shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Ring and Watch hand

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
A97C0D60-51DB-4B03-9C79-0556C4E48CD8.png
Thank you @Lykame . The fluted bezel is my new addition from Paris last week. We are practically twins :D I struggled deciding between the black or ruthenium face for a couple years, but finally decided on the ruthenium despite my aging eyesight. LOL

The silver bracelet is from the Tiffany HardWare line. I’m not a huge Tiffany fan and only own a few pieces, but I popped in and tried it on one day and loved it. The one I have is linked below.

https://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/bracelets/tiffany-hardwear-link-bracelet-GRP09435/
@Kaycee2018, I love this watch in its bronze dial but I have same problem as you, lol :lol: :lol: :lol: ......due to astigmatisms.
I am still thinking should I just buy???

P.S. - I cant decide between oyster & jubilee too

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah man, well I know many would kill me for saying this, but in general I am also not a Tiffany fan (because of how obscenely overpriced I think they are) but there are a few things of theirs that I do like a lot - having never seen that hardware line, clearly that is one of those things I do like a lot! Oh man.

Having said that, I recently went into a Tiffany - hard to not be curious - and the tone of their platinum is beautiful. I understand it is alloyed with ruthenium, but the ladies serving me did not know that. "Of course it's not ruthenium, it's platinum!". Erm...! :wall:

But that is a beautiful bracelet.

As for your watch - I think you made the perfect choice with the ruthenium. It looks great! I also thought I would struggle sometimes with interpreting the face of mine, but because of the way the light reflects against all the different components of it, I can tell the time even in really low light. So hopefully you'll be fine. :geek2: I love my watch - never taken a picture of it that does it justice, however.
This is a beautiful watch. I also really really loved the version with the diamond markers. If I bought it I would go for the blue face because I am obsessed with blue face watches. But I also am worried that I won’t be able to see it as easily as I get older. This is why I am considering the yacht master which is a whole different look. And I appreciate it more as I wear it.(I’m testing out my mom’s.). And I LOVE that you can see the sub and the yachtmaster in the dark. Here is the datejust in blue. It was love at first sight. But you can see how in certain lighting environments it may not be as easy to see.
36741F5B-CAE2-4327-BB26-FE45FADF8A43.jpeg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
This is a beautiful watch. I also really really loved the version with the diamond markers. If I bought it I would go for the blue face because I am obsessed with blue face watches. But I also am worried that I won’t be able to see it as easily as I get older. This is why I am considering the yacht master which is a whole different look. And I appreciate it more as I wear it.(I’m testing out my mom’s.). And I LOVE that you can see the sub and the yachtmaster in the dark. Here is the datejust in blue. It was love at first sight. But you can see how in certain lighting environments it may not be as easy to see.

I think that's a really beautiful watch. I honestly wouldn't worry too much about seeing the face. Without my contact lenses I am extremely myopic (I would meet the criteria for legally blind, but I am blessed that with my contacts my vision is perfect) and I have no issue telling the time with my watch even though as you can see my watch face would be a prime culprit for that. I don't know if that reassures you or not but I think - if your heart loves it, go for it!!!

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A97C0D60-51DB-4B03-9C79-0556C4E48CD8.png
@Kaycee2018, I love this watch in its bronze dial but I have same problem as you, lol :lol: :lol: :lol: ......due to astigmatisms.
I am still thinking should I just buy???

P.S. - I cant decide between oyster & jubilee too

Wow, the bronze face is really nice! I can see why you are torn. I really like how it pops. I ultimately went with what I preferred aesthetically vs. what was more practical :lol:. I figure if I wanted practical I would have gone with Seiko or Timex. Plus there another model I prefer with the black face that's now been added to my wishlist :saint:

As for the bracelet, I also have a DayDate with the Oyster bracelet. The great feature of the Oyster bracelet is it has a small extender built in so you can make it a tad looser or tighter, which I really like since I am a sweller, especially in the heat of summer and when flying. But don't think you can go wrong with either bracelet. I would suggest taking your time in deciding though. It took me about two years to decide between black and ruthenium face on this one and I was even still debating in the boutique. GL!

