carat
color
clarity

Show me your tennis bracelet setting

yodaling

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone,
I am interested in a custom make, single row tennis bracelet. Ideally, I would want something in the 4.5mm or larger.

I have been trying to look around for all the different 3 prongs vs 4 prong designs on sites like whiteflash and Brian gavin but there isn't too many choices. I am still pretty new to tennis bracelet so there is a lot for me to learn. There are so many terminologies on the settings so I am quite confused with the differences. I've come across terminologies like halo, tiffany, cupcake, bezel, etc for tennis bracelet settings.

Would anyone be able to share your setting with a clear close up pictures, the reason for your choice, and any insight on advantage or disadvantage of one over the other please?

I think i would want something that is secure but doesn't look like there is too much metal that it inhibits the beauty of the diamonds and sparkle. I also like the symmetrical look, even gap between each diamond.

I asked whiteflash on the 3 prong settings they had but now discontinued as they switch to a different vendor that has a different 3 prong design now. Here are the 3 different 3 prong designs from whiteflash. I think with 3 prongs, the design isn't as secure because if one of the prong is to give way, there is no other redundant prong for the extra safety. I like the look of the 3 prong and I remember reading one that @Wink designed for a client that has 4 prongs but look like a 3 prongs that i find fascinating and in my alley of preferred setting and design too.

First pic: top bracelet, 3 prong and even spacing. Bottom bracelet, 3 prong uneven spacing,
Second picture: 3 prong zig zag that i think makes it look a little messy? Here is the video link they shared. https://www.retailjewels.com/Admin/ProductVideos/SB748.mp4

Please bombard me with your knowledge and share all your settings. I appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG-20240410-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20240410-WA0019.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Screenshot_20240415_133748_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240415_133748_com.android.chrome.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought this 3+ carat tennis bracelet from BGD a number of years ago. Have fun. img_4821.jpg
Edit: 7” long, each round H&A melee set in 3 prongs, 14K white gold setting

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
I have a couple tennis bracelets. I prefer a 4 prong basket setting. I just like the classic line look, and a more square shape I guess. I also didn't want metal to distract from the diamonds, or reduce sparkle, so didn't want a bezel setting. However, recently in another thread, I discovered the safest way to stack my tennis bracelets is to have something in between so the girdles do not saw into each other. Been trying a few things out until I can add a bezel tennis bracelet for the middle of my stack someday.

ETA: Point is, be aware that exposed girdles can rub against other stones etc. if you plan to stack.=)2

I also hope/think 4 prongs are more secure. I wear the bracelets often, so they see their fair share of action. In my experience more prongs is safer, but hopefully PS experts can advise more on that.

My round is about 8.5 ctw, and it's 6 inches. It was 10ctw (7 inches) but I had to size it down to fit. The round diamonds are about 4mm each. I had the diamonds that were removed set onto a custom cuff, just as they were, I wanted to keep them in the baskets, bc again, I love a 4 prong basket (a chain braclet would flip so I chose a cuff) The oval is 6.5ish ctw. And also 6 inches. They're a timeless style and comfortable IMO, which is what I wanted. You can see a side view of the basket in the photo of the cuff and a bit in the last shot of the round before I had it resized. VideoCapture_20240416-000735.jpg 20240413_180335.jpg 20240413_180704.jpg 20240416_001900.jpg

Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have three tennis bracelets and I love the bezel-set OECs the most because they’re my favorite cut, and the setting really lets them shine. It’s platinum over 14K yellow gold, 10.6 ctw, 4-4.6 mm.

The middle one was on sale at Costco and a fantastic value for 4 ctw in 4-prong yellow gold. I like this setting the least because I like to see the individual diamonds better

The smallest one is 1.34 ctw in 4-prong 18K rose gold, 2.3 mm wide. I like that baskets are round and almost like a buttercup effect, though this one does tend to catch on things.

IMG_9947.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yodaling

Here is my bracelet from @Wink That has the safety of 4 prongs but the look of 3 prongs.
It was made in August 2004, I still wear it daily.

20240417_084611.jpg

@cflutist, is this bracelet in yellow gold? It is beautiful but I never realized it might be in yellow gold.

concun

Shiny_Rock
My 7ct E-F, VS1 made by a local jeweler. I found this style the most comfortable though I do not wear it everyday. I recently had a 4 prong made and repaired but the prongs still catch on my silk clothes. The jeweler offered to remake it into full bezel, so will post once I receive it. IMG_3462.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes this bracelet is 14k yellow.

My FIY bracelet with .20s is 18k yellow.

I did not know that but both of your bracelets are beautiful!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results