shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your travel jewelry box!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday!!! Just curious if anyone travels with the amount of jewelry I travel with. I always bring one watch, diamond studs, my diamond cross necklace, my 3 VCA sweet bracelets (in VCA pouch) and diamond rings. I absolutely love the gray (one of my favorite colors), leather mini jewelry case I bought from Pottery barn (Mckenna). Look forward to seeing what everyone posts.
0AE6B9BF-D037-47BE-9995-582B1543465B.jpeg B4EA26A4-2E7B-41AC-9C80-2F71587288E5.jpeg D344CBD4-A173-4564-8EC4-B799BA295B86.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Loreal Nice travel collection! I honestly use different ones depending on what I am taking with me. I usually don't take much besides what I am wearing. Sometimes when I am just taking a couple of things, I just put those boxes in my bag!

I wanted to ask about your diamond cross. I also have a small 6 stone one from Roberto Coin but would really like one a little larger. Do you know the size of the diamonds on yours or the total carat weight? It's funny but I was just thinking about that this morning!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Loreal Nice travel collection! I honestly use different ones depending on what I am taking with me. I usually don't take much besides what I am wearing. Sometimes when I am just taking a couple of things, I just put those boxes in my bag!

I wanted to ask about your diamond cross. I also have a small 6 stone one from Roberto Coin but would really like one a little larger. Do you know the size of the diamonds on yours or the total carat weight? It's funny but I was just thinking about that this morning!

Thank you! The diamonds in my cross are 10 pointers for a total carat weight of .6. My husband purchased the necklace on his own which is really a big deal as he knows how picky I have become (thanks to PS;)2). He made me proud because the diamonds are cut really well and the color appears to be G-H in color. I think it’s the perfect size for everyday use.

I can’t wait to see what you come up with. Are you thinking about sourcing the diamonds and having the pendant made?
462277E9-9E8B-40E5-8E60-8909B3CC7351.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that's exactly what I was thinking..maybe 10 pointers! I want it to be delicate but able to be seen. The RC is a good size for my daughters, but I want one a little larger. I have seen some on etsy, but I might have it custom made so I can choose the diamonds. Your husband did a great job!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that's exactly what I was thinking..maybe 10 pointers! I want it to be delicate but able to be seen. The RC is a good size for my daughters, but I want one a little larger. I have seen some on etsy, but I might have it custom made so I can choose the diamonds. Your husband did a great job!

This is the perfect size for you then! To add some perspective, here is a picture next to my mini cross (1.5 pointers).

919112A3-41C4-439E-8234-D32FB6D1068B.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have several of these small travel jewelry boxes.
But I just can't bring myself to use them.
I'm terrified to be separated from my luggage, and possibly lose my sparklies!
I just wear one ensemble(studs, rings, bracelet, solitaire necklace) and I wear that everyday when I travel.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the perfect size for you then! To add some perspective, here is a picture next to my mini cross (1.5 pointers).

Oh wow, big difference! My current one is maybe six stones slightly over 3 points each. I have already given our older daughter one and I plan to just give the younger daughter mine. ID Jewelry has some in different sizes, but it's so hard when you can't see the actual size! Thanks for the picture!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends on where we are going.

When in Alaska, I will wear what I normally wear at home, 2 tennis bracelets, a RHR, ering/eternity, FIY diamond pendent, and a watch.

When I was in Norway last year, I left the larger bracelet home, wore my smaller FIY bracelet and wore my small Tiffany yellow as a RHR. I have heard that Norwegians are not into big bling.

When we go to Antarctica in December I will probably leave both bracelets home because of the need for gloves during polar landings, may not wear a RHR, any maybe just my solitaire CBI and eternity band.

I worry about losing things, so like other PSers, I just take what I can wear when we travel.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have particularly big bling compared to most here, but what I do have is very precious. When going on a beach holiday I literally travel with nothing, just plain wedding band & silver ball studs which stay on constantly. For any other trips I take only what I can wear, usually diamond studs, solitaire pendant, wedding, engagement, eternity rings & watch. I leave them on 24/7 apart from a quick dunk in travel cleaner each morning. Would hate to have a fire alarm or other emergency & leave them behind.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your little jewelry travel box. I’m always struggling with bringing jewelry on vacation because there is never a good way to transport it. I don’t go crazy but I like to bring a couple necklaces, some cheap earrings, and a couple rings. My DH always brings a couple watches. That stuff gets tangled really fast without some form of organization. I usually wear one full set while traveling and pack everything else in my carry on. I’ve tried a couple different travel cases (most recently a travel roll) but so far I haven’t found “the one.”

