shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your round shared prong eternity bands 1.5 - 2 cttw!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, now that I''ve decided to go with a shared-prong eternity band, I need to know which one
emsmile.gif
I will most likely be going with Whiteflash, because their pricing seems pretty reasonable, but I''d like to see bands from all jewelers just to get some setting ideas.

Do I want 7, 8, 9 or 10 pointers? (I want it to be between 2.5 - 3 mm wide). Do I want a basket set like Tiffany? Regular shared-prong like the Memoire (no basket)? Does Whiteflash make a trellis set eternity band? (Someone on here posted one that was TDF!) Can you get a lower color than F-G (I was hoping for G-H SI1)?

I would love to see all bands, between 1.5 - 2 ctw especially (that''s what I''m torn between). I''m going to be pairing it with a 2 ct solitaire, so if you have pics paired with your erings too, I''d love to see those as well.

Thanks!

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Here''s one pic of mine, there are a few more now on page 2. It''s 2.11 ctw, 10.5 pointers each shared prong. I definitely think you should go with the biggest possible pointers. As long as it sits low, it should work w/your e-ring. At least that''s been my experience.

schutz.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi vespergirl, I''m excited that you plan to get an eternity band. I think you''ll love the extra bling it will add! And with a solitaire as large as yours, you can get one in a really nice weight!

As you probably know, I got the new WF Uternity band: http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/Annette-s-U-Prong-Eternity-Band_1400.htm and I can''t say enough good things about it. The width is 2.9 - 3 mm (depending on what size you wear). I''m sure they can make it with G/H, SI stones (standard is F/G, VS).

I''d say you could easily go with the 10 pt. stones. That''s what I have and my solitaire is about half the size of yours! If you''re interested, I have several photos of it in a couple of different threads.

I had an eternity band before that had the typical "scalloped" sides and I like the uternity profile so much better. All of the diamonds show and they''re so easy to clean. I love Memoire bands too but I like this uternity better than those by far. The Tiffany basket style is beautiful but it looks like they would have a higher profile and I wanted something nice and low-set.

Best of luck!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 3:02:08 PM
Author: katiedid
hi vespergirl, I'm excited that you plan to get an eternity band. I think you'll love the extra bling it will add! And with a solitaire as large as yours, you can get one in a really nice weight!

As you probably know, I got the new WF Uternity band: http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/Annette-s-U-Prong-Eternity-Band_1400.htm and I can't say enough good things about it. The width is 2.9 - 3 mm (depending on what size you wear). I'm sure they can make it with G/H, SI stones (standard is F/G, VS).

I'd say you could easily go with the 10 pt. stones. That's what I have and my solitaire is about half the size of yours! If you're interested, I have several photos of it in a couple of different threads.

I had an eternity band before that had the typical 'scalloped' sides and I like the uternity profile so much better. All of the diamonds show and they're so easy to clean. I love Memoire bands too but I like this uternity better than those by far. The Tiffany basket style is beautiful but it looks like they would have a higher profile and I wanted something nice and low-set.

Best of luck!!

ditto this. we have the same band
30.gif
and my e-ring is 1.77ct..I love the way the 10 pointers look. Speak to Chris at WF and I know they can make the lower color stones for you...If you can look up my SMTR threads about my UTERNITY...you will see my e-ring and uternity together
35.gif

BTW the U-Prong ring is so comfy. It sits low and I could barely tell I have it on. I'm sure Katie, Lucky Texan feel the same way. Oh yes..shellydog has it too

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I originally had a 2.2tcw shared prong eternity band with a tiffany basket setting - however it was the stock/pre-cast setting from Adwar because I didn''t want to pay for custom.

It sat really high off my finger and was not comfortable so I exchanged it for the 2 bead set pave bands I ended up with.

I only tell you this because if you want the basket style, IMO you will have to pay for it to be made custom or by someone who has done it before really low. The pre-made version isn''t great.

