shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your travel jewelry box!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes, that is why I like it too, all the separate pouches. She got it from the Sundance Catalog. It's called the letter perfect jewelry case and comes in 7 different colors.
Ok, disregard my question. Catching up on these posts. I may need to copy you and add one more case to my collection!!!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just take what I decide to wear for the trip duration. I always wear left and right hand rings, diamond studs or diamond huggies, a watch and solitaire pendant. Sometimes I will throw in a long strand of pearls if I think I will need something like that for the clothes I’m bringing. So I don’t really use a jewelry case. The pearls go in a pouch in my purse.
Do you sleep with all your jewelry? I have to have a place to put all mine or inevitably all will be lost.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have the little round Tiffany one that I throw in my purse. If I want to take a little more, I have a slightly larger one that can hold more earrings. I usually only take that one when we are traveling by truck and 5th wheel trailer. If I am flying I only take what I can wear and then when I take it off at night it goes in the little round Tiffany one and gets zipped in. I am not sure if I read it here or not, but I once heard of someone who left a pair of studs on the dresser and someone got up in the middle of the night and in the morning the earring was gone and never found. They searched intensely but couldn't find the earring. That prompted my little round box that gets zipped up tight.

That box is super cute! I'm going to Tiffany's to check it out in person.

Allgems

Rough_Rock
Premium
Wow these are gorgeous! Where did you find them? I love anything embroidered!!

I bought them in Yue Hwa in Hong Kong which is a department store that sells nicer things from China. Those pouches were in their "souvenirs" sections. They are available in many shapes, sizes, colors. Also they are available in both silk and polyester options, polyester cheaper but not as nice feel.

I found similar looking ones on Amazon, not sure if the fabrics is the same though (check different color versions in each link):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B076...-9574-620b082c57d4&pf_rd_i=3888531&th=1&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003...8-c05c-5c68-824b-63f9432e5e19&pf_rd_i=3888531

Allgems

Rough_Rock
Premium
I also don't travel with a lot of jewelry, but even if I wear one right hand ring only, I would take my peacock case with me. It is very light so it is not a bother, but it gives me a peace of mind when I take off my ring at night, or go to the beach or whatever reason that I do not want to wear the ring one day. Rather than putting the ring in some random place in my suitcase, or on some shelf in my hotel room, I always know that if the ring is not on my hand, it's in my jewelry roll, so I will never leave it behind or loose it.

The only jewelry I never take off is my plain wedding band, so anything more than that I plan to wear during my travel, jewelry roll travels with me.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you sleep with all your jewelry? I have to have a place to put all mine or inevitably all will be lost.
Yes I always have. I take it off to shower and put it right back on.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang PS is enabling me again. I just bought this travel jewelry box online for an upcoming trip. I added some of my jewelry for perspective. It's 4.5" x 4.5" x 2.5."
20180420_173828.jpg 20180420_173929.jpg 20180420_173918.jpg

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dang PS is enabling me again. I just bought this travel jewelry box online for an upcoming trip. I added some of my jewelry for perspective. It's 4.5" x 4.5" x 2.5."

Beautiful but did WOLF fix the problem of the mirror hitting the rings when closed? Or worse preventing the box from closing? I love the look of this box but when I purchased it I didn’t like the glass hitting the rings:blackeye:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful but did WOLF fix the problem of the mirror hitting the rings when closed? Or worse preventing the box from closing? I love the look of this box but when I purchased it I didn’t like the glass hitting the rings:blackeye:

Sadly, no. :(sad I'm still going to make it work because I like the versatility of the box but you think that's something they would have understood from the get go. If I put my taller rings on the two outside ring holders, they bump up against felt, instead of the mirror. Otherwise, I'm going to have to use one of those thin foam packing things to prevent damage. So far, this is still the most usable travel box I've found so I'll give it a shot.

Allgems

Rough_Rock
Premium
Sadly, no. :(sad I'm still going to make it work because I like the versatility of the box but you think that's something they would have understood from the get go. If I put my taller rings on the two outside ring holders, they bump up against felt, instead of the mirror. Otherwise, I'm going to have to use one of those thin foam packing things to prevent damage. So far, this is still the most usable travel box I've found so I'll give it a shot.

It is quite invasive, but would it work if you cut the mirror part out (make it removable), and then flip it so that the part hitting rings has only felt on it and the mirror faces your necklaces?

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love your McKenna @Loreal! I needed something that would keep my myriad of items organized, however, still be easy to tuck in my large tote. So, I ordered the McKenna travel portfolio back in February, but it’s been on backorder for 3 months! I should finally receive it around May 11th. Can’t wait.
2D12351D-EC45-4AEC-82A0-D5F04B8C3CB6.jpeg 6CE1E827-7160-45B6-82A2-A499A248C4AD.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is quite invasive, but would it work if you cut the mirror part out (make it removable), and then flip it so that the part hitting rings has only felt on it and the mirror faces your necklaces?

