carat
color
clarity

Show me your Silver Jewelry

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I love it !
I was told by a salesperson that shape is really comfortable

It's very wide at the front and narrows to a normal band at the back. Got it years ago 75% off and it's a weighty gal. I take a pot scrubbie to it and rough it up :)

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
I forgot about this necklace.
I bought it from a Reverse Garbage place for my daughter thinking she would love the rainbow.
I remember in the back of my mind thinking - I think they are real crystals and silver... but it went into the dress ups and was forgotten about.
I just had a look and the silver clasp has a string magnet in it, no markings, but it is very well made with tiny silver beads in between each bead holding everything perfectly in place.
its sparkels beautifully in the sun and cost me $3!
I have no idea where it has come from but we are happy to give it a new life.
600787BC-F571-4091-911F-40897BC1623C.jpeg

Lara khzam

Rough_Rock
I don’t have any

Only diamonds babe!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My other silver knuckle buster and 2 gold bands.
Corinne Hunt (early work) Tlingit
A. Charlie Quamichan 20200911_210540.jpg

:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: So beautiful!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
[QUOTniiiiE="Begonia, post: 4818053, member: 49681"]
[/QUOTE]

I love these !!!!!!
:appl: :appl: :kiss2: :lickout: :kiss2: :appl: :appl:
I want to start a thread called ...well im.not sure what to call it but i want to see gold and silver rings without stones

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20200911_213840.jpg

Argillite raven on silver wire :)
Myles Edgar's (Haida)

You are killing me, woman!! Your pieces are freaking fabulous.
Now you must tell me about your interest in Northwest NA jewelry. Perhaps you are a tribal member?
My DH is a member of the Isleta Pueblo here in NM.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
You are killing me, woman!! Your pieces are freaking fabulous.
Now you must tell me about your interest in Northwest NA jewelry. Perhaps you are a tribal member?
My DH is a member of the Isleta Pueblo here in NM.

Hi @stracci2000 :) I'm so glad you appreciate them as I do, and that this kind of jewelry has found a wee corner of pricescope

I started my collection when I was a young woman. The pieces are very affordable where I live but particularly when you buy them in the early stages of the artist career, as all of mine are. I mainly confine myself to silver as the gold pieces can get costly, at least for my budget :)

I also collect the wool cowichan sweaters knit by the women of the cowichan band. That's my real passion, those sweaters. I buy vintage ones, and repair them. The older ones have better quality wool.

I'm not PNW tribal, my grandmother was metis/Huron :) Ahhh, NM. It's my dream to visit it and now I have a friend there to visit as well!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @stracci2000 :) I'm so glad you appreciate them as I do, and that this kind of jewelry has found a wee corner of pricescope

I started my collection when I was a young woman. The pieces are very affordable where I live but particularly when you buy them in the early stages of the artist career, as all of mine are. I mainly confine myself to silver as the gold pieces can get costly, at least for my budget :)

I also collect the wool cowichan sweaters knit by the women of the cowichan band. That's my real passion, those sweaters. I buy vintage ones, and repair them. The older ones have better quality wool.

I'm not PNW tribal, my grandmother was metis/Huron :) Ahhh, NM. It's my dream to visit it and now I have a friend there to visit as well!

Yes, you must come visit!
Those sweaters!! I just looked at some online....the prices!! They are amazing.
These pieces, which I posted upthread, were made by my good friend Rodney Coriz, from the Santo Domingo (Kewa) Pueblo here in NM.
He is well known for inlay work.
1599921712356.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have just learned a little about the Tlingit people (but more about the Aleuts) after reading the entire series about investigator Kate Shugak set in Alaska written by Dana Stabewnow. I never saw any Tlingit jewelry!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have just learned a little about the Tlingit people (but more about the Aleuts) after reading the entire series about investigator Kate Shugak set in Alaska written by Dana Stabewnow. I never saw any Tlingit jewelry!

I think its fabulous.......I may need to get some of these pieces!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not know how to operate my camera at the moment. I have some silver jewelry and ladies accessories that I have posted about elsewhere on Pricescope that I inherited from my mother. It is mainly Georg Jensen that was made in the United States in the 1940's when transport between the US and Denmark was impossible. I also have Elsa Peretti mesh earrings and a matching scarf necklace.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@stracci-

We do have a thread on traditional charm bracelets. I have not gone to check to see if yours is already there. If it is not, would you consider adding it? I love charm bracelets and yours is lovely, very full.

Deb :wavey:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci-

We do have a thread on traditional charm bracelets. I have not gone to check to see if yours is already there. If it is not, would you consider adding it? I love charm bracelets and yours is lovely, very full.

Deb :wavey:

Yes, it is there! Post #282

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Yes, you must come visit!
Those sweaters!! I just looked at some online....the prices!! They are amazing.
These pieces, which I posted upthread, were made by my good friend Rodney Coriz, from the Santo Domingo (Kewa) Pueblo here in NM.
He is well known for inlay work.
1599921712356.png

Those pieces are very beautiful, the colors are striking! Can you tell me more about this style of jewelry? Also a little about the materials used? So very different from out local bands artwork, but I feel the desert in them?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Correct me if I am wrong, however, I thought silver is considered as a precious metal, hence I am perplexed while this thread is in the Fashion Jewellery section.

DK :confused:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Correct me if I am wrong, however, I thought silver is considered as a precious metal, hence I am perplexed while this thread is in the Fashion Jewellery section.

DK :confused:

Thats a good question, @dk168.
I never realized it is in Fashion jewelry

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I think its fabulous.......I may need to get some of these pieces!

Find your style and go from there. I adore deep carving and minimal cross hatching (Alvin Adkins). Some of the newer artists are using lasers to cut out very fine detail, much smaller than the traditional saws. I'm old school myself but I can appreciate it.

I would love to own a Norval Morisseau. He's passed on now, but was the Pablo Picasso of North America. A truly gifted man.

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those pieces are very beautiful, the colors are striking! Can you tell me more about this style of jewelry? Also a little about the materials used? So very different from out local bands artwork, but I feel the desert in them?

The ancient Pueblo people used the turquoise they found here in New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada. Some of the mines are very famous, like Sleeping Beauty mine in AZ, and the Cerrillos mine in NM. I believe these have both been mined out, unfortunately.

The Pueblo people made simple strung beads of the turquoise and shell that they got through trading.
Then the Spanish came here in the 1500-1600s and basically took over and stole the tribal land. (sorry, this part makes me mad).
However, they taught the SW tribes silversmithing, and now many tribes here are famous for their distinct styles of silver jewelry.
Navajo, Hopi, Zuni, Santo Domingo, etc.
Other tribes are renowned for their pottery, like the Jemez, Acoma, Laguna, Santa Clara, San Ildefonso, etc.

Here are some classic examples of what I'm talking about.

The Santo Domingo do heishi beads, as well as inlay.
1599930748230.png

Navajo. Large stones, bold style.
1599929762020.png

Zuni are known for their petit point style, reminiscent of needlework.
All the tribes love to add red coral, and spiny oyster to their work as well.
1599929801981.png

Hopi jewelers do more of a carved in style.
1599929920123.png
1599929942707.png

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results