shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your rose cut ring

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Show me your rose cut ring!
I am planning a rose cut halo ring and I'd like some examples and pros and cons you encountered.
Also, recommendations on who to customm order such a project.
My center stone will be round 9mm and 3mm halo.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Single Stone creates beautiful rings with rose cuts. But it depends on your budget.
Could you post a photo of your stone?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Can you elaborate? Is the center stone a Rose cut or do you want a rose cut halo?

Regardless the only ones I have seen that are good reproductions are from Single Stone, Love Affair Diamonds (Erica) and Jewels by Grace (grace). All of them work with rose cuts. SS comes with a very hefty price tag. Grace and Erica are more middle ground in terms of pricing.

I actually just bought a 32" DBTY with rose cuts from grace. I'm totally in love with it!

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a rose cut in an Art Deco target style setting. This is vintage/antique.
I don't remember the stats off hand, but I think it's approx. .5ct and a K in color. I actually like it as a RHR, but in general I like rose cuts in YG or RG as solitaires and I think this Art Deco design is too geometric and harsh for a rose cut. They have a subtle prism type look I prefer then on their own. What's the setting design you're considering? I'm a huge fan of SS for most vintage styles.

dsc_4816.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was my dream ring. I had to return it as the outer stones kept falling out. They were shared prong, which as was explained to me by the bench person at my jeweler, was the problem. With no culet sort of securing the stones in their mounting, they were notoriously loose. I would not go with this sort of cluster/halo unless there were many more prongs or a bezel holding all the stones in place. The center stone on my ring was also loose most of the time. :oops:

The SS ring on the bottom is one of my favorite looks.

derbygal_rose_0.jpg

ss_rose_cut_halo.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've tried this one on in person and it was so pretty. Made by Rahaminov.

rahaminov_rose.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some Single Stone eye candy:

_21329.jpg

_21330.jpg

_21331.jpg

_21332.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore this SS 2.56 carat E-colored one. Stunning!

_21334.jpg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only feedback would be to get a slightly bigger size, especially if the stone is sitting flat against your finger and is not raised.

Not what you're looking for, but here is my little custom right hand friend from Jewels by Grace.

jbg_ring.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kama_s|1407965019|3731763 said:
My only feedback would be to get a slightly bigger size, especially if the stone is sitting flat against your finger and is not raised.

Not what you're looking for, but here is my little custom right hand friend from Jewels by Grace.

Totally in love with your JBG rose cut pear ring! :love: Need more pics!

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
Agreed, that's quite pretty!

I really find rose cuts appealing and I'm not sure why. It makes me think of the Middle Ages somehow. I think I know why. When I was a little kid, I went to one of those Renaissance festivals. I left with a wooden sword that had a red plastic gem on the handle. If I remember right, that "ruby" had a vaguely rose-like cut. Maybe that's why I like them! Either way, I find this thread very interesting and would love to see more! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1407919428|3731372 said:
Can you elaborate? Is the center stone a Rose cut or do you want a rose cut halo?

Regardless the only ones I have seen that are good reproductions are from Single Stone, Love Affair Diamonds (Erica) and Jewels by Grace (grace). All of them work with rose cuts. SS comes with a very hefty price tag. Grace and Erica are more middle ground in terms of pricing.

I actually just bought a 32" DBTY with rose cuts from grace. I'm totally in love with it!

Ummm, pics? Thread? Pretty please. :appl:

kama_s said:

Kama, I love your ring. Beautiful! :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Here you go Missy. I loved your longer DBTY necklace you got, was it last year? So it was my inspiration. Mine is only 32 inches though as I just wanted to wear it long without doubling it up. I have been on a real YG kick lately. (EDIT to add that the clasp was removed from the necklace so it is actually one long continuous chain.

http://jewelsbygrace.smugmug.com/Custom-Work/100tcw-Rose-Cut-DBTY-Necklace/

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1408017089|3732172 said:
Here you go Missy. I loved your longer DBTY necklace you got, was it last year? So it was my inspiration. Mine is only 32 inches though as I just wanted to wear it long without doubling it up. I have been on a real YG kick lately. (EDIT to add that the clasp was removed from the necklace so it is actually one long continuous chain.

http://jewelsbygrace.smugmug.com/Custom-Work/100tcw-Rose-Cut-DBTY-Necklace/

GORGEOUS! :love:
Wouldn't mind some neck shots when you get a chance. :appl: :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
derbygal|1407954896|3731628 said:

I adore it, too! I wonder what the price is?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1408022686|3732228 said:
derbygal|1407954896|3731628 said:

I adore it, too! I wonder what the price is?

36K! :$$):

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep hoping the price on that E color will magically go down. Waaayyyyyy down. :$$):

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
derbygal|1408037980|3732404 said:
I keep hoping the price on that E color will magically go down. Waaayyyyyy down. :$$):

Maybe we can all do a time share together on it! :naughty:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just got one about a month ago - posted a few pics of it in a thread in Vintage& Antique Jewelry, here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-to-set-a-rose-cut-diamond.202843/

It's about .85 points, according to the dealer, but it faces up at around the same size as my 2.5ct transitional. The current theory is that it's a Georgian piece - earring? button? - that was married to a Deco setting. Whatever the explanation, I love it - the foiling is cupped, and probably tarnished, and it gives it this wonderfully mutable iridescence in gold and purple and peacock blue. Makes me feel like a sorceress! :bigsmile:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe, your rose cut is fabulous!!!!! So happy you got it! :appl:

And yes, let's share the giant E colored one. The sisterhood of the travelling rose cut! :lol:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen this beauty from Jewels by Grace? It's a 2.5 ct rose cut cushion.

jbg_2.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, KristyDarling. I've been ogling it almost daily. :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
derbygal|1407946878|3731544 said:
This was my dream ring. I had to return it as the outer stones kept falling out. They were shared prong...

I bet one of our vendors could make that ring with more prongs and a similar look. Have you tried Jewels by Grace? http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've thought about them. I have my eye on an antique one with a similar look for a fraction of what I paid for the faulty ring. The stones are not as white, but that won't bother me. I'll keep you all updated! :naughty:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Derbygal -- please do keep us posted! Your dream ring was just unreal. I can only imagine how bummed you were that it didn't work out!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
KristyDarling|1408121177|3733050 said:
Have you seen this beauty from Jewels by Grace? It's a 2.5 ct rose cut cushion.
I love this!!!! Is it well priced?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results