shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

The 2 ladybugs isn't a bad idea. But the reason I'm not fond of the open winged is because it feels like it's about to fly away! :lol:

Eta: maybe I could get a pair of closed wing ladybugs so they'll always have a companion!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 2 ladybugs isn't a bad idea. But the reason I'm not fond of the open winged is because it feels like it's about to fly away! :lol:

Eta: maybe I could get a pair of closed wing ladybugs so they'll always have a companion!

Nah. Skip the bugs. They're cutesy. Way too expensive for cutesy... I would def do the full lucky spring bracelet over two single-bug situations ::)

Nah. Skip the bugs. They're cutesy. Way too expensive for cutesy... I would def do the full lucky spring bracelet over two single-bug situations ::)

I love cutesy though. I mean, I even have a Pokemon mug and a Harry Potter luggage tag lol. But the price tag holds me back. Anyways, the ladybug will be on the bottom of my wishlist. I need a solitare pendant and a tennis bracelet first.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love cutesy though. I mean, I even have a Pokemon mug and a Harry Potter luggage tag lol. But the price tag holds me back. Anyways, the ladybug will be on the bottom of my wishlist. I need a solitare pendant and a tennis bracelet first.

Okay question! Do you wear brooches?

I LOVE the lucky spring brooch. Perfect blend of cute and grown-up, for me. I have other things I want need first, same as you, but that piece is on my wishlist!

Okay question! Do you wear brooches?

I LOVE the lucky spring brooch. Perfect blend of cute and grown-up, for me. I have other things I want need first, same as you, but that piece is on my wishlist!

Ah, brooches are the one thing that's not for me unfortunately. I'm in sweatshirts most of the year so rings are my jam. And bracelets, cuz I usually have my sleeves pulled up anyways.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock

I really love the lucky spring bracelet but figured it’s too “cute” to be practical for me… I have always loved cute though!!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I like the lady bugs and don't find them cutesy at all.

I'm a nature lover and bug enthusiast, and I find them quirky, weird (in a good way) and wildlife-y. Their little, red, bulbous bodies make me smile. If I had the extra money laying around, I'd love to own one (or two!)

We all have different ideas about what is attractive or interesting, and what is not. Let's please be respectful that not everyone shares our opinion. Its totally legitimate to say we don't care for a particular piece, but to put a design down over and over again is a bit much, it sours the experience for others.

This is said with love.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup. Truth, @RunningwithScissors. It's a good thing we all have different tastes ❤️ And thanks for making me catch myself. ❤️

Edit: I do LOVE the brooch. The colours, the shape, the size, the style - everything hits juuuuust right for me. :love:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do we think of the Paris YMOP/pave LE?

https://www.vancleefarpels.com/en/the-maison/articles/mother-of-pearl.html
For white mother-of-pearl, the Maison looks primarily toward Australia, which produces a variety renowned for its even surfaces and subtle iridescence. Australia also provides the Maison’s gold mother-of-pearl, selected for its warm hue, satiny surface and lustrous overtone. Finally, gray mother-of-pearl, known for its harmonious gray-silver tones and captivating glow, comes from French Polynesia.

But the most famous gold south sea pearls are from the Philippines and Indonesia... So I wonder why they're using Australian material?

Last edited:

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh! Now that I have tried them on, it is so difficult not to constantly think about them :roll2:
I know DSS is real, do you all ladies think this size is perfect for my earlobes?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh! Now that I have tried them on, it is so difficult not to constantly think about them :roll2:
I know DSS is real, do you all ladies think this size is perfect for my earlobes?

You don't have large earlobes, the small size seems to fill them nicely - present but not overwhelming. And your earlobes seem to "fit" well into the clips, your piercings aren't too high or anything.

Would you get the white gold pave? White metal *looks* bigger than rose gold or yellow gold, I've found - it just has so much more impact. In-person more than in photos.

The next size up in #FloralPave is Cosmos, and the pave Cosmos is SO much more expensive! If you like the three-petal design (if you don't specifically want four petals) - if you like the way the Frivole fit and felt - I definitely wouldn't pay the premium for Cosmos!

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much dear @yssie :kiss2:
It’s definitely pave in WG if I were to pull the trigger as most of my jewelries are in WG. White metal always does a favor to enhance the icy-ness of DE diamonds hence causes the pave to appear bigger & brighter.

I do love both Frivole & Cosmos but like you said the price difference is great. I am just fine & contented with Frivole if its small model fits my lobes nicely. Price & size aside, I might not be able to handle the weight of the large model.

