will eventually be a Sweet or two in my collection. I came very close to taking home the YG Onyx Sweet earrings once, I think because their bold contrast gave them presence in a smaller package, and an effortless casual look on the ears. So if it were me...I would choose the WG turquoise sweets. Their color makes them pop and the WG is a crisp, defined, shiny frame. In full disclosure, I have also been considering these myself especially as they would be so perfect for summer with bordering-on-boho flowy tops and linen. I didn’t personally like the carnelian sweets because they didn’t show up brightly enough on me, and there is a little less contrast between the RG and the color of the stone. The WG carnelian SO would be gorgeous in contrast, especially with a red-leaning carnelian! But they are definitely larger and for me would be a little less versatile given both their size and their color (I tend to wear neutrals and cooler colors). I don‘t think I would consider doing a SO for something as small as sweets, even though I would definitely have gone home with the onyx had they been in WG instead of YG.

IDK if it helps at all to see my mind dump, but I feel like we might be earring kindred spirits :D

And oooh what Cartier pair are you considering?

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
I am so enjoying seeing everyone's new VCA additions! And I must also admit that I seem to be gleefully diving headfirst into VCA obsession! My latest VCA snag is a pair of white gold Perlée hoop earrings that I absolutely adore. I have to give a huge shout-out to @LLJsmom for bringing these to my attention... thank you so much for putting them on my radar! They are so versatile, so "me," and they fit in perfectly with my collection!

I can feel the VCA fascination quickly sinking in... next on the list is a custom order solid white gold vintage Alhambra bracelet, and I'm still trying to decide on a few other potential pieces! Such fun decisions to be had! But for now, I am majorly loving these hoops! :love:

IMG_2661 (cropped).jpg IMG_2326 (cropped).JPG

Love these! I’m sad I missed out on them when they were in boutiques, they are such a classic! They are a beautiful size and shape on you.

And sooooo excited for your SO! That combo is a dream!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those who desire turquoise and do not want sweet size, I have these Perlee turquoise earrings which to me are an awesome value (considering VCA) and go with other Alhambra pieces in white gold. I LOVE them for summer, and they are not at all too large. I'd say they have about the same presence as VA, but the diameter isn't as wide, I believe. They have a regular post and La Pousette back. @carbonfan I do love the Perlee bangles, too! There are definitely people who wear them with the VA bracelets!

VCA Perlee Turquoise earrings.jpg

@RunningwithScissors I am right there with you on wanting my studs settled because those are my most important earrings. I am not upgrading to anything as fabulous as yours (!!!), but I did decide I wanted to go larger, or slightly larger and higher color. So I have about 3 potential pairs and am going to try the larger ones first and then decide whether to exchange for just slightly larger and higher color. It's so difficult to choose when I can't go see them all at once!!!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
For those who desire turquoise and do not want sweet size, I have these Perlee turquoise earrings which to me are an awesome value (considering VCA) and go with other Alhambra pieces in white gold. I LOVE them for summer, and they are not at all too large. I'd say they have about the same presence as VA, but the diameter isn't as wide, I believe. They have a regular post and La Pousette back. @carbonfan I do love the Perlee bangles, too! There are definitely people who wear them with the VA bracelets!

@RunningwithScissors I am right there with you on wanting my studs settled because those are my most important earrings. I am not upgrading to anything as fabulous as yours (!!!), but I did decide I wanted to go larger, or slightly larger and higher color. So I have about 3 potential pairs and am going to try the larger ones first and then decide whether to exchange for just slightly larger and higher color. It's so difficult to choose when I can't go see them all at once!!!
Thanks for sharing @diamondseeker2006 ! These weren’t even on my radar and I really like the presence of the turquoise on these. Do you find them to be similar in weight to the Vintage?

I’m also with you and @RunningwithScissors in trying to get my stud situation sorted. Not even close to as fabulous as either of yours of course but you girls are an inspiration! I’m vicariously excited for your decision regarding higher size and maybe color!