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ah man, well I know many would kill me for saying this, but in general I am also not a Tiffany fan (because of how obscenely overpriced I think they are) but there are a few things of theirs that I do like a lot - having never seen that hardware line, clearly that is one of those things I do like a lot! Oh man.

Having said that, I recently went into a Tiffany - hard to not be curious - and the tone of their platinum is beautiful. I understand it is alloyed with ruthenium, but the ladies serving me did not know that. "Of course it's not ruthenium, it's platinum!". Erm...! :wall:

But that is a beautiful bracelet.

As for your watch - I think you made the perfect choice with the ruthenium. It looks great! I also thought I would struggle sometimes with interpreting the face of mine, but because of the way the light reflects against all the different components of it, I can tell the time even in really low light. So hopefully you'll be fine. :geek2: I love my watch - never taken a picture of it that does it justice, however.

Thanks, @Lykame . My opinion of Tiffany is about the same. I even checked out the Hardware line when it was released a few years ago and it didn't strike me at the time. But since then they've released new pieces and this one spoke to me (even with the inflated Tiffany price :roll:). My very dear friend is a Tiffany die-hard, so she drags me in there a lot and is probably to blame for the few pieces of Tiffany I actually own :lol:

Re: watches, I think it has more to do with the way the light reflects off the hands more-so than the ability to see the numbers. So even with a lack of contrast on the face, being able to see the reflection of light on the hands makes it more readable. And why oh why is it so hard to take good photos of diamonds and watches?!?! LOL

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wow @LLJsmom ! That blue face is striking! I say if you love it, get it and get the yachtmaster later :bigsmile:I really love the look of the yatchmaster and sub too, but they are way too big for me. DH has the Hulk sub and I always wish I could wear it but it looks completely comical on my wrist. He just got the 40mm DayDate and even looks ridiculous on me! I think 34mm (possibly 36mm) is the biggest I could go. As much as I admire the look on others, big watches just don't suit me :(.

Rollyx2.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been wearing the yachtmaster for several days and it has got to be the most comfortable watch I’ve ever worn. More comfortable than my other Rolexes. Older smaller models. More comfy than the JLC s I tried although I think those probably need some breaking in. And it has this amazing low key bling factor. The brushed and polished bracelet is beautiful to stare at while wearing it. I’m leaning toward this one. I need to see what the dial color and size options are. I would still love a JLC Duetto but I would go for the Rolex first. This is a most dangerous rabbit hole.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my dream watch. But it will never happen. 40 is way bigger than what I can wear. And it’s no longer produced so it would have to be from the secondary market. So sad. I guess it’s back to the drawing board.
C227EBCD-D52C-4164-8AA9-7CBB9286C835.png
So my temp is this. Which is fine because I can see this no problem, it’s very light and it fits. I just appropriated this from my DH’s drawer.

54127B88-F9C5-4051-B285-CC959C272703.jpeg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom , what size Rolex are you considering? What was the size of the one with the blue dial--that shade of blue is so striking! My friend had a 26mm blue dial Rolex (this was many years ago) & I loved it at the time. Do you prefer a smooth or fluted bezel? So many options to choose from....I, too, had a crush on a yacht master a few years ago, a friend had one & it just looked so hip on her. They are very cool looking!

@lucida818 I tried on that exact watch configuration with that bronze dial & LOVED it. But made a more conservative choice...but still think that bronze dial was beautiful. I do prefer the jubilee bracelet over the oyster, it seems to be more feminine on me...the oyster bracelet just didn't sing to me the way the jubilee bracelet does.

Ok, I finally took some new pics. The SS is a 31mm, & the two tone is a 26mm--its over 20 years old. What a surprise it was the day DH gave it to me! IMG_4275.jpeg IMG_4251.jpeg IMG_4255.jpeg

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
This is my dream watch. But it will never happen. 40 is way bigger than what I can wear. And it’s no longer produced so it would have to be from the secondary market. So sad. I guess it’s back to the drawing board.
C227EBCD-D52C-4164-8AA9-7CBB9286C835.png So my temp is this. Which is fine because I can see this no problem, it’s very light and it fits. I just appropriated this from my DH’s drawer.