Now, next target has been identified :love:
Let see when will be the “execution”
=)2

When I visited the local boutique, it was quite well stocked with almost all versions of 5-motif Alhambra bracelets include guiloche, 10-motif YG hammered gold & all sort of vintage Alhambra earrings, fyi

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much dear @yssie :kiss2:
It’s definitely pave in WG if I were to pull the trigger as most of my jewelries are in WG. White metal always does a favor to enhance the icy-ness of DE diamonds hence causes the pave to appear bigger & brighter.
100%! And I feel like the effect is sometimes even more pronounced in VCA pieces than other brands, somehow!! I think the white is beautiful on you, it pops on your dark hair so if you have other white metal pieces then you can’t go wrong with it :bigsmile:

I do love both Frivole & Cosmos but like you said the price difference is great. I am just fine & contented with Frivole if its small model fits my lobes nicely. Price & size aside, I might not be able to handle the weight of the large model.
I think the Frivole looks like a very nice size in that photo. So if you like the three petals then that works out perfectly ::)

Now, next target has been identified :love:
Let see when will be the “execution”
=)2

When I visited the local boutique, it was quite well stocked with almost all versions of 5-motif Alhambra bracelets include guiloche, 10-motif YG hammered gold & all sort of vintage Alhambra earrings, fyi
Oh I’m right with you on the execution uncertainty :lol:

Interesting to hear that inventory does seem to be returning! So many people saying this, great news for all of us :appl:

Last edited:

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
@yssie
For Vintage Alhambra pave earrings, RG was chosen mainly to match with my Perlee Clover bracelet.
As for Frivole pave, definitely WG :cool2:

P.S. I was quite tempted by the Guilloche bracelet but I managed to talk myself out of it. This doesn’t mean I stop thinking, lol :lol:

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
5146DE6F-D1AD-4579-B7D6-BE3CA6585E25.jpeg

Attachments

• 803AF079-278D-44D8-A31E-171FCBFE68E1.jpeg
    803AF079-278D-44D8-A31E-171FCBFE68E1.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 172
  • DF16A0EE-284D-428B-BC6B-8E055FC0A6B7.jpeg
    DF16A0EE-284D-428B-BC6B-8E055FC0A6B7.jpeg
    258.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 35D770D5-C458-421E-91C2-D5B48B5A7AE1.jpeg
    35D770D5-C458-421E-91C2-D5B48B5A7AE1.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 178

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie
For Vintage Alhambra pave earrings, RG was chosen mainly to match with my Perlee Clover bracelet.
As for Frivole pave, definitely WG :cool2:

P.S. I was quite tempted by the Guilloche bracelet but I managed to talk myself out of it. This doesn’t mean I stop thinking, lol :lol:
Same VA earrings are on my one day list too, for the same reason :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reactions: Kya

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh. So which colours did you like best? And didn you prefer the necklace or pendant styles?

I preferred the 10 motif necklaces over the mini rose de Noel. Having said that I only tried on the mini version - which I found too small. The small version (which was significantly larger) was on display but I chose not to try it on as it is outside of my price point - it was, however, spectacular. The translucent glow on the larger piece is much more noticeable and has a real presence about it.

Of the 10 motif, with my colouring, I liked the tigers eye the best but not the particular one they had in stock. You can probably tell that the one in the photo has two fairly light, more tan and even toned colour, motifs at the front. I did not find this as flattering and prefer the motifs with a darker colour and lighter striations.

I did not expect to like the carnelian but I did. The photos on the website make it look a quite a bright red whereas the one that I tried on was more sombre, leaning towards a burgundy red which I considered to be more wearable.

The guilloche was incredible and soooo blingy. So much so that I think it is much more of a special occasion look than one which could be worn with jeans and a t-shirt.

Because I am looking for something which can be worn casually, second place is really hard to choose. The carnelian tends towards The more casual but the guilloche is mesmerising.

I also tried on the blue agate but that was a definite pass for me. Although I am a blue lover I found the colour is just flat.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

You look amazing in all 3 10 motif necklaces!
Thanks for modelling in a conservative neckline. I live in Northern Europe and my uniform is round neck cashmere jumpers. I always think there is no point investing in necklaces as I don’t wear plunging necklines, and am not keen on pendants, but this looks ace!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I preferred the 10 motif necklaces over the mini rose de Noel. Having said that I only tried on the mini version - which I found too small. The small version (which was significantly larger) was on display but I chose not to try it on as it is outside of my price point - it was, however, spectacular. The translucent glow on the larger piece is much more noticeable and has a real presence about it.

Of the 10 motif, with my colouring, I liked the tigers eye the best but not the particular one they had in stock. You can probably tell that the one in the photo has two fairly light, more tan and even toned colour, motifs at the front. I did not find this as flattering and prefer the motifs with a darker colour and lighter striations.

I did not expect to like the carnelian but I did. The photos on the website make it look a quite a bright red whereas the one that I tried on was more sombre, leaning towards a burgundy red which I considered to be more wearable.

The guilloche was incredible and soooo blingy. So much so that I think it is much more of a special occasion look than one which could be worn with jeans and a t-shirt.

Because I am looking for something which can be worn casually, second place is really hard to choose. The carnelian tends towards The more casual but the guilloche is mesmerising.