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you finding the small Frivole too heavy and uncomfortable on the ear? I wasn't able to try them on, as the boutique didn't have any in stock.
You mentioned the sweets. Have you tried on the mini Frivole? They are my daily go to earring.
The turquoise sweets are so pretty - especially since you own the turquoise bracelet!

Hi Paisley, actually I don't really feel the weight of the WG frivole. I'm fine wearing them a couple of days a week. In my head (which is seriously all screwed up), I visualize them dragging my earlobes. But I'm keeping the frivoles because I refuse to let myself be STUPID. I have tried on the mini frivole, but I could not see enough of the petals so I went up in size.

I do think I will go for the turquoise sweets. Ok, adding to my list!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing @diamondseeker2006 ! These weren’t even on my radar and I really like the presence of the turquoise on these. Do you find them to be similar in weight to the Vintage?

I’m also with you and @RunningwithScissors in trying to get my stud situation sorted. Not even as close to as fabulous as either of yours of course but you girls are an inspiration! I’m vicariously excited for your decision regarding higher size and maybe color!

I would guess they are similar in weight. I need some scales! They don't feel heavy to me, though.

I have upgraded my studs several times over the last 14-15 years with Whiteflash. All I can say is I don't know what I'd have done without the upgrade policy! I thought the last pair was the final pair, but I just didn't feel they were 100% what I wanted as the final pair! New stones were a little slower coming in during the pandemic, but I just watched and waited for more to come in before deciding to actually try some! I wish you success in getting your own figured out!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, I can totally appreciate the conundrum, particularly as there are so many tempting options! But I can also fully understand your preference for smaller, lighter earrings, and I think that the vibrancy of the turquoise or the carnelian would provide that extra "pop" of color while still staying in your comfort zone with regard to weight. And you have lived with the wg pave sweets for long enough to know that you love them, so there's that! I could easily picture you in any of the other sweets you mentioned as I know you would rock them all. But I'm thinking it would easy to try the turquoise sweets to see if you love them, and plus they would coordinate so beautifully with your other pieces and with your butterfly bracelet. :love:

Just my two cents, and of course you can't go wrong with the carnelian or the SO onyx, either! There is really no wrong choice, just the one that speaks to you the loudest... does one of these options grab you more than the others?

You're right. I have the sweets so I know the weight. The easy choice would be the turquoise sweets. What is wrong with me? I am dying for another pair, and I just bought one. I need a life. And I'm so curious as to the price of a SO sweet earrings. I would be irrationally willing to pay for something I would wear all the time...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Paisley, actually I don't really feel the weight of the WG frivole. I'm fine wearing them a couple of days a week. In my head (which is seriously all screwed up), I visualize them dragging my earlobes. But I'm keeping the frivoles because I refuse to let myself be STUPID. I have tried on the mini frivole, but I could not see enough of the petals so I went up in size.

I do think I will go for the turquoise sweets. Ok, adding to my list!

Yay, I am so happy to hear you say you are keeping the wg Frivole earrings, because they truly look great on you and would go with almost everything! These earrings with the clip backs just don't allow the earrings to weigh down the earlobes and stretch the piercing. That's the great thing about them, even though these aren't really heavy in the first place! I've pretty much avoided heavy large hoops, large drop earrings and that kind of thing, though. So my holes are not stretched at all. I am not worried about any of the VCA earrings I have tried on.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you didn't tag me but I'm not averse to smaller earrings or the sweet line at all! Some people like dainty, are more comfortable in dainty, or look better in dainty (maybe that's why those who don't call them childish?) but to each their own! Since you LOVE your pave sweets, I would eliminate the SO carnelian - while this might be a wish list item, I think you'll reach for them less since they will be heavier...and then what would be the point? My selection for you would be the turquoise. A gorgeous pop of color in a smaller size that will be extremely comfortable and fun to wear. The carnelian sweets are in rose so I don't prefer those (I think you also have the yg/carnelian vintage necklace?) and the onyx/wg sweets SO just wouldn't be worth it to me...as in they would be neutral so you could easily reach for your pave sweets instead. Excited to hear what you choose!

