shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your rings with J, K, L colored diamonds!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a beautiful collection @missy, but I gotta love the furry photobomb!

Haha thank you and yes they do love photobombing many of my pics. They're like mom pay attention to me not the silly diamonds! Meeeeeeeeee(ow) :lol:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love, love everyone’s rings! I have diamonds of all colors from D to K, but have to say, I appreciate the lower color ranges the most. I’ve posted my 2.31ct K solitare several times, but here are a few more under different lighting

In the kitchen under a mix of natural and led lighting
0F19AA4D-8D45-4C9E-94D2-6DE410BB0042.jpeg
In the family room near a window
52A30F7B-D97B-4D0B-968C-5B910203B367.jpeg
Under a shaded tree - this is the warmest I perceive the stone
1D5CB35F-5633-4C46-8B69-A92A2F1B74BE.jpeg
Under another tree with lots of surrounding colors
AB855203-ADC7-4DA1-B8F2-1467267ABA02.jpeg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DIL's 1.33 K VS2 AVC. One can see a tint to the side, but remember this a blowup. Wish I had a pix of her ring with the wedding band. The setting is 18K white gold, it was redic price but - well it's a long story :) that stone is gorgeous.

Caras ring.jpeg ring engraving.PNG

Tinydancer330

Rough_Rock
Wow! That is BEAUTIFUL!

UOTE="stonewell, post: 4322909, member: 67284"]Love, love everyone’s rings! I have diamonds of all colors from D to K, but have to say, I appreciate the lower color ranges the most. I’ve posted my 2.31ct K solitare several times, but here are a few more under different lighting

In the kitchen under a mix of natural and led lighting
0F19AA4D-8D45-4C9E-94D2-6DE410BB0042.jpeg
In the family room near a window
52A30F7B-D97B-4D0B-968C-5B910203B367.jpeg
Under a shaded tree - this is the warmest I perceive the stone
1D5CB35F-5633-4C46-8B69-A92A2F1B74BE.jpeg
Under another tree with lots of surrounding colors
AB855203-ADC7-4DA1-B8F2-1467267ABA02.jpeg [/QUOTE]

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My DIL's 1.33 K VS2 AVC. One can see a tint to the side, but remember this a blowup. Wish I had a pix of her ring with the wedding band. The setting is 18K white gold, it was redic price but - well it's a long story :) that stone is gorgeous.

Caras ring.jpeg ring engraving.PNG

We definitely need more pictures of this, the setting is so unique I want to see hand shots!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my GIA K alone and stacked. I don’t see much tint at all but maybe I’m not sensitive. I have an EC that’s a G and it’s very white to me if that indicates anything. 389056BC-5D3C-4647-83F2-AE4F908D5A3B.jpeg 37D576B1-9455-4462-B985-202089896F40.jpeg

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is my GIA K alone and stacked. I don’t see much tint at all but maybe I’m not sensitive. I have an EC that’s a G and it’s very white to me if that indicates anything. 389056BC-5D3C-4647-83F2-AE4F908D5A3B.jpeg 37D576B1-9455-4462-B985-202089896F40.jpeg

There’s just something about a gorgeous OEC that makes my heart beat faster.... it looks fantastic along with your stack!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@GearGirly

Hi, I really need to get more pictures, on her hand.. I feel awkward asking her as the stone was mine but I gave it to my son for the ring.. the pix show some tint but when you see it on her it's a disco ball and one does not see any tint.. her wedding band is diamonds, very thin band, and matches the curvature of the setting.. she is a size 4.75 but had the ring made at 4.50 and most times she can't get it off she said.. Next time I see her in May I will try to get some pix on her hand.

I can't say I liked the setting at all when my son picked it, her pinterest showed all the art deco rings
but my son liked the forever type of thingy.. I stayed out of it as he was pretty much paying for the setting (I coughed in 500.00$ the ante) and he loved this setting, so I said have engraving as all her pix showed engraved rings, so he did, so it's engraved but it's modern, sorta weird but she loved it, she loved it because he tried to get something she liked and she loves him and loved whatever he picked for the setting and stone .... she is a good person.. loves my son, nothing more to say on that.

thank you for your words, I appreciate it.

