shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Silver Jewelry

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Here's some of my silver collection. I love sterling silver. I have a little bit of everything: Tiffany's, James Avery, Yurman, Hardy, Lagos, Ippolita, Judith Ripka, and some handmade items.
IMG_3201.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i got to wait till Tibby has finished his cuddle
but i love seeing silver threads

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have any either but I'm watching a number of vintage Scandinavian pieces on eBay. I love the bright colours that are possible when combined with enamel. I also have my eye on a Tiffany bead style bracelet.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I had a package arrive yesterday. A star sapphire in silver. I didn't want to budget much for it, it more a curiosity. 20200828_101429.jpg
20200828_101333.jpg
20200828_095632.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I am getting this! It's from Ross Simons. 8-)

Sterling silver and CZs is one way to cut back on my spending while still getting new pretties.

Oops, sorry so large. It doesn't appear so until it's posted. ?

emerald fake ring.jpg

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I am getting this! It's from Ross Simons. 8-)

Sterling silver and CZs is one way to cut back on my spending while still getting new pretties.

Oops, sorry so large. It doesn't appear so until it's posted. ?

emerald fake ring.jpg

Very pretty! I love Ross Simons. I've been trawling their website lately for the same reason. I'm on the hunt for white zircons....

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My turquoise from my dad on his trips to Arizona 20200628_161915.jpg
The pendant and bracelet are by the designer Effy.

Ohhh! Effie C! She is very well known! Nice pieces!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
This thread made me go and dig up some of my antique silver jewelry I collected in high school.
Also two rings I bought new waaaay back in high school. I know I have more somewhere...

silverring.jpg silverring1.jpg antiquesilverneck3.jpg antiquesilverneck2.jpg antiquesilverearring.jpg antiquesilverbracelet.jpg antiquesilvercollection.jpg

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@seaurchin, you probably recognize the one cuff bracelet in my post above ^............

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
This thread made me go and dig up some of my antique silver jewelry I collected in high school.
Also two rings I bought new waaaay back in high school. I know I have more somewhere...

Hi
I was wondering if you could tell me about this piece?
I have the matching anklet or bracelet to this and love it for tinkle sound it makes.
Thought it may be traditional belly dancers costume wear.?
19F5ADFB-7506-47E5-A559-E1B91DD2BB60.png

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Hi
I was wondering if you could tell me about this piece?
I have the matching anklet or bracelet to this and love it for tinkle sound it makes.
Thought it may be traditional belly dancers costume wear.?
19F5ADFB-7506-47E5-A559-E1B91DD2BB60.png
It was brought back from a buying trip by a lady who had a antique shop in my high school town, I believe it is an Indian temple anklet and either .800 or .925 silver, though these weren't regularly marked/stamped. It is somewhat similar to what Moroccan belly dancers use. It is a popular design even now as it is a stamp and roll method that is easy to reproduce.
I do know that it was one of the more simple and common designs. She had some extremely ornate, heavy, beautiful pieces but they weren't practical for a teen. I used to wear it as a necklace(with a little leather extender) The bigger types can almost look like yokes on your feet/wrists and ears. I was 15 when I bought it back in the early nineties! I can't give an exact estimate, though this one is probably the 'youngest'. The bracelet and other necklace were @60+yrs in the nineties...that was the information she gave me at the time. Most of what she sold was out of my league :bigsmile:

* also, she added the ends to the other necklace- I didn't find out until years later that you shouldn't actually do that, it devalues the piece a bit (not that they're worth that much to begin with). The solid ones are where the $$$ is.

Last edited:

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
It was brought back from a buying trip by a lady who had a antique shop in my high school town, I believe it is an Indian temple anklet and either .800 or .925 silver, though these weren't regularly marked/stamped. It is somewhat similar to what Moroccan belly dancers use. It is a popular design even now as it is a stamp and roll method that is easy to reproduce.
I do know that it was one of the more simple and common designs. She had some extremely ornate, heavy, beautiful pieces but they weren't practical for a teen. I used to wear it as a necklace(with a little leather extender) The bigger types can almost look like yokes on your feet/wrists and ears. I was 15 when I bought it back in the early nineties! I can't give an exact estimate, though this one is probably the 'youngest'. The bracelet and other necklace were @60+yrs in the nineties...that was the information she gave me at the time. Most of what she sold was out of my league :bigsmile:

* also, she added the ends to the other necklace- I didn't find out until years later that you shouldn't actually do that, it devalues the piece a bit (not that they're worth that much to begin with). The solid ones are where the $$$ is.

Thankyou for that info. The one I have is tiny compared to yours. Never fit around my chunky ankles - lol

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
My Aquamarine that is permanently set east/west solitaire in a silver necklace. It was a 21st birthday present but I can’t wear silver without it turning black. It also doesn’t photograph well- I have trouble capturing that light blue hue.

F683ED90-EBE8-4F30-AB47-D9B6E1343360.jpeg BE19352B-49ED-40D0-80C0-57CE2FE598BA.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou for that info. The one I have is tiny compared to yours. Never fit around my chunky ankles - lol

You're welcome! It's the first time I've even looked at them in about twenty years. I shined them up and then was like- why don't I wear these? They're awesome.
I always thought it was weird how long it was, the lady(I feel so bad I can't remember her name, I used to moon around her store all the time after school if I wasn't working to spend my first job money! The store was called Arjuna) told me it was most likely doubled around the ankle.
It's been close to thirty years and it's still the coolest shop I have ever been in.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Aquamarine that is permanently set east/west solitaire in a silver necklace. It was a 21st birthday present but I can’t wear silver without it turning black. It also doesn’t photograph well- I have trouble capturing that light blue hue.

F683ED90-EBE8-4F30-AB47-D9B6E1343360.jpeg BE19352B-49ED-40D0-80C0-57CE2FE598BA.jpeg

That is so sad you can't wear it
Im pretty sure im repeating myself on this one !
But its so lovelly

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results