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Loreal I love your travel case. Very smart and compact.

I just take the bling I am not wearing there separately in their little boxes. So I am always wearing Bea and a band and then earrings. And if I want other rings or other earrings or a necklace or bracelet etc I will take their individual jewelry boxes. I rarely travel with more than I am wearing at the time however. But when I do these go in my pocketbook. Easy peasy.

I have a few of these boxes in which I put earrings/rings for travel as the box is super small and easy to bring in my pocketbook.

beaand4caratI.jpg.png

And for home I have this jewelry box my dh made for me that I keep Bea with all her bands when I am not wearing them. It's made of solid mahogany and it is really lovely. It was his first woodworking project when he taught himself woodworking many years ago now.

ringboxbygreg.jpg

ringboxprofileshotwithkittyincluded.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is mine. My daughter got it for me for Christmas. I love it. It's small enough that I can fit it into my purse and not have to put it in any luggage. It has a zipper so that I can extend it if I wanted. It comes with three attached pouches that fold in and three separate pouches.

IMG_3296[1].jpg
IMG_3297[1].jpg
IMG_3298[1].jpg
IMG_3299[1].jpg

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Missy, I just wanted to say I love the box your husband made you!!! Mine is planning on doing that next time we go visit his family since they have a little workshop up there. His dad woodworks and my husband does some so the three of us have a fun little project to work on making the jewellery box. Sorry about the threadjack ^^' I just had to say how much I love handmade boxes like yours :D also not sure why it didn't tag you -.-

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I just wanted to say I love the box your husband made you!!! Mine is planning on doing that next time we go visit his family since they have a little workshop up there. His dad woodworks and my husband does some so the three of us have a fun little project to work on making the jewellery box. Sorry about the threadjack ^^' I just had to say how much I love handmade boxes like yours :D also not sure why it didn't tag you -.-

Thank you MeowMeow! It was his first woodworking project but I adore it still and it really makes it that much more special that he made it for me. I cannot wait to see how your lovely handmade jewelry box turns out. Sounds like it will be a family affair and I love that so much! It's going to be beautiful.:appl:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you MeowMeow! It was his first woodworking project but I adore it still and it really makes it that much more special that he made it for me. I cannot wait to see how your lovely handmade jewelry box turns out. Sounds like it will be a family affair and I love that so much! It's going to be beautiful.:appl:
Thank you I hope so!!

Allgems

Rough_Rock
Premium
I usually travel with those 2 silk embroided pouches.
And very occasionally, if I only want to take 1 or 2 things with me, I would pick one of those free pouches I received while buying jewelry. I also got for free that travel box from my jeweler.
20180412_102158.jpg 20180412_102135.jpg 20180412_102257.jpg 20180412_102233.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is mine. My daughter got it for me for Christmas. I love it. It's small enough that I can fit it into my purse and not have to put it in any luggage. It has a zipper so that I can extend it if I wanted. It comes with three attached pouches that fold in and three separate pouches.

IMG_3296[1].jpg
IMG_3297[1].jpg
IMG_3298[1].jpg
IMG_3299[1].jpg
I love this! I love that it has the three separate pouches. Great for bracelets and necklaces. Do you know where she purchased it?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this! I love that it has the three separate pouches. Great for bracelets and necklaces. Do you know where she purchased it?

