shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at these beautiful hearts and arrows pics of my VCA pendant!

It looks like stained glass art but in diamonds! :love:

4175F6C4-E38F-45C1-96D7-C6EF2D9A816D.jpeg 2FE89645-B58A-458D-BEBC-BFF148BE3142.jpeg

My kaleidoscope when I was 5! Fabulous!

Yes, I am ancient. I've been around since dinosaurs roamed the earth.

I'm so excited. My SA is getting the matching bracelet to my new necklace.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christmas came early

D6A228FF-02D1-43D5-ABB5-67E299AAEE9B.jpeg C3AC09EB-787F-41DE-8A0D-5A8ACACE492B.jpeg

Really beautiful pieces :love:

Do you prefer it short?

I'm learning that GMOP just looks better on certain skin tones than others. I LOVE GMOP, but I think on me WMOP is more flattering - my skin is neither light enough to let it contrast nor dark enough to let it iridesce. I'm kinda jealous of people like you on whom the stone glows :cool2:

The signature bangle is a classic. I imagine you'll get a ton of wear from this piece!

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! Gorgeous pieces. And you know how I feel about the WG perlee bangle.

Thank you! Since you got yours years ago, it’s been on my list since.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful pieces :love:

Do you prefer it short?

I'm learning that GMOP just looks better on certain skin tones than others. I LOVE GMOP, but I think on me WMOP is more flattering - my skin is neither light enough to let it contrast nor dark enough to let it iridesce. I'm kinda jealous of people like you on whom the stone glows :cool2:

The signature bangle is a classic. I imagine you'll get a ton of wear from this piece!

Thank you! I do prefer it short but I like the option of adjusting the length depending on the type of blouse or dress I’m wearing. I opted for the magic size because it has a greater presence than the vintage size (in my opinion). I wasn’t sure if the GMOP was going to work for me. I didn’t go to a boutique to try it on but so far I like it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you feel about the GMOP now that you've got it? I think it's beautiful on you ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful @doberman!! But we need some pics of you wearing the set!! :love:

The blue is beautiful on you!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was confident my next update in this thread would be my Cosmos earrings, but everything's slow over the holiday and they're still with Servicing for adjustment...

A few months ago I asked my darling SA to see if any Alhambra letterwood bracelets, tens, or twenties could be found; she told me she'd be happy to keep an eye out but that it'd be a needle in the haystack sort of quest, the material is just so rare now!! So I've been passively half-watching the preloved market, and a few days ago I ran into what looked like a promising 2012 LE alternating RG/letterwood ten motif. And, well, wood from the Place Vendome workshop, I mean, how could I possibly not...

It arrived yesterday. I'm not going to let myself get attached until it's been verified authentic (CoA and markings look generally fine but it's been shortened in a really bizarre way, I'll be taking it in to my boutique to have it returned to original length). But a friend sent me flowers and I couldn't resist snapping a few quickies ❤️ It's beautiful. I'll say this much - if this piece turns out to not be authentic I'm going to go on an absolute bender to find a #real one :bigsmile:

LETTERWOOD_1.png

LETTERWOOD_2.png

LETTERWOOD_104.png

BEFORE4.png

BEFORE5.png

BEFORE7.png

BEFORE7B.png

BEFORE8.png

BEFORE9.png

BEFORE10.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s the strange shortening. One double link removed between motifs #4 and #5, not between #5 and #6 (which is the middle of the necklace).

It’s a numbered LE, so it does seem like replicating it would be all sorts of stupid, but noone’s ever credited replica manufacturers with modesty or perspicacity. So we’ll see. I seriously can’t imagine subjecting myself to these sorts of authenticity headaches for something that’s current and that can be bought off the shelf - the retail markup is well worth the peace of mind :eek-2:

I’ll update here when there’s something more to share!

5251C27B-F6D9-469C-B01A-FB505B41CE8C.jpeg

Last edited:

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Yssie,

It is really pretty! The strange shortening would make me so suspicious as well. But maybe the person took it to a normal jeweler instead of having it done at VCA.

I remember VCA was so strict with shortening my bracelet. It’s not a good length for me but they told me it HAD to have same number of links between each motif, no negotiations. (And believe me… I tried). LOL

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was confident my next update in this thread would be my Cosmos earrings, but everything's slow over the holiday and they're still with Servicing for adjustment...

A few months ago I asked my darling SA to see if any Alhambra letterwood bracelets, tens, or twenties could be found; she told me she'd be happy to keep an eye out but that it'd be a needle in the haystack sort of quest, the material is just so rare now!! So I've been passively half-watching the preloved market, and a few days ago I ran into what looked like a promising 2012 LE alternating RG/letterwood ten motif. And, well, wood from the Place Vendome workshop, I mean, how could I possibly not...