Hi @ac117 . Another sweet lover? Yes! I'll keep that in mind when I need sweet consultations. Thank you for chiming in. You make a good point about the vintage size, and maybe I wouldn't reach for them much. Hmmmm.... duuuude... you make a good point. I should leave all my earrings within reach and just see what I reach for. The thing is, maybe the stone vintage size would be lighter than the gold and pave size. Maybe I need to just buy a pair of vintage and just see. Test them out... At first I thought I wouldn't consider SO of the sweets. But if I wore the heck out of them, I would have no problem as long as they were within reason. If under $4K, I would be ok with it. I keep envisioning a pair of tiny black and white alhambras. How cute would those be???? But yeah, turquoise is an easy one for now. Ok, you got me. I'm off to call my SA.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, I am so happy to hear you say you are keeping the wg Frivole earrings, because they truly look great on you and would go with almost everything! These earrings with the clip backs just don't allow the earrings to weigh down the earlobes and stretch the piercing. That's the great thing about them, even though these aren't really heavy in the first place! I've pretty much avoided heavy large hoops, large drop earrings and that kind of thing, though. So my holes are not stretched at all. I am not worried about any of the VCA earrings I have tried on.

Yes, so agree. The omega backs are great. The clip truly helps. That's why I would consider the YG too, because they are so lovely and charming in yellow. They are so different that I love having them in my collection.

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
I would guess they are similar in weight. I need some scales! They don't feel heavy to me, though.

I have upgraded my studs several times over the last 14-15 years with Whiteflash. All I can say is I don't know what I'd have done without the upgrade policy! I thought the last pair was the final pair, but I just didn't feel they were 100% what I wanted as the final pair! New stones were a little slower coming in during the pandemic, but I just watched and waited for more to come in before deciding to actually try some! I wish you success in getting your own figured out!

Thank you @diamondseeker2006 ! Sometimes scales don’t reflect what the earrings would feel like anyway since the weight distribution is different (e.g. more 3D in shape vs. more flat). I’m really glad to know there is another VCA option for color!

Thanks for sharing your experience with upgrading studs...I really suspect that will be my journey too! After spending some time in the wisdom of PSers I’ve decided to get a WF pair in a starter+ size and to have security with upgrades down the road. I still love studs, just have been wanting them bigger than my current pair. I hope we’ll be able to see the beauties that you pick out!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock

+1 for sure! YAY! I agree the clip backs definitely keep the fleshy bits around the piercing secure and unstretched. I have noticed no stretching at all after 5 years

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are right @LLJsmom I am not averse to smaller earrings at all! The small Frivole are the largest earrings I have. When I tried on the VA, I thought they looked larger than the small Frivole, maybe because they primary plane of the earring is flat, whereas the Frivole are 3D?

In any case, I am like you about this too: always doubting myself because I am drawn to the Sweets yet humbly taking to heart all the advice to go bigger. For me that advice is definitely true for the pendants — I like delicate pieces but the Sweet pendants are too small — but for earrings I think there will eventually be a Sweet or two in my collection. I came very close to taking home the YG Onyx Sweet earrings once, I think because their bold contrast gave them presence in a smaller package, and an effortless casual look on the ears. So if it were me...I would choose the WG turquoise sweets. Their color makes them pop and the WG is a crisp, defined, shiny frame. In full disclosure, I have also been considering these myself especially as they would be so perfect for summer with bordering-on-boho flowy tops and linen. I didn’t personally like the carnelian sweets because they didn’t show up brightly enough on me, and there is a little less contrast between the RG and the color of the stone. The WG carnelian SO would be gorgeous in contrast, especially with a red-leaning carnelian! But they are definitely larger and for me would be a little less versatile given both their size and their color (I tend to wear neutrals and cooler colors). I don‘t think I would consider doing a SO for something as small as sweets, even though I would definitely have gone home with the onyx had they been in WG instead of YG.