Yes, that is why I like it too, all the separate pouches. She got it from the Sundance Catalog. It's called the letter perfect jewelry case and comes in 7 different colors.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just take what I decide to wear for the trip duration. I always wear left and right hand rings, diamond studs or diamond huggies, a watch and solitaire pendant. Sometimes I will throw in a long strand of pearls if I think I will need something like that for the clothes I’m bringing. So I don’t really use a jewelry case. The pearls go in a pouch in my purse.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the little round Tiffany one that I throw in my purse. If I want to take a little more, I have a slightly larger one that can hold more earrings. I usually only take that one when we are traveling by truck and 5th wheel trailer. If I am flying I only take what I can wear and then when I take it off at night it goes in the little round Tiffany one and gets zipped in. I am not sure if I read it here or not, but I once heard of someone who left a pair of studs on the dresser and someone got up in the middle of the night and in the morning the earring was gone and never found. They searched intensely but couldn't find the earring. That prompted my little round box that gets zipped up tight.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have several of these small travel jewelry boxes.
But I just can't bring myself to use them.
I'm terrified to be separated from my luggage, and possibly lose my sparklies!
I just wear one ensemble(studs, rings, bracelet, solitaire necklace) and I wear that everyday when I travel.

I completely agree. Would hate to lose any of my jewelry. This one is small enough to throw into my carry on/hand bag and most of the jewelry I have in my picture, I wear. I just don’t like sleeping with jewelry and need something to put them in because I’m known lose jewelry.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Depends on where we are going.

When in Alaska, I will wear what I normally wear at home, 2 tennis bracelets, a RHR, ering/eternity, FIY diamond pendent, and a watch.

When I was in Norway last year, I left the larger bracelet home, wore my smaller FIY bracelet and wore my small Tiffany yellow as a RHR. I have heard that Norwegians are not into big bling.

When we go to Antarctica in December I will probably leave both bracelets home because of the need for gloves during polar landings, may not wear a RHR, any maybe just my solitaire CBI and eternity band.

I worry about losing things, so like other PSers, I just take what I can wear when we travel.

Very smart traveler! I agree most countries in Europe are very low key when it comes to everyday jewelry. I usually wear most of what’s in my travel jewelry box and what I don’t, I carry in whatever crossbody bag I bring.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love your little jewelry travel box. I’m always struggling with bringing jewelry on vacation because there is never a good way to transport it. I don’t go crazy but I like to bring a couple necklaces, some cheap earrings, and a couple rings. My DH always brings a couple watches. That stuff gets tangled really fast without some form of organization. I usually wear one full set while traveling and pack everything else in my carry on. I’ve tried a couple different travel cases (most recently a travel roll) but so far I haven’t found “the one.”
I hadn’t found the “one” until this little box. As you can see, I can throw my Mrs. Box in there as well as mini pouches. I usually am wearing my more expensive items. If I have a roomy hand bag, I carry this box in there. Or if the jewelry isn’t too expensive, I’ll lock the box in the hotel safe.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Loreal I love your travel case. Very smart and compact.

I just take the bling I am not wearing there separately in their little boxes. So I am always wearing Bea and a band and then earrings. And if I want other rings or other earrings or a necklace or bracelet etc I will take their individual jewelry boxes. I rarely travel with more than I am wearing at the time however. But when I do these go in my pocketbook. Easy peasy.

I have a few of these boxes in which I put earrings/rings for travel as the box is super small and easy to bring in my pocketbook.

beaand4caratI.jpg.png

And for home I have this jewelry box my dh made for me that I keep Bea with all her bands when I am not wearing them. It's made of solid mahogany and it is really lovely. It was his first woodworking project when he taught himself woodworking many years ago now.

ringboxbygreg.jpg

ringboxprofileshotwithkittyincluded.jpg

Oh wow, your mahogany box is beautiful! Wish my husband were talented enough to make such a gorgeous piece. He would rather buy anything than expend energy. Lol

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium

IMG_3296[1].jpg
IMG_3297[1].jpg
IMG_3298[1].jpg
IMG_3299[1].jpg

Cat mom, this is even better than mine. I love how pliable it is! And it looks light weight! Do you know where your daughter bought it?

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I usually travel with those 2 silk embroided pouches.
And very occasionally, if I only want to take 1 or 2 things with me, I would pick one of those free pouches I received while buying jewelry. I also got for free that travel box from my jeweler.
20180412_102158.jpg 20180412_102135.jpg 20180412_102257.jpg 20180412_102233.jpg

Wow these are gorgeous! Where did you find them? I love anything embroidered!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results