It arrived yesterday. I'm not going to let myself get attached until it's been verified authentic (CoA and markings look generally fine but it's been shortened in a really bizarre way, I'll be taking it in to my boutique to have it returned to original length). But a friend sent me flowers and I couldn't resist snapping a few quickies ❤️ It's beautiful. I'll say this much - if this piece turns out to not be authentic I'm going to go on an absolute bender to find a #real one :bigsmile:

LETTERWOOD_1.png

LETTERWOOD_2.png

LETTERWOOD_104.png

BEFORE4.png

BEFORE5.png

BEFORE7.png

BEFORE7B.png

BEFORE8.png

BEFORE9.png

BEFORE10.png

Oooh, lovely! i can't wait for the update, @yssie!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s the strange shortening. One double link removed between motifs #4 and #5, not between #5 and #6 (which is the middle of the necklace).

It’s a numbered LE, so it does seem like replicating it would be all sorts of stupid, but noone’s ever credited replica manufacturers with modesty or perspicacity. So we’ll see. I seriously can’t imagine subjecting myself to these sorts of authenticity headaches for something that’s current and that can be bought off the shelf - the retail markup is well worth the peace of mind :eek-2:

I’ll update here when there’s something more to share!

5251C27B-F6D9-469C-B01A-FB505B41CE8C.jpeg

I love letterwood. It’s got this gorgeous, rich patina’s look and feels so exotic and unexpected. Crossing my fingers hard for you. It looks authentic. I’m sending #real vibes to you.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did! That one’s been up for a while - the asking price is absurd for a piece that doesn’t even have VCA paperwork but that’s the usual story with these pieces!! If only I wasn’t a decade late to this party ;(

Yssie,

It is really pretty! The strange shortening would make me so suspicious as well. But maybe the person took it to a normal jeweler instead of having it done at VCA.

I remember VCA was so strict with shortening my bracelet. It’s not a good length for me but they told me it HAD to have same number of links between each motif, no negotiations. (And believe me… I tried). LOL

Yup. They are super strict!! I’m suspicious! But staying hopeful? I can’t imagine why anyone would want a necklace shortened like that, but if it’s a fake it’s such a nonsensical way to give the game away! My first guess was the same as yours - that someone had their local jeweller work on it. What VCA’s servicing department will say regarding authenticity if that’s actually the case, well. ::SHRUG::.

I’ve already alerted the vendor to the issue. Worst case - before purchase I had requested (in writing) a return allowance if VCA refused to service the piece, and I paid for it via CC though PayPal, so I’m not too worried on the money side of things. I just really don’t want to have to keep searching!! :shock:

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I did! That one’s been up for a while - the asking price is absurd for a piece that doesn’t even have VCA paperwork but that’s the usual story with these pieces!! If only I wasn’t a decade late to this party ;(

Yup. They are super strict!! I’m suspicious! But staying hopeful? I can’t imagine why anyone would want a necklace shortened like that, but if it’s a fake it’s such a nonsensical way to give the game away! My first guess was the same as yours - that someone had their local jeweller work on it. What VCA’s servicing department will say regarding authenticity if that’s actually the case, well. ::SHRUG::.

I’ve already alerted the vendor to the issue. Worst case - before purchase I had requested (in writing) a return allowance if VCA refused to service the piece, and I paid for it via CC though PayPal, so I’m not too worried on the money side of things. I just really don’t want to have to keep searching!! :shock:

I have to confess…. A few years ago I had my engagement ring fixed by a local jeweler… (my ring was made by Leon Mege) and they kind of messed it up. I mean… I didn’t even get a reputable jeweler… just kind of whatever. So… it can happen…. I just didn’t feel like going through the hassle of sending it out.

Or maybe someone didn’t feel like obeying the rules of VCA..

I wouldn’t worry either. I think PayPal is great. Never had an issue with a refund. And with CC, you are safe. It’s beautiful piece though. Can see why you want it.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

LETTERWOOD_1.png

LETTERWOOD_2.png

LETTERWOOD_104.png

BEFORE4.png

BEFORE5.png

BEFORE7.png

BEFORE7B.png

BEFORE8.png

BEFORE9.png

BEFORE10.png

I love this! So beautiful and looks great on you...I hope it all works out to be !

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock

LETTERWOOD_1.png

LETTERWOOD_2.png

LETTERWOOD_104.png

BEFORE4.png

BEFORE5.png

BEFORE7.png

BEFORE7B.png

BEFORE8.png

BEFORE9.png

BEFORE10.png

This is so beautiful! Hope you get good news soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results