54127B88-F9C5-4051-B285-CC959C272703.jpeg

Have you considered the 36 mm Yachtmaster? The rhodium face is gorgeous and I’d say it’s very legible. It also has a gorgeous turquoise second hand. It’s subtle, but a really nice pop. I tried on a 36 mm when I was shopping. Here it is.

E98F74C3-D224-463D-8A4C-924322D3729F.jpeg 42260355-9D4F-4D27-9AAF-8457C80A162C.jpeg 6A5CA282-2DA8-44D6-A9E6-7D3B56462554.jpeg

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I found a few more photos! Yay, watches!!!!

Not sure how big your wrist measures, but would encourage you to at least play around with 40 mm Rolexes. The mens’ sport models are so much more functional than womens’ watches it’s not even funny. Bigger faces, tons of lume that makes them easy to read in low light, useful complications, glidelock for easy adjustment on the fly (for Subs), easy link for easy adjustment on the fly (GMTs and some others). And with aging eyes...the extra real estate on the dial is SO. VERY. HELPFUL.

I think Apple watches are 40 mm or so, and women wear those all over the place.

Anyway, here are some wrist shots. I’m 5’9” for reference, and my left wrist measures 6.25” at the wristbone with the tape pulled snugly.

Trying on a gorgeous two tone Daytona. This is 40 mm and wears smaller than the Sub and GMT. Stunning piece.
250212A1-0D10-40FA-A01C-F8E8C4796671.jpeg

Trying a green dial green bezel Sub (aka, a Hulk).
8B43FDF3-69E8-4BE2-92A6-42719C5868A1.jpeg

This is my ceramic Sub, purchased earlier this year. Love, love, love.
159B7347-D877-4F70-A0DE-5ADFBCF419D2.png

This is my XL Cartier Tank, automatic. Not sure they still sell this model except in two tone. It is technically a mens’ watch. (Not that this is a running theme with me or anything).
63EC1448-B632-4C63-A90E-D93504BE21AA.png

Trying a Tudor Black Bay. This is also s 40 mm dive watch. Tudor is a sister company to Rolex and makes very nice timepieces.
7580ED9F-1FCE-4475-A2CF-7602D77A6022.png

Hope that helps! I have loved my foray into mens’ watches and don’t think I could ever go back. I have a 26 mm Datejust sitting in the safe that I haven’t worn in years. It’s very hard to read because it’s a champagne face and champagne hands, but it also looks oddly sized to me at this point.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you considered the 36 mm Yachtmaster? The rhodium face is gorgeous and I’d say it’s very legible. It also has a gorgeous turquoise second hand. It’s subtle, but a really nice pop. I tried on a 36 mm when I was shopping. Here it is.

E98F74C3-D224-463D-8A4C-924322D3729F.jpeg 42260355-9D4F-4D27-9AAF-8457C80A162C.jpeg 6A5CA282-2DA8-44D6-A9E6-7D3B56462554.jpeg
Thank you for the pics. I would have loved to try a 36 yachtmaster. I think that will be a goal watch. It’s very hard to find one to just try on when I am not 100% ready to commit. The yachtmaster beats out any other Rolex for me. Elegant, sleek, sporty and understated. Checks every box. My first choice would be blue but I understand that may have never been made in 36. Second would be rhodium.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the pics. I would have loved to try a 36 yachtmaster. I think that will be a goal watch. It’s very hard to find one to just try on when I am not 100% ready to commit. The yachtmaster beats out any other Rolex for me. Elegant, sleek, sporty and understated. Checks every box. My first choice would be blue but I understand that may have never been made in 36. Second would be rhodium.
You’re welcome!

Believe it or not, you will have an easier time finding a 36 mm anything to try than a 40, especially in stainless steel right now. The Rolex stainless market is bonkers at the moment. You could probably call authorized dealers in your area and ask about it. I don’t get the sense that there are waitlist for the 36 mm Yachtmaster (the one I tried was in the case, which is usually not the case with waitlisted watches).

If you want to find out whether the 36 was ever made in a blue face, you might hop on to one of the watch forums and ask. Those guys are like watches pretty much like we are about diamonds. They would know.