I *think* that if (ahem...I mean when
31.gif
) I get a sp eternity band, I will go with whatever sits lowest on my finger for comfort sake. While a great side view would be amazing, for me if the ring wasn''t comfortable I wouldn''t be happy you know?

Not to say the U-prong isn''t low - I can''t really tell from the pics.

Good luck! Can''t wait to see what you pick!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good point October,

For what it''s worth, the uternity sits really low for the size stones that are in it. I''ll attach a profile photo for you so you don''t have to dig through all my millions of posts and photos.
emsmile.gif
This ring is super comfortable. I''ve been wearing it today without my ering and I barely notice I have a ring on.

lowband.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my god! sorry for the huge photo!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Katie..I''m loving the profile of your e-ring. I don''t think I''d ever seen it

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maybe this one is better.

lowband2.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks Annette. the legato is so beautiful!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your pics & feedback, you guys! I have noticed that several of you just got those gorgeous rings from Whiteflash, and they are incredible! I did go to some stores and try on some bands - originally I thought I wanted 10 ptrs, but they looked a little big on my hand - then I tried 5 ptrs, too small. I think that I liked around 8 pt size the best, but the settings were all different, so it''s hard to tell what I''ll end up liking the best.

If I were just going to wear the band alone or with my solitiare, I would go for the 10 ptrs, but when I tried it on with rings with sidestones (which I''ll get in a couple of years) I liked the slightly smaller stones better (more like 8 pt).

Anyway, I''m rambling - thanks for your gorgeous pics - keep em coming!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 3:25:24 PM
maybe this one is better.

oh no...more BLING is the huge pic
31.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know what you mean vespergirl. It''s all about what YOU like - if you like 8 pointers the best, that''s what you should get! You''re doing the right thing by trying on different sizes though. And you can ramble all you want - it''ll help you make your decision!

Annette, I changed my avatar again - decided if everyone else can use their cute kids, I should too! I didn''t have any ring photos I was crazy about at that tiny size.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 3:27:19 PM
thanks Annette. the legato is so beautiful!

Aww Katie..she''s beautiful! How old? Is she your only?

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! She is 11 1/2 (that photo is from a couple of years ago). And she''s my sweetie! I also have a 9 year old step-daughter. My poor hubby having to live with the 3 of us!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 3:27:33 PM
Author: vespergirl
Thanks for your pics & feedback, you guys! I have noticed that several of you just got those gorgeous rings from Whiteflash, and they are incredible! I did go to some stores and try on some bands - originally I thought I wanted 10 ptrs, but they looked a little big on my hand - then I tried 5 ptrs, too small. I think that I liked around 8 pt size the best, but the settings were all different, so it''s hard to tell what I''ll end up liking the best.

If I were just going to wear the band alone or with my solitiare, I would go for the 10 ptrs, but when I tried it on with rings with sidestones (which I''ll get in a couple of years) I liked the slightly smaller stones better (more like 8 pt).

Anyway, I''m rambling - thanks for your gorgeous pics - keep em coming!

trying on is the best way to know. It''s all what you feel comfortable with. I wanted 20 pointers but it was too much to wear with my e-ring so I went for the 10 pointers. I also tried on the 7 pointers and it looked really nice (very delicate look). I think you can''t go wrong with what appeals to your eyes. GL and let us know!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 3:42:46 PM
Thank you! She is 11 1/2 (that photo is from a couple of years ago). And she''s my sweetie! I also have a 9 year old step-daughter. My poor hubby having to live with the 3 of us!

oh...boy am I going to ask for advice from you! LOL. My older dd will be 9 yr old next week (4/1) and my younger dd will be 5 in Aug. I''m already dreading the teen yrs
32.gif

I have to change my avatar in a few days since the girls saw Noah''s pic and asked where are their pics. I told them I would change it up every few days!

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
Here is my 1.5 they are 7-8 pointers each

7pointerssssssss.JPG

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 2:07:21 PM
Author:vespergirl
OK, now that I''ve decided to go with a shared-prong eternity band, I need to know which one
emsmile.gif
I will most likely be going with Whiteflash, because their pricing seems pretty reasonable, but I''d like to see bands from all jewelers just to get some setting ideas.