We definitely need more pictures of this, the setting is so unique I want to see hand shots!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@GearGirly

Hi, I really need to get more pictures, on her hand.. I feel awkward asking her as the stone was mine but I gave it to my son for the ring.. the pix show some tint but when you see it on her it's a disco ball and one does not see any tint.. her wedding band is diamonds, very thin band, and matches the curvature of the setting.. she is a size 4.75 but had the ring made at 4.50 and most times she can't get it off she said.. Next time I see her in May I will try to get some pix on her hand.

I can't say I liked the setting at all when my son picked it, her pinterest showed all the art deco rings
but my son liked the forever type of thingy.. I stayed out of it as he was pretty much paying for the setting (I coughed in 500.00$ the ante) and he loved this setting, so I said have engraving as all her pix showed engraved rings, so he did, so it's engraved but it's modern, sorta weird but she loved it, she loved it because he tried to get something she liked and she loves him and loved whatever he picked for the setting and stone .... she is a good person.. loves my son, nothing more to say on that.

I think I read before that the setting was not to your taste but you loved all the thought that went into it (forgive me if I'm misphrasing). I have to say the more I see it, the more I appreciate how elegantly it blends so many things that were important to your son and your daughter-in-law. And it is so unique!

It was done by Benolds if I remember correctly from that prior thread - we looked there too and their custom settings looked very high quality. It's a ring that is going to stand the test of time & adding the engraving was the perfect touch to pull it all together.

Seconding the request for more pics! =P

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @bludiva you are in Austin? I miss Austin..

Yes to all you said. I love to talk so here goes :)

When I go to Austin I always stay with my bestie in cat mountain, but my boy lives up in Cedar Park.. so when he called and told me he wanted to get engaged and I 'had' offered a diamond and so had her mom - both to him.. so I and her mom hit up Austin and we went with him to Benolds.

In my 17+ years in Austin I had used these jewelry stores:

One in Anderson Mill near the old HEB, out of business for a long time but the owner's name was Norma, great store, very nice people.. charged top dollar, but a ring I got there has PS quality diamonds (just dumb luck on my part) (this is the once that cracked that I took to Gallerie, see below).

Americus Diamonds, to my mind unprofessional and expensive and wish I never went there. they are gone and out of business.. shady shady... I had my ring fixed there once then reset.. never go to a store that is always having a 'sale', or returning after being out of business.

C Kirk Root - to me they bordered on shady, Root had recentlly died and I had taken a setting to them and wanted the princess diamonds taken out and made into a wedding band, the diamonds had been set with invisible setting, the guy told me the stones would have to be set individually as it's impossible to match up each diamond once they are out.. so on and on I waited till months later they call me and tell me it's ready, I go to pick it up, the diamonds are all set invisibly, it's my only almost full eternity band, set in palladium.. I liked the ring very much.. it's light weight, they said he did it this way because I had waited so long to have it finished. Never called me and asked me if I wanted it this way.. sigh.

C Kirk Root - I went back to have a new setting made for my 1.6 MRB, I wanted a thin band with old baguettes I had around each stone in a cathedral setting, with a platinum head, paid 1.2K (and gave them old gold too).. again never ever ever READY!! everytime I called, finally I went in and the guy brought it out gave it to me and off I went, after looking at it I realized it was a POS, total, my niece is learning jewelry making and she has made 3 rings and she could have done a much better job, man it was off center, I should take a pix of it and post it here. They are gone now I believe. Really a terrible job.