@Dancing Fire , what are the best watch forums these days?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have my HPD Symphonie on today.
I alternate between my pear, HPD Symphonie, or HPD Trilogie erings.

The 18k Rolex is an old watch with the champagne tapestry dial early 80s.

Attachments

• 20191024_151241.jpg
    20191024_151241.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 109

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire , what are the best watch forums these days?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
You’re awesome! Thank you, DF!!!!

easttle

Rough_Rock
Here are my daily wears. The watch's gift from mom for me taking on my first job and I've been wearing it practically everyday. I've been wearing my ering on my index finger due to its larger size and the fact that it doesn't sit very well with my wedding band.

IMG_0365.jpg

Last edited:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s my most recent daily wear - a 1968 Hamilton Thin-o-matic on a vintage navy blue mesh strap. Bonus pug in the background.
3203BFB6-45EE-4EE2-AA68-38C7A9202A4E.jpeg

That's a very cool watch, it looks great! I was distracted, however, by your bonus pug comment. Considering I had to click into the picture (on my phone) to figure out where your pug was in that picture, I have to say you have failed in your statement of bonus pug! :Up_to_something: I want to see more pug!

Pwease? :halo:

:pray:

:lol::lol::lol:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lykame ok fair call!
here’s some more pug pictures - fawn is Barry, black is Franklin. They’re in their Halloween costumes (lobster and teddy bear) and mostly just hanging out being cute. They are quite definitely my favourite little people in the world and I love them more than diamonds.

72E34871-51DB-434B-AB05-DF1A90EAD0A3.jpeg
8DE7E339-C3F6-40E2-B1BF-5628E722701C.jpeg
FE99C4A7-A6BE-4DAB-8996-47310D827713.jpeg
3178D647-63C3-4073-B11D-40FD84E60EFC.jpeg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@Lykame ok fair call!
here’s some more pug pictures - fawn is Barry, black is Franklin. They’re in their Halloween costumes (lobster and teddy bear) and mostly just hanging out being cute. They are quite definitely my favourite little people in the world and I love them more than diamonds.

72E34871-51DB-434B-AB05-DF1A90EAD0A3.jpeg
8DE7E339-C3F6-40E2-B1BF-5628E722701C.jpeg
FE99C4A7-A6BE-4DAB-8996-47310D827713.jpeg
3178D647-63C3-4073-B11D-40FD84E60EFC.jpeg

OH MY GOSH YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY!!!

They are beautiful! I actually tend to worry about pugs because they're usually too flat faced, which affects their breathing. That bothers me - but yours look beautiful, they have lovely faces! Those outfits are also stinking cute! I love them, gosh, give them cuddles from me!

:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Honestly thank you so much for sharing, that's genuinely made my day a better place.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY GOSH YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY!!!

They are beautiful! I actually tend to worry about pugs because they're usually too flat faced, which affects their breathing. That bothers me - but yours look beautiful, they have lovely faces! Those outfits are also stinking cute! I love them, gosh, give them cuddles from me!

:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Honestly thank you so much for sharing, that's genuinely made my day a better place.
You’re very welcome! They make my day brighter every day so I’m glad they could help you! (Sorry for the thread jack)

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread! I still wear a watch everyday!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Funny I took this pic today to send to my dh bc he left before I did and wanted him to see what I wore. And I am home and on PS and see this great thread!
My pinky ring was given to me when my dh was my bf and I wore it on my ring finger. I sized it down to my pinky after a while to make room for an ering!
I'm wearing my 2 tone invicta watch from Costco and my pink sapphire and diamond gold bracelet. 20200129_121014.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I havn't worn a watch since 2012 when i got all the way from Wellington NZ to Mocton NB Canada (4 flights) without one

My Casio i got for my 21st had died after a really long innings of 20 years

I have a nice Seiko i also got for my 21st ive bearly ever warn
It had to have a very costly repair after a dead battry ate out a part

Hmmmmmmm ....i must take it in for a new battery
Maybe you guys are inspiring me - although I'd have to fake the ER ...mind you my right hand is my watch hand

id like an Omega (because Bruce Springsteen wears one heehee) but i need a new bathroom more !

@Dancing Fire i love your ring (and watch)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results