Do I want 7, 8, 9 or 10 pointers? (I want it to be between 2.5 - 3 mm wide). Do I want a basket set like Tiffany? Regular shared-prong like the Memoire (no basket)? Does Whiteflash make a trellis set eternity band? (Someone on here posted one that was TDF!) Can you get a lower color than F-G (I was hoping for G-H SI1)?

I would love to see all bands, between 1.5 - 2 ctw especially (that''s what I''m torn between). I''m going to be pairing it with a 2 ct solitaire, so if you have pics paired with your erings too, I''d love to see those as well.

Thanks!
Mine is H SI1... 10 pts each.. total 2.2 but that''s cuz I have monster fingers
9.gif

Whiteflass has been nothing but a joy to work with, and they''re very reasonable in their pricing... I researched it, and they were the cheapest... and on top of all that you get ACA''s! You''d never know these stones were SI1... they are like ICE from the side!!!

It will eventually be paired with a 2 carat Royal Crown from D.Vatche... It''s going to be PERFECTION
30.gif
(3-4 weeks from 3/10)
36.gif

Nikon 001.JPG

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Annette, oh yeah we''re already experiencing the pre-teen years for sure!

Lucky, I can''t wait to see that 2 ct Royal Crown!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 5:33:09 PM
Annette, oh yeah we''re already experiencing the pre-teen years for sure!

Lucky, I can''t wait to see that 2 ct Royal Crown!
I have been dreaming of this ring... for oh... um... since hubby proposed! I still need to tell my proposal story... I think I will when I have my engagement ring!
9.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
WHAT? A 2ct ring? Where was I when this was discussed? lol
6.gif

WOO I can''t wait to see the finished product. It will be STUNNING
18.gif
30.gif

WOW...I have something else to look forward too!
36.gif

evansjm1

Shiny_Rock

hi vespergirl,

I love the Uternity band that many are talking about, just gorgeous.

I have a 1.5 ct eternity band (the HOF Multiplicty) and it''s matches up pretty well with the sidestones in my e-ring...I didn''t want it to take any of the show away from the main "star"!

25.gif
I think that it''s 3mm - 7-8 pointers, F-G, VS. Very comfortable.

Good luck in your search!

2009.03.19_6315_resized2.JPG

evansjm1

Shiny_Rock
Without the e-ring...

023_ef_IMG_5509_resized.jpg

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
My eternity is 1.70 ct and they are 7 pointers. My solitaire is 2.11 ct. Hope this helps. It took me almost 7 months to decide on a band after I got my solitaire. Good Luck!!

5937d.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 5:52:26 PM
Author: atroop711
WHAT? A 2ct ring? Where was I when this was discussed? lol
6.gif

WOO I can''t wait to see the finished product. It will be STUNNING
18.gif
30.gif

WOW...I have something else to look forward too!
36.gif
OK, ditto! What 2ct Royal Crown? Now you KNOW you can''t keep the details for something like that from us! Spill it! We want details!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
the bigger the better!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see that you''ve already started trying on different rings, which is really the only way to go. I was set on an eternity band with 13-pointers for my wedding band, (I was just thinking "Bigger is better"!) but then I started trying on different bands and realized that the proportions just didn''t look right to me with those 13-pointers.

My engagement ring has 4 pointers, and my wedding band has 7.5 pointers.

I think an eternity band is going to look amazing with your gorgeous engagement ring, Vesper!

Here''s a picture:

n1064133266_1996912_4775 dup.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys!

Thanks so much to everyone for your beautiful pics. My husband & I went to a local jewelry store today that had Memoire bands, and he liked the higher ct weights over the lower, but I thought that 10 ptrs was still a little big for me.

I am getting a quote from a PS vendor right now on a full shared-prong eternity (I want one like the Memoire setting) with H SI quality 8 or 9 pointers - so the tcw will be around 1.8 cts., which I think will be a perfect balance.

I will let you guys know when I place the order, and will post pics when I get it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results