shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your solitaire colored gemstone rings!

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
So at some point in the distant future, I plan to reset my spinel ring into a gold solitaire. Next to cluster rings, I'm a big fan of solitaire rings and because they're so simple, I feel like the design really makes a big difference. Would be great if you could share with me your solitaire colored gem rings - including any bezel set ones. If you have more than one, would also love to see them worn together. Thanks!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I love colored gemstone solitaires. I have a number of them. For example:

My 1.9 ct blue sapphire:

IMG_3987.jpeg

IMG_4633.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

Here's my red spinel in a vintage platinum setting:

IMG_3076.jpeg

IMG_6114.jpeg

My iolite "invisible ink" ring--I love how the inky blue changes to purple in strong sunlight and vanishes entirely from certain angles because of the iolite's crystal structure:

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

I have a bunch more--a rose de france amethyst, a gray-blue spinel, a trapiche emerald, a giant heliodor, a few others. Several are in Daniel M's U-prong setting. And some are converted stickpins, but that's probably not what you're looking for.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock

My 1.9 ct blue sapphire:

IMG_3987.jpeg

IMG_4633.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

IMG_3076.jpeg

IMG_6114.jpeg

My iolite "invisible ink" ring--I love how the inky blue changes to purple in strong sunlight and vanishes entirely from certain angles because of the iolite's crystal structure:

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

I have a bunch more--a rose de france amethyst, a gray-blue spinel, a trapiche emerald, a giant heliodor, a few others. Several are in Daniel M's U-prong setting. And some are converted stickpins, but that's probably not what you're looking for.

Wow, that blue sapphire really pops!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

My 1.9 ct blue sapphire:

IMG_3987.jpeg

IMG_4633.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

IMG_3076.jpeg

IMG_6114.jpeg

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

Oh that iolite! In addition to being a beautiful jewelry piece with that setting, the stone is awesome from a rock collection perspective. Do they all do this?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oh that iolite! In addition to being a beautiful jewelry piece with that setting, the stone is awesome from a rock collection perspective. Do they all do this?

Thank you! All iolites (the name of the mineral is cordierite) have pleochroism--they display different colors from different angles, generally violets, blues, and yellowy brown or colorless. But it's not an expensive stone and it's hard to find well-cut examples that really show off the colors. I looked long and hard for mine, which is precision cut and has a colorless angle (instead of a browny-yellow angle). I think Daniel M did an amazing job with the setting, which shows off the shape and the "invisible ink" effect well.

Glassgirl

Rough_Rock
Mine: victorian sapphire, 1950s emerald and 1818 amethyst 20240210_111120.jpg 20231127_111159.jpg

I love all your rings but that amethyst setting is so sweet. It’s very similar to what I’m hoping to do with my next project stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results