That's a good idea. I also toyed with the idea of cutting the mirror out altogether because there is plenty of space on the other side. I'd never use the mirror anyway. :D

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m strongly considering getting this one. Does anyone have experience with Wolf’s portfolio design?

https://www.wolf1834.com/item/467453/

B0E3B2FD-F10C-4B8A-AF4C-1325094AF72B.jpeg

I’m waffling between the portfolio and the travel case. The case is hard shelled, which I like, but I’m thinking that 2+” depth is much more than I’ll ever need. I adore this Blossom line though :kiss2:

Funnyface850

Rough_Rock
Premium
I’m strongly considering getting this one. Does anyone have experience with Wolf’s portfolio design?

https://www.wolf1834.com/item/467453/

B0E3B2FD-F10C-4B8A-AF4C-1325094AF72B.jpeg

I’m waffling between the portfolio and the travel case. The case is hard shelled, which I like, but I’m thinking that 2+” depth is much more than I’ll ever need. I adore this Blossom line though :kiss2:

I really love that floral pattern! You know what’s nice about this one is the zipper compartment which you could put your credit cards in. I think I have more cases than jewelry at this point lol

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
I too use silk pouches very similar to Allgems. You can buy a jewelry roll on Amazon (although I didn't purchase mine there). I usually don't travel with much because I am always terrified about getting pick-pocketed, losing my handbag, etc. If I'm going on a cruise where I can leave my jewelry in a safe when I am in port, then I bring along some nicer pieces.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got this in today. It’s from Bell & Bird in Austin. I love the quilted detail of the lid, and the lining is the most lush, hand-loomed French silk velvet.

47BEB84C-E817-422B-A7B9-4A821627E5D1.jpeg C614C8B9-BF3B-41FF-BC4E-FE9563E81869.jpeg

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, that is why I like it too, all the separate pouches. She got it from the Sundance Catalog. It's called the letter perfect jewelry case and comes in 7 different colors.
Definitely a dream jewelry case! :mrgreen2:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just got this in today. It’s from Bell & Bird in Austin. I love the quilted detail of the lid, and the lining is the most lush, hand-loomed French silk velvet.

47BEB84C-E817-422B-A7B9-4A821627E5D1.jpeg C614C8B9-BF3B-41FF-BC4E-FE9563E81869.jpeg

This is beautiful! I would love something like this. Or maybe several somethings like this. Approx how many rings can fit do you think?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is beautiful! I would love something like this. Or maybe several somethings like this. Approx how many rings can fit do you think?

Thanks! It can hold 6-9 rings, depending on their size.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I always have. I take it off to shower and put it right back on.

Don't laugh but I wear mine in the shower. The Rolex watch is waterproof and this keeps the links of the band from getting gunky. I use a baby toothbrush that I keep on the niche and clean my rings with bathgel. All of the pavilions are accessible without removing my rings. Then rinse with the wand or put my hands over my head and let the drops from the rainhead hit them.

When I travel I use whatever clear liquid soap is available, bathgel or shampoo. Works like a charm as does liquid DW soap at the kitchen sink.

Yes, I sleep with my jewelry.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just got back from vacation last week and this box worked out perfectly. I packed it in my carry on, since that never leaves my side. I did end up cutting / folding a paper towel to cover the mirror so it didn’t bump against my rings. Still, it was really nice to just set it down on the dresser for easy change outs. It holds a lot and is really convenient. Way better than the roll I packed last time. :D

@JPie that box looks so luxurious! I love it! :mrgreen2:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I really love the color.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't laugh but I wear mine in the shower. The Rolex watch is waterproof and this keeps the links of the band from getting gunky. I use a baby toothbrush that I keep on the niche and clean my rings with bathgel. All of the pavilions are accessible without removing my rings. Then rinse with the wand or put my hands over my head and let the drops from the rainhead hit them.

When I travel I use whatever clear liquid soap is available, bathgel or shampoo. Works like a charm as does liquid DW soap at the kitchen sink.

Yes, I sleep with my jewelry.
Not laughing at all. I only take it off when I shower if I’m washing my hair as the rings get caught in it!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My trinity ring came today and I guess I will be using this nifty little pouch for travel! The SA included this in the package that was delivered. It has a funny little squishy pillow with a fold for tucking away a ring or other jewelry.

Unboxing today:

9D184E1F-31ED-49DF-AD85-26A5DD19D26B.jpeg

One main pouch and two half pouches inside. The pillow helps to keep the pieces from sliding around too much.
F878A8A1-50E9-4055-95CF-4EF7CDA7A8B7.jpeg

Cute! And it only cost me $1100, lol.

2AB75E27-B840-49E4-AE9D-8E4850B5038A.jpeg

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to share that WOLF is having 50% off all there beautiful jewelry case items. They have some lovely zippered styles. Apparently it was suppose to end yesterday but is being extended...

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@KristinTech it’s their bangle pouch! That’s why there is a little pillow. The ring pouches are smaller squares. You can ask for one from your SA next time you see her. Then you can put the smaller ring pouches inside your larger square. I think it’s safer that way. So it’s not rolling around loose. Your pillow holder idea is good too. These are the exact pouches I travel with. Smaller squares inside larger squares. I have a long one that I keep necklaces in.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@KristinTech it’s their bangle pouch! That’s why there is a little pillow. The ring pouches are smaller squares. You can ask for one from your SA next time you see her. Then you can put the smaller ring pouches inside your larger square. I think it’s safer that way. So it’s not rolling around loose. Your pillow holder idea is good too. These are the exact pouches I travel with. Smaller squares inside larger squares. I have a long one that I keep necklaces in.

Ahh, that makes sense! I did get a little square pouch at the time of purchase. This was sent when the SA shipped the ring after engraving. Is the long one also soft, or is it the hard case?

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to share that WOLF is having 50% off all there beautiful jewelry case items. They have some lovely zippered styles. Apparently it was suppose to end yesterday but is being extended...
Do you have a code? I just went to their site and didn’t see anything advertised.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results