shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your TANZANITE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
So I''m on a tanzanite kick
30.gif
, even to the point of going with one instead of a diamond for my ering
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
(Horrors, I know)

So anyway, I haven''t seen a lot of tanzanite around, anyone own any???

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you post this in the colored stone forum you''ll get more responses. I adore tanzanite. It''s a 7 on the Mohs scale of hardness, so not one I would recommend for an ering. More suited for a RHR, IMHO.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2007 9:47:30 PM
Author: Kaleigh
If you post this in the colored stone forum you''ll get more responses. I adore tanzanite. It''s a 7 on the Mohs scale of hardness, so not one I would recommend for an ering. More suited for a RHR, IMHO.
Kaleigh''s right about tanzanite being better as a RHR. I have several tanzanites, but they''re all for RHR wear.

I''m with you, though, on loving the special colour of tanzanite. Nothing can come close....

You''ll probably have lots of posters warn you about its hardness (or lack thereof) and suggest blue sapphire instead, but imho the colour is totally different.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nebe,

I have 4 tanzanite rings and love them. 2 WG and 2 YG. I haven''t had any issues with them as RHR''s. I love the color - both the gem color and the lighter periwinkle blue.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my YG tanzie rings:
tanzie%202.JPG
tanzie%20ring.JPG

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Don''t they make a purple sapphire? Maybe you could wear that everyday.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 12:03:05 AM
Author: marcyc
Here are my YG tanzie rings:
tanzie%202.JPG
tanzie%20ring.JPG
Oooo, pretty!
22.gif

I''m a WG girl, and I like BIG (think 2cts) rounds/modified squares. I would probably stick it in a halo though. Maybe?

glitterkitty

Shiny_Rock
this is mine - its posted somewhere on here already...

tanzbox.jpg

glitterkitty

Shiny_Rock
icky finger shot for size idea...

tanzsun.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
A nice close up...
30.gif

11576_A.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 5:20:13 PM
Author: Nicrez
A nice close up...
30.gif
WOW!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous tanzanite in that fabulous necklace!!!!
Who's the lucky owner of that fabulous piece of art?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of my tanzanite and diamond ring.

Deborah
34.gif

MyTanzAGBF.jpg

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
!! Can that necklace be my 'something borrowed' at my wedding?!?!?!
11.gif
9.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 6:34:16 PM
Author: AGBF

Deborah
34.gif
Deb, I adore your ring BTW

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 6:34:16 PM
Author: AGBF

Deborah
34.gif
That''s a beautiful ring, Deborah!!
36.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
This one is almost 7 cts.

r985_012Ww.jpg

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 10:20:00 PM
Author: Green with Envy
I don''t know WHAT my issue is, but for whatever reason I always want to twist stones set like that the other way!
41.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 10:20:00 PM
Author: Green with Envy

My to my DEEP regret, I recently found out that E/W settings look TERRIBLE on my fingers. But that is one STUNNING Leon tanzanite.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
LOL Nebe, well...for about $1,000,000 plus that baby could be yours... Why borrow?
31.gif

It''s a stunner no? I have never in my life seen anything like it. Truly, I thought it was a sapphire at first, but the purple was unmistakeable. It''s something that can''t really be photographed either. In person it looks like it''s made of velvet inside. So rich, even and perfect color.

Tanzanite is such a lovely stone, I recently fell for them. Actually in the windows of NYC there are a lot more now. You could easily confuse the finer ones for sapphires, but if you look carefully you see the hue difference.
30.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 11:40:57 AM
LOL Nebe, well...for about $1,000,000 plus that baby could be yours... Why borrow?
31.gif

It''s a stunner no? I have never in my life seen anything like it. Truly, I thought it was a sapphire at first, but the purple was unmistakeable. It''s something that can''t really be photographed either. In person it looks like it''s made of velvet inside. So rich, even and perfect color.

Tanzanite is such a lovely stone, I recently fell for them. Actually in the windows of NYC there are a lot more now. You could easily confuse the finer ones for sapphires, but if you look carefully you see the hue difference.
30.gif
Do you remember where you saw it, Nicrez
3.gif
????? Not that I have a million dollars, but.....
20.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 11:51:02 AM
Author: isaku5

Date: 11/9/2007 11:40:57 AM
31.gif

30.gif
Do you remember where you saw it, Nicrez
3.gif
????? Not that I have a million dollars, but.....
20.gif
Isaku, I should never have tempted people with such a thing...
11.gif

It''s privately held and I saw it at a antique dealer trade show in Las Vegas. I know the website I took the picture from, but it''s a wholesale dealer, so that won''t help any.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

Wow, this is turning into a yummy thread!!! I LOVE tanzanite!

18.gif

Date: 11/7/2007 4:01:03 PM
Author: glitterkitty
this is mine - its posted somewhere on here already...

I really love your ring, its so beautiful!!!! I remember seeing it in the Colored Stone eye candy thread...
30.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
You should never have posted such a gorgeous piece
4.gif
???? That''s what we''re on PS to see!!!
36.gif

I was hoping that it was displayed in the Smithsonian, or some other location where we regular folks could admire it. Probably, what is held in private collections is even more staggering than what we see on display.
35.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone know of an online vendor that sells stackable bead-set tanz bands? I can''t find any!!
29.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
http://www.shopping.com/xDN-jewelry--tanzanite-band~PG-1

Sorry I did a search and all I found was some of the saddest tanzanite 5 stone rings and other assorted stuff...

If we got a glimpse at some of the pieces privately held it would truly knock our socks off. I have to say, maybe about 5% of the world''s most stunning things are ever exhibited, and I am really not downplaying. Truly, private reserves are astounding, and sometimes these people only wear these amazing pieces for special ocassions, and let them sit in vaults and safe deposit boxes...

let that be a lesson to you all! Go get your gems and start showing them off! It''s meant as adornment!
30.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/14/2007 12:51:19 PM
http://www.shopping.com/xDN-jewelry--tanzanite-band~PG-1

Sorry I did a search and all I found was some of the saddest tanzanite 5 stone rings and other assorted stuff...

If we got a glimpse at some of the pieces privately held it would truly knock our socks off. I have to say, maybe about 5% of the world''s most stunning things are ever exhibited, and I am really not downplaying. Truly, private reserves are astounding, and sometimes these people only wear these amazing pieces for special ocassions, and let them sit in vaults and safe deposit boxes...

let that be a lesson to you all! Go get your gems and start showing them off! It''s meant as adornment!
30.gif
lol, thanks. I found those too. I was thinking more along the lines of this one, but with tanzanite. Thanks for trying though!!!

stackablering12.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results