I also tried on the blue agate but that was a definite pass for me. Although I am a blue lover I found the colour is just flat.

I really like the TE on you, it works with your skin and hair. It’s a neutral but it’s an interesting neutral. I hear you on the striations though, I prefer the strongly striated stuff as well. I think TE is one of those stones that gets overlooked but is very flattering on the right complexion!

But I also love the carnelian!! So I’m torn between TE and carnelian! The darker reds are more subtle. I was surprised by how much closely “brightness” correlated with “my impression of wearability”. So I can see preferring either - a brighter shade to make a statement, a darker shade for casual wear. I suppose the comprehensive solution actually is both :lol:

It’s interesting that you liked the red but not the blue, since they’re the same material. I wonder if the blues you saw happened to be on the more-opaque side? If you’re a #blue person it might be worth looking at some other pieces to see if a more translucent specimen hits the spot…

The guilloche… This one is probably the most polarizing of the bunch, I think. Some people love it and some really don’t, I don’t think anyone has a “meh” reaction to it though :bigsmile: For someone who appreciates the guilloche flash earrings and short necklaces and pendants are “safer” maintenance-wise… My personal preference for a gold neutral is still the TE. But if you’re gonna guilloche I’d say neck decor is a great way to guilloche ::)

D’you stack necklaces? A MOP piece could be pretty with your Paspaley pendant… :bigsmile:

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the TE on you, it works with your skin and hair. It’s a neutral but it’s an interesting neutral. I hear you on the striations though, I prefer the strongly striated stuff as well. I think TE is one of those stones that gets overlooked but is very flattering on the right complexion!

But I also love the carnelian!! So I’m torn between TE and carnelian! The darker reds are more subtle. I was surprised by how much closely “brightness” correlated with “my impression of wearability”. So I can see preferring either - a brighter shade to make a statement, a darker shade for casual wear. I suppose the comprehensive solution actually is both :lol:

It’s interesting that you liked the red but not the blue, since they’re the same material. I wonder if the blues you saw happened to be on the more-opaque side? If you’re a #blue person it might be worth looking at some other pieces to see if a more translucent specimen hits the spot…

The guilloche… This one is probably the most polarizing of the bunch, I think. Some people love it and some really don’t, I don’t think anyone has a “meh” reaction to it though :bigsmile: For someone who appreciates the guilloche flash earrings and short necklaces and pendants are “safer” maintenance-wise… My personal preference for a gold neutral is still the TE. But if you’re gonna guilloche I’d say neck decor is a great way to guilloche ::)

D’you stack necklaces? A MOP piece could be pretty with your Paspaley pendant… :bigsmile:

Thanks @yssie. The agate was opaque. So was the carnelian but for some reason I just didn’t like the effect with the agate shade of blue. The idea of something with some translucency piques my interest though.

I don’t stack necklaces, just not my style.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
62193E74-E403-45F0-851E-3D445B26D235.png
Oh no! The VCA WG Pave is simply divine!
This Frivole Small version has been identified as my next purchase but God knows when I am eligible?
My bling fund for this year has been fully used up sadly :cry:

Those earrings are so pretty.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Those earrings are so pretty.

Yes yes, tried them on when you visit again.
This Small Version is great :P2

Among the few 10-motif necklaces you tried on, I like the Carnelian best on you ;)2

Reactions: CMN

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
If I already have the pave rose gold vintage alhambra earrings, pave yellow gold vintage alhambra earrings, and pave yellow gold magic alhambra earrings, do you think it's redundant to get the hammered rose gold vintage alhambra earrings as well? :shifty: There's a pair on fashionphile and I'm soooo tempted!!! Someone buy them so I can stop thinking about them :lol-2:

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

This is not to my taste but just in case anyone was desperate for a 1960s animal brooch there are two being advertised in an Australian auction as VCA from a reputable auction house:

https://www.bonhams.com/auction/276...and-gem-set-lion-ebouriffe-brooch-circa-1960/

and

If I already have the pave rose gold vintage alhambra earrings, pave yellow gold vintage alhambra earrings, and pave yellow gold magic alhambra earrings, do you think it's redundant to get the hammered rose gold vintage alhambra earrings as well? :shifty: There's a pair on fashionphile and I'm soooo tempted!!! Someone buy them so I can stop thinking about them :lol-2:

I don’t think it’s redundant exactly, but will you wear it? Or is it too similar to what you have?

There’s no problem with having 2 similar pairs as long as you reach for both of them relatively often, IMO.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I don’t think it’s redundant exactly, but will you wear it? Or is it too similar to what you have?

There’s no problem with having 2 similar pairs as long as you reach for both of them relatively often, IMO.

Honestly, I don't think I will wear them much. I don't get a lot of use out of my VCA earrings anymore....I normally just wear my diamond studs nowadays. VCA earrings are just so beautiful! But I want to stop buying things I won't get a lot of wear out of. Thank you, this helped a lot.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results