Galleria - went in there because they had a good rep. and I had a cracked band on the above ring, they lasered it and sold me a wedding band and engagement ring setting from a bride who bugged out - in platinum - I mentioned that I wasn't all that thrilled with cathedral settings but it was fine.. my first platinum rings.. so I go off to Europe, come back to pick up the rings as we are moving to Maine the next day! he opens the box and it's not the setting he showed me! he said to me: You said you didn't like cathedral settings so I had the bench jeweler remake it for you, I never told him to remake it, sooo I'm like WTF... ??? the head they put in was FOR a cathedral setting so the stone sat WAAAY up, I hated hated it.. way too high... but I gotta move.. I could have dealt with it if were still living in North Austin, but at this point in my jewelry stores in Austin dealings I'd had it. I know the guy was being nice but dang.. 2 jewelers who changed a ring without asking? or telling.. EFF that.

so this lead me to Benolds - when DS called I researched as best as I could and Benolds came out very very well... so I brought a few different rings I thought my son might like the diamonds from and the 1.33 K AVC SI 1... not surprisingly DS picked the AVC!!! so I gave it up to him.. (this is how I got my 3 stone ACA ACA ESel trellis :) hubster thought I did a wonderful thing).. So back to my bestie.. she came out of her bedroom and offered my son HER first orginal stone setting, which was a 1985 version of an infinity ring setting in yellow gold, my son goes wild, he loves her setting but it's for a round stone, not a cushion.. so off we go to Benolds, the salesman says "did you know this is a very old stone?" I say no, it isn't :) it's an AVC, but I couldn't convince him it was a modern day stone cut to precision standards.. so we work down from the Verraggio settings (no offense but I don't like them as they very expensive in my book).. he then brings out a setting similar to my bestie's but it's 18K and it has pave, so DS loves it, I think how the heck are they going to make it look like that with a cushion? as you can see they did, but to me it looks totally different that the swirly original.. My son just loves the infinity look to it and my DIL loves it because he picked it out and surprised her and she loves him mucho :)

I came back for the wedding 8 mos later and we went over to Benolds to pick up the her wedding band and I asked them to re-dip my rings, they said sure for 90$$ a ring .. WTF!!! What.. I have never been charged by a jeweler I did business with for rhodium plating.. one can say my son was the buyer per se, but I contributed to the setting, they took my card.. I was surprised to say the least.

So this leads me to the final jeweler in Austin: Calvins.. as my bestie lives in Cat Mountain I was driving up Far West back to her house and I saw Calvins and just stopped and I walked in and they were wonderful and dipped all 4 rings for free. sooooo if I were doing any jewelry business in Austin again I think I would try Calvin's first. I was just hoping Calvin's was cheaper than 90$ a ring for rhodium!!!

LOOOOOONG story.. but since you are in that area I thought you might find it interesting.

Also, somewhere somehow in my journey my stone that started out in NYC at the diamond center as a 1.66 G/H VS2 stone morphed into a 1.61 I VVS2 stone... truth.. my husband said the first 2 appraisals were probably off.. me I just said okay.

I think I read before that the setting was not to your taste but you loved all the thought that went into it (forgive me if I'm misphrasing). I have to say the more I see it, the more I appreciate how elegantly it blends so many things that were important to your son and your daughter-in-law. And it is so unique!

It was done by Benolds if I remember correctly from that prior thread - we looked there too and their custom settings looked very high quality. It's a ring that is going to stand the test of time & adding the engraving was the perfect touch to pull it all together.

Seconding the request for more pics! =P

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate i will check out calvin's sometime! we went to a bunch of local stores...franzetti, benolds, the ring gals, diamonds direct.

i liked franzetti and benolds for their small shop feel but selection was limited.

the ring gals - really liked the way their store works, everything is open for you to try, prices are clearly marked, and they have a wall display of their in-house diamonds.

diamonds direct - probably the best for sheer selection and their prices seemed pretty good on a lot of things.

went to tiffany's too to try on bands...i have to say i never felt pressured in any of the stores but a lot of salespeople said things about jewelry that seemed just wrong (like trying to tell you your AVC is an old stone - perfect case in point). i feel like they sell the same thing over and over again and if you want something different they are at a loss. :lol:

so generous of your best friend! wow! your son sounds very well loved!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My 2.88 J. I would say it's a mid-low J and I definitely see tints in some lighting conditions, while other times it can be so bright it looks totally white or it reflects surrounding colors and looks like a rainbow.
DSC_0109.JPG
DSC_0144.JPG

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here's a pix of my DIL's ring with the engraving. :)

ring engraving.PNG
@GearGirly

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results