IDK if it helps at all to see my mind dump, but I feel like we might be earring kindred spirits :D

And oooh what Cartier pair are you considering?

Yah miniM, I think we are on the same wavelength on earrings. I just realized that I as much as I like serious jewelry, I also like fun pieces, that are cute, happy and not as serious. When everything matches or everything is basic, it just feels too serious. My three stone already feels serious. So when I'm wearing it, I want everything else to be less...intense??? KWIM? Hard to explain. Thus the VCA sweets. They just feel more lighthearted, more easy, less noticeable. The Cartier earrings are the JUC minihoops. I've been looking at them for YEARs and could not commit because people would be like "what is she wearing?" A nail in her ear? And that is exactly why I liked it, but it didn't feel like it went with anything else. Now with this blingy 3 stone on, I don't feel the freedom to wear whatever the hell I want everywhere else, even if its weird and it doesn't match. I don't know why my mind works the way it does.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:kiss2: Aren't these amazing? VCA turquoise is stunning!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
Yah miniM, I think we are on the same wavelength on earrings. I just realized that I as much as I like serious jewelry, I also like fun pieces, that are cute, happy and not as serious. When everything matches or everything is basic, it just feels too serious. My three stone already feels serious. So when I'm wearing it, I want everything else to be less...intense??? KWIM? Hard to explain. Thus the VCA sweets. They just feel more lighthearted, more easy, less noticeable. The Cartier earrings are the JUC minihoops. I've been looking at them for YEARs and could not commit because people would be like "what is she wearing?" A nail in her ear? And that is exactly why I liked it, but it didn't feel like it went with anything else. Now with this blingy 3 stone on, I don't feel the freedom to wear whatever the hell I want everywhere else, even if its weird and it doesn't match. I don't know why my mind works the way it does.

Yesss @LLJsmom we are definitely on the same wavelength. As I am getting more into serious jewelry now I am feeling that desire to plan a collection that allows for balance. A little akin the Coco Chanel advice to “take one thing off” maybe, but for de-intensifying? Maybe I make no sense haha but I think I feel you on this and I think that’s why I’m drawn to the sweets. They’re fresh and light and cheerful especially in colors!

I love the uniqueness of the JUC minihoops! So cool. I know the bracelet is more popular but I think the earrings play with the ”nail” motif more in their execution. Keep us posted!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @ac117 . Another sweet lover? Yes! I'll keep that in mind when I need sweet consultations. Thank you for chiming in. You make a good point about the vintage size, and maybe I wouldn't reach for them much. Hmmmm.... duuuude... you make a good point. I should leave all my earrings within reach and just see what I reach for. The thing is, maybe the stone vintage size would be lighter than the gold and pave size. Maybe I need to just buy a pair of vintage and just see. Test them out... At first I thought I wouldn't consider SO of the sweets. But if I wore the heck out of them, I would have no problem as long as they were within reason. If under $4K, I would be ok with it. I keep envisioning a pair of tiny black and white alhambras. How cute would those be???? But yeah, turquoise is an easy one for now. Ok, you got me. I'm off to call my SA.

Haha I hope they’re available! You work with a NY SA right? I’ve been tempted by the sweet earrings as an ‘everyday’ alternative but I haven’t tried them on so I can’t say for certain. I agree the black and wg sweets would be a great combo, and at least onyx is super hearty so low maintenance...I wish they offered a lot more color options!

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock

Love the Perlee Couleurs earrings! I’ve been considering this but in Carnelian instead, but there’s so little reviews/info about them! Do you think they are more like a statement piece or more for everyday wear haha! Wondering if these are earrings that I could sleep in them haha. Didn’t get to try them on although I liked the Perlee Couleurs range when I dropped by the boutique as they did not